PDA

View Full Version : DCPI Nazi's!

sith_killer_99
10-15-2005, 12:39 AM
Beware the DCPI Nazi's!:whip:

Last week I went to the "nice" Target and was able to find that they indeed had the Coruscant Attack and Lava figures in the back stock room.

Knowing that the employees there are very friendly and helpful I went to the Customer Service desk and they hooked me up. The stocker pulled 2 Coruscant Attack sets and 1 of each Obi-Wan and Darth Vader.

Today I found out that there is a variation on the Coruscant Attack set and decided to visit a different Target. I punched in the DCPI code on the scanner and nothing happened. I hit all the scanners near the toy department and nothing. It seems the number keys were not working? Then I found one in the clothing department that worked and pow...there they were.

I went up to the Customer Service desk and turned on the charm. Warm, polite and friendly without overdoing it and seeming too fake or glib. I asked the lady working there is she knew when the items would be put out on the shelf.

"I have the DCPI code if you can look it up." I offered.

"Where did you get that?" she asked.

Uh oh, I've heard horror stories about this before...calm...polite..."From a friend." I replied.

"Where does your friend work?" she asked.

"I have no idea, he's just an online buddy." I responded.

She seemed a bit put off about the whole idea of some "civilian" having access to the sacred Target DCPI codes. To her credit she did not get rude or become confrontational, but she was clearly not happy about the situation.

She looked it up in the computer and called to the back room. She asked the stocker to pull one out for me.

"Oh, he's bringing one out?" I said.

Remember, all I asked her was if she knew when they were going to be put out. I did not ask them to pull 'em for me. The reason for this is because I had been to this Target before and they were notoriously tight with their "street date" stuff. If the box says 16 Oct, then that means 16 Oct, you get the idea. Also, I know that one of my local Target stores has already sold out of the exclusives, so I wanted to know which Target to hit at opening this weekend.

Well, a moment later the stocker called her back and she informed me that they would be put out on the 16th.

"Ok, so Sunday then. Thank you." and off I went.

On a side note I did notice that when she pulled up the info she said they had 15 of them in the store room, I thought these were shipping in packs of 4, I could be wrong, but if that's the case then someone may have already bought one of these sets. Does anyone know how many are in each box?

Anyway, I have heard horror stories about these DCPI Nazi's that get all upset when they know you have the DCPI codes. This was my first brush with one and it felt a little wierd.

Does anyone else have any DCPI stories?!?!

kool-aid killer
10-15-2005, 01:02 AM
No, nothing like that. But earlier this week i was walking around the toy aisle of a Target and i ran into a three employees moving stuff about and the "boss" of the group (she was ordering the other two around) asked me if she could help me find anything. You dont know how much i wanted to pop out my cell phone and look up the number but i was really worried that she would be suspicous/upset that i had the number (plus i know the whole song and dance about not being able to look in the back, so i didnt think it was worth trying) so i hesistated, hoping she would get the clue that i did but was unsure about asking (she didnt) and said no. Maybe i should have asked about another type of toy, and then asked about Star Wars, that way maybe off the bat she wouldnt thing im just another loony collector. It seems like every store has a horror story (or else employees would probably treat us better) about Star Wars fanatics that come back to bite us all in the butt.

decadentdave
10-15-2005, 03:18 AM
I met with some apprehension when using the DCPI inquiry at the Customer Service desk. Fortunately, the lady working there informed me that it is now policy not to check the stock room for collectible items when a guest requests a specific DCPI number but she informed me that she would make an exception, just this once, because I was polite to her and because I didn't ask for a whole case, just two each of the Mustafar Duel Obi-Wan and Anakin figures. Within minutes a fresh case was delivered to the service desk and I was happily on my way.

Today, however, I went to inquire about the DCPI# of the Utapau Shadow Trooper and was told that the number does not exist anywhere in the system and that a location check of available stores was imposible. The DCPI in the system was the next consecutive number from the Super Articulated Clone Trooper from earlier this year but no description or inventory status came up. The lady even let me browse the system with her. It would appear that the DCPI on this item has been temporaily suspended, perhaps due to the information leaking out, and may have been assigned another number.

Just remember, enforcement of store policy varies not only from store to store but also from associate to associate. Some team members are very customer friendly and others are not. I had one team member flat out lie and tell me that there was a zero location on a DCPI because she knew I was a collector so I went to another team member with one of those hand held gizmos and they confirmed stock room inventory and pulled them out for me. It is going to vary for each store. While I would say that it has been helpful to me in finding these exclusives, it has also been a method of abuse by other collectors and scalpers that purchase in mass quantities or buying entire case assortments at once and is the number one reason why most of these items never make it to the sales floor period. That said, it sure beats having to stand in line at 5 am like I had to do with Lava Vader just to get one lousy figure.

rich_of_the_dead
10-15-2005, 04:10 AM
is there anyway you could give me the dcpi's? so i could check my target here? they are pretty cool about checking for stuff if you can post it could u pm it? thanks everybody and have a great weekend:laugh:

JediTricks
10-15-2005, 05:04 AM
Just a quick note of advice, the DCPI numbers are on every shelf's price tag, there's a small UPC near the bottom of the tag which their employees scan with the handhelds to pop the DCPI in without them having to hand enter it, and just below that UPC (or is it above? I don't remember exactly, but it's definitely there) is the DCPI, it looks like this XXX-XX-XXXX. So next time they ask, just say you got it off the shelf tag (or for those more creative, the shelf tag from another Target, DCPIs are universal in their system throughout the chain).

Slicker
10-15-2005, 07:21 AM
is there anyway you could give me the dcpi's? so i could check my target here? they are pretty cool about checking for stuff if you can post it could u pm it? thanks everybody and have a great weekend:laugh:Yet again here it is.

087-06-0516 SW UTAPAU SHADOW TROOPER 26823
087-06-0566 SW UNLEASHED BATTLE 4 PK 85768
087-06-0576 SW BASIC FIGURE 3.75IN 85770
087-06-0588 SW TRANSFORMERS FIGURE 85722
087-06-0590 SW CHOPPERS VEHICLE 85773
087-06-0030 SW COLL CASE 5PACK 87010
087-06-0053 STAR WARS WRESTLING BUDDIES
087-06-0228 SW CLONE TROOPER ATTACK 5PK 85995
087-06-0245 DARTH CAPE 45" POLY CAPE
087-06-0298 SW MUSTAFAR DUEL FIGURES 85921
087-06-0447 SW M PIRE PLUSH BUDDIES 85795
087-06-1123 ATTACKTIX BATTLE CASE ASST.6806
087-06-1204 SW PLO KOONS JEDI STARFIGHTER 8577
087-06-1491 SW MPIRE FIG 2 PACK ASST. 85739
087-06-1496 SW TIE FIGHTER WITH FIGURE
087-06-1498 SW BACKPACK HEROS ASST. 85789

A search of the forums can yield answers.

rich_of_the_dead
10-15-2005, 07:50 PM
Yet again here it is.

087-06-0516 SW UTAPAU SHADOW TROOPER 26823
087-06-0566 SW UNLEASHED BATTLE 4 PK 85768
087-06-0576 SW BASIC FIGURE 3.75IN 85770
087-06-0588 SW TRANSFORMERS FIGURE 85722
087-06-0590 SW CHOPPERS VEHICLE 85773
087-06-0030 SW COLL CASE 5PACK 87010
087-06-0053 STAR WARS WRESTLING BUDDIES
087-06-0228 SW CLONE TROOPER ATTACK 5PK 85995
087-06-0245 DARTH CAPE 45" POLY CAPE
087-06-0298 SW MUSTAFAR DUEL FIGURES 85921
087-06-0447 SW M PIRE PLUSH BUDDIES 85795
087-06-1123 ATTACKTIX BATTLE CASE ASST.6806
087-06-1204 SW PLO KOONS JEDI STARFIGHTER 8577
087-06-1491 SW MPIRE FIG 2 PACK ASST. 85739
087-06-1496 SW TIE FIGHTER WITH FIGURE
087-06-1498 SW BACKPACK HEROS ASST. 85789

A search of the forums can yield answers.

thanks i really appriciate it am heading to target tomorrow and will ask them to check :):thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-16-2005, 01:57 PM
I just entered the DCPIs myself into a scanner dealy, and all of them were correct. The Target showed that all the exclusives except the clone were in the back, but the clone DCPI did indeed show that it was the Utapau Shadow Trooper. Maybe you got the wrong number?

JediTricks
10-16-2005, 02:44 PM
Just to clarify, I checked this last night, the DCPI number itself is actually the first thing just below the price, not near the barcode.

BlueSnags
10-16-2005, 03:47 PM
On a side note I did notice that when she pulled up the info she said they had 15 of them in the store room, I thought these were shipping in packs of 4, I could be wrong, but if that's the case then someone may have already bought one of these sets. Does anyone know how many are in each box?

Sithkiller,

They are 6 to a case. Anyone found the variant case yet? I heard a few reports on other sites, but nothing I trust. Supposedly there is a case with all grey troopers.

sith_killer_99
10-16-2005, 08:35 PM
They are 6 to a case. Anyone found the variant case yet?

6, hmm, stranger still! It seems that the non-collector friendly Target let 3 of the Clone sets go early. I had no luck tracking down the variant.:(

X13VADER
10-17-2005, 03:59 PM
I Have Seen A Four Gray Trooper With A Blueish Bacara Or Is That The Right One Not The Varient.

sith_killer_99
10-17-2005, 06:36 PM
That's the regular one, the variant has Clone Troopers only, no Baracca re-paint.

trandoshan666
10-18-2005, 10:53 AM
Man, I have never had any problems with running the numbers, or telling employees that I have them, at any Target anywhere. On occasion, I call Target, provide the numbers and ask employees if the items are in stock. I've never once been made to feel like I'm doing something that I shouldn't. That's ridiculously bad customer service. I would take it up with the manager if an employee acted like that.