PDA

View Full Version : The excorcism of emily rose

kool-aid killer
10-09-2005, 12:23 PM
Anybody else see this movie? I went and seen it last night and i didnt really critique the movie so much as i was left wondering throughout this movie whether it was possible or not. If this thread generates much commentary (im somewhat doubtful about that though, since there wasnt a thread about this movie already) it might be tossed into the Rancor Pit if we arent careful, since the movie involves religion. But basically it has to do with a girl (Emily Rose) who is believed by her priest to be possessed by demons. The movie wasnt scary to me, the concept that a demon could enter your body and take it over is what left me a little shook, and would actually send chills throughout my spine during the movie. The movie is actually more about the priests trial, and Emily and what she went through is recounted mostly during this time. I wont go into detail just yet because i want to see what anyone else has to say, but overall, aside from the lingering questions in my mind about whether its truly possible or not, i found the movie to be good. If it didnt bother me so much i wouldnt mind having it on DVD once it comes out.

rich_of_the_dead
10-09-2005, 12:59 PM
i went to see it opening night and thought it was pretty freaky.there were 2 girls who came in after it just started and they said oh god please let there be pother people here it is so dark.i have been immune to horror movies since age six.my dad started my brother and me early on them.i recently accuired the ummm hom version on dvd "ahem" if you know what i mean and that movie gets better all the time

kool-aid killer
10-09-2005, 09:17 PM
I can clearly read between the lines and do get what you mean. Im usually not scared by horror movies simply because i go in knowing that the intention is to scare, so things like a calm scene/music that suddenly attempts to scare doesnt faze me, since i expect it. But this movie definitely left me wondering. I swear i will go in my pants if i ever wake up at 3 a.m. from now on.

The 'Xir
10-10-2005, 12:53 PM
I've been looking forward to seeing this movie for awhile now, but just haven't gone. If it's still in theatres I'll try and go sometime this week, and let ya know what I thought! I'd like to see how it compares with 'The EXorcist' :twisted:

kool-aid killer
10-13-2005, 01:55 PM
I seen it at the regular theater, i dont think its hit the dollar but its getting close to there. My mother said that "The Exorcist" was based on this story too, and going by your comments it sound like she is right. Im not a big horror movie fan so ive never seen the "The Excorcist" and now im curious. But another part of me feels traumatized enough, i dont know how i would hanlde seeing Emily Roses plight again.

Tonysmo
10-16-2005, 06:14 AM
I live in St. Louis. Where the original Excorcist took place. I know the Church. I know the Hospital. I know the retreat, and I live within 20 miles of them all. They all still exist. The retreat is the closest to me within 5 miles. The hospital has since been renovated and I dont think the original building still exists. The story has intrigued me so Ive done a ton of reading on it.

Ive yet to see this new movie. I too am interested on how it will compare.

The orginal excorcist is by far one scary friggin movie.