PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Poster Book by Sansweet and Vilmur

Deoxyribonucleic
10-17-2005, 10:26 PM
This book is simply gorgeous!! There are SO many pictures in it...pure eyecandy in a nice hardcover with a cool dust jacket! Posters from all over the world from all six of the films, but mostly from the original trilogy!

http://www.starwars.com/eu/lit/ref/news20050816.html

oooo I love star wars books!! :love:

decadentdave
10-18-2005, 03:00 AM
Yes it is beautifully illustrated but not complete. All of the international one-sheets from Episode III are absent. Only the U.S. Teaser and Theatrical one-sheets are shown. Obviously this was compiled prior to the film's release but it is disappointing that the most striking promotional material from ROTS is not published. I was also surprised that several foreign one-sheets from the OT were absent as well including the Swedish ESB poster which is my personal favorite. I take it we can expect a second volume or an updated tome at some point but for now, it is quite a reference book to behold.

Jayspawn
10-19-2005, 01:18 AM
Its a beautiful book. Mine should be arriving in the mail tomorrow so I'm excited! I got to see one at Borders last week. It looks amazing!

Bel-Cam Jos
10-22-2005, 09:28 AM
I leaf through this one when I browse through bookstores. It is nice, but there's so many nice SW books out now, that I need to choose which ones are the nicest to buy right now, and those that I hope will still be around when the ol' budget says "now it's time."

Now, where were all these great books when the doldrums were going on?:(

2-1B
10-22-2005, 03:17 PM
That's how I feel too, Bel-Cam, for awhile I wasn't buying any SW books and now in these past few and future months there are lots that I want to get . . . all in due time, I guess. :)

Jayspawn
10-23-2005, 12:30 AM
I'm dropping a load on Star Wars books this fall as well.

My personal favorite is the A New Hope Style D. I like the style. I have one custom framed in my room.