PDA

View Full Version : Been Gone but now back! sorta!

silentsteel70
10-04-2005, 05:09 PM
Hey guys

it has been a while...infact over a year since either myself or my husband have been on this site..sa you may or may not recal my husband was getting deployed overseas with the army..well he did go away last october..and hopefully he will be back in a few months time YAYYY! :grin:

We got onto the subject of this fine site today and I had to load it back into the new pc for his return..LOL..and I guess with the new stuff on this site, it will end up costing me an arm and a leg now :p

He left me with his star wars collection, and yes I have added to it while he has been away (like a good little wifey) anf he got his mini light saber collections for xmas too both sets jedi and sith, with display cases..and althogh he only saw them breifly (when he was home on R&R) he loves them...now i need suggestions on what to get for this xmas for him!! I am stumped :cross-eye any ideas greatly appreciated..

well he will be back soon and he will no doubt be a regular yet again

byeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Julie

Lord Malakite
10-04-2005, 10:51 PM
I think thats kind of hard to say from our point of view. We don't exactly know what Star Wars things he collects specifically or what he already owns out of those particular lines. Some obvious choices are "Revenge of the Sith" "Clone Wars: Volume I" and "Clone Wars: Volume II" on DVD if you hadn't already planned on it. If he collects resteraunt premiums and doesn't have them yet, you could try to get him a set of the 31 kids meal figures from Burger King that came out during the "ROTS" theatrical release. Going along with that, you can also try to pick up a set of the 17 kids meal figures and 6 collector's watches from Burger King that come out during the upcoming "ROTS" DVD release. If you want to completely shock him give him the figure abomination that is Holiday Darth Vader from starwarsshop.com. Starwarshop.com also got an exclusive dark chrome Anakin lightsaber recently.

Kidhuman
10-04-2005, 11:07 PM
Welcome back, and I remember you.

As for what to get him, get him some of the battle packs. Its a good way to get him alot of figures. Also scour for the ROTS 3.75 line, I recall he liked those.

2-1B
10-04-2005, 11:42 PM
Welcome back Jules, I hope your hub makes it back soon and safe. :)

silentsteel70
10-05-2005, 10:32 AM
Welcome back, and I remember you.

As for what to get him, get him some of the battle packs. Its a good way to get him alot of figures. Also scour for the ROTS 3.75 line, I recall he liked those.

HEY...'tis nice to be remembered :p

yeah you recall correctly he does like the 3.75 line of figures...he doesnt really care for the 12 inch ones...but he does like the unleashed figures..my living room is testament to that! LOL

When he came home on leave back in march..he was here for a little over 2 weeks...enough time to spend a small fortune, money I had saved didn't lsat long <sigh> he went to wal,mart within an hour of being back here and spent the best part oif $500 right away...just getting stuff and putting it into the cart..and he was here still on april 1st when the new line came out too...(he left april 4th) so unfortunately that cost a great deal too...I have to try and fill in the blanks from that collection and also keep up with all the other new packs thata re coming out..I am gonna have to sit down with pad and pen and make a note of the ones he has in this one...and go off to wally world ands see what I can do

On another note...anyone here seen Darth Tater!!...I almost peed myself when I saw it..a mister potato head dressed as darth vader...tooooooo funny

talk to y'll later

Julie

bobafrett
10-05-2005, 11:43 AM
On another note...anyone here seen Darth Tater!!...I almost peed myself when I saw it..a mister potato head dressed as darth vader...tooooooo funny

My Wal-Mart has a whole endcap of these Taters. They are having a Stormtrooper Tater to go along with it, and from some of the members here, they seem to be showing up. I'm getting two or three of them.

InsaneJediGirl
10-05-2005, 07:44 PM
Welcome back :) Although I do not remember you,so Hello as well.

As what to get your husband,how about some of the latest Star Wars video games?Cant beat being a stormtrooper :D

thestarwarsman
10-05-2005, 09:00 PM
I am new but hi and tell your husband thank you from another Vet.