PDA

View Full Version : Is the carded 501st trooper available?

piratefett
10-07-2005, 02:28 PM
hello everyone. just found gree & bly today and wondering b4 i go crazy looking...is the 501st trooper out yet? pictured on the card. also found nemoidian commander,wookie commando... LMK thanks!!!

PIRATEFETT:PROUD MEMBER OF THE TURBOWARS 501ST ELITE LEGION HASBRO TACTICAL OPS AWAITING ORDER 66 TO STORM HASBRO HQ

JediTricks
10-07-2005, 02:46 PM
I just read a sighting of the fig in the LA Just Found thread, so apparently they are.

Luuuuuuke
10-07-2005, 03:54 PM
Yeah, he's out, at least he was at the Target in in a suburb of L.A. I visited this morning. I'm the one that mentioned it in the L.A. thread. I'll have a better report when I finally have a chance to open him, but he looks like a slightly tighter repainted version of the AT-TE gunner. His helmet does come off(you can see his chin sticking out from the bottom of the helmet). His ankles are muddied up a bit. He's got more details, more paint than the Jedi Temple Assault clone.
Says "Vaders Legion" on the package. They did not put out many of this wave's figures out though, and there was no Wookie Gunner, which surprised me, given the clone would be in higher demand. Like I said in the other post, I have a feeling they just put out enough to make the pegs look fuller.

piratefett
10-08-2005, 09:39 AM
Yeah, he's out, at least he was at the Target in in a suburb of L.A. I visited this morning. I'm the one that mentioned it in the L.A. thread. I'll have a better report when I finally have a chance to open him, but he looks like a slightly tighter repainted version of the AT-TE gunner. His helmet does come off(you can see his chin sticking out from the bottom of the helmet). His ankles are muddied up a bit. He's got more details, more paint than the Jedi Temple Assault clone.
Says "Vaders Legion" on the package. They did not put out many of this wave's figures out though, and there was no Wookie Gunner, which surprised me, given the clone would be in higher demand. Like I said in the other post, I have a feeling they just put out enough to make the pegs look fuller.

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! !!

ok i'm better now. i'll have to start looking. thanks for the info.

Luuuuuuke
10-08-2005, 11:15 AM
AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! !!

ok i'm better now. i'll have to start looking. thanks for the info.

:D AAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHH!" back at you--I haven't even found Gree or Bly. So you can imagine my surprise when I actually found these guys instead. I haven't even heard of Targets in L.A. carrying the Gree wave so I'm a little confused about why these would be out.

BlueSnags
10-08-2005, 03:58 PM
Found the 501 wave today at an LA Target. Looks like these will be scarce until Walmart starts getting them (Targets are only getting one case per store).

Snags

trandoshan666
10-09-2005, 12:43 AM
Congrats on the finds. Looks like I'll be paying more attention to Target than I have for the past few months. It makes sense that these would arrive there before Wal-Mart, since the WMs seem to be pretty much loaded with figures, and Targets (at least where I live) haven't really put out a lot of product for the holiday season (Oct. 16 is apparently start of the new reset).

Luuuuuuke
10-09-2005, 11:46 AM
I don't know if other people who found these will agree, but I personally have changed my opinion about the AT-TE's mold. I think it's a great mold, as long as it's for a repainted clone trooper. The two thin lines on the single carded 501st trooper give this figure a slimming look and I cannot overstate how much better the torso area of this figure, including the head, looks than the JTA 501st trooper.
I'll try to post some pictures. The pics that have been posted by Hasbro or whoever up to date do not do this clone justice. It's actually a really good looking clone. Would the SA mold have been better? Probably. But I think a lot of people(including myself) who were down on the AT-TE mold will see things different when they see this figure in person--AND OPEN IT! That's key because in the package he really doesn't look as good.

piratefett
10-12-2005, 07:56 AM
my gree & bly were found @wal mart here in NJ. Checking the target hopefully today to see if i find the 501st trooper.

Slicker
05-24-2006, 03:46 PM
Old thread but who cares?

For those that don't know this is being released again but on a TSC style card.

bobafrett
05-24-2006, 09:25 PM
Old thread but who cares?

For those that don't know this is being released again but on a TSC style card.

And might we have pictures of said figure yet? 501st members want to know.

Slicker
05-25-2006, 03:47 AM
And might we have pictures of said figure yet? 501st members want to know.I'm not sure if the pictures of the rehash ROTS figs from this particular wave have been released yet.

I'll look around and see though...

Kidhuman
05-25-2006, 07:33 AM
Havent found any carded pics yet.

plasticfetish
05-25-2006, 07:02 PM
We're talking about the recarded (ROTS #65) Tac Ops Trooper right?

And might we have pictures of said figure yet? 501st members want to know.I'm pretty sure it's that one Frett.

Slicker
05-25-2006, 07:31 PM
That's the one I revived the thread about. The carded Tac Ops clone.

I figured Frett was talkin' about the SDCC one but wasn't sure.

plasticfetish
05-25-2006, 07:49 PM
Yeah, dats what I figured.

...just noticed that there's no section for "Heroes & Villains" stuff in the Database. (Hmm...)

TheDarthVader
05-28-2006, 11:39 PM
I just picked up three of these in the jedi temple battle pack. Yes, it took my store that long, but I finally found them at my K Mart. Pretty cool pack too!

B.
TDV

plasticfetish
10-05-2006, 09:49 PM
Spotted 3 of these (Greatest Battles 1 of 14) on the pegs at Target today.

JediTricks
10-06-2006, 03:43 PM
It's the crappy AT-TE Gunner body though complete with removable helmet that doesn't hide his chin, and elbows that swivel but are permanently bent, and wonky shoulders, and those ball-jointed hips nobody else likes.

plasticfetish
10-06-2006, 07:31 PM
Aside from the odd choice for shoulders and elbows, I don't have a problem with this figure. But yeah... those two problems really kill the play value.

SpartansOnFire
02-26-2007, 09:03 PM
I'm glad thanks to that fan voting thing over at rebelscum.com we'll get this one as a super articulated re-paint this year.