PDA

View Full Version : WOW! I got my Ultra X-Wing tonight!

Warstar
10-06-2005, 09:12 PM
And it's AWESOME! And for all you die-hard Galoob people out there, it has the Galoob name and logo on the bottom of the box!!!

Several pictures to follow in my next post- I am DEFINITELY into collecting these guys! :D

bobafrett
10-06-2005, 09:27 PM
And it's AWESOME! And for all you die-hard Galoob people out there, it has the Galoob name and logo on the bottom of the box!!!

Several pictures to follow in my next post- I am DEFINITELY into collecting these guys! :D

Which retail outlet did you find it at Warstar? I like the look of this one, and would love to get my hands on one.

JediTricks
10-06-2005, 09:47 PM
I think he ordered it from the WM website.

I better hear more about the actual toy and not just some sealed up box WS, or your membership card is REVOKED! :p

Darth Michael
10-06-2005, 10:29 PM
Wal-Mart just emailed me saying that my Ultra X-Wing and Ultra Gunship have been shipped!

"Will arrive between Wednesday, 10/12/05, and Tuesday, 10/18/05"

Warstar
10-06-2005, 10:37 PM
I got it from Wal-Mart.com- big 'ol box, too (I'll use it to ship Spawn figures later ;)) They said I would get it between 10/11 and 10/18, too, but I got it NOW :D

Editing the pics as I type this- I opened the sucker and fully geeked out- it's displayed prominently by my old AF Virago...the Virago...now THERE'S a Titanium begging to be made...:D

Next post = pics- PROMISE :D

Warstar
10-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Post 1 with some pics- more on the way!

(Standard SirSteve's Size)

Warstar
10-06-2005, 11:01 PM
Post 2- more pics- I'll post more info on the ship itself in a bit.

Warstar
10-06-2005, 11:09 PM
Post 3- last one with pics

Warstar
10-06-2005, 11:15 PM
Ok- description time :)

-The open cockpit SCREAMS for a Pilot Luke...makes me sad he's not there.

-The R2-D2 is tough plastic and non-removable (I tried ;))

-The canopy, landing gear and the intake vents on the ship itself = PLASTIC like the old AF plastic.

-Front of nose and back engine "tubes" behind the intakes = RUBBER! Weird, eh?

-Laser cannons on the wings = rubberized plastic- not quite as breakable as old AF cannons, but not as bendable as the back engine thrusters.

-Wings and main body ALL METAL baby! :D

-The pics wash out the paint scheme- it's actually QUITE a bit "duller-" it's darker in real ife and looks more "space worn."

-The Titanium logo is on the bottom and is metal and molded into the bottom.

-The bottom has HASBRO LFL 2005- Galoob is only on the box :(

-The stand is shiny plastic and the lack of a place to stand figures makes me all nostalgic and sad that there is no pilot for this thing :(

-It's got some heft to it- the stand and the ship together weigh in at 9 ounces (a little over 1/2 a pound- I have a postal scale). That 250 grams for all you metric people out there (.250 kg's)

Overall, though, I am REALLY happy with it- having sold all but 2 ships of my Action Fleet, I feel like I have upgraded to some kind of premium model :)

I have larger pics of all of the above, so JT, if you want some somewhere or have any requests for a feature or anything, let me know :)

I am STOKED for the Republic Gunship now :)

JediGoofy
10-07-2005, 03:26 AM
Thank you, WS, for your enthusiastic report and pictures of the Titanium Ultra X-Wing (I am waiting those Ultra too from Action-HQ :) ).

The packaging is really awesome :pleased: (and I am not usually interested in the packaging since I am an opener).

The only bad point is it is the same old AF X-Wing (even with the shorter lower thruster). :( And the same for the Republic Gunship.

Maybe a new vehicle … (instead of those "controverted" Transformers :tired: ).

Ciao,
JediGoofy

Warstar
10-07-2005, 03:40 AM
Heh- the packaging was a pain in the behind to get into, let me tell ya...the clear bubble is GLUED to the bottom of the package- that's right- GLUED. I was able to rip it apart but forget trying to save the packaging in any kind of "MINT" shape...

*Stares at his X-Wing*

Maybe it's just me, but I actually like it better than the old AF's. A new vehicle will be nice, though, agreed...I'm still hoping for the Death Star or a Star Destroyer.

Wouldn't it be cool if Hasbro put out METAL AF mini-figs to go with this line? I think that'd be great *HINT HINT* :love:

Slicker
10-07-2005, 06:01 AM
I don't usually collect micros but these actually look really good. I would only get them because of how they're packaged and since I'm an obvious MOC person I won't open these up *dodges rotten vegetables* but will display them (until they get packed up and put in my storage shed that is ;)).

Nice write up BTW WS.:thumbsup:

SWAFMAN
10-07-2005, 11:51 AM
okay, you got me. I ordered from wmonline. I'm not going to lay out $100 for an opener + MIB x-wing & repgunner. Will get one of each & decide if I want another. Not happy about that badge they stuck on the ships.

JediTricks
10-07-2005, 02:45 PM
Like Swaffy, I ain't thrilled with the silly painted badge on the bottom, that is just rude and detracts from the toy's authenticity. It's like Hasbro has something to prove I guess.

Anyway, good info on those WS, and if you mail me pics I'll put up a news article with 'em. The rubberized parts is because of new safety regs, I think, and Hasbro's cowardace about being sued by families of children dumb enough to poke their eyes out with toys.

Warstar
10-07-2005, 05:33 PM
The package is cool I have to admit- it was a little larger than I thought it'd be, but I HAD to open this thing...you'll like it- the blue bio on the back looks cool :)

Interesting on the safety regs, JT. I never looked at the materials change that way.

Otherwise, I'll e-mail you the big, unedited pics when I get home from work in a few hours :)

Glad you guys like- I know I do- maybe because I miss my old AF so much...but also because I think it's like AF reborn. The badge gives the whole thing a sort of nifty look, but I do admit- it IS rather cheesy- takes way the "toyness" of it. Weird.

sith_killer_99
10-07-2005, 07:54 PM
Yeah, I found these at 2 of my local Wal-Marts tonight. They had the X-Wing and the Republic Gunship. I might break down and buy 'em. They do look very good!

Warstar
10-07-2005, 08:32 PM
Sweet! I never owned the Republic Gunship in AF form, so a metal one will be twice as cool for me. I did own the big Lego version from 3 years ago, and it ROCKED...sold it...:(

JediTricks
10-08-2005, 02:59 AM
Dude, how could you sell the Lego Rep Gunship? That's a good set, very old-school Lego design! I don't have many prequel Lego sets on display, but that is one of 'em (I have the Geonosian Fighter attacking it and that set's cannon firing at it).

Haven't gotten that email WS, hopefully it didn't get lost.

SWAFMAN
10-10-2005, 04:28 PM
wow is right, at least with regards to fast shipping. my x-wing & repgunner were waiting on my doorstep this afternoon.

unless anyone can come up with a really convincing reason why I should open these when I already have many open plastic x-wings, and one open plastic repgunner, I think I'll leave these in their packaging.

Gunship's seams where the fuselage clamshells together along the midline look better/tighter than the plastic version. that is a good thing, since it was a real complaint of mine about the plastic one.

sith_killer_99
10-10-2005, 06:19 PM
Well at $20.00 each I will pass on these, but they look great.

Darth Michael
10-10-2005, 10:57 PM
Could somebody post comparison shots against the Action Fleet versions?

JediGoofy
10-11-2005, 03:59 AM
unless anyone can come up with a really convincing reason why I should open these when I already have many open plastic x-wings, and one open plastic repgunner, I think I'll leave these in their packaging.
I completely agree with swaffy. :yes:
I am not a moc person, but with these I will make an exception. :D
Actually the only reason I am buying these is for the packaging! :squareeye
Eh, eh, ehm...

Ciao,
JediGoofy

P.S. In the Titanium Series they already rehashed almost all the OT Die-Cast vehicles (10 on 13). If they continue the line we can reasonably expect to see almost all new vehicles from now on (even if they started to rehash the E1 vehicles in the last wave :sad: ). I hope they do not want to maintain the same pattern with this Titanium Ultra line because there were 22 OT vehicles! :nerv: Packaging or not it would be too much even for me. :rolleyes:

LTBasker
10-11-2005, 10:03 AM
Hopefully they'll handle this a bit better, there is at least some evidence they're doing that by releasing the Gunship first. I'm hoping they'll release the canceled Jedi Starfighter AF that showed up at one convention.

Would love it though if they were to release some of the cooler AF that were slightly harder to get like the TIE Defender, heck it would be great if all the TIEs were done this way.

As for the smaller Titaniums, don't forget that even if they run out of OT ships to do- they love to do repaints. X-wings, Y-Wings and Jedi Starfighters have alot of potential. Wouldn't mind them doing a Rogue II version of the Snowspeeder and the Green A-wing though.

Warstar
10-12-2005, 05:24 PM
You didn't lose that e-mail, JT- I worked 32 out of 48 hours this weekend, and Monday I was nigh dead to the world (bad day at work) and yesterday I worked a Motley Crue concert. Tonight, however, I am free- SO when I get home I WILL e-mail you those pics. Oh yes- I WILL e-mail them. Sorry about the wait...

...oddly enough, I haven't received my Rep Gunship yet. Poo.

JediGoofy
10-13-2005, 04:31 AM
Yesterday I received the Ultra X-Wing and Republic Gunship! :D
The packaging is really fantastic! :yes:
As I told you in my previous post I already was thinking the Titanium Ultra packaging was very good, but when you see it in person is truly amazing! :crazed:
Even these rehashed AF vehicles acquire a new cool look inside this packaging. :pleased:
If you have still to decide if buying these or not I suggest you give them a look in person and you will find them very very nice. :cool:
(Am I over enthusiastic here? :classic: )

Ciao,
JediGoofy

Warstar
10-13-2005, 03:18 PM
Got my Gunship Today- YAY!

And for never having it in any form (I never had the AF one), I do sincerely dig it :)

I noticed that no figures made them able to chinz (SP) on the cockpit a bit- i.e. there's no way a second mini-clone pilot could fit in the back seat- but oh well. I was a little disappointed in that the wings were plastic- but the rest of the ship I am totally stoked about :D It's hefty and it just looks awesome next to the X-Wing and Virago! :D

C'MON HASBRO! Get 'em out of Wally-World and into the rest of the stores and let's have a toy line! :D

SHOPPING MAUL
10-13-2005, 05:07 PM
I received the ultra die cast Republic gunship,
and the x-wing fighter today at about 2 p.m..
I ordered the ultra's on Sunday!
The x-wing fighter is o.k., it looks just like a
standard action fleet ship, but the republic gunship
is a real keeper!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know there are alot of collectors who don't think
that much of the micro line, but you can't go wrong
having an ultra republic gunship or two!
Also, a big THANKS to all of you who put out the
info about the ultra die casts and titanium series!

RobertDD
10-18-2005, 12:11 PM
I noticed a couple of you guys out there made some predictions about upcoming ultra's. What's the source? Even if it's just rumors I'd love to know where the info comes from. I did a quick search on Sir Steve's but couldn't find anything, and googling Titanium Ultra just gives me tons of links to Remmington shavers lol.

On another note, anyone detect any hint to the brand name "Action Fleet" anywhere on the packaging or the ships?

Jangu Fett
10-18-2005, 12:47 PM
Over at RS.com they have a complete list of 2006s SW Saga collection. They list 6 Titanium Ultra Ships. They are:

ARC-170
Droid Tri-Fighter
Slave-1
Millennium Falcon
AT-AT
Snowspeeder

Can't say I'm very pleased.:( Only 2 new ships? On a good note, though, Hasbro got the licenses for both STARGATE and BATTLESTAR GALACTICA. And will be doing Titanium ships for both series. Check out the entire list there -- http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Hasbro’s_Plans_For_2006_95310.asp

RobertDD
10-25-2005, 09:50 AM
Thanx Jangu. I also saw the pictures of the 2006 wave of Ultra Die Casts. I am very excited! (And to everyone mourning the disappearance of the stands and getting display cases instead: U nuts? that's an awesome change! I have every action fleet ever made in my collection, with stands, but I really don't mind them upgrading the stand to a full fledged beautifull display case with stand inside. Now, if they only would acknowledge somewhere on the box that these ultra's are, in fact, Action Fleets... Oh yeah, and bring back the mini figs!!!)

Warstar
10-25-2005, 05:34 PM
Well, the cases explain how the Rep Gunship and X-Wing are packaged- I am sure the cases will be molded to fit that packaging. Makes me wonder if they'll release new paint jobs of the Gunship and X-Wing with cases as repaints- and so would begin what AF did- making variants...

At $20 a pop, that's going to get expensive. I will keep up this time.

But then that makes me feel bad for opening my X-Wing and Gunship in the first place :(