PDA

View Full Version : question about stormtrooper evolution sets

wedge1968
10-04-2005, 10:08 AM
I am confused (what else is new) about the stormtrooper evolution sets. I knwo that there are two: one dirty and one really dirty. However, the pictures that I thought I had seen seemed to indicate that the really dirty version had a grey shoulder pad. Is this the case? Otherwise, do they both have orange shoulder pads?

Please help.

Thanks.

shammykenobi
10-04-2005, 10:28 AM
Right...one version has a white dirty clone from AOTC...a gray and white dirty clone commmander from ROTS...and a dirty sandtrooper with gray shoulder pauldron from ANH...the other set has a yellow and white dirty clone from AOTC...a yellow and white dirty clone commander from ROTS (actually this is one of the star-corps clones from the scene with ayla secura...imagine that...a clone figure actually from the movie!) and lasty a diry sandtrooper with orange shoulder pauldron from ANH...hope this helps.

wedge1968
10-04-2005, 10:42 AM
OK, so I was correct about the grey shoulder thing. Also, the others are different as well! That, I didn't know. It seemed to me that I was seeing dirtier and dirtier stormtroopers with orange shoulder things, and I was beginning to wonder if the amount of dirt was the only difference.

Does anyone know where I can see a side by side comparison shot?

decadentdave
10-04-2005, 12:25 PM
Here's a few comparison shots. The "Dirty" set Stormtrooper looks like he's been through the sewer!

DarkArtist
10-05-2005, 11:38 AM
Now i got to find the grey version of the Ev set. I love this sets and hope Hasbro continues to make these into the future.

Deoxyribonucleic
10-08-2005, 04:17 PM
Ay carumba...I thought I was lucky finding the "not so dirty one" but the dirty one looks nicely done...at least in the picture!

Turbowars
10-08-2005, 06:18 PM
Who the heck is the Clone in the center of the set?

jedi master sal
10-08-2005, 09:48 PM
Who the heck is the Clone in the center of the set?

If by the grey ROTS clone, he's yet another made up clone by Hasbro. Great news is, with the Clone Attack on Coruscant Battle pack having 4 grey movie accurate clones, you can call that grey ROTS clone from the Evolution set their commander.

Hmm, let's give him a name shall we?

Here are my some of my suggestions:
Commander Steel
Commander Ash
Commander Silver

Anyone else have some suggestions for the name of this clone?

Who knows, with SW.com's giving fans a chance to write backstories on characters, we might just be able to have some REAL input on this one.

-Sal

Blackened88
10-08-2005, 10:27 PM
Cool names but I think we should leave most of the clone developing up to Karen Traviss and Ryan Kufman, they really know clones.

Turbowars
10-09-2005, 01:38 AM
I waas thinking more about the yellow one.

shammykenobi
10-09-2005, 10:45 AM
Just for further clarification...the clone commander in the yellow/orange evolution set isn't really a clone commander...he's actually just a regular star corps clone that is part of Commander Bly's unit on felucia...he's a regular old clone like everyone else, he just happens to be wearing mostly a clone commander uniform...if you go to star wars.com... look up bly or aayla secura... click on their pictures and you will see a large still from the movie of aayla surrounded by bly and about four other clones that look like the clone "commander" from the evolution set...apparently this is their regular uniform, for this unit.

Turbowars
10-09-2005, 12:27 PM
Cool, thanks for the info.