PDA

View Full Version : which of the final 12 will be peg warmers?

star gazer
10-06-2005, 03:40 PM
And I guess I should ask which ones will be hard to find?

BoPs
10-06-2005, 04:28 PM
get what you want.. leave the others for collectors :)

El Chuxter
10-06-2005, 04:47 PM
Hasbro seems to have learned much from the first wave, packing Gree and Bly heavily and having limited numbers of Neo Commander and Wookiee Herman. Hopefully this trend will continue and we'll never see pegwarmers again.

I somehow doubt it, though

DarthBrandon
10-06-2005, 05:04 PM
Probably none here as we will most likely never see them.:sad:

trandoshan666
10-06-2005, 07:07 PM
From what we've seen in previous lines, I'd have to say the final 12 won't warm the pegs in most places. There will be relatively few available, and collectors and scalpers are salivating over them. But don't forget that Hasbro also is now shipping out entire cases of Vader figures with these waves and he's included in some of the assortments. I'd say that means ol' Darth is a lock to become a pegwarmer.

Slicker
10-06-2005, 07:20 PM
I'm gonna have to say that none will really warm the pegs. Like the man above me said it's been quite tough to find the trailing end of figures for years now so I don't see why this should be any different.

Turbowars
10-06-2005, 08:07 PM
I think Bly will warm the pegs, The Niemoidian Commander will be the hot item. Then again Gree will warm as well and the Body Guard will be tuff to find.;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-06-2005, 08:24 PM
If everything is shipped well, and we're all able to find them (unlike previous lines), I think it'll go like this:
Commander Bly (Battle Gear!) - rare
Wookiee Commando (Kashyyyk Battle Bash!) - easy
Commander Gree (Battle Gear!) - rare
Grievous’ Bodyguard (Battle Attack!) - easy
Passel Argente (Separatist Leader) - easy
Cat Miin (Separatist) - easy
Neimoidian Officer (Separatist Officer) - easy as hell!
R4-P17 (Rolling Action!) - somewhat easy
Tactical Ops Trooper (Vader’s Legion!) - rare
Plo Koon (Jedi Hologram Transmission!) - somewhat easy
Aayla Secura (Jedi Hologram Transmission!) - somewhat easy
Wookiee Heavy Gunner (Blast Attack!) - easy

Usually the clones are hard to find, and background characters are easy, but we all know what happened with the Tarkin wave.

Blue2th
10-06-2005, 09:34 PM
Watch Hasbro cancel the line after a short run only to have the figures reappear later in the new Saga line.

tagmac
10-06-2005, 09:34 PM
The funny thing is, Gree and Bly are single characters, so you'd think army builders wouldn't be as quick to buy these up. The blue clone could be a big problem, so I'm glad I got the K-Mart battle pack.

Turbowars
10-06-2005, 10:08 PM
Watch Hasbro cancel the line after a short run only to have the figures reappear later in the new Saga line.That would never happen.:laugh:

BlueSnags
10-06-2005, 10:08 PM
Gree, Bly, the Hologram Jedi, and the Tactical Ops Trooper will be scarce. The Neimoidian Commander and Chocolate Wookiee will be warming the pegs.

decadentdave
10-07-2005, 01:44 AM
When I was at Walmart the other day, I bought every Gree and Bly they had. That means I left Neimodian Guard and the Celtic Wookie warming the pegs. I'm an army builder so troops are a no brainer. I buy every one I can find.

Turbowars
10-07-2005, 02:02 AM
When I was at Walmart the other day, I bought every Gree and Bly they had. That means I left Neimodian Guard and the Celtic Wookie warming the pegs. I'm an army builder so troops are a no brainer. I buy every one I can find.The only thing is those 2 figures aren't really army builders, but what ever floats your boat.

figrin bran
10-07-2005, 02:52 AM
the tactical ops troopers are going to be 3 per case so they shouldn't be too scarce. of course, that just means that people are going to buy more thus causing them to be scarce.

i'm going to army build Bly as well (assuming that i'll ever find even one!) and customize the extra ones into bly's grunts. all i have to do is remove the binoculars, trim the pegs on the sides of the head, paint over the yellow on the upper legs, add some weathering.

decadentdave
10-07-2005, 03:14 AM
I need more Bly's to recreate the execution of Aayla Secura on Felucia. I want all of them surrounding her, rifles poised. Booyah!!!

I absolutely love the Kashyyyk Clones. I love the emerald visor and the camo ops is tight. Too bad the paint deco on the helmet is off but they can always be customized if needed. I hope they do a repaint of the Biker Scout in camo so I can build a few squads of them as well. I don't have the time to customize. Too busy working two jobs just to pay for all of this stuff.

Jango Speck
10-07-2005, 03:27 AM
When I was at Walmart the other day, I bought every Gree and Bly they had. That means I left Neimodian Guard and the Celtic Wookie warming the pegs. I'm an army builder so troops are a no brainer. I buy every one I can find.

Damn, that's two forum trolls I've found this week. Hey moderator's, how about deleting these posts instead of Turbo's witty sarcastic responses? I'm no sucker for this kind of baiting, but why should I have to read through these kinds of idiotic comments?

Jango Speck
10-07-2005, 03:28 AM
The only thing is those 2 figures aren't really army builders, but what ever floats your boat.

Better watch out there Turbo- you might get deleted by Da Man. Sorry, I'll PM from now on.

Captain Spoon
10-07-2005, 08:18 AM
I'm worried about the spec ops trooper warming (after jack as*es switch out the figure). I'm sick of playing teh hunting game. I'm just going to order a case from EE or something.

Kidhuman
10-07-2005, 08:46 AM
Hey moderator's, how about deleting these posts instead of Turbo's witty sarcastic responses?

If I did that he would have 3 posts total.....

jedi master sal
10-07-2005, 10:28 AM
Okay fellas, lets keep it calm around here.

speck2001, instead of posting the remark back publically do it in a PM. ou're remark back was worse because you allow the alledged baiting to affect you to post.

I army build to. I don't usually get the chance to buy whole cases of those figs, nor would I most likely, but once in awhile people brag about what they get. It doesn't mean they are automatically scalpers, or even hoarders.

Heck decadentdave and I have posted our ROTS clones totals before. Not much of a problem there. I know IIRC, that we each have a few hundred apiece. Doesn't mean it's wrong to let people know about it.

Now, to play devil's advocate as well, dave, I suggested to another forumite as well that instead of posting you found full cases or lots of multiples for a fig, to just post you found them and leave out the how many.

I know people tend to get jealous of others who find the newest hottest stuff. Even more so when the post that they found many of them.

Shot, I'm jealous. I haven't found one of the new figs 57 on up. But I'm fairly certain that I'll be able to find these some time down the road. Just might later rather than sooner. (Unless of course anyone can hook me up)

So again, I ask for civility here fellas.
-Sal

Jango Speck
10-07-2005, 10:45 AM
Sorry for stirring things up fellas. Look, army building is fine (I'm starting to do it now with the original white clones- now that they aren't hard to get). Bragging about taking everything in one swoop is just rude- especially since we all work together to help share the fun. I'm not jealous, it's just that I thought this was kind of a tight community. If you read the posts I responded to, they both made claims that fly in the face of what tweaks us all.

Here's my usual "code of ethics" when it comes to hunting: if I spot new figures, and there's multiples on the pegs, in the case, etc., then I buy what I need, always leaving at least one or two on the pegs, and stashing a couple more if available. Then I post this info on SSG: that way, I win, other collector's win, and hopefully, some random kid finds some on the pegs. This is exactly what I did the other day when I had a whole case of Lava exclusives in my hands.

Let's hope we all have the luxury of army building- and that we don't do it at the expense of others who might resort to inflated eBay auctions.

jedi master sal
10-07-2005, 01:07 PM
Ah, see, stashing figs can't get a rise out of people too though. We're a funny (read: ODD) bunch.

Some people will chastise you for stashing. Others for buying whole cases. Still others for opening cases on pallets or using DCPI's.

Also be careful of saying you only pick up what you "need." You may want only 10 of a certain fig, but some would say that's greedy or too much. Heck you might ony want 2-3 of a fig and still others will complain about it.

I don't think there's any wholly right or wrong way to post (or collect for that matter). Just realize that these sensitivities are around.

I reiterate that *probably* the safest way to post about finding new figs is just that you found them and where. Nevermind about the quantity as some will automatcially label you a scalper/hoarder, etc.

Okay so now let's get back on topic folks.

I personally don't see any of these peg warming if the "Last wave in a toy line" rule is true in this case. On the contrary, I think for some of us (me included since I haven't found any of these yet), it will be danged near impossible to find them all at retail. I know that most of my fellow collectors from my local club have found some if not all of these figs. I hope the collecting community at large shares in their finds, but I know it's times like these when some (and I'm not saying anyone in particular, just making a statement here) get overly excited and think it's every collector for himself.

And by sharing I mean not just posting finds, but if you buy multiples trade or sell at COST to your fellow collector.

decadentdave
10-07-2005, 01:16 PM
Look, army building is fine (I'm starting to do it now with the original white clones- now that they aren't hard to get). Bragging about taking everything in one swoop is just rude- especially since we all work together to help share the fun. I'm not jealous, it's just that I thought this was kind of a tight community
Okay, first of all, I was never trying to "bait" or to make anyone jealous. I merely stated WHY I decided to build an army of Gree clones when he's the only one seen on Kashyyyk. Speck decided to make things personal because he is jealous I bought every clone in sight. Well guess what? It is my money and I have that right. Is it fair? Well, maybe not but considering my Walmart never gets in new stuff very often, I took advantage of the opportunity. I can tell you right now that if I hadn't been there, the next guy would have done the SAME THING. I got mine so you can all relax. When Walmart restocks them, I'm good. I think everyone needs to just RELAX and CALM DOWN.

Let's take a look at Dave's Golden Rules of Collecting:

1. BUY IT WHEN YOU SEE IT (I certainly did :)).
2. ONE TO OPEN, ONE TO KEEP (OK so I bought like 12 to open, 1 to keep).
3. LEAVE SOME FOR THE KIDS (With the exception of Gree, I left one or 2 Bly's and about a dozen Neimoidian Guards and Wookies so technically I was in compliance with my own rule):twisted:.

JawaJoe
10-07-2005, 02:03 PM
I can tell you right now that if I hadn't been there, the next guy would have done the SAME THING.

No, if id been the next guy I wouldnt have.

3. LEAVE SOME FOR THE KIDS

If memory serves were'nt you the guy that found a case of the first target lava vader before the release date, bought em all, and sold em on ebay with a starting bid of more than you paid? You broke rule no.3 Dave :razz:

decadentdave
10-07-2005, 02:07 PM
If memory serves were'nt you the guy that found a case of the first target lava vader before the release date, bought em all, and sold em on ebay with a starting bid of more than you paid? You broke rule no.3 Dave :razz:

Your memory is in error. I only have 1 Lava Vader and had to wait at Target at 5 am to get one and the card is bent. That wasn't me. I'm not a Scalper so be glad.

As for breaking rule #3, I already said with the exception of Gree, I left some for the kids so technically (with the exception of Gree) I was in compliance. I make no apologies about Gree though because he is too darn cool to leave on the pegs! :whip:

Slicker
10-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Last I checked figures on the pegs were free game. He army builds and therefore bought all of them. That's that. Why is all of the blame laid at the feet of Dave? If I'm not mistaken (and I know I'm not) Tycho is possibly the worst army builder of them all (JMS may be right with him) yet no one is saying a word about them. I collect one of every figure so I've taken about 400 figures away from people but you don't complain because it's only one of each. Is it worse to get 400 different figures rather than 400 of the same? It's all the same to me. He's a collector just like you and me. I say just leave it be and move on. But then again that's just me.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-07-2005, 06:01 PM
I need more Bly's to recreate the execution of Aayla Secura on Felucia. I want all of them surrounding her, rifles poised. Booyah!!!

I absolutely love the Kashyyyk Clones. I love the emerald visor and the camo ops is tight. Too bad the paint deco on the helmet is off but they can always be customized if needed. I hope they do a repaint of the Biker Scout in camo so I can build a few squads of them as well. I don't have the time to customize. Too busy working two jobs just to pay for all of this stuff.
Take a look-see at the thread in the Reviews section called "A look at ROTS figures #57-63" to see why that isn't correct, as I've gone over it enough and don't want to anymore . . .

Luuuuuuke
10-07-2005, 07:39 PM
It’s one thing to discuss things like scalping or stashing or whatever, it’s another thing to get all *****y and catty and passive aggressive about it and to all but accuse someone of being a scalper. Yeah, yeah, yeah, your arm pits smell better than everybody else’s.
I don’t know what it is about SW collectors and cannibalizing each other. It reminds me about that fake story in “The Onion” about the dude who makes all these macho poses and statements when he plays ping-pong. Exhibit A:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/27978

I’ve learned that it’s just not a good idea to ever mention how many of a certain figure you got because someone is bound to take a holier than thou attitude. And God forbid you have less than 106,167 posts, because then if you’re lucky you’ll just be ignored, if you’re not, you’ll get a faux macho pounding by people who think their testosterone level goes up each time they use the word “bro.” Screw that. If I wanted that I’d go to a Star Trek convention and pick a fight with one of the Klingons.
A while back I tried to make an honest point about collecting, including scalping and stashing and next thing I knew I was being reamed by the Holy Fraternal Order of Stashers(and yes, I can tell the difference between being goodnaturedly teased or kidded and passive aggression). I like this forum, but I’ll never ever ask anyone here to stash something for me after that; I’d feel like a chump to be quite honest. But if I can stash one or two items(never more) for people, I have no problem doing that (and in fact stashed two things last night at a local Target).

Turbowars
10-07-2005, 07:54 PM
If I did that he would have 3 posts total.....U ain't kidding.:twisted: Hey someone has to break up the geekness around here every now and then.:laugh:

mikey1974
10-07-2005, 09:39 PM
well,they hit wal-mart here.......found 1 bly and 1 neimodian officer....no others.....left both because,truthfully,my custom bly looks better than that and the shade of yellow actually fits in with the evolutions trooper,unlike the hasbro version......and i could care less about the neimodian....

jedi master sal
10-08-2005, 10:39 PM
If I'm not mistaken (and I know I'm not) Tycho is possibly the worst army builder of them all (JMS may be right with him) yet no one is saying a word about them.

Okay let's not let this get out of hand.

As for Tycho, I can't speak for him.

For me though, I don't buy up every army build I see when I see them. I buy them over time. Though there are the rare exceptions when I did get alot at once. But those were all toy release dates tying in with the movies. Even then, I never took all of the army builders. I've passed on many a clone this time around as well as the 3-packs. And I can say that in the past I've been guilty of posting numbers of what I've found or own. But I've been hounded over that, so what I was trying to do was save everyone else the hassle.

Also, if I were to buy up every army builder on the pegs, and someone to see me with an armful of figs, you can best believe that I'm not buying just for myself. I belong to two collecting groups and we help each other all the time. Besides, I can't recall the many number of times that I've given up a figure, in hand, to a kid that wanted it or the times I help parents or other adults buying for kids find stuff or assist them in purchasing. Certainly Dave has the right to buy what he wants, we all do. But in closing, I'll reiterate, to save being hassled by others, it's probably best to not say how many you got, just that you found them.

Now please, back on topic.

-Sal

Mandalorian Candidat
10-09-2005, 12:54 AM
...I'll reiterate, to save being hassled by others, it's probably best to not say how many you got, just that you found them.

Unless you're bragging about all the Neimoidian Warriors and Lott Dodds you've picked up at KB Toy Liquidators--then by all means let your freak flag fly.

Blue2th
10-09-2005, 07:33 AM
During my Saturday morning hunt, I managed to find a few of the new 12. Mostly damaged cards, but I'm a loose collector also. Swinging by other stores later that afternoon, after everything is pretty much picked clean, I noticed quite a few Wookie Commandos. He will probably be the peg warmer of the bunch.

abell748
10-09-2005, 10:48 AM
I have seen about 6 cases of the Collection 1 wave put out and the only peg warmer is the Vaders (now there are 100's of them) and the R2 that come in that case. Everything else flys as soon as it touches a peg. Be very careful at Walmart however, something strange is happening there. They were getting out a case of C1 and the nice lady helped me get the figures I needed (all but Gree, Bly, and Neo Commander). When I went to check them out the Wookie rang up the the correct 4.77. The other 3 figures I was getting out of the wave rang up at 5.88 and had a do not sell message with them. The checkout lady changed the price to 4.77 and let me have them, but WTF? Is there a Walmart thing where the last 12 are to be held until the DVD release or something?

Jango Speck
10-10-2005, 02:16 AM
For me though, I don't buy up every army build I see when I see them. I buy them over time. Though there are the rare exceptions when I did get alot at once. But those were all toy release dates tying in with the movies. Even then, I never took all of the army builders.
-Sal

Thank you...and I apologize for igniting a flame-war. Back to the fun!

mikey1974
10-15-2005, 03:11 PM
found bly,gree,and neimodian at hazleton,pa. wal-mart yesterday...no sign of the others.....wish i could find the wookies already.....

BlueSnags
10-15-2005, 05:42 PM
Neimoidian Commander and Chocolate Thunder Wookiee are already peg warming around here. Still only seen the Tactical Ops Troopers twice, and the Separatists and Grevious White Bodyguard once.