PDA

View Full Version : Anakin's Starfighter

Reverend Strone
10-12-2005, 07:20 PM
Help! Somebody talk me out of this guys. I'm itching to pull the trigger on an e-bay purchase of this ship. I passed on it back when it debuted because the design really didn't appeal to me, but having since watched (and really enjoyed) the cartoons, and with all the other Jedi starfighter variants on order or in my cupboard, the completist in me is yearning to buy this thing. But do I really need it? Am I going to get it out of its box and kick myself over how "playskool" the toy is? It looked kinda cool in the tv show, but what is teh toy really like? Should I trust my initial gut (heave) reaction, or let my inner complusive-completeist rule the day?

X13VADER
10-13-2005, 08:22 AM
If You Are Talking About The Clone Wars One,the One That Looks Like The Ep2 Jedi Fighters, Then I Would As I Also Am A Completist.i Do Not Think It Looks Out Of Place With My Other Jedi Fighters.

Devo
10-13-2005, 11:51 AM
I find myself in exactly the same situation with this ship. It looks good in the Rebelscum picture archives so I've been tempted. I collect all the jedi stuff including the starfighter repaints. I think I could get away with not buying this because its not from the films (even the blue Clone wars starfighter is in an AOTC deleted scene). Also the price is a deterrent. 71 Euro at R2dtoys my usual online store. I've been kidding myself about not being a completist but my 'to buy' list just keeps expanding to include things I swore I wouldn't bother with. So I can't really help you.

Lazer Brain
10-13-2005, 02:56 PM
i think most all ships are a must have... and i got this one as soon as i saw it and it is very nice variation on the jedi starfighters, if your going to display this like i have mine, you will not be dissapointed. clone wars ani fits nicly in it and looks good.i wish i could tell you where to get one at a good price.
later

JediTricks
10-13-2005, 05:04 PM
I got this when it first came out, and it's alright but it doesn't knock my socks off or anything, I wouldn't spend a lot for it. Here's my review for it back when it came out, I gave it a C+ ... http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=307562#post307562

Reverend Strone
10-13-2005, 09:52 PM
Thanks folks. Good review too JT. I recall reading that when it was first posted. I may relent on this thing yet, but given the beating my visa has taken from all these clone variants recently, I might sit it out for now. I expect e-bay will still have a few of these appearing in a few months' time.