PDA

View Full Version : the incredible hulk: ultimate destruction

darthvyn
10-09-2005, 10:01 PM
AWESOME! this game rocks so much, i want to head-butt my cat until we both scream.

playing as the hulk is so much fun. it's like a super-powered version of GTA. you cause enough destruction and they sic the helicopters on you, and the best way to take them out? throw cars and buses at them! and once you down one, you can throw the flaming wreck into another one! it's just really fun! the moves you can "buy" are awesome (double-fist ground pound, sonic clap...) and the power-up system is very different.

definitely recommended.

mabudonicus
10-10-2005, 01:00 PM
Sounds pretty sweet, thanks for the "review" Vyn

I will likely look for this on boxing day or beyond, since I can't afford much in the way of new games,but I just saw the box in the store the other day and wondered if it would be as good as one could hope, sounds like it may be :beard:

darthvyn
10-10-2005, 03:13 PM
yeah, it's cool... and i want to clarify what i mean by "the power-up system is very different."

you start out with like, 75% health bar. the more destruction you cause, the higher it goes, until you reach "critical mass" - then, a NEW health bar opens up, and increases with more destruction. this one can be used to charge up the "critical mass attacks" which cause a lot of damage, but use up your extra bar, and bring you back down to "normal."

when your health bar is way down, you get an "adrenaline rush" (because you're really angry) which lets you attack faster and i think you can do the critical mass attacks without losing more power at this point. i'm not sure, haven't experimented with that yet.

it's pretty innovative, and really gets the idea of how the hulk's power works - while still making him vulnerable enough to make it challenging. well done.

darthvyn
10-13-2005, 03:31 PM
in addition, to add to the coolness, you will become other versions of the hulk throughout the game. i just completed a challenge (side-missions) as joe fixit! and within the gameplay, they mention that bruce is sensing another dangerous personality getting stronger...

this game totally rocks!