PDA

View Full Version : Will you buy the new "Separation of the Twins" figures?

SirSteve
10-11-2005, 10:25 AM
As seen here:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news?m=show&id=31854

Ji'dai
10-11-2005, 10:38 AM
I voted I'll decide when I see them in person (if I do) though I'm leaning towards not buying them.

Since the Luke & Leia infants appear to be not much more than accessories of two repacked pegwarming figures, I'm currently inclined to pass on them.

Constant repacks, repaints, or otherwise rehashed figures are a great way to destroy collector enthusiasm. I know I feel apathetic about buying any more of Hasbro's stuff.

sith_killer_99
10-11-2005, 10:40 AM
Of course I will buy them, becase I am addicted, it's a sickness that I will never be cured of...and I like it that way.:crazed:

stillakid
10-11-2005, 12:38 PM
Will you buy the new "Seperation of the Twins" figures?

No, but I'll buy the "Separation of the Twins" figures.

bobafrett
10-11-2005, 02:38 PM
I voted "Yes" but I am not going out of my way to find them (Besides, they are Wal-Mart exclusives, therefore I shouldn't have to).

Rocketboy
10-11-2005, 03:01 PM
Since I have a grand total of 4 ROTS figs, I highly doubt it, but voted I'll decide when I see them in person.

vader68
10-11-2005, 03:41 PM
No I am not buying more rehashed junk. Enough is enough, come up with something new,if you want more of us to buy stuff.:mad: :whip:

Droid
10-11-2005, 04:52 PM
They really, really missed an opportunity on this one. They should have sold:

Cinema Scene 1: Owen, Beru, and baby Luke (with articulation that can be taken in and out of a blanket sleeve)
Cinema Scene 2: Bail (in the correct outfit), the Queen and baby Leia (articulated like Luke)
Beast Pack: Obi-wan with hood up AND EOPIE

They would have FLOWN off the shelves.

As it is likely the only baby Luke or Leia we will ever see I will buy them, and am very frustrated. At least Obi-wan's hood should have been up.

trandoshan666
10-11-2005, 05:18 PM
Yes, but I would have greatly preferred to have gotten them in cinema scenes with higher-quality figures. I have bought everything else in the basic ROTS line, and these will still be a unique addition to my collection.

Slicker
10-11-2005, 10:16 PM
No, but I'll buy the "Separation of the Twins" figures.Smart a55.:p

I voted "Yes" as I don't see these costing anymore than a basic figure so $6 isn't bad. If they go and charge deluxe prices then somethings wrong. It doesn't appear that you get any other accesories with him so the baby is just the lightsaber or blaster for the figure.

TheDarthVader
10-12-2005, 12:11 PM
More than likely I will buy these separation figures when I see them. Because they are exclusives, it makes me want them a little more even though the figures are so so.

B.
TDV

JediTricks
10-12-2005, 01:07 PM
Absolutely not, these look awful. Until they showed up on the official site, I thought these were bad fakes, those baby accessories look like they could have been from any generic toy line, and there's nothing special about either of the actual figures in the set - I already have 'em both.

Then again, this scene didn't resonate with me at all, so I wouldn't spend my money on it.

steeltormentor69
10-12-2005, 01:14 PM
yes, unfortunately....:mad:

kool-aid killer
10-12-2005, 01:20 PM
I chose "I will decide when i see them in person," though more than likely i will pick both of them up.

plasticfetish
10-12-2005, 01:24 PM
I voted, "yes," but it'll depend on what they look like in person. I like the packaging and it's a nice enough idea... I'd buy them and keep them carded. I've yet to see a decent Bail figure on the pegs so far though, (they all have weird beards :beard: ) so it all sort of depends on that.

dindae
10-12-2005, 01:55 PM
Smart a55.:p

I voted "Yes" as I don't see these costing anymore than a basic figure so $6 isn't bad. If they go and charge deluxe prices then somethings wrong. It doesn't appear that you get any other accesories with him so the baby is just the lightsaber or blaster for the figure.

Ah but you forget that since this is an exclusive so the huge cost of make a new photoshop picture and stealing a nativity Jesus sculpt is distributed over fewere figures than a normal figure. So the cost to you is $15. :rolleyes: That being said I also voted for the voluntary anal raping of my wallet.

ryanvader
10-12-2005, 07:55 PM
Ya Ill buy them but the crappy wal-marts in canada wont get them so I will be forced to pay like 45$:sad: for the pair off ebay:twisted:

abell748
10-13-2005, 07:02 AM
I voted yes, but if the price point comes in at $10 then it becomes a maybe. Double the cost for a pegwarmer and a hunk of plastic means that Rehasbro will indeed charge the $10 I'm afraid. Wait...what is that? Oh, it is the collector taking it in the collective rear for these!

InsaneJediGirl
10-13-2005, 10:34 AM
I voted "I'll decide when I see them in person"

Most likely,I will end up just picking up Obi-Wan if I see him. I dont think either figure looks that great to be honest,and it could have been done so much better. Doesnt look like much is going to the six ROTS figures I have :D

eliwankenobi
10-13-2005, 05:34 PM
I voted no. Bor-ing. :tired:

DarkArtist
10-14-2005, 02:23 PM
As being a completist and a diorama builder it a sad thing but yes I wil buy them (provided I can find them, since Walmart is bad with exclusives). I feel Hasbro could have done a better job with them, at least given us some new sculpts or something but at least we are getting a pilot Obi Wan instead of another jedi kick or the first version of him.

2-1B
10-14-2005, 11:46 PM
Then again, this scene didn't resonate with me at all, so I wouldn't spend my money on it.

Going by that logic JT, I'm surprised you own any toys from this movie in the first place. ;) lol

JediTricks
10-15-2005, 04:27 AM
I bought toys that interested me from a general Star Wars standpoint (except for a few of the hero figs and that crazy looking Mustafar Sentry figure which was just a plain ol oddity). Some of interest comes from standard aesthetics, some from "what could have been done with this idea" things. These 2 separation of the twins figures have NONE of that (I have several of that Obi-Wan already, he's my favorite pegwarmer).

BlueSnags
10-15-2005, 04:39 PM
Definitely going to be picking them up, if nothing else for the packaging, which I think looks cool.:yes:

Deoxyribonucleic
10-16-2005, 03:50 PM
yes, those look very nice!

DarthPoop
10-16-2005, 08:44 PM
:twisted: I plan on going into Walmart with an exacto knife AND If they look halfway decent,I will cut the babies out of the bubbles. I voted No. I will NOT be "buying" them.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-21-2005, 07:57 PM
Yes, exclusives suck me right in. :upset: