PDA

View Full Version : Do you want Episode II title changed?

SirSteve
08-21-2001, 11:45 AM
The title is Episode II: Attack Of The Clones

master jedi
08-21-2001, 01:29 PM
In my opinion 'The Clone Wars' is a lot better title but I'm mainly in it for the story.

good shot jansen
08-21-2001, 02:09 PM
we're all gonna call it episode II no matter what. (heck i don't know anyone who calls episode I the phantom menace)

just gimmie some new micro machine toys!:mad:

jedi master sal
08-21-2001, 06:20 PM
I like "The Clone Wars" or "Rise of the Empire" maybe that will be the title for the third prequel.

I've heard that the working title was "Tyranny Reborn"

Anyone else here this?

I kind of like this title. I think this was published in the local newspaper here in Pittsburgh.

Jargo
08-21-2001, 07:06 PM
I still think 'The shadow falls' was a better title even if it was just fan rumour. It sounded more mysterious and romantic. Like a darker chapter in the saga but not too dark. It made me think of all those swashbuckling pirate movies from the 30's and 40's starring people like Errol Flynn. It made me look forward to the film. Now we know the title and it's so darn blunt, I have no exitement left. When I first read the title I just went "Oh - okay......" and that was that. I still feel the same. But I should have said "YES! That is so cool!" I think I've had the wow pulled from under me with this title.

JediTricks
08-21-2001, 09:53 PM
I don't like it because of the jokey quality of "attack of the ____". I'd prefer "Dawn of the Clones" or "Onslaught of the Clones" or almost anything else. Even "Curse of the Clones" wouldn't bug me in that way, although it would be a bit silly, I'd have more respect for it as a title.

I want Lucas to change it, but I know he won't. :(

humsup
08-21-2001, 11:52 PM
It sounds kinda lame when I first read about it but have since learn to accept it as it is. I think it is all about making a fun movie and its now coupled with a "fun-ny" title. So, I vote for "It doesn't matter" :)

GNT
08-22-2001, 01:03 AM
I like it at first I hated it but its pretty cool!

Besides you don't go the movies to pay for its title!

Eternal Padawan
08-22-2001, 01:41 AM
I think Curse of the Clones would bug you more, JT. Say it out loud a few times: "CURSE OF THE CLONES" Ugh. AOTC is no winner, but it beats Curse of the Clones.

2-1B
08-22-2001, 02:24 AM
Dawn of the Clones is nice, but too passive.

QLD
08-22-2001, 07:31 AM
I say he should change the name to:

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace 2: Electric Boogaloo

evenflow
08-22-2001, 07:49 AM
It's not going to be changed, that is why i voted for it doesn't matter.

JEDIpartner
08-22-2001, 09:02 AM
Shockingly bad at the start...

the pain is starting to lessen. Ahhhhhhh...

JediTricks
08-22-2001, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
I think Curse of the Clones would bug you more, JT. Say it out loud a few times: "CURSE OF THE CLONES" Ugh. AOTC is no winner, but it beats Curse of the Clones. Oh, I agree that I wouldn't love it, but it wouldn't bug me in the same way AOTC would, it'd be almost exactly like the way TPM bugs me actually (too "Scooby Doo" ;)).

Evenflow, I agree it's not going to change, but it's supposed to be about what you WANT, not what will happen. What we all WANT, that does matter I think, it doesn't mean that Lucas has to do everything we want, but our wants do matter none the less. :)

Darth AL
08-22-2001, 12:32 PM
I think the name is fine the way it is. when I first heard it I
thought that it sounded pretty weird but then again
back when Empire Strikes Back came out people
thought that name was kinda strange, so all you
doubters give it time and it will grow on you.

Lobito
08-22-2001, 01:52 PM
Hmmm...ok, i'll write some thoughts:

EPII: ASCENTION TO POWER
EPII: The Golden Age of the Republic

And of course...The clone wars

Mandalorian Candidat
08-23-2001, 01:21 PM
I'll bet Lucas didn't choose 'The Clone Wars' is because it also has the word wars in it. Just think of his full title: Star Wars: Episode II - The Clone Wars. He might have thought that it sounded to repetitive.

Back when we all thought the EP1 title was going to be 'Balance of the Force' someone came out with 'Rise of the Empire.' I really liked that name because it mirrored the EP5 'Empire Strikes Back' title. Who knows, maybe it didn't get named that way because the Empire really doesn't get started until EP3 or inbetween 2 and 3.

Obi-Don
08-23-2001, 03:28 PM
I'm not all that happy with the title but I'll trust GL for now ,all the other titles seem to fit after the movie came out.

Neo Solo
08-24-2001, 10:45 PM
Just check my signature. Doesn't it remind you of "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes"? That was my first thought. Such a crappy title. To be honest, I voted no, I don't want it changed. I figure GL started making mistakes with the Ewoks. Then added to those mistakes with some stuff in Special Edition. (What' that crap laser blast before Han fries Greedo?!?) The ultimate mistake : Jar Jar Binks. If the title of EP2 is his only mistake, we're all laughing!!!!! You know I'll be camped out a week in advance just to find out.

To all the Ewok lovers (Iknow there's a lot of you) : No offence intended:)

stillakid
08-24-2001, 11:55 PM
I kind of like it. It rings true to the spirit of the old time B movie serial, which is really what this whole thing is all about.

the last jedi
08-25-2001, 01:59 AM
Short and Sweet, I have been a Fan since I was 14 Iam now 36, I have read so many of the books and stories plus the movies, Any one who has read and followed Star Wars Know's how important the Clone Wars are. Every book talks of it and even in the movie's except Ep1. They refer to this time as the Clone Wars. So the name should be The CLONE WARS. Thanks Have a great day

master jedi
08-25-2001, 12:28 PM
I couldn't have put it better myself, last jedi.

vulcantouch
08-26-2001, 11:00 PM
. . .cuz he should be forced to Live with his mistake :p

Darth Cruel
08-27-2001, 05:13 PM
The Title for Episode II gets a patented In Living Color, Men On Film, Blain Edwards and Antwan Mayweather Three snaps and a neck roll "Hated it!"

The 'Xir
08-29-2001, 09:36 PM
Unless George changes the title at the last minute like he did with ROTJ, I'm fine with this title! I mean after all it's what he wants to use, so there must be a reason!

Toon Jedi
08-31-2001, 03:03 AM
"The Clone Wars" or "Rise of The Empire" would be great. The third film will be "Fall of The Republic".

2-1B
08-31-2001, 03:17 AM
How 'bout a compromise - Attack of the Clone Wars :D

Darth Cruel
08-31-2001, 08:53 PM
Or "War of the Clones"

ThomasLane
09-18-2001, 11:14 AM
I think GL is just trying to lower peoples' expectations. Besides, don't all SW movies have lame titles that grow on you? Well, "The Phantom Menace" is still a very lame title, but the rest are ok. Actually, "A New Hope" is pretty lame too. But 2 out of 5 isn't bad. Come to think of it, that sucks pretty bad. Oh well, I'll just have to refer to them as I did when I was a kid:

Star Wars
Star Wars 2
Star Wars 3

An now:

Episode 1
Episode 2

browndroid
11-19-2001, 03:26 PM
YEAH it REALLY needs to be changed, it sounds like an old sci-fi mivie, ATTACK OF THE CLONES! AHHH the clone wars sounds way better...........what was the flannled one thinking??(when i say the flannled one i am reffering to george lucas, you would only know this if you go to bobafettfanclub.com alot.......)

Tycho
10-01-2002, 02:00 PM
It's funny how "Attack of the Clones" has become widely accepted and liked as a title now. :)

I like it myself, today when I think about it.

Pendo
10-01-2002, 02:23 PM
I too like it! I never really had a major problem with it. I had my concerns about it but was waiting until the movie to totaly make my mind up. Oh boy do clones ATTACK!!!! :D:D:D

PENDO!

El Chuxter
10-01-2002, 02:29 PM
Ah, what the heck? Let's change it! :D :crazed:

JediTricks
10-01-2002, 03:47 PM
Funny you should mention that, I just got an email from my aunt about how she thinks the title is really bad. There was also a pic of some hand-made Vader, 3PO, and R2 from a storefront window that were kinda funny.

Tycho
10-01-2002, 03:50 PM
Hey JediTricks, can you post the picture? :)

bigbarada
10-01-2002, 09:42 PM
I think it is totally fitting especially now that I have seen it. But if JT's aunt says it sucks then it must be true.;)

Well, my sister-in-law likes it, so there.:p

JediTricks
10-02-2002, 04:24 PM
It is true... for her. My point was I still get told (since I'm the resident SW fan to my family) that the name isn't very good from time to time.

So these in the pic are welded from recycled materials, are in a San Francisco martial arts store, and the builder is selling each for $5,000 - seems a little pricey to me as a SW fan since you can get the life-sized Vader for that, but not all that much if they're unique artwork.

mini-rock
10-04-2002, 07:27 PM
Change the title? GOD NO!!! AOTC is the 2nd best SW title IMO. Next to ESB.:)

Tycho
10-05-2002, 04:01 AM
Those statues are really cool JT!

If I had some kind of estate, I'd buy them and display them in a courtyard or something! Very cool.

jjreason
10-07-2002, 02:20 AM
Now that we've seen the movie, I think we'd for the most part agree that the title is sound. Quite the attack it was, too.....

JediTricks
10-07-2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
Those statues are really cool JT!

If I had some kind of estate, I'd buy them and display them in a courtyard or something! Very cool. Where's Sansweet when you need him? ;)

aikman
10-09-2002, 10:33 AM
In retrospect, 'Empire strikes back' was a stupid title, I think that everyone was just so hyper sensitive to it being too 'kid friendly' like the movie menace was, that explains all the beating the title took. It fits in ok.
There isnt talk that he was going to change the title is there?

JediTricks
10-09-2002, 04:20 PM
No plans to change it, but remember that this poll is over a year old.