PDA

View Full Version : All new Galactic Heroes.

Kidhuman
10-06-2005, 09:51 PM
Pics of 8 new figs, the only one that wont load is Cody.

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.news/newsID.C0AB1D05-D56F-E112-4A3ABCE5143DFE1D/default.cfm

JediTricks
10-06-2005, 10:00 PM
Yeah, I figured out how to get that Cody pic to load and put it in the SSG news story I put up, it's just an orange version of the blue clone: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news?m=show&id=31844

Honestly, I think these all suck, a total repack wave?!? C'mon! half repaints and half non-repainted repacks, that is super lame. These are not especially complicated little guys, without GOOD vehicles there's even less new to focus on.

Rocketboy
10-06-2005, 10:22 PM
Honestly, I think these all suck, a total repack wave?!? C'mon! half repaints and half non-repainted repacks, that is super lame.Come on...it's Hasbro, what did you expect?

2-1B
10-07-2005, 12:16 AM
Agreed on all points JT . . . but I'll still probably get them. :D

Thanks for fixing that Cody pic and posting it. :)

Kidhuman
10-07-2005, 07:40 AM
Yes thanks for fixing Cody, I will get them, these are too cute.

JediTricks
10-07-2005, 02:36 PM
Come on...it's Hasbro, what did you expect?
Up until now, revisits in this line have always had something different, a different weapon, a different pose, SOMETHING. Plus, they still haven't even mined all of the original Playskool line's figures, there's a bunch that haven't been put into the G.Heroes line that could have been, I suppose they're trying to milk this ROTS thing as long as they can but this is NOT the way to do it. Hell, at least take the saber out of Holo-Emp's hand.

Sure thing Caes.

El Chuxter
10-07-2005, 04:36 PM
KH, I think you were being dishonest when you called this "All New" Galactic Heroes. I am not impressed, and I love this line. Whatever money-hungry double-dipper came up with these figures instead of GH Jar Jar or GH Qui-Gon should be beaten.

JediTricks
10-08-2005, 02:50 AM
It's not KH's fault, that's what Hasbro called 'em.

bobafrett
10-08-2005, 10:45 PM
Any release date on these? I do note that the Galactic Heroes line is moving at a nice pace from the store pegs. I see a lot of young kids with their parents checking them out, and even placing a few in the cart. I myself have them all (at least that I know of, but not all on the new card).

Jayspawn
10-15-2005, 09:35 PM
I found the new Galactic Heros Keychain (things) at Media Play tonight. They didnt have a price tag yet as it was a new, full cas.e It contained Luke, Han Yoda and Boba.

2-1B
10-16-2005, 01:01 AM
I don't care for those new vehicle sets, I saw them a few weeks back at TRU and I will not collect those.

kool-aid killer
10-16-2005, 11:23 AM
Are the Galactic Heroes figures that come in the light up Star Wars Lightsabers all new figures or are they just repacks shoved in as an incentive? Ive started to see them pop up at Walmart more and more and was just wondering what the deal was on them.

bobafrett
10-16-2005, 01:36 PM
Are the Galactic Heroes figures that come in the light up Star Wars Lightsabers all new figures or are they just repacks shoved in as an incentive? Ive started to see them pop up at Walmart more and more and was just wondering what the deal was on them.

As far as I can tell, they are repacks of Anakin and Obi-Wan, but those are the only two that I have seen. I don't collect the lightsabers, so I couldn't say for sure. I do collect the Galactic heroes though.

JediTricks
10-16-2005, 03:20 PM
Yeah, they're straight repacks, not even repainted, I saw 'em on Friday for the first time.

K M Toydarian
10-16-2005, 08:10 PM
Yeah, they're straight repacks, not even repainted, I saw 'em on Friday for the first time.

And.. they are AOTC figs, not ROTS.

niktom
10-18-2005, 03:08 PM
I'm sorry but it really sucks that Hasbro is starting to "repack" this line already! My son loves these and I love to get them for him, but I hate repacks. I can understand different colored clones... thats all great but pack them together! I would love to see some 2 packs like the stormtroopers, but we don't need another anakin or ben. This is the same crap they are pulling with the Jedi Force Line (which my son also enjoys). there are so many characters out there for these lines I just hate to see them get messed up so early like the basic figs are.

Jayspawn
10-21-2005, 05:35 PM
I picked up a GH Boba Fett backpack dangler at Media Play. He was $2.99 and I figured -what the heck. I put it on my SW Celebration backpack.

JediTricks
10-23-2005, 12:55 AM
Plus, they still haven't even mined all of the original Playskool line's figures, there's a bunch that haven't been put into the G.Heroes line that could have been, I suppose they're trying to milk this ROTS thing as long as they can but this is NOT the way to do it.
Well, with the power of my big mouth, apparently, I have spoken the future and now we have seen it: http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/newsID.08CC43C1-D56F-E112-40F15AC1B1E1132D/page.news/dn/default.cfm

I can't say this is a terrible thing, though for me I won't be buying 'em since I already own 'em, but I really wish that they'd start releasing a few new figs in with the old ones to spice the line up a bit for long-term collectors such as myself. Also, we need more larger stuff, like the Wampa and Tauntauns, the X-wings and Falcons took a while but now they're all selling pretty decently, we need more big stuff (and NOT just rehashes).

2-1B
10-23-2005, 01:45 AM
I'd like to get stuff like Dewbacks, Rancors, skiffs, landspeeders, podracers, little mounts like that for the figs to go with.

bobafrett
11-16-2005, 11:43 PM
I picked up the 4 new sets that are pictured in the first post. I debated and debated on getting these, because they have a Vader, a Anakin, an Obi-Wan and a Yoda that are all the same as earlier releases with some minor paint changes (sith eyes Ani, sand on my pants Obi) and even the clones are repaints and I'm almost sure that the Kashyyyk trooper is a repaint of the biker scout. What can I say, I'm a sucker for these figures (less the stupid vehicles that weren't in the films like Lukes pick up truck or whatever that was).

Darth Jax
11-17-2005, 09:33 PM
I picked up the 4 new sets that are pictured in the first post. I debated and debated on getting these, because they have a Vader, a Anakin, an Obi-Wan and a Yoda that are all the same as earlier releases with some minor paint changes (sith eyes Ani, sand on my pants Obi) and even the clones are repaints and I'm almost sure that the Kashyyyk trooper is a repaint of the biker scout. What can I say, I'm a sucker for these figures (less the stupid vehicles that weren't in the films like Lukes pick up truck or whatever that was).
the trooper is indeed the bike scout in different colored armor.

Kidhuman
11-23-2005, 10:22 AM
I picked up the Hole EMperor/Vader and the Yoda/Trooper ones.

bobafrett
11-23-2005, 10:54 PM
I picked up the Hole EMperor/Vader and the Yoda/Trooper ones.

Do you have the earlier sets KH? I have many, and I do believe I have them all, unless there are some exclusives. I even bought several extra Stormtroopers, Jawa/Tusken raider sets and opened them up.

Kidhuman
11-23-2005, 10:56 PM
I passed o nthe first few waves, only getting Old Ben/Vader. I started getting them all around the time of ROTJ came out and the bounty hunters.

bobafrett
11-23-2005, 11:04 PM
heres pics of the ones I have.

bobafrett
11-23-2005, 11:05 PM
and more...........................

Kidhuman
11-23-2005, 11:10 PM
The only ones I dont have are the first waves that came out.

K M Toydarian
12-18-2005, 08:59 PM
Happy Holidays Galactic Hero fans!

I was wondering if anyone sent away for and received any free galactic heroes from Burger King's promotion back in May. The first wave or so had coupons for free heroes with $20 Hasbro stuff. The promo lasts till 12/31/05 so there is still time, but I was wondering who received what and if they are regular packed figs, or bagged, promotional figs. Might get newer figs if we send away now!

El Chuxter
12-18-2005, 09:45 PM
Aw, crap in a bucket! I totally forgot it, and I know I don't have the coupon anymore. :(

Is okay, though. I've got the complete set, and I doubt they'd produce a BK exclusive.

Lord Malakite
12-18-2005, 11:39 PM
Happy Holidays Galactic Hero fans!

I was wondering if anyone sent away for and received any free galactic heroes from Burger King's promotion back in May. The first wave or so had coupons for free heroes with $20 Hasbro stuff. The promo lasts till 12/31/05 so there is still time, but I was wondering who received what and if they are regular packed figs, or bagged, promotional figs. Might get newer figs if we send away now!

A while back on ebay while looking at the crazy BK Vader prices I noticed someone had a set of the Burger King Galactic Heroes on sale. I don't really follow Galactic Heroes all that much, so I can't tell you whether of not the figures were exclusive just to this BK mail-in promotion or that these were the only 2 figures available in the promotion (as opposed to some random figure distribution).

What I can tell you though is that the 2 figures that he was selling were the same 2 figures pictured on the BK coupon (Yoda & R2-D2). I can also tell you that they were in plastic baggies with black writing printed on them.

Kidhuman
12-18-2005, 11:49 PM
They were the same as released in the line, except i nthe baggies like LM stated. I remember looking at them and wanting ot order them but saw I already had them, so I passed on them.

Lord Malakite
12-19-2005, 12:56 AM
I looked around some and found a picture of the BK bagged Yoda & R2 -D2 Galactic Heroes (http://www.r2d2central.com/exclusives/SDCC-2pack-freebie/image2.asp). Apparently in addition to the BK mail-in offer this same bagged set was also offered at this year's San Diego Comic Con.

bobafrett
12-19-2005, 11:32 PM
I didn't open any from the first wave, except the Vader. I will have to look and see if I still have the bag w/offer. I did pick up a GH bobafett keychain/backpack dangler today at Sears essentials (formerly K-Mart).

K M Toydarian
12-20-2005, 01:42 AM
Actually, upon further research, I think maybe week two had the offer, not sure, I do know it stopped later on.
Anywho.
I also saw Danglers at Suncoast for 2.99. Not bad I guess for a keychain, but figs are same. They had Han, Tatooine Luke, Yoda, and Boba.

Lord Malakite
12-21-2005, 09:06 AM
Actually, upon further research, I think maybe week two had the offer, not sure, I do know it stopped later on.
Anywho.
I think the BK Galactic Hero offer was placed in both Week 1 and Week 2's figures as well as in the limited Vaders (at least the first two weeks anyway).

bobafrett
12-21-2005, 11:58 AM
I don't know, I was unable to find it in my Vaders package, and I got one in the first, and in the second week. Only one got opened, but I don't know which one it was. Are these found inside the little enclosed pouch with the BK Kids club enrollment and instructions/checklist?

Kidhuman
12-22-2005, 12:02 AM
Yes thats where they were.

K M Toydarian
12-23-2005, 04:07 PM
Picked up the repacked Luke/Han Hoth, and Luke and Scout Speeder bikes today at Target. Nice to see repainted in the uniform packaging, even though they are a few years old. Just goes to show they got it right the first time, as these sculpts from the initial line are exactly what we are getting now, no improvements needed!

JediTricks
12-24-2005, 02:59 PM
Is there still a magnet in Luke's hand? I'm doubtful.

K M Toydarian
12-24-2005, 09:42 PM
Is there still a magnet in Luke's hand? I'm doubtful.

Don't know. Probably won't open these as I already have the first release loose, but the new two packs, I have a set in the package on account the cartoon graphics are great!
I would expect no magnet, it'd be easy to take out i'm sure.
BTW, The generic blurb paragraph on the back says "...Wookies and TaunTauns! Ewoks and Jawas!... " I am guessing we will will see the TaunTaun and Wicket rereleased soon.

jad
12-27-2005, 04:18 PM
Sorry if this is a tad off topic, but I felt it would probably work best in here instead of creating a new thread. I've been trying to find the Obi Wan and Boga Playschool Jedi Force set for quite some time. I can see that it came out in a case on EE and is currently sold out. I figured perhaps it was quickly canceled and never appeared in actual stores? Does anyone have any insight into this?

El Chuxter
12-27-2005, 05:41 PM
That's a good question. I didn't even realize until you brought it up that I've never seen it, either, and was looking for it. I hope it's not another Eopie situation. :(

sith_killer_99
12-27-2005, 06:04 PM
I pretty much gave up on this line some time ago. I still have a few cooler OT characters and I will probably buy the new Scout Trooper with Speeder, but my interest in this line is pretty low. I think my daughter has more of these than I do.:yes:

bobafrett
01-04-2006, 11:56 AM
I went to Wal-Mart today and found The Han and Luke in hoth gear, and the Speeder bike with Scout trooper. I failed to look hard enough for the Luke with Speeder bike, but I think they just used the same one they had with the larger assortment a few years back.

evenflow
01-14-2006, 10:47 PM
I just picked up a bunch of the new ones, first time i have seen them anyway. Holo Emperor, new Biker Scout, new clones, the whole deal.

Kidhuman
01-14-2006, 11:12 PM
Those are the last shipment Evenflow, the new ones are Han and Luke in Hoth Gear, Luke w/ speeder, Biker Scout w/speeder.

Sentinel18725
01-15-2006, 03:50 PM
I had always liked these but I was never intending on picking these up. A friend of mine went online and picked up all that were available for me for the past three years. Gotta love her! Now, I just need to get the convertible vehicles to finish it out!!!!!

This was a great bridging for Star Wars to the young children!

sith_killer_99
01-15-2006, 06:14 PM
I have seen the newest wave of the Galactic Heroes, but passed on all except the Scout Trooper with Speeder. In fact the only GH figures I have decided to keep are the cooler OT figures, Bounty Hunters, etc.:thumbsup:

Kidhuman
01-16-2006, 12:06 AM
The only thing I hate is the new 5.88 price tag at WM.

bobafrett
01-16-2006, 07:56 AM
The only thing I hate is the new 5.88 price tag at WM.

Same here, I thought they were on the 3 3/4 inch pegs, until I read the label. Our store just got the speeder bike and hoth Han and Luke, but I had already picked up the Scout trooper w/speeder and hoth Han and Luke. I'm somewhat tempted to stop in the store this morning to pick up the Luke w/speeder bike to complete the collection, and another Scout w/speeder bike to open.