PDA

View Full Version : Short legged?

Kidhuman
10-02-2005, 11:34 PM
I was setting up some vintage figures today and was noticing I had a few that had short legs, as in one shorter than the other. Most noticably was Bousch, Walrus man, Hammerhead, and Greedo. Does anyone else have this issue?

BTW, I will post some pics of it when I get some pics of it. I set up a Jabba Palace scene with vintage figs on a bookcase. The top shelf is Jabbas throne and the shelf below is the Rancor Pit.

LusiferSam
10-03-2005, 01:25 AM
YES! I most defiantly have this issue. But its with different figures. Its most notable on my original Han and Luke, the Imperial Commander and both Bespin Guards. None of these figures were originally mine. I've been wondering if its aging and the plastic shrinking at different rates. I've got pictures, but with the Database down I can't link them.

2-1B
10-03-2005, 02:37 AM
I remember wrestling with this years ago when I wanted to set up some vintage figs on display . . . I even used poster puddy to level out the shorter leg so it would stick and stand in place. :(

Greedo comes to mind.

Slicker
10-03-2005, 06:39 AM
I remember having this problem when I had a few vintage figs set up. I can't think of any in particular but it's definitely a problem with the vintage line.

Kidhuman
10-03-2005, 08:22 AM
Well, it makes me feel better that this is an all around issue and not just me.

trandoshan666
10-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Because of this thread, I dug out some of my vintage figures to have a look, and sure enough, I found some that had this flaw: Bossk, Greedo, Walrus Man, Klaatu, Boba Fett, B-Wing Fighter Pilot and At-At commander. Now I'm wondering why I never noticed this before especially with as many times as these have been set up and played with in the past 25 years or so.

Kidhuman
10-05-2005, 10:08 PM
I know I never set them up as a kid, always played with them. If I stood them up it was on stands, so I neevr noticed it.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-05-2005, 10:59 PM
I know that my Weequay has a leg out at an angle that makes it shorter. Not sure if any other of my figs have "short-leg syndrome."

LusiferSam
10-07-2005, 12:19 AM
With the Database back up here are the photos. I just realized after rereading my last post I said original Luke. I meant Bespin Luke. The two clearest photos are the back shot of Bespin Luke (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=7704&cat=3446) and the front shot of the Imperial Commander (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=6656&cat=3437).