PDA

View Full Version : I always thought the Jedi fought the Mandalorians....

Fulit
01-18-2002, 04:39 PM
I might've read it in some EU book or some crap, but it just occured to me that I had always heard that the Jedi fought against the Mandalorians in the Clone Wars. Is this written somewhere or am I cracking up?

chewie
01-18-2002, 04:58 PM
Well, if the jedi do fight the mandalorians in the clone wars, it wont be shown on screen, as the movie ends with the clone wars only just starting.

IMO, nothing like that will happen. The jedi will have their hands full with clones, droids, and misc. rogue planets fighting each other.

Lord Tenebrous
01-18-2002, 06:30 PM
'Mandalorian' isn't in the script, but I guess they're still using it in the books...

GNT
01-18-2002, 10:06 PM
I thought the same but I guess not anymore :( Maybe in the 3rd movie perhaps?

sith_killer_99
01-19-2002, 12:53 AM
I do believe your right, or at least close.

I think it was in either "Tales of the Bounty Hunters" or the Fett Trilogy.

I think it said that the Jedi eradicated the Mandalorians. I don't recall if it was in a war or what?!?!:confused:

But there was indeed a rivalry between the two.

AreTwo-DeeTwo
01-19-2002, 12:29 PM
It's possible they could fight them in the 3rd movie. Maybe Boba Fett will still nab some clones and dress em up in "mandalorian" armor. But I doubt it very much. As a geeky fanboy I would have loved to seen a battle between Jedi and soldiers dressed up in "manadalorian" armor. Oh well.

Rollo Tomassi
01-19-2002, 01:48 PM
C'mon you guys. You see the very beginning of the Clone Wars in AOTC and the end of the Clone Wars in TNO. In between there are years of fighting on several , possibly dozens or even hundreds of worlds. It's quite concievible that one of these worlds is "Mandalore" and that the Jedi hand out extinction level whupass to the Mandalorians. It could even be the planet that the beginning of TNO takes place on, when Dooku gets beat down hard by Anakin and Obi Wan. You can't assume that because you haven't heard about it yet, that it will never happen.

mabudonicus
01-19-2002, 05:15 PM
I remember reading the boba fett bio(in the early 80's) and for sure his armour was referred to as "mandalorian". That could still be the name for the type of suit Jango wears, as it doesnt seem to be worn by anyone else. A weird point I just hit on- mandalorian=?medichlorian (with all the revisions, who knows what this could become if gl catches on?)

Co Jo-Da
01-20-2002, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by mabudon
I remember reading the boba fett bio(in the early 80's) and for sure his armour was referred to as "mandalorian". That could still be the name for the type of suit Jango wears, as it doesnt seem to be worn by anyone else.

I also thought that the Clone Wars were fought between te Jedi Order and the Army of Mandalorian but it looks like real Clones took they're place...

I now think that Jango belongs to the Order of Mandalorian (maybe it's a Bounty Hunter thing) and that's why he wears that cool armor and Boba will later join and get his own armor (but green instead of blue)...

Just an Idea...

Wooooof
01-20-2002, 01:53 AM
No, no, you have it all wrong! The Jedi don't fight the Mandalorians, they fight the Midichlorians! Ever wonder why midis aren't in the OT? It's cuz the Jedi wiped them all out. They were actually Force drawn parasites that eventually turned their victims into little green toad-men. Yoda was obviously one of the first affected.:D

Actually I thought the Clone Wars were between the Mandalorians and Jedi also. Was this another misconception of fans or did Lucas just change his mind again? I'm betting on the latter.:rolleyes:

mabudonicus
01-20-2002, 11:45 AM
Actually, having seen geonosians and kaminoans, it looks like jango and boba(those names sound funny together) are not native to either planet, and so maybe they could be from the planet mandalore, and since we know who the clonetroopers are made out of, they would therefore be an army of THE mandalorian (as an army of clones of me could be called Canadian) This makes sense, and probably explains the mix up, I think( unless it's just one more thing gl forgot completely)

Co Jo-Da
01-20-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by mabudon
Actually, having seen geonosians and kaminoans, it looks like jango and boba(those names sound funny together) are not native to either planet, and so maybe they could be from the planet mandalore, and since we know who the clonetroopers are made out of, they would therefore be an army of THE mandalorian.

Interresting Point...

Darth Mojhaan
01-22-2002, 01:29 AM
...or mabye the battles between the Jedi Order and Mandalorians have already taken place before the Phantom Menace. The Star Wars universe is vast and large and everything that happens cannot be in one of the six films. No One knows but George Lucas what have taken place before the TPM and I am curious to know how old Jango Fetts armor is.

Rollo Tomassi
01-22-2002, 08:17 AM
Except the old school history said the Jedi fought the Mandalorians during THE CLONE WARS....which start in AOTC. Nice try though.;)

JEDIpartner
01-22-2002, 09:52 AM
let's just say the clones are developed from a Mandalorian gene-pool. I'm satisfied with that explanation. So then they wipe out the initial waves of clones... TA DA! :rolleyes: :D

Jedi Clint
01-22-2002, 12:18 PM
Nope. They fight with (at least) the initial wave of clones against the droid army.

JEDIpartner
01-22-2002, 12:48 PM
yeah... or that! :rolleyes:

Co Jo-Da
01-23-2002, 02:38 PM
Or the Clone Army called the Mandalorian Army by the Senate.

mabudonicus
01-23-2002, 06:04 PM
Yeah, the senate could stress that the clone army be referred to as "Mandalorians" as some sort of PR move, just so that the majority of the galaxys people wouldn't get suspicious. Or my last post was bang-on. Or not.....Wooooo!!!

LTBasker
01-26-2002, 01:12 AM
Evidence: Episode II: Attack of the Clones
Star Wars Encylopedia says the Jedi fought the Mandalorians during the Clone Wars
Jango Fett dies in E2 (right?)

Theory:
My theory is that Episode II is just the first attacks, when the wars begin and the way the mandalorians tie-in is they're off on a distant planet elsewhere and the Fetts are high in ranks there so after Jango dies in Episode II, Boba returns to the mandalorians and take his father's place and so he leads a battle against the Jedi for revenge on his father's death and this would be Episode III and the reason Boba would pick Episode III is because Episode III is most likely The Clone Wars and so while the Jedi are still fighting against the clones, Fett considers that's the best time to strike and so the mandalorians battle the Jedi while they are also fighting against the clone armies.

preacher
01-26-2002, 11:52 AM
Basker may have something here. After all lil' Ani managed to help the Naboo defeat the TF droid control ship. I really hope this isn't the case though. In TPM I was very tolerant of Jarjar, but when a nine year old managed to defeat the Neimodians, even when the rest of the Naboo, who were seasoned pilots, couldn't even handle the fighter drones I was a little disappointed. And don't give me that "Ani was one with the force stuff". It sure didn't hint at that. At least when Luke blew up the death star you knew he was in tune with the force. But Ani...he pushes a few buttons and boom. Blech.

The Mandalorians were first mentioned in one of the comic books, "Jedi Tales". If I'm not mistaken it was the "Sith War". Exar Kun and Ulic Quel Droma became Master and Apprentice siths. And if I remember Ulic challenged the general of the Mandalorians to a battle. The stakes were the mandalorian army. Ulic spared the general's life but on the condition that if he and the mandalorians had to die to forward the sith order that they would.

Make a long story short, the jedi defeated an army of them in that story line, but not before taking huge casualities, stripping Ulic of his ability to manipulate the force, and exiling Exar Kun's spirit on yavin 4. If you haven't read it I recommend it. It is the one story that Kevin Andersen wrote that was really good. Not like that Tales of Bounty Hunter story of IG-88 crap. That was worse than the poor handling of Anakin of TPM.

Lord Tenebrous
01-26-2002, 12:13 PM
We could all make elaborate scenarios to make this work. But then we'd be forgetting that Boba Fett is a clone, not a disgraced journeyman protector.

So let us just assume the following.

George Lucas creates the Original Trilogy.
George Lucas allows Expanded Universe.
EU fleshes out some aspects of the OT.
Fans argue 'canon' value of EU.
George Lucas creates the Prequel Trilogy.
PT conflicts with EU.
Conflicts remain unexplained.
Fans become mad for paying money for inaccurate information.
George Lucas explains that both versions are correct, from a certain point of view.
Fans lose faith in George Lucas.
George Lucas becomes a poor hermit in Tunisia.

Rollo Tomassi
01-26-2002, 12:57 PM
The Mandalorians were first mentioned in one of the comic books, "Jedi Tales". If I'm not mistaken it was the "Sith War".

Sorry, but Mandalore, Mandalorians, Mandalorian Armor, and it's conflicts with the Jedi during the clone wars were mentioned many, many, MANY years before Dark Horse got their mitts on the Comic License. It was part of Boba Fett's original mini back story when the character was first introduced back in 1979. That comic you mentioned didn't come out until the mid 90's...

It ALL does fit together.

Boba Fett is cloned from his "father."
His father is killed on Geoneosis.
As an orphan, he bounces around the galaxy for a couple years, getting into trouble and misadventures.
He comes back and "kills" Mace Windu.
He bounces around the galaxy more, eventually landing on Concorde Dawn.
He attempts to become a Journeyman Protector, but instead kills his jerk of a boss and is banished(no big deal as he wasn't from there anyway)
He tries his hand at being a Stormtrooper, but find that sucks as well.
He dons his father's repainted armor and begins his legacy as "The galaxy's most dangerous Bounty Hunter"

It's a long time between the end of TNO and the next time we see him onscreen in ANH:SE. Who says everything that's been written about him couldn't happen? Saying because he was aclone means he couldn't be a Journeyman protector is like saying Jimmy Stewart was an actor in the 30's and then I saw him in a movie in 1975, so he must have been an actor that whole time. There's no way he could have been Col. James Stewart in the Army Air Force, flying over Germany shooting down Nazi scumbags in between. And yet he did and he was. The same goes for Fett. Hell, I've been a comic shop owner, a cook in a pizza joint, a student, and a movie projectionist. So why can't Fett be a clone, a Stormtrooper, a Bounty Hunter and Journeyman Protector?

preacher
01-27-2002, 05:35 PM
I didn't know that. I stand corrected. Any idea how one might read that comic Rollo? I've never even heard of it before now.

Still doesn't change the fact that the "Sith War" was a good read. So there:p