PDA

View Full Version : Clone Attack on Courscant Battle Pack Variation

jedi master sal
10-13-2005, 12:20 PM
According to reports over at Yakface.com there is a variation on the figures packed with this set. The variation has 5 Grey clones and NO Bacara repaint.

Attached are both the Bacara and all clone versions.

piratefett
10-13-2005, 01:35 PM
i mean i think we all love clones but damn! this is getting annoying:mad: on a side note, i don't think i'd be interested in the one without the bacara repaint which i actually think is cooler than the first.

Reverend Strone
10-13-2005, 01:45 PM
Dangit! As if an exclusive in itself wasn't hard enough to track down- now there's a variant. And being the fool that I am I'm going to have to buy it now too. ;)

Say, would anyone Stateside be interested in trading an unopened Celebration III Exclusive .45 Obi-Wan Lightsaber (Master Replicas) for one of these? Please drop me an e-mail or pm. Thanks!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-13-2005, 02:47 PM
How can they be sure it's a true variation and not just an error? I think it would be very possible that some Hasbro goon packed the wrong clone in there.

I wish this was the way they made it originally, though, as the gray clones are accurate but the Commander is not.

wedge1968
10-13-2005, 04:02 PM
I may end up with another of these in about three hours. If you want to make a trade, let me know. However, I don't do the master replica stuff. What else might you have?

Actually, I just posted something a few hours ago under the trade forum, so check it out there to see what I need if you are interested.

Reverend Strone
10-13-2005, 09:48 PM
I may end up with another of these in about three hours. If you want to make a trade, let me know. However, I don't do the master replica stuff. What else might you have?

Actually, I just posted something a few hours ago under the trade forum, so check it out there to see what I need if you are interested.

Thanks Wedge, I don't have any of the items you're after, but I think I may have just secured myself a Coruscant Attack set anyhow. Thank you nonetheless. :)

Slicker
10-14-2005, 06:46 AM
How can they be sure it's a true variation and not just an error? I think it would be very possible that some Hasbro goon packed the wrong clone in there.

I wish this was the way they made it originally, though, as the gray clones are accurate but the Commander is not.Here's something from Yakface JJL. It sounds pretty legit.

This is from Paul in PA

"I was so happy to find the Clone Attack On Coruscant at my local Target yesterday in Bensalem, PA. I picked up the first pack I saw and noticed that the Bacara Repaint was missing. I suspected foul play immediately until I reviewed the remaining 5 battle packs. All were "missing" Bacara and replaced with a fifth grey clone trooper. The boxes were not re-taped or altered with in any way. The figures were perfectly in place and tied down. I know you would like to see a picture, but unfortunately, I do not have those capabilities. Can you please see if you can confirm this "running change" around the country. I am curious to know if this is just a single case assortment error or a true variation. Thanks!"

I love your site!!!
Paul J. Mancil

It sure sounds fishy to me Paul, could there be a malicious Target stockboy there? No, never! Interesting to say the least.

UPDATE:
From Roger in Maryland

"I am a member of the DCSWCC and one of our members went to the target put in the DCPI and had an associate bring out a case of these battle packs for him about a week or so ago. The guy opened the case on the spot and, as the sets were removed with tissue paper and everything, lo and behold – each of the 6 battle packs in the case had 5 Grey troopers, no Bacaras.

Fishy? Smells that way at first, but since he saw the case come from the stock room, and freshly opened before his eyes, and all the tissue paper was there, and none of the battle packs looked to be tampered with….. hard to say. But this happened over in MD too, thought it was worth adding to the mix."

Blackened88
10-14-2005, 10:00 PM
Well that anwsers that question.

LTBasker
10-14-2005, 11:01 PM
I wonder if it's Hasbro's special way of fixing not releasing movie-accurate Clones until later on. Pretty cool idea, just wish they weren't using the deluxe Clone body for that. Anybody else going to use the ROTS Commander from the white/grey Clone evo set with these guys?

kool-aid killer
10-15-2005, 10:17 AM
I actually like the first version (with the repainted Bacarra) more than i do the five grey clones. Im going to have him lead my 501st troopers, since they both share a blue color scheme. But they both look awesome in package.

Luuuuuuke
10-16-2005, 03:54 AM
Anybody else going to use the ROTS Commander from the white/grey Clone evo set with these guys?

That's exactly what I plan to do. I actually mentioned this about a month ago after ordering the variant Clone Evo pack from BigBadtoystore. I'll probably customize the gray AOTC clones into ROTS clones using the helmets of two more AT-TE gunners.

sith_killer_99
10-23-2005, 09:59 AM
So has anyone found this "No Commander" variation?

I have hit all the Target's within a 200 mile area and found the sets at each Target, but they all have the commander. I am wondering if this whole thing is bogus or not.