PDA

View Full Version : Sign the Ice Cream Maker Guy Petition!

Turbowars
10-18-2005, 12:57 PM
http://www.petitiononline.com/icmg/petition.html

There's only about 1700 sigs and we need more!!

Rogue II
10-18-2005, 04:46 PM
If I wasn't so lazy, I'd do a search for the old thread on this. Are they seriously trying to revive this thing? Why put the effort into a character like this and not a character who is actually on people's want list?

Captain Spoon
10-18-2005, 05:09 PM
who the hell is the ice cream maker guy??

Turbowars
10-18-2005, 05:30 PM
If I wasn't so lazy, I'd do a search for the old thread on this. Are they seriously trying to revive this thing? Why put the effort into a character like this and not a character who is actually on people's want list?LOL, he is on people's want lists. BTW this is the 1st I have heard of this petition. There's no harm in it.

The ice guy can be seen running though the halls of Bespin. Lucas gave the guy a electric ice maker to hold. It's the strangest thing. edit Here's the old thread. http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=10508&highlight=ice+cream+petition

Reverend Strone
10-18-2005, 05:38 PM
Er, okay, or maybe not. Best of luck guys, but I reckon this guy has peg-warmer written all over him.

Turbowars
10-18-2005, 05:40 PM
yeah, you are probably right, so don't sign.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-18-2005, 06:19 PM
I won't sign the petition unless the petition is changed itself to include wording lobbying Hasbro to include a mini-snowcone maker device as an accessory to this figure (similar to the Snoopy Snowcone maker for those who had one during the 1980's).

Slicker
10-18-2005, 07:44 PM
Heck yes I signed. Old idea or not we need an ICMG!!

Rogue II
10-18-2005, 10:08 PM
Here's the old thread. http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=10508&highlight=ice+cream+petition

Wow, you found it. I can't believe that thread is over 2 years old.:cross-eye

Ji'dai
10-18-2005, 10:24 PM
Sure, Hasbro will make this one. It'll be a Target exclusive and cost $15.

And you know what yer gonna get don't ya? A repainted ROTS Bail Organa with that little fishtank that came with Taun We.

JimJamBonds
10-19-2005, 12:06 AM
who the hell is the ice cream maker guy??

http://www.jedidefender.com/image.pl?/spearson/ecg.gif

Although it looks kind of a like a dehydrator to me.

Jayspawn
10-19-2005, 01:26 AM
I've signed the petition before. I dont really collect figures anymore but I'd buy the Guy with the Ice Cream Maker. I think its a hoot!

rich_of_the_dead
10-19-2005, 05:56 AM
who in there right mind would even want a figure of a guy unning in the back ground on esb come on dont waste hasbros time lets make a petition for a good figure

Slicker
10-19-2005, 06:19 AM
who in there right mind would even want a figure of a guy unning in the back ground on esb come on dont waste hasbros time lets make a petition for a good figure*sigh*:rolleyes:

It's called a joke. No one really expects the figure to get made.

dindae
10-19-2005, 09:22 AM
who in there right mind would even want a figure of a guy unning in the back ground on esb come on dont waste hasbros time lets make a petition for a good figure

While he doesn't even break my top 100 figures to make I would buy him if he were made. But then no one ever said I was in my right mind. :crazed:

Jayspawn
10-19-2005, 10:04 AM
Please, he'd be a LOT better then some of the swill that Hasbro's been coming out with latley.

TheDarthVader
10-19-2005, 12:05 PM
I have already signed this petition years ago. I would buy an ICMG! I would rather have a ICMG than: a repack Vader, a repack Emperor, a repack Luke, a repack Obi Wan, a repack Anakin, a repack Han, a repack R2, a repack C3PO, a repack Leia, a repainted figure in which the paint did not improve that figure that much, Han Solo in At-St disguise, a wide stance telescoping lightsaber Anakin, a wide stance gimmicky Padme, a repack Padme, a horrible face-sculpted Mace Windu, or a repacked Battle Droid. In fact, a repacked anything that isn't a clone or stormtrooper/snowtrooper would not be as good.

B.
TDV

ROTJLuke
10-19-2005, 01:51 PM
I could see this being a pegwarmer too. Us collectors would buy, but kids wont.

Slicker
10-19-2005, 02:02 PM
I could see this being a pegwarmer too. Us collectors would buy, but kids wont.Are you kidding?!? What kid wouldn't want a Willrow Hood action figure sitting under the tree.

Kid: Wow!? Who's this lame a55 figure that's carrying a propane tank? Do you really hate me this much mommy?

El Chuxter
10-19-2005, 02:46 PM
I can see it now:

"Willrow Hood: Bespin Ice Cream Vendor"

He'll sell more than the Neimoidian Warrior, that's for sure.

plasticfetish
10-19-2005, 04:04 PM
Sure, Hasbro will make this one. It'll be a Target exclusive and cost $15.My understanding is that he'll be a pack-in figure with Star Wars Battlefront III, where he'll be a playable character. :D

I'd always thought that this would make a really cool Con exclusive figure...

CaptainSolo1138
10-19-2005, 04:28 PM
My understanding is that he'll be a pack-in figure with Star Wars Battlefront III, where he'll be a playable character. :D
Duh! That's been confirmed for quite some time now. He's replacing the Endor chick as the Rebel sniper. And instead of thermal detantors he hurls tasty ice cream treats, kinda like the Green Goblin and his pumpkin bombs. Except for the pumpkins.

plasticfetish
10-19-2005, 04:37 PM
kinda like the Green Goblin and his pumpkin bombs. Except for the pumpkins.hahahahaha.

BoShek
10-20-2005, 10:37 AM
1646 right now. Keep it going.

TheDarthVader
10-22-2005, 12:59 AM
I mean, come on guys. There is a tiny chance that this guy will ever be made. Why not just sign that petition? What if we get up to 5,000 signatures? I would almost bet that Hasbro would make the figure then. Well maybe not, but we'd still have 5000 signatures for him! :D

B.
TDV

JimJamBonds
10-22-2005, 01:28 AM
I mean, come on guys. There is a tiny chance that this guy will ever be made. Why not just sign that petition? What if we get up to 5,000 signatures? I would almost bet that Hasbro would make the figure then. Well maybe not, but we'd still have 5000 signatures for him! :D

B.
TDV

I don't think 5k would do it, it wouldn't take long for a couple of people to sign 5,000 bogus names. 20k I think would get Hasbro's attention.

TheDarthVader
10-23-2005, 01:37 AM
My gosh! Someone quoted me! There are people who read my posts! YAY!

B.
TDV

I think 5K is a great start. ;)

JimJamBonds
10-23-2005, 01:56 AM
My gosh! Someone quoted me! There are people who read my posts! YAY!

B.
TDV

I think 5K is a great start. ;)

Sorry Sir this will be the last time it ever happens. ;)

Turbowars
10-25-2005, 12:40 AM
Man, this thread has been hit 250+ times and only 9 people have signed it after me? Either they all signed it already or they are too lazy to sign it.:cross-eye

plasticfetish
10-25-2005, 01:22 AM
Man, I swear that I signed that or some other "make the ice cream maker guy" petition. Is there more than one?

JawaJoe
10-25-2005, 07:39 AM
I signed. Ice cream guy would be great in a bespin 3 pack or something.

mtriv73
10-26-2005, 05:57 PM
I signed it too, but I hope Hasbro holds off on him for the 750th figure.:thumbsup:

TheDarthVader
10-26-2005, 07:14 PM
C'mon people. Look at Turbo Wars' cat! LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT! It sure looks pitiful and sweet. It's beggin' you to sign that gosh d*mn petition right now! So do it! Lets make Turbo Wars' cat happy. LOOK AT IT!

Mr.Bonds, I hope that it isn't the last time. Signed, GoLdFiNgErS

B.
TDV

Turbowars
10-26-2005, 09:21 PM
C'mon people. Look at Turbo Wars' cat! LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT! It sure looks pitiful and sweet. It's beggin' you to sign that gosh d*mn petition right now! So do it! Lets make Turbo Wars' cat happy. LOOK AT IT!

Mr.Bonds, I hope that it isn't the last time. Signed, GoLdFiNgErS

B.
TDVLOL, yeah look at it damn it! It's from www.rathergood.com (http://www.rathergood.com)

OCB
10-29-2005, 03:31 PM
http://red6.home.insightbb.com/Aliens/Cloud/hood.jpg

Thanks to everyone for keeping the dream alive...a few fun facts:

#1 Porkins and Wuher were made after successful petition runs
#2 I started this mainly as a joke and I don't expect to ever be made, but the fact that people still want him, that to me says I started someting;)
#3 To say that people don't want him or there are more wanted characters is not true, I've seen him on many people's wishlists (as per a poll taken last year at JediDefender)

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=8983.0

I'd take a repaint, I'd take a new sculpt. I made my own but its still not the real thing:

http://www.jedidefender.com/news/images/2-03/icmgcustom.jpg

TheDarthVader
10-29-2005, 07:10 PM
I have been serious about getting this figure made since my first post. I am not kidding...I would love to have this figure made!

Mr.Bonds, look at turbo's post above...ha! He has quoted me. Signed, GoLdFiNgErS

B.
TDV

Turbowars
10-30-2005, 09:07 PM
LOL! Hey I see there has been a few new sigs, keep them coming!

Darth Cruel
11-06-2005, 12:06 AM
I don't think some of your hearts are in this. Of course we collectors want this guy! Along with every main character, supporting character, and every extra with a rediculous prop in the movie.