PDA

View Full Version : New packaged Vader from Best Buy.

Turbowars
10-05-2005, 08:04 PM
Looks cool, but I bet most of us have him already. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7284725&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat57800050004&id=1118839979702

Rocketboy
10-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Isn't that the craptastic "Falling Down the Stairs" Vader?
Looks like it, but the pic is small.

And why develop a new style of packaging for a cancelled line?

CaptainSolo1138
10-07-2005, 07:46 AM
Now Best Buy is in the exclusive game?! WTF?!

Can't wait for the Bath and Body Works Lando skiff guard:rolleyes:

Rocketboy
10-07-2005, 11:11 AM
Can't wait for the Bath and Body Works Lando skiff guard:rolleyes:I hear they're getting one of the chicks as an exclusive (either Leia, Padme, or Aayla).
:D

CaptainSolo1138
10-07-2005, 11:14 AM
I hear they're getting one of the chicks as an exclusive (either Leia, Padme, or Aayla).
:D
No, that's Bed, Bath and Beyond. Seriously. If you're gonna post here, at least know what you're talking about. n00b.

JimJamBonds
10-07-2005, 11:23 AM
That Vader is also at Wal Mart so I don't think its quite that exclusive. When I ended up buying that Vader and I wished I didn't. He seemed pretty cool but after I got it home and put together it was a big let down. Up close it looks really bad, I don't mind the 'jumping down the stairs' bit but the manner that Vader is doing it isn't very good. He does though look better from a distance.

Rocketboy
10-07-2005, 11:45 AM
No, that's Bed, Bath and Beyond. Seriously. If you're gonna post here, at least know what you're talking about. n00b.Oh please, everyone knows that Oola is the exclusive at Bed, Bath and Beyond.

That Vader is also at Wal Mart so I don't think its quite that exclusive. They'll be paying for the new packaging. That's all that's different.

JimJamBonds
10-07-2005, 11:50 AM
They'll be paying for the new packaging. That's all that's different.

Thanks RB.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-07-2005, 11:47 PM
That Vader is also at Wal Mart so I don't think its quite that exclusive. When I ended up buying that Vader and I wished I didn't. He seemed pretty cool but after I got it home and put together it was a big let down. Up close it looks really bad, I don't mind the 'jumping down the stairs' bit but the manner that Vader is doing it isn't very good. He does though look better from a distance.

My Vader isn't jumping down the stairs yet, more like dangling because I can't seem to fit the metal end into the hole on the stairs, unless I used a hammer. I guess you can call him "tipsy Vader in need of support."

Old Fossil
10-09-2005, 02:33 PM
I like this Unleashed Vader. I admit it was a bit difficult to get him positioned correctly onto the top step, but once that was done it made for a very impressive display piece.:yes:

bobafrett
10-09-2005, 07:50 PM
I haven't had any problems with my Unleashed Vader falling down the steps, but just in case he does, I don't place him where he will fall on anything fragile.

JEDIpartner
10-09-2005, 07:54 PM
Ditto!!!! I love they way they are touting this to be SO exclusive. So it's got a new package. Big whoop (as my Jewish Stepmonster from Jersey would say).

JimJamBonds
10-09-2005, 11:57 PM
My Vader isn't jumping down the stairs yet, more like dangling because I can't seem to fit the metal end into the hole on the stairs, unless I used a hammer. I guess you can call him "tipsy Vader in need of support."

I haven't had any 'keeping him on the stairs' issues but it was a worry of mine at first. It took me a bit to get him 'right' but its been a couple of weeks and he's still perched at the top of those steps.

Turbowars
10-11-2005, 12:48 AM
The description on Best Buys site says this,"The package also includes an exclusive light saber reflection decoration" What the hell is that?

JimJamBonds
10-11-2005, 01:20 AM
The description on Best Buys site says this,"The package also includes an exclusive light saber reflection decoration" What the hell is that?

Sparkles? :D

JEDIpartner
10-13-2005, 09:06 AM
I think they sprayed that metallic red paint on his cape and on the arm holding the saber. At least that's what it looks like in the picture. It's basically a "ruined" version of the original release.

sith_killer_99
10-13-2005, 12:34 PM
If they really wanted to peak collectors interest they should have released the removable helmet Vader in an exclusive Best Buy package! Has anyone seen the secondary market price on that thing! OMG!:eek:

Besides, I always love it when some idiots pay way too much for something and then Hasbro re-releases it. LOL Toooooo funny!:D

DravenUnleashed
10-14-2005, 02:01 AM
Im curious as to why Best Buy is promoting the packaging as this being Vader from Ep3? (thats the stuck up fandom in me talking people)

Slicker
10-14-2005, 03:18 AM
Im curious as to why Best Buy is promoting the packaging as this being Vader from Ep3? (thats the stuck up fandom in me talking people)I would assume they're doing it as a tie-in to the Ep. III release. Pretty pathetic but what do you expect.

JEDIpartner
11-01-2005, 08:49 AM
I was right... it's that red reflecty metallic paint again!!!

JawaJoe
11-01-2005, 06:09 PM
Im glad I didnt pick up the regular vader. I like the best buy version a lot better.

TheDarthVader
11-01-2005, 08:48 PM
I have considered getting this figure. I don't mind the metallic paint. But why would I need two versions of the same figure? I did end up taking back my Target lava figures because after tax they were $28. NOT WORTH IT! But this exclusive package is not bad at all. Futhermore, this is probably the truely last unleashed 7" figure to be made...and limited too!

B.
TDV

Turbowars
11-06-2005, 11:21 PM
So guys who picked up this beauty? Man it's easily one of my favorites in my collection. I like the package, it's Huge package. I like the paint app and I like the price. Good Job Hasbro and Best Buy!!

JimJamBonds
11-06-2005, 11:26 PM
I saw the BB Vader and it looks pretty darn similar to the 'regular' version that I picked up at Wal Mart. The main difference seems to be that it is already put together as Turbowars said.

Turbowars
11-06-2005, 11:28 PM
that and the huge package. I'm sucker for well thought out packaging. Hell the package looks better that what's in it. LOL:grin:

Turbowars
11-06-2005, 11:49 PM
Oh and I'd like to publicly thank Bluesnags for scoring me one of these!!!! Thanks bro!!:thumbsup:

JawaJoe
11-07-2005, 12:00 AM
Hell the package looks better that what's in it.

EXACTLY. I wasnt real impressed with the reg vader. One look at the best buy version and I had to have it. Hopefully hasbro will do more well thought out and presented exclusives like this. Yah I know, prolly not.

TheDarthVader
11-07-2005, 07:50 PM
When I get paid again, I am buying one of these. The package is perfect.

B.
TDV

jedi master sal
11-08-2005, 10:13 AM
Well, I own three of this fig now. Two regular release (1 carded/1 open), and the Best Buy one. The Best Buy one is by far, better than the regular release. I happen to like the reflection on it. NOT just the saber reflection, but that nice blue tinge on the torso. (Anyone else notcie that? It's different from figure to figure) Anyway, this exclusive is cool, not only because of the packaging, which is STELLAR, imho, but that the figure is already posed. NO falling over for him!

Since I picked him up for the same exact price as the previous ones it's even better. But to make this sweeter, I was able to purchase the BB Litho with the fig, without having to by the DVD of Battlefront II! For just one CENT! In fact I asked if I could get two and they said yes! So I walked out of BB with the exclusive Vader and two lithos for $16.06. A GREAT deal, imo.

-Sal

Turbowars
11-08-2005, 07:08 PM
Well, I own three of this fig now. Two regular release (1 carded/1 open), and the Best Buy one. The Best Buy one is by far, better than the regular release. I happen to like the reflection on it. NOT just the saber reflection, but that nice blue tinge on the torso. (Anyone else notcie that? It's different from figure to figure) Anyway, this exclusive is cool, not only because of the packaging, which is STELLAR, imho, but that the figure is already posed. NO falling over for him!

Since I picked him up for the same exact price as the previous ones it's even better. But to make this sweeter, I was able to purchase the BB Litho with the fig, without having to by the DVD of Battlefront II! For just one CENT! In fact I asked if I could get two and they said yes! So I walked out of BB with the exclusive Vader and two lithos for $16.06. A GREAT deal, imo.

-SalHey Sal, want to sell me that extra Litho?:thumbsup:

trandoshan666
11-08-2005, 07:38 PM
Im glad I didnt pick up the regular vader. I like the best buy version a lot better.
I agree completely. I'm not an Unleashed collector at all, but I've decided to make an exception on this one because it will display so nicely.

jedi master sal
11-09-2005, 10:34 AM
Hey Sal, want to sell me that extra Litho?:thumbsup:

Already been asked for.

Turbowars
11-09-2005, 09:59 PM
Already been asked for.That's cool. I was just they tonight and they have 100's of them for .01 each. The funny thing is the cashier was really nice and just gave them to me. Wow, I saved .02! lol

BlueSnags
11-09-2005, 11:51 PM
Oh and I'd like to publicly thank Bluesnags for scoring me one of these!!!! Thanks bro!!:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Right on dude, glad to help you out. I've got an extra Grey Clone Evo pack here for you too!

BlueSnags
11-09-2005, 11:54 PM
That's cool. I was just they tonight and they have 100's of them for .01 each. The funny thing is the cashier was really nice and just gave them to me. Wow, I saved .02! lol

Turbo, which Best Buy did you go to? I wanna grab one of those.

BountyHunterScum
11-17-2005, 01:36 AM
I have the normal version of this Vader, like that guy said its just a different package.

Turbowars
11-17-2005, 06:57 PM
and added paint applications.

BountyHunterScum
11-20-2005, 01:33 AM

The description said something about a red glow.

TheDarthVader
11-22-2005, 10:29 PM
I Love Mine!

BountyHunterScum
12-17-2005, 02:01 PM

I don't give a rat's *** about some metallic red paint accents for saber glow.

Turbowars
12-17-2005, 03:49 PM
I don't give a rat's *** about some metallic red paint accents for saber glow.Good for you.

timmae
12-17-2005, 11:01 PM
what about the metalic blue on it...do you like that? got my xmas vader today. i like it a lot. wish they would have put the sticker on the bubble a little bit straighter. glad i got a bbuy unleashed vader too.:alien:

TheDarthVader
12-19-2005, 02:36 PM
Let us look at this logically.

As far as majority is concerned, if I held a vote most would agree that the best buy package is far SUPERIOR to the regular unleashed package. The best buy package is 1. unique and 2. gives a 360 degree view of the figure and 3. has a cool imperial insignia on the top. So as far as packaging, the BB Vader wins.

As far as majority is conerned, if I held a vote most would agree that the paint application on the BB vader is superior. The regular version isn't bad but the plain black paint isn't as impressive as the metallic blues and reds which soak the BB Vader. The paint application is NOT just a glowing blade; it is blue and red metallics on vader which make him unique. So as far as paint goes, the BB Vader wins.

As far as exclusive is concerned, MUCH less BB vaders were made compared to the regular one. In addition, this is the first EVER unleashed exclusive figure. Therefore, we must give the limited/more collectible issue to the BB Vader. BB Vader wins again.

Pose-same
Articulation-same
Accessories-same

CLEAR WINNER: BB VADER

B.
TDV

Fwad
12-22-2005, 07:15 PM
I used the Mcdonalds best buy bucks to pick up 3 of these. Saved $45.

DarkArtist
12-23-2005, 11:49 AM
I saw these awhile ago and passed. I already own the first unleashed Vader and that's good enough for me. Since I'm not a big unleashed collector, I only picked up the ROTJ Luke, 1st release Vader, and the ROTJ Leia, and the AOTC padme with perky nipples.

The figure looks good in the package but it's too big and bulky for display. I'll pass.

ecl
01-17-2006, 07:48 PM
I like the packaging, but it's a bit bulky