View Full Version : Anyone have encounters with the unexplained?

10-14-2005, 03:48 PM
I saw this on the BRFO.net site last night and it totally creeped me out. I have a story to tell but I will get to it a little later. I thought this topic would be perfect creepy Halloween fare.

YEAR: 1998

SEASON: Spring

MONTH: April

STATE: Missouri

COUNTY: Ripley County

LOCATION DETAILS: 37 mileseast of Riverton MO turn on V Highway go five or so miles. Turn on the government road when you see the sign for Fouche Lake. Go three to five miles down there to the lake.



OBSERVED: About seven years ago some friends and I went camping. At a lake called Fourche Lake. The lake is a small secluded lake about 10 acres or so and not very heavily used in the Mark Twain National Forest. There is one road in and about 3-5 miles off the Highway. So I can't imagine anyone being out there and if they came down the road, we would have heard them unless they walked to that spot and it would have been a long walk.

We were all sitting around the campfire talking and something came running out of the woods, just beyond of the light of our campfire and ran down toward the lake. Where the moonlight was fairly bright. It ran around that area for a while almost like it was running circles because it was confused. It also was waving its arms and making a very strange noise. Then it ran back into the woods.

It's appearance was different from most that people report. It was about four feet tall, like a young Bigfoot. It was on two legs and very "stalkey" and the sounds it made were not like any of the ones on your website.

A few years back I was watching a TV show that was about Bigfoot. They had some audio of sounds much like the ones you have. But there was a man in Colorado that had a recording that was different he had it tested by some scientist and he said it was something unexplainable. But it sounded just like what I heard.

Now I don't know what I herd or saw was a Bigfoot. But I know I can't explaining it. I have done a lot of camping and hunting before and since this and have never seen or heard anything like it.

ALSO NOTICED: We looked for prints in the morning but the ground was pretty hard and found nothing.

OTHER WITNESSES: I belive there was seven of us. We were just siting around talking.


TIME AND CONDITIONS: somewhere between midnight and probably three in the morning. There was a full moon and in clear opening

ENVIRONMENT: I belive it was a pine forest but not for positive it may have been just a regular oak forest. Near a small lake this area is not at all heavily populated and quiet a ways from the nearest house.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Tony Gerard:

I spoke to the reporting witness and one other individual who was present during the incident. The witness said the animal ran from the woods near their fire toward the lake, a distance of about 75 yards. It ran in circles as if confused, all the while waving its arms above its head and vocalizing. Although the reporting witness said he had no real impression of arm length, the second witness said he thought the arms were longer in proportion than a typical human. The second witness said the creature definitely had hands; "just like a little kid – the way it would raise its hands and shake them." The reporting witness estimated the height at around 4 feet, the second witness at between 4 and 5 feet. The color was dark.

The second witness attempted to imitate the vocalization for me, which the first witness said was a pretty good imitation. The vocalization was a rising and falling yell with a distinctly distressed sound to it.

The witnesses related that when the creature first burst from the woods they all sat stunned for a few moments, then jumped to grab flashlights. The reporting witness thought that the sudden movement of everyone around the fire may have been what caused the creature to run back into the woods. In the morning, the witnesses did not find tracks or other evidence.

Both witnesses are experienced woodsmen and agreed that the creature was not a turkey, raccoon or bear. No further incidents have occurred although the witnesses have returned to the area several times.

10-18-2005, 03:29 PM
Cool stuff. Really makes you want to go camping lol

I've had some weird ghostly encounters,but no bigfoot/pig man/skunk ape type of things.

Lazer Brain
10-18-2005, 04:05 PM
hey Jpartner.... put down the crack pipe.lol.

my father in law says he has seen one out toward big bend park, so i believe anything is possible. i like ghost stories more...
nature has alot of explaining to do.

10-18-2005, 11:16 PM
Not too far away from where I live there is an old school/church/seminary/etc that is said to be haunted. Back when I was in high school a bunch of us went out there one night to check things out. One guy threw a small rock against one of the brick buildings and it made a ricochet sound. It got weird when kept hearing that same exact sound, the pitch did not change nor the decibel level, it continued to go on at a perfect intervils as if it were coming from a metronome. It wasn't too long before we decided to get the F out of there!

I did a quick search and found a site that has some info on the place. http://www.infiltraterz.com/jfk1.html

10-19-2005, 12:26 AM
I've had 2 or 3 experiences (depending how you see the last one):

Probably 10 years ago or so I was watching the kids across the street. I had known the family for years and they always told me that the house was haunted, but I didn't really believe it since I had been over there countless times over the years without seeing/hearing anything...until the night I watched the kids.
The kids and I were the only ones in the house and we were in the living room watching tv. Suddenly, I could clearly hear someone walking up and down the stairs. Scared the living **** out of me.
Still gives me the willies...

I also believe I was "visited" by a spirit. It was in November of 1996 and I had just gotten my N64 and was hooking it up in my room when I suddenly had the very distinct feeling that someone was in the room. And it wasn't just anyone - it was my Grandpa, who had died a month before. Not sure how I knew it was him, but i just knew. I wasn't scared at all that time. It was more of a comforting feeling than anything. I believe that it was his way of saying "goodbye."

Also, my apartment was haunted, I say "was" because the weirdness has pretty much stopped. There was nothing for the longest time, then the tv and lamp started turning on a few times a week all by themselves for about a month or two. Now, it seems to have stopped, with the exception of the occasional turning on of the same lamp (which I think it may be because it's a cheap *** ghetto lamp). Some say it was probably some sort of power surges, but I've never heard of surges that turn things on.