PDA

View Full Version : Ee Has Pics Of The Hoth Wave!!!!!!!!!!

jjreason
10-18-2005, 01:29 AM
As per title, check them out and bow down in absolute AWE of the new Veers, Snowtrooper, Power Droid and Bryn Derlin figures. My God, I LOVE Hoth - this might be my most anticipated wave of figures EVER.

http://images.entertainmentearth.com/%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CHS85770Blg.jpg

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-18-2005, 01:36 AM
maybe i'm by myself on this one, but i love the look of that Vader. Good job, JJR! :crazed:

figrin bran
10-18-2005, 01:53 AM
i could do without the Rieekan but the rest of the wave looks pretty sweet! major derlin at last! i'll definitely be getting a few of the at-at drivers.

Slicker
10-18-2005, 01:58 AM
Holy good God!! We finally have a Veers with removable armor (or so it looks). The Bren Derlin figure is quite unexpected but I'm happy as hell to have one. The rest of the wave looks great as well. The new droid looks awesome and the Snowtrooper, to me, looks like an updated sculpt.

figrin bran
10-18-2005, 02:03 AM
Holy good God!! We finally have a Veers with removable armor (or so it looks). The Bren Derlin figure is quite unexpected but I'm happy as hell to have one. The rest of the wave looks great as well. The new droid looks awesome and the Snowtrooper, to me, looks like an updated sculpt.

i think the snowtrooper is the same as the saga version.

jjreason
10-18-2005, 02:07 AM
Yep, it sure does look like removable armor on Veers. That was the first thing I noticed, and I nearly peed. The ATAT Driver is just wicked - a very nice counterpart to the Saga TIE Pilot from 2003. Derlin is excellent, it looks just like John Ratzenberger. The Power Droid is very cool looking, and different from anything we've seen in plastic before. Darth and R2 look like repacks (ROTS versions?), but nice ones. Rieeken at first glance is also a repack - these won't cost me any money..... and the Snowtrooper kind of has me befuddled. It's not just a good pic of the Saga one, is it? I thought the face was new, but there's something about that non-bending right elbow, and the blaster loop on his belt that's ringing very familiar. Maybe he's a mix of old and new.

LTBasker
10-18-2005, 03:18 AM
R2's definitely new actually, you can see it has articulated feet and wheels on the bottom. Probably the same sculpt used for both the ROTS R4 units, which is REALLY cool.

Derlin looks like he uses the body and such from Riekan but modified a bit, which really works well. The AT-AT Driver was hugely unexpected but really great, using the OTC TIE Pilot body and Dutch Vander's flightsuit straps.

General Veers is just awesome with the removeable armor, I just wonder if he'll include a removeable cap or if he'll have an alternate head.

The Snowtrooper and Vader appear to be straight repacks though, as does Riekan somewhat but I doubt he'll come with the large screen. Kind of a shame, I'm hoping they'll do a super articulated (and accurate) version of the Snowtrooper(s). Oh well, hopefully later. Makes me wonder though if Vader will have any Hoth "snow" paint like the OTC Vader.

The Power Droid is really cool as well, even more unexpected than the AT-AT Driver and General Veers. I just hope that weird thing on top is easily removeable, it just looks goofy.

Overall, this wave is really awesome and alot better than the few new figures in the carkoon wave, I'm really looking forward to seeing more waves.

Tycho
10-18-2005, 03:25 AM
I love that Veers figure! I also plan on getting Mjr. Derlin and the Power Droid.

Sweet! I posted an update to our Top 50 list.

DarthBrandon
10-18-2005, 04:21 AM
Sweet frigin geesus, this is awesome.:thumbsup: :D :D :D :D :D

rich_of_the_dead
10-18-2005, 04:52 AM
just pre-ordered me up 3 cases of them gonna be sweet for my hoth display woohoo hasbro i love ya agagin

pegger
10-18-2005, 07:45 AM
Wow!

As I'm only collecting new or vastly improved versions of existing figures now (my completionist ways are now long gone) I'll definately be getting Veers, Derlin, AT-AT driver and Power droid... I'm actually really surprised at how good the AT-AT driver looks!...too bad they didn't overall the snow trooper (but good for my wallet that they didn't)

bobafrett
10-18-2005, 07:46 AM
Sweet! I'm lovin' it! (checks bank account) *sigh*

JEDIpartner
10-18-2005, 08:52 AM
I'm definitely down with Veers, AT-AT Driver and Derlin. If Artoo is based off the newest astromech mould, then I might get a couple and ditch a couple of the older ones. I'm passing on the powerdroid. I've always thought that one looked like "Power Droids on Ice performing 1001 Arabian Nights!"

Captain Spoon
10-18-2005, 09:06 AM
With the exception of Vader & Artoo (which they kind of have to put in every other frigg'n wave) and I have no complaints Veers and Derlin were fantastic suprises!!!! and Also it will be nice to have a carded Rieeken since I opened my Deluxe. The AT-AT Driver being re-tooled is mint too, now If they could re-pack the AT-AT for him to drive!! (hint, hint HASBRO!!)

dindae
10-18-2005, 09:45 AM
This wave is friggin' sweet. I'm really hoping Veer's chest plate and helmet are removable and he has another hat. Derlin and the power droid are good suprises. Great having a more articulated AT-AT driver. Like LTBasker the R2 looks like R4 repainted which is cool since I like the retractable leg. If they changed the Snowtrooper in anyway I will pick him up since it will add variance to the troops. Which would leave only Vader and Rieeken to pass on but they are decent choices considering the wave. Overall very pleased with the wave. :D

TheDarthVader
10-18-2005, 10:08 AM
I am trying to decide if that Vader is new in any way or just a repack. I am going to pass on Rieekan. The other figures look wonderful! I am going to get multiple snowtroopers for my AT-AT. I am also going to get two AT-AT drivers and two General Veers. Oh man is my wallet going to be sore after this wave hits.

B.
TDV

trandoshan666
10-18-2005, 10:28 AM
Wow, I really like these. I'll buy them all. I just hope they're easy enough to get.

CaptainSolo1138
10-18-2005, 10:58 AM
Veers is lookin' good. I like the AT-AT "pilot" as well. Might have to pick them fellas up when/if I see them.

Turbowars
10-18-2005, 11:02 AM
What a great wave we have here. I love the power droid. I like that they added the power couplers on his head! Something I never thought would happen!

Snowtrooper is the saga version,(kind of sucks)
Vader is the VOTC version (Bla, should had been the evolution version)
R2 is definitely a repaint of the ROTS Preview droid and R4-P17 (very cool)
Rieekan better come with a map board.
AT-AT Driver looks kind of strange. I think it;s his waist.

Description:
Star Wars - The Saga Collection 3 3/4-inch Basic Action Figure Assortment Wave 1 contains 12 individually packaged action figures based on the Battle of Hoth: 2x General Veers (Saga #7), 2x Major Bren Derlin (Saga #8), 2x AT-AT Driver (Saga #9), 1x R2-D2 (Saga #10), 2x Snowtrooper (Saga #11), 1x General Rieekan (Saga #12), 1x Darth Vader (Saga #13), 1x Power Droid (Saga #14). (Subject to change.)

Hasbro should put 2 Power droids in the case instead of 2 Saga SnowTroopers.

jedi master sal
10-18-2005, 12:03 PM
Repacks aside, this is an EXCELLENT wave. Derlin has been on the wanted list of many a collector for YEARS now and Hasbro pulled a big surprise with this one. Hmmm, maybe now we can convince Cliff to come to conventions. (He'll have something to actually sign!)

I'd have rather see Torryn Farr (Female Hoth Officer-"Standy by Ion Control...FIRE") For her they'd just need to do a new head on the previous Hoth Leia, wham new fig.

Still excellent choices over all.

AT-AT driver looks cool and I have a friend who is a Focus collector of AT-AT drivers. I know he'll be very happy about this.

The Snowtrooper could have been just a grunt instead of an officer. I would have bought more than one if that were the case. Or at least if he was SA. But neither happened, so I may pass on this one.

I'm not collecting this line for the cards, like I did for OTC. (Though any openers out there who carfeully cut the bubbles away and want to offload those cards, please contact me and we can work something out.)

I think Hasbro did a pretty good job with this wave. If I had to rate it, I'd give it a 3.5 out of 5.

-Sal

Devo
10-18-2005, 02:22 PM
Excellent wave. I had a feeling we'd get a Derlin for 2006 and he looks worth the wait. Some really great additions to echo base dioramas. I love that power droid and its been high on my ESB wishlist ever since the Sansweet action figure archive drew my attention to it - how cool it'll look next to the F/X X-wing, R-3PO etc. So with the necessary evil of repacks and repetition of core characters this aint too bad at all. Of course we still need more Echo base personel like Torryn Farr and the deck officer guys, snowspeeder pilots, Han with hood down etc. I hope Hasbro also get around to them.

El Chuxter
10-18-2005, 02:24 PM
Oh my, this is definitely making up for all these Lava Reflection fiascos of the past few months. :D

Darkness Shroud
10-18-2005, 02:40 PM
Nice!!! I am 30 years old and i want my "adult" hands on these now! I think these figures look great i was begining to get a little tied of the ROTS line. Especially with the exclusive figures pooping up. Reall good Hasbro! Now ship them to the UK nice and early!:whip:

Reverend Strone
10-18-2005, 04:49 PM
Nice work Hasbro!

I'll pass on the rest (already have Rieekan and enough R2s and Vaders to last a lifetime), but I expect to get multiples of the snowtrooper (missed out last time round), the great new AT-AT Driver, powerdroid (glad I didn't get around to customising my own version) and I'll definately pick up that fabulous new Veers. Derlin is a great little surprise. He's on my list. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-18-2005, 04:49 PM
Oh sweet God, this wave rules!!! I was definitely not expecting this when I heard we'd be getting a Hoth wave. It seems like Saga 2 will be half repacks, half new, which is fine by me - I'd rather they repack Vader a million times than make one that's slightly different.

General Veers looks fantastic, and it looks like he has removable armor! Holy hell!!!!
I never expected to see Major Derlin, so this is just fantastic.
I love how the AT-AT Driver uses leg tube-things similar to Dutch Vander's. This one looks great.
The power droid is another surprise, but definitely a welcome one. It looks like they just glued a new head on the old droid and repainted it, which is okay by me.
It looks like R2-D2 is a repaint of the 2005 astro droids, which is even better than VOTC, IMO (no light up main eye, no chrome dome).
More snowtroopers are always welcome, and the existing mold is fine.
John Kerry, er, General Rieekan is one I'll be skipping as he offers nothing new aside from a gun we've had on other figures. If he comes with that screen on a basic card I'll be a little mad . . .
Vader appears to actually be the 500th figure (note the stance, chain, and lack of shoulder ball articulation), which was an odd choice. I'll also skip this one.

If the rest of the line is as good as this, it will rule!!!

EDIT: After looking more at the pic, it looks like the snowtrooper has the 1997 arms put on the 2003 body, thus making him a grunt and not a commander. Sweet.

Turbowars
10-18-2005, 06:20 PM
I'm pretty sure the vader is the VOTC. The hands give it away. If that the case on the Snowtrooper it's cool with me.

Slicker
10-18-2005, 06:37 PM
Now I can't wait to see carded pics. I wanna see what kind of backgrounds they're gonna give these guys on the cards.

Reverend Strone
10-18-2005, 07:04 PM
My only hope for that power droid is that they have fixed the articulation so that he can stand more easily. The last one had to always stand tipped forward or back due to teh walking feature. I ended up glueing the feet on mine together so that he actually stood up properly. I would hope this new one is better in that respect. The picture looks promising.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-18-2005, 07:17 PM
I'm pretty sure the vader is the VOTC. The hands give it away. If that the case on the Snowtrooper it's cool with me.
No, in this picture at least it's the 500th, maybe with minor modifications. But, as I said above, his stance is the same (VOTC's was closer together), the chain hangs in exactly the same way as the 500th, it appears as though he only has swivel shoulder articulation, like the 500th, and his hands are definitely the same form the 500th (with the right hand being the extra one they packed in so he could hold his saber).

It's not the VOTC figure.

rust
10-18-2005, 09:29 PM
I think this is the year I'm going to buy cases.

The Hoth wave is awesome! I'm buying everyone except Riekeen (Cuz I have him). I predict, though, that Riekeen is going to be a major pegwarmer. Hopefully, Hasbro will ship him one per case.

Old Fossil
10-18-2005, 10:31 PM
My only hope for that power droid is that they have fixed the articulation so that he can stand more easily. The last one had to always stand tipped forward or back due to teh walking feature. I ended up glueing the feet on mine together so that he actually stood up properly. I would hope this new one is better in that respect. The picture looks promising.

You could always use the little clear rubber band thingies that come with figures to hold the legs in place, or just a regular small rubber band. Works fine for my GONK.

Yeah, I love this wave, too. The pics of the Carkoon wave had left me only mildly interested in Saga 2... gonna have to allocate some serious cash from the next income tax refund!!!:love:

Reverend Strone
10-18-2005, 11:58 PM
You could always use the little clear rubber band thingies that come with figures to hold the legs in place, or just a regular small rubber band. Works fine for my GONK...

Dang- that's a good idea. Thanks. 'Wish I had thought of that before popping open the glue. Ah, never mind. :)

jackson
10-23-2005, 12:16 AM
I for one am happy Riekan is getting a decent card...don't get me wrong, I love the deluxe version but the Saga cards look great! I'm tempted to sell some of my crappy OTCs for the new wave. And here's hoping for more VOTC's which is the reason I started collecting again. Thanks Hasbro!

evenflow
10-23-2005, 08:33 PM
Not a bad wave, i think i will be getting 5 or 6 of them.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-24-2005, 04:34 PM
In the process of taking every figure off my shelf and moving them into my sister's room so we can install new shelves in my room, I noticed that the 2003 TIE Fighter Pilot has waist and leg articulation veeeery similar to the AT-AT Driver from the new wave. I think their left arms might also be one and the same. It appears that this figure may not be completely new.

Slicker
10-24-2005, 04:37 PM
In the process of taking every figure off my shelf and moving them into my sister's room so we can install new shelves in my room, I noticed that the 2003 TIE Fighter Pilot has waist and leg articulation veeeery similar to the AT-AT Driver from the new wave. I think their left arms might also be one and the same. It appears that this figure may not be completely new.Now that I think of it they do look alike, the TIE Pilot and AT-AT Driver. Regardless it looks 10x better than the one that came with the AT-AT nearly 10 YEARS ago.

Old Fossil
10-25-2005, 09:29 PM
Now that I think of it they do look alike, the TIE Pilot and AT-AT Driver. Regardless it looks 10x better than the one that came with the AT-AT nearly 10 YEARS ago.

10 years? Has it been that long, nearly? Sheez, we're all gettin' old.:rolleyes:

Mad Slanted Powers
10-27-2005, 07:39 PM
I haven't been on this site much the past few weeks so I didn't find out about these figures until yesterday when I got a catalog from Entertainment Earth. I was quite pleased to see Derlin, a new Power Droid and a carded Veers that looks better than the one in the Assault on Hoth pack. The Snowtrooper is slightly different so that will be good for some variation in army building. Also, I think I only have one POTF2 AT-AT Driver, so I will get at least a couple of this one. I might pass on Vader and R2, though I am glad this one has a retractable leg.

Old Fossil
10-27-2005, 08:42 PM
I like the new AT-AT Driver fine, but I still love the old one. It was one of the best-detailed figs from the POTF2 line.

Battle Droid
11-03-2005, 10:23 PM
http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/hasbro/news20051103.html

Turbowars
11-03-2005, 11:27 PM
Yeah and check this out guys!

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/hasbro/img/20051103_veers_sm.jpg (javascript:popExpanded('collecting', '/collecting/news/hasbro/img/20051103_veers_bg.jpg', '')) General Veers (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/generalmaximilianveers/)
General Veers commanded the ground forces for Darth Vader (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/darthvader/)'s elite Imperial Death Squadron. He is sent to Hoth on a mission to crush the Rebel forces and destroy Echo Base (http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/echobase/). Includes Removable Helmet and Armor!!!!

Devo
11-04-2005, 12:41 PM
But will he have an officer's cap to replace the helmet with? Or is the cap sculpted on underneath the helmet? To me the gear being removeable would be almost moot otherwise since he never appeared in the film without something on his head. I'll get 3 Veers if he has a cap aswell - one for the AT-AT and 2 for his star destroyer scenes.

LTBasker
11-05-2005, 06:01 PM
I hope they made a huge mistake on the description for R2. It says the figure will have electronic light and sound, but the sculpt clearly shows the R4 sculpt with absolutely no mods to indicate electronics. Especially since the middle leg clearly has space to go up inside of R2, theres no way to cram the electronics in that much.

If we end up getting that stupid electronic R2 over the awesome-looking R4 repaint, well I'll just...erm...pout and complain on message boards! Oh, and not buy it.

pegger
11-05-2005, 09:12 PM
Looks like I won't be using this snowtrooper to army build....

MajikNinja
11-07-2005, 02:01 AM
I love the AT-AT driver. I was never able to find the older version of the driver... but then again i never really wanted it, it just seemed to be lacking something. but the new one is by far perfect. I think its amazing that the AT-AT driver was not even in the movie for more than 20 seconds and you barley saw them, but they are some peoples favorite Imperial Troops. They are mine.

Slicker
11-07-2005, 02:08 AM
Yeah and check this out guys!

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/hasbro/img/20051103_veers_sm.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:popExpanded('collecting', '/collecting/news/hasbro/img/20051103_veers_bg.jpg', '')) General Veers (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/generalmaximilianveers/)
General Veers commanded the ground forces for Darth Vader (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/darthvader/)'s elite Imperial Death Squadron. He is sent to Hoth on a mission to crush the Rebel forces and destroy Echo Base (http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/echobase/). Includes Removable Helmet and Armor!!!!That's that good stuff right there. I can't wait to buy this bad mamajamma. I'd like for him to have a cap but it's not entirely necessary.

BoShek
11-08-2005, 11:51 PM
I will get Veers and the Major Derlin but probably pass on the rest.

bobafrett
11-09-2005, 10:09 PM
I like the whole set! Better than that other Carkoon or whatever the hell that other set is on another thread.

Kidhuman
11-23-2005, 12:36 AM
Holy crap that is awesome. I love them. 2006 is shaping up nicely.

Tycho
01-25-2006, 06:26 AM
Rebelscum was posting their close-ups of Major Derlin and I just had to edit one of their photos. :D Enjoy.