PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Titanium pics!!!

Jangu Fett
10-18-2005, 03:16 PM
First Wave of the 2006 Titanium series ships CHeck it out!!!

http://images.entertainmentearth.com//AUTOIMAGES/HS34558Alg.jpg

Also EE has for pre-order Ultra Titanium ARC-170 and Droid Tri-Fighter. The first waves of the 3 inch Titanium and SW Transformers

britcit3
10-18-2005, 05:07 PM
I want a fleet of those Star Destroyers.

Bc3

darktrooper7
10-18-2005, 08:43 PM
The Arc-170 and the Tri-Fighter look sweeeeet! The only (maybe) disappointment is that it says they come with "premium display case"- does that mean no more AF display stands? If thats the case, we really could be seeing the last bastion of AF being washed away....kind of like the empire replacing the republic ay ;) lol

And i bet there are ZERO play features on any of these too...but oh well :(

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS34560AA#LargeImage

Slicker
10-19-2005, 01:42 AM
I really like the way these Titaniums are looking. I've gotten all of the ones released and these 4 look like they'll be in my possesion too.

As for the display cases I like 'em. I'm not one of those hardcore old school AF guys *ignores boos and hisses* so I won't be upset that they're getting rid of the stands.

sicqnus
10-19-2005, 05:54 AM
Clone Tank = Juggernaut. I was wrong but it will do it for me. Great.
The 6" looks great. Nice display models. The boxes are top notch ! (don't know yet if they are the final product or not) Exactly what I always thought it should be. Solid, nicely made to display the toys. The toys could easily be unscrewed from the base and then put back into the box for storage. Very nice !

The ANH white Tie fighter is a very coll thing too.

JediTricks
10-19-2005, 03:37 PM
After seeing the wanton destruction that befell Warstar's Titanium Ultra packaging, I am not surprised they're switching to this sort of case for the packaging. The vehicles look nice, but I hope they do have moving parts such as the wings on the ARC-170.

The 3" vehicles look good too, but I don't like that the gray TIE will be a "treasure hunt" shortpacked 1-per-case item

LTBasker
10-19-2005, 06:40 PM
Say what?! They're going to be doing that chase vehicle rubbish as well? How freaking ridiculous.

JediGoofy
10-20-2005, 04:01 AM
About the gray TIE Fighter variant, shortpacked 1-per-case, I cannot understand why Hasbro is doing this! :confused:

I think the price will be the same as the other Titanium vehicles, so Hasbro is going to get the same amount of money (surely less than what they could have got if it was normally available, because a lot more people would have bought this nice variation, imho). While scalpers and eBay sellers will surely make us collectors pay a lot! :(

Does Hasbro really hate us? Or is there a simple explanation for this? Does Hasbro think if a lot of people are looking for a rare item they will buy other unwanted items just for frustration? :confused:

Bho?

Ciao,
JediGoofy

Slicker
10-20-2005, 05:36 AM
Once word gets around that they're one per case it's all over. HW guys'll be all over this one.

JediTricks
10-20-2005, 08:34 PM
Like Slicker said, it's a Hot Wheels kind of thing, it moves cases which is important to retailers. The flip side which Hasbro doesn't think about though is that it also causes pegwarming prematurely which stops up sales.

But we already have a great die cast TIE in this line, so I'm not worried too much about this piece, it'd be nice to have but it's not a new mold or anything.

LTBasker
10-20-2005, 09:53 PM
True, but it is really nice looking. The thing that gets me most though is that it's going to attract the wrong sort of crowd- HW and misc. scalpers.

It's seems like no matter where you go, HW scalpers are horrible. Even here we've got those fanatic HW scalpers that literally race to the toy aisles early in the morning for the fresh hotwheels. I hate the thought of having to battle them.

vulcantouch
10-20-2005, 10:45 PM
-"i look Forward to it!" (laughs) -dukat to weyoun, DS9's "sacrifice of angels" :evil:
the key to battling hotwheel scalpers is making their weaponry your own. since the chief weapon in their arsenal is simple hygenic repugnance, just match it; not bathing for a few days oughta do the trick. that, plus a seeming obliviousness to the western world's standard personal space radius, plus a few targeted exhales of 4-day-old ranch-dorito breath in their direction during "friendly conversation" should yield some choice pole position for you. best of all, if you stink Enough you'll hardly smell Them at all :dead:
having said all that, judging from above-linked pic it looks like the only two i'd be interested in -tank & venator- might be disappointingly executed, namely the unsubtle scoring overemphasized by excessive "weather/shadowing" paintwashes :p
"revenge would just be lowering ourselves to their level"
"i know; i Want that level" -crispin glover & jake busey, Fast Sofa :yes:
vt

shinakuma43
10-21-2005, 11:28 AM
I don't like the idea of it being one per case either. I just had to preorder a case from EE paying 10.00 plus shipping above retail and will have extras of the others.

The Hot Wheels guys don't surprise me, if they're going to make quick money on something Hot Wheels are perfect. They cost about 1.00 and if the Treasure Hunts sell for about 25.00, it's a 2500% sale. Hopefully they aren't too interested in the Tie Fighter, if it sells for 25.00 it's only a 500% increase. From there you can probably figure out why they don't take care of themselves. If they can make 25.00 for every 1.00 they spend, why take money and buy things like toothpaste, Deoderant, shampoo, tooth brushes, razors, shaving cream, and soap when they can use the money for more cars. It's also to thier benefit not to buy any of those things, it keeps others away who don't want to deal with the smell as they are ripping through the cases :)

Later,
S43

LTBasker
10-21-2005, 01:25 PM
the key to battling hotwheel scalpers is making their weaponry your own. since the chief weapon in their arsenal is simple hygenic repugnance, just match it; not bathing for a few days oughta do the trick. that, plus a seeming obliviousness to the western world's standard personal space radius, plus a few targeted exhales of 4-day-old ranch-dorito breath in their direction during "friendly conversation" should yield some choice pole position for you. best of all, if you stink Enough you'll hardly smell Them at all :dead:

Forget all that, I'll just buy one of those stun guns with the launching stun prods. :whip:

Or sneak amongst them and be like the wind...casually flowing through and taking what I want. :ninja:

Or, just hope that they don't get interested in them. At one Wal-Mart the Titaniums are in the same aisle as the Hotwheels (and only a couple feet from them, but on the opposite side). At the local one they're spaced really far from the main Hotwheels section, but it puts them right beside an endcap of what's gotta be over a hundred pegs for hotwheels. :hurt:

vulcantouch
10-21-2005, 02:46 PM
-"it's either unleash my stench or just hope in mister worf's ability to lie. and frankly i have more faith in my bad breath"- dukat (paraphrased) to sisko, "apocalypse rising" ;)
i got some casually flowing Wind for them; unlike stunguns, ain't no law against deploying That :evil:

LTBasker
10-21-2005, 05:17 PM
After reading that, disturbing images abound on how exactly you talk down prices in scalper shops. :p

Warstar
10-23-2005, 01:07 AM
I physically *shuddered* when I read "Treasure Hunt" associated with that "TIE Fighter." Being a completist is HELL...

...except...

I'm 1/2 tempted to buy a case from Entertainment Earth just so I get the TIE Fighter, and then, well, I'd be willing to sell the extras to the rest of everyone here at cost + shipping...

Of course EE is selling them at a rather decent mark-up, so if these things end up clogging shelves, well, then there ya go.

I saw Wave 3 at Wal-Mart again tonight- all 5 of them- hanging around. ****es me off, esp. since I paid $12 for a TIE Bomber, I am trying to sell an extra TIE Bomber I got (because the auction took a while) and an ARC-170 as a pair on Ebay for starting bid of cost and they didn't sell after 5 days. Argh. :cry:

Still, it looks like there will be a LOT of Titaniums to get this year according to Rebel Scum. I bet, however, that the line will die mid-year, and the last wave will be HELL to get.

Just my prediction.

JediTricks
10-23-2005, 01:22 AM
True, but it is really nice looking. The thing that gets me most though is that it's going to attract the wrong sort of crowd- HW and misc. scalpers.

It's seems like no matter where you go, HW scalpers are horrible. Even here we've got those fanatic HW scalpers that literally race to the toy aisles early in the morning for the fresh hotwheels. I hate the thought of having to battle them.
If it works and keeps the line alive, I'll accept it. If it hurts the line, I'll blast 'em for it. I'm fickle that way. :p

As for the HW scalpers, I really don't like that world either, they've helped ruin SW pretty badly with their cross-line scalping behavior, plus - as someone who enjoys buying and OPENING the occasional HW car - they've really messed up a great toy line the way Mattel caters to them so.

the key to battling hotwheel scalpers is making their weaponry your own. since the chief weapon in their arsenal is simple hygenic repugnance, just match it; not bathing for a few days oughta do the trick. that, plus a seeming obliviousness to the western world's standard personal space radius, plus a few targeted exhales of 4-day-old ranch-dorito breath in their direction during "friendly conversation" should yield some choice pole position for you. best of all, if you stink Enough you'll hardly smell Them at all Nope, this won't help at all. These guys are relentless, they don't care about anything. The only way to really fight them is to join them and scalp them before they scalp you, I suspect, or at least take a bunch of Treasure Hunts and open them right before their eyes, playing with them and wearing off the special paint. :D

judging from above-linked pic it looks like the only two i'd be interested in -tank & venator- might be disappointingly executed, namely the unsubtle scoring overemphasized by excessive "weather/shadowing" paintwashesTry not to prejudge, Hasbro's prototype phototype department has been a little crazy with the weathering and when the final product comes out it's totally unweathered.

The Hot Wheels guys don't surprise me, if they're going to make quick money on something Hot Wheels are perfect. They cost about 1.00 and if the Treasure Hunts sell for about 25.00, it's a 2500% sale. Hopefully they aren't too interested in the Tie Fighter, if it sells for 25.00 it's only a 500% increase. From there you can probably figure out why they don't take care of themselves. If they can make 25.00 for every 1.00 they spend, why take money and buy things like toothpaste, Deoderant, shampoo, tooth brushes, razors, shaving cream, and soap when they can use the money for more cars.I've seen these guys sell cars for as little as $1.50, anything to make sure they make a profit, and if they are stuck with them later they barely take up space and can sell for a dollar pretty much any time (assuming they can't find some moronic TRU employee who won't just give them a full refund for returning a nearly-full case - which they suckered a previous employee into selling them in the first place - of 9-month-old cars that nobody wants anymore). So high-profit isn't their goal, they eventually see their shopping time as absolutely worthless and therefore any profit is somehow a gain to them even when they're actually losing money in time, gas, storage, ebay fees, etc..

Forget all that, I'll just buy one of those stun guns with the launching stun prods.

Or sneak amongst them and be like the wind...casually flowing through and taking what I want.
I always hope that some day one of our sympathizers will get a cart full of various shopping standards, wait for a scalper to come by and start some crap over a few HW then call the store manager over and point out that they were there first AND were buying more than just a few toy cars while the other "gentleman" would likely buy an entire case thus depriving true customers of the good new cars AND then dumping most of that unsold case back on the store months later when they were unsellable. :evil:

LTBasker
10-23-2005, 01:34 AM
That would be pretty fun to see, though not real sure if anybody working would care.

"Saw" the Ultra titaniums at Wal-Mart today, though I didn't actually get to see anything besides their packaging because they were up on the top shelf. Which is actually a good thing because I don't have any money till Friday, so hopefully no one else will notice them and I'll be able to snag'em. :D

It was somewhat weird though, a few feet from them on the shelf there was this 3 feet tall dual stack of 1:43 Corgi batmobiles! Hard to believe since this was a top shelf in the figure aisle and the Batmobiles' area is nearly empty over in the die-cast/hotwheels aisle.

Warstar, I'm surprised you're having trouble selling those two. They seem to be the top sellers as it's always the other 3 that are left-over.

JediTricks
10-23-2005, 01:39 AM
There are 2 types of managers, those who take real customers very seriously, and those who have been brought under the powers of the scalpers - those are an evil lot indeed, my area is swarming with them, but I suspect well-crafted threats of complaining to the corporate bureaucracy (aka their evil overlords) may be enough to get them to think twice about their wicked misdeeds. And then you nark 'em out anyway. :D

StarmanSkywalker
10-23-2005, 04:52 AM
Can't wait for the Republic Star Destroyer (Vendator Class), the Juggernaut Clone Tank and the Speeder Bike.

When can we expect the first pics of the 6" ARC-170 Starfighter to surface?
What Titaniums will be part of wave two other than the Tri-Droid?

Warstar
10-25-2005, 05:37 PM
Warstar, I'm surprised you're having trouble selling those two. They seem to be the top sellers as it's always the other 3 that are left-over.

So am I- the opening bid is retail. I threw "Lot" in the auction title and changed it around- so hopefully they'll sell this time. I am still trying to off-set the $12 I paid for the TIE Bomber...if the Buy-It-Now sells at $15 for them both, it'll be nice 'cause then the TIE Bomber cost me $7.50 in the end, and that ain't so bad...

Ebay and PayPal fees SUCK though...and SirSteve's auction house here doesn't get enough visitors or sales to interest me in signing up.

*Waits for JT's response on that one*

JediTricks
10-25-2005, 05:45 PM
cough*scalper*cough

c'mon, you were begging for it! :p

Warstar
10-25-2005, 06:00 PM
cough*scalper*cough

c'mon, you were begging for it! :p

"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe."

:p

I was truly begging on that one...:)

...though I try not think of myself that way. In the end, even with selling my 3 3/4 collection, I do wonder if I am truly making money or not- esp. when you consider the gas costs for toy hunting over 10+ years, the storage unit costs ($70 a month for 4+ years), moving costs (hundreds for renting trucks, gas, etc.) and rent for places large enough to put it all...

I don't think I'm breaking even. In fact, I'd say I probably lost money.

We need a new definition. What do you call a "scalper" who has overall lost money? :p

LTBasker
10-25-2005, 07:37 PM
Usually I would say it's Justified but this is not a usual case, cause it's actually a shame in this case.

But you're not like those ones whom I like to see get their scalping empires destroyed so it's not justifying at all. I'm so confused! :crazed:

Warstar
10-26-2005, 04:41 PM
Tell me about it- I am confused too...I got into all this with the intent to keep- not sell- but I'm not made of money, and, admittedly, Hasbro's 3 3/4 line from the old days has lost its luster. That didn't stop me from buying a few ROTS Clone Troopers to keep, however :D

Back to the topic:

We have the list of 2006 Titaniums- any bets on how many will actually be produced? Think Hasbro will kill the line?

AndyW
10-27-2005, 02:04 PM
Oh man, more great stuff, although that lighter TIE holds very little interest to me. But Venator Class Star Destroyers, oh my, I need to get me a fleet of those!

JediTricks
10-27-2005, 09:50 PM
"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe."Yeah, and that worked out *so well* for him in the end, huh? :p

We need a new definition. What do you call a "scalper" who has overall lost money? A scalper who finally has seen the light. Considering all the junk they end up not being able to move, I don't know 1 scalper who REALLY makes money when all is said and done, it just feels like it because it's a little bit of gambling and a little bit of getting something for nothing.

vulcantouch
10-28-2005, 12:11 AM
-so long as they ain't in smellovision, you'll be fine :crazed:

ws: "What do you call a 'scalper' who has overall lost money"
-either "portrait of karma" or "muse for the world's smallest violin", take yer pick :evil: and if you're gonna make things This easy for me i know what to call You: barrel-fish lol

jt: "Nope, this won't help at all"
-ladies & gents i give you jt aka our foruMM's wettest blanket, how bout a hand for him everyone :ermm::tired::upset::whip:

AndyW
10-28-2005, 09:06 AM
Well I gave in and pre-ordered these. Was going to get them off EE but they want $75 for the set plus....wait....$50 for shipping to Europe. Cheeky frackers, its about $10 max for airmail 7-10 days. So sod them.

Checked Action HQ and they've got the set for pre-order for a much more reasonable $35, and $11 shipping. And seeing as I saved a bit of money I grabbed a Titanium Ultra Gunship, as my AF Gunship is safe in its box back in the UK.

They are saying November 2005 (end of) for release, although EE its saying January. Hope its the earlier, I gotta get my hands on that Venator.

Warstar
10-28-2005, 05:18 PM
ws: "What do you call a 'scalper' who has overall lost money"
-either "portrait of karma" or "muse for the world's smallest violin", take yer pick :evil: and if you're gonna make things This easy for me i know what to call You: barrel-fish lol

*Swims around in his barrel*

Go ahead- take a few more shots :D

JediTricks
10-28-2005, 10:37 PM
"muse for the world's smallest violin"That was a good one!

jt: "Nope, this won't help at all"
-ladies & gents i give you jt aka our foruMM's wettest blanket, how bout a hand for him everyone :ermm::tired::upset::whip:Hey, it's not my fault you didn't come up with a better plan, I just call 'em like I see 'em. And I'll point out that you haven't been exactly boasting of engaging in that master strategy yourself so far, much less reporting back positive results. :p

haggie
10-31-2005, 04:01 PM
So... I guess I finally have reason to pop back in, eh? I've been lurking around here about once every three months or so. After the long, drawn-out death of AF, I just couldn't harbor any more excitement to keep me conviced that the line might come back. I've been reading about the Titaniums going AF size and have just been holding my breath. Just last night I saw the ARC-170 and Tri-Fighter in the latest issue of Previews. Wow. I can't believe it: call them what you want but the reality is that Action Fleet are really BACK! For someone who was always up on the news, I'm amazingly behind here (and the SWAF site is currently down due to server migration issues so I can't post anything up there yet).

So, if I'm reading this right, the X-Wing and Gunship are the only two AF size vehicles out right now and are only at WM? ARC-170 and Tri-Fighter are the only upcoming AF size vehicles that we've seen any photos of, right?

I'm going to WM tonight!

LTBasker
10-31-2005, 05:03 PM
That's right, Haggie. Good to see you posting again! Gunship and X-Wing are currently out with a pricepoint of $20 each. Personally, I think they did a superb job with'em. The X-Wing looks really nice in metal and they did a better paintjob on the Gunship than last time. Like, they actually painted the white stripes on the side-turrets. :D

haggie
10-31-2005, 08:42 PM
Well, no sign of them at the WM I went to. Glad to hear the deco is nice. $20 is a bit steep but I don't mind paying if the quality is there. I'll probably pass on the X-Wing but I'll definitely pick up the Gunship. I already have an AF one but it's my fave SW vehicle so I don't mind paying for an upgrade. :D

sicqnus
11-01-2005, 05:04 PM
Hi Haggie, the ARC-170 and Tri-Fighter are the only upcoming new metal AF (unveiled at this moment) but you can expect the usual recasts like Millenium Falcon, Slave One, AT-AT and Snowspeeder for 2006.

haggie
11-03-2005, 02:57 PM
You'd think Hasbro would have learned from their AF rehash disaster. Now they are going to rerelease the exact same ships again, but at double the cost this time. Nice move Hasbro. Maybe it's not too early to assume that the line will be dead once again. :(

AndyW
11-04-2005, 03:54 AM
Noticed on the news page and on rebelscum that there are some boxed pictures of Wave 5. Plus it also confirms once again these are not exclusives, so theres a high chance of these making it overseas, which is very good news.

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/hasbro/img/20051103_titan_cruiser_bg.jpg
http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/hasbro/img/20051103_titan_tie_bg.jpg
http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/hasbro/img/20051103_titan_tank_bg.jpg
http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/hasbro/img/20051103_titan_speeder_bg.jpg

And some better (LARGE) pics of the Ultra ARC-170 and Tri-Fighter...

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/TSUarcfighter2.jpg
http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/TStrifighter2.jpg

Now they look really impressive, not a huge fan of the display cases, but it wouldn't make me not get them, not when that ARC-170 looks so good, same goes for the Tri-Fighter.

And a bit a strange news item on Rebelscum, pictures of the Jango AOTC version of Slave One. Make no mention of what else is in the Wave or what Wave it will be in. Can only presume it will be in Wave 6. Pics here, boxed too...

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/TSslave1aotc-2.jpg
http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/TSslave1aotc-1.jpg

Pretty good stuff, would like to know what else will come with Slave One, and can't wait to get those Ultras.

AndyW
11-04-2005, 09:49 AM
The announcement is now on Hasbro's website...

But theres a strange tidbit of info here...

The Battle-ravaged Millennium Falcon, Wookiee Flyer, Darth Vader’s TIE Fighter, Jedi Starfighter (Version 2), Royal Starship, and Tyderium Shuttle 3" Vehicles will be now be part of the 2006 collection and will be available in the spring.

Erm, that Wave is already out, minus the Tyderium Shuttle and Darth Vaders TIE of course.

JediTricks
11-04-2005, 02:42 PM
The overspray on the 6" Droid Tri-fighter looks really cheap, too much silver, and the detail on the sculpting doesn't look like a major step up from the 3" version, I probably will buy the Ertl/RC2 die cast model instead. The ARC-170 looks ok though, but I hope the various parts like the wings actually move.

Oh, and I merged these 2 threads together since they're both about '06 Titanium pics.

darktrooper7
11-04-2005, 09:57 PM
[quote=JediTricks]The ARC-170 looks ok though, but I hope the various parts like the wings actually move.quote]

Going from the link below it would appear they dont move since all it says is "ARC-170 starfighter (with opening cockpit) and the droid Tri-Fighter (with rotating cockpit)." So by the sounds of it, playfeatures = 0 :sad:

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/hasbro/news20051103.html

They are also showing boxed versions of the DV and Boba Titaniums figures.

britcit3
11-05-2005, 07:15 AM
Sweet as a nut!!

britcit3
11-05-2005, 07:17 AM
Comparison pics

AndyW
11-09-2005, 05:39 AM
Thanks for merging them JT.

Britcit, the Collectors Set 2 pics are good, especially the Blue ARC-170. Mine should be here any day.

Some news on Galactic Hunter today, Wave 5 has grown to include the AOTC Jango's Slave 1 (that I posted the other day) and the Death Star.

Hi res pics here... http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=5075&zoneid=2

Nice wave, although its the Venator I am bursting to get at.

One question though, I've pre-ordered this Wave from Action HQ, and its listed as "Star Wars Walmart Titanium Series Wave 5 Set of 3 Die-Cast Vehicles". Wonder if they'll adjust the order to include the new ships in the Wave?

britcit3
11-09-2005, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the heads up Andy

Have just changed my order at Action HQ to the set of 6 - as I am presuming that the unphotographed 2 Titaniums are Slave 1 & the DS.

Nice one

BC3

AndyW
11-09-2005, 01:05 PM
Can't seem to find the new listing, how much is the set of 6 then, more I presume?

AndyW
11-09-2005, 01:07 PM
Ah, found it. Still, very vague details up there. So going to change my order to the 6 also. Any idea why they are also listing a set of 7 too?

Edited to say, how do you change your order with them? I've had a look on the account page and can't see an obvious way of doing it. Going to email them now.

britcit3
11-09-2005, 01:11 PM
Dunno

Just have to keep an eye on it.

Cancelling my initial order with them was hard work - have to faff about registering on a special customer care sub-site!

BC3

sicqnus
11-14-2005, 08:40 AM
Mmmh, the ARC-170 have a cockpit made for two Action Fleet figures. The R2 unit is AF, I hope we will see figures packs in the future, tought.

Still, the ARC-170 is a must have to me.

Warstar
11-14-2005, 07:49 PM
Huh-

No news on Entertainment Earth about this wave change. Sounds like I'll be trading away some extras for these others...:p

And YAY on the Death Star! :D :D :D

britcit3
11-16-2005, 01:19 AM
Action HQ have clarified what is in wave 5 - you can order all 7 for $79.95 those being Rep Star Destroyer, chase white TIE fighter, Slave 1, Speeder Bike, Death Star, Turbo Tank and Droid Fighter - this has not been listed before and is presumably the vulture droid blue repaint.

http://www.action-hq.com/cgi-bin/action-hq/oth003036.html

You can order all of the above minus the white TIE for $64.95 (I have done this - already have the grey version).

BC3

Battle Droid
11-16-2005, 05:03 PM
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/The_Saga_Collection_Spotlight_Titanium_Series_Vult ure_Droid_95888.asp

JediTricks
11-16-2005, 06:39 PM
I have the original version of that, the Ep 1 Droid Fighter, it's not that good unfortunately, the sculpt is a little soft, it's small, there's no walker mode, and wings slide open to reveal plainness.

AndyW
11-18-2005, 07:00 AM
Thanks for the heads up britcit, I cancelled my order last week, but hadn't go around to re-ordering. Glad they cleared up the 7 ship mystery, otherwise I'd have probably ordered the 6 ship one, and I want to get the whole set.

I was looking forward to the droid fighter Ep3 repaint, but now there are pics of it I'm a little dissapointed. I still like it though, this is one great wave, can't wait to get it.

Scackmgack
11-20-2005, 02:08 PM
I can understand with the Deluxe version of the Ep III Vulture Droid, as a lot of color changes were made which caught Hasbro with its pants down (i.e. the Clone Commander being red when they appearred yellow on screen), but how is it that the eyes on the Die-Cast Vulture are still GREEN and not RED?

That alone would prevent me from getting this. And the way the stripe covers one of the eyes partially is awful, as well.

I solved the problem on my Deluxe Vultures by just painting them red, which was easy as the eyes are in their own little grooves, but it looks like this would be problematic on the die-cast.

JediTricks
12-18-2005, 03:16 PM
A friend of mine, Rick, found the 3" '06 wave 1 vehicles last night at Wal-mart, the case had indeed just 1 white TIE, he bought it. The Death Star, Jango's Slave I, and "treasure hunt" 1-per-case Vulture Droid are not in the case because that's the wave 2 case (which also has the white TIE, so it kinda makes no sense). There are no moving parts/features on the Speederbike or the Republic Attack Cruiser, and the Clone Turbo Tank only has 2 real moving sets of wheels, the others are facades.

He also found at a different WM the 6" Ultras, he says the boxes are HUGE, and the only features on them are the same as on the 3" versions (ARC-170 is opening cockpit, no wings; Droid Tri-Fighter is rotable center ball brain). Because the vehicles are screwed into their display stands, he's afraid to unscrew them even after I told him they do this with other die cast vehicles in other lines all the time, nearly all the 1/24th and 1/18th cars are like this, but he is afraid.

Anyway, here's the scan of both:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=32071

sicqnus
12-19-2005, 08:47 AM
Great news JT, just in time for X-mas.

britcit3
12-19-2005, 12:32 PM
A PLEA.......

Just had an email from Action HQ saying that they can only get hold of 3 vehicles from wave 5 as opposed the the 6 that I ordered (everyone except the white TIE).

Can anybody stateside bag these for me ?(I will Paypal the cash & postage) or point me to an online retailer that won't rip me off ?(may vendors take the p$%& when posting to Europe).

Cheers

BC3

Warstar
12-19-2005, 05:29 PM
Lemme know which ones you need, britcit3.

I ordered a case of the new ones from EE. I think you got the ones in that case but if not, let me know!

I'll do what I can.

I need Wave 4 now- Battle Falcon, Royal Starship, Green Jedi Starfighter and Wookie Flyer...

This is turning into a minor disaster :(

Blue2th
12-19-2005, 06:52 PM
EE says that the Vulture Droid is a Treasure Hunt also. As Warstar asked and I ask: Where in the heck did wave 4 go? I never saw them in the stores. I am missing these also. I thought I was keeping up on every Titanium. What's up with wave 4?

Warstar
12-19-2005, 08:05 PM
EE says that the Vulture Droid is a Treasure Hunt also. As Warstar asked and I ask: Where in the heck did wave 4 go? I never saw them in the stores. I am missing these also. I thought I was keeping up on every Titanium. What's up with wave 4?

Singapore, man. Singapore.

Hasbro made them- apparently released them in both English AND Tri-Lingual packages- and it seems a few popped up in the UK but Singapore or Singapore sellers had the majority of them (see ActionHQ.com for example).

They're on Ebay now and then, but Hasbro announced that the ships would be made later now. With the drastic package change, though, it's going to make the original Wave 4 ships go through the roof price wise :(

I just want 'em to keep closed- I'll get new ones when they are mass-released in the new packages later.

*SIGH* :hurt:

britcit3
12-20-2005, 12:36 AM
Hi WS

Thanks for the help.

I need Death Star, blue Vutlure Droid, Blue Slave 1, Venator Class SD, Speeder Bike, Turbo Tank (white TIE not needed).

If you can get you mits on a set of these for me, I would be greatful.

Isn't it more expensive buying from EE - I thought that you Yanks had a Walmart on almost every street corner?

Cheers

BC3

sicqnus
12-20-2005, 09:33 AM
Hi Warstar & BC3,

No need to worry. All the stuff Action-HQ has will be available elsewhere in a few weeks. Usually they've got the new items one month before everybody else. I think it's because of their customs wich are way faster in SG. Rob from BCA (BadCatAviation) told me they need three to four weeks for the customs to clear some containers from China. Same thing here, it could be very long. No need to say the Christmas toys orders are sent by the toy factories before everythig else.
I bought all my Titaniums from Ebay. I was patient enough and I was able to find them all for a good price (even if I know they will be on the pegs here in '06). Other than that, the problem is more for those (like me) who also collects packagings...

Blue2th
12-20-2005, 05:35 PM
Bought the Arc Fighter today. Was wondering why the package was so huge. Then I looked at the Droid Tri-Fighter which is twice the size and I understood. I don't know about the display case. I opened mine. (twice as easy as the Gunship package) was looking for the stand and it doesn't come with one. Kinda irritating. I don't plan on using the stupid display case. I like to take them out and make squadrons flying 3 or 4 of 'em. Stupid move Hasbro!! bring back the stands so I can display them with the rest of my Action Fleet and Titaniums! What the CRa*** are you thinking!

darktrooper7
12-20-2005, 10:11 PM
Totally agree with u Blue2th...it was great they kept the display stands for the UT gunship and xwing, then to go and change it! ARGHHH!!! Hasbro has no F'ing idea about continuity! They made "display cases" to have the UT's collector oriented, yet totally missed the point that ppl who collect MIB items wont even open them so the actual packaging itself is the "display case" and ppl who do open things, want to be able to display them all the same way! Far out hasbro is stupid and irritating!

Blue2th
12-21-2005, 12:50 AM
Yeah, it's a bummer. Maybe I can make a stand by cutting up the base of the display case and using the 2 screws provided. A few of these would have looked cool in flight behind the regular Titanium Anakin and Obi-Wan Starfighters, as they look like the same scale or very close to it. By the way Darktrooper7, I'm half Aussie, on my Mum's Side. I need to get down there and visit my relatives sometime.

britcit3
12-21-2005, 11:39 AM
Hey WS

Gave in a bagged the 3 wave 5 avail from Action HQ.
Will bag the other 3 in the new year on Ebay.

Thanks for the offer of hepl anyway.

BC3

darktrooper7
12-21-2005, 08:34 PM
By the way Darktrooper7, I'm half Aussie, on my Mum's Side. I need to get down there and visit my relatives sometime.

Yeh you should come down. Its a beautiful 35 degrees today, and im about to leave work and go to the beach!

As for the stands, over on the RS forums, theres pics of the Arc on an AF stand. You just need to enlarge one of the screw holes on the base and it stands perfectly on the AF stand :)

Blue2th
12-21-2005, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the tip Darktrooper7. You know what? after I read your post I went and tried putting the Arc Fighter on a small Titanium stand and it fit snug enough to hold it up. This is cool because I can certainly get enough extras stands for that. I was thinking about returning the other Arc I got, but now I will display it with the other behind some Jedi Starfighters. Yep it's winter here, though in New Mexico (usa) the winters are mild. Alot like the outback only with bigger mountains my cousin says. She lives near the beach somewhere in Sydney.

sicqnus
12-22-2005, 07:24 AM
6" Die-Cast metal AF Titanium !!!
Expect the Sith Infiltrator to be available for a fair price ($20 instead of $130+ for its plastic counterpart on Ebay). A pretty cool Droïd Tank (Ep3 I guess) is on the way.

Titanium Series - 6" Vehicles
__ AT-AT
__ Darth Vader's TIE Fighter
__ Droid Tank
__ Imperial Shuttle
__ Jedi Starfighter
__ Republic Gunship
__ Sith Infiltrator

Titanium Series - Ultra Vehicles
__ ARC-170 Fighter
__ AT-AT
__ Droid Tri-Fighter
__ Millennium Falcon
__ Slave 1
__ Snowspeeder

JediTricks
12-22-2005, 03:45 PM
Where did this info come from?

How is the 6" line different from the Ultra line?

sicqnus
12-27-2005, 08:33 PM
It seems it's the same thing.

JediTricks
12-27-2005, 10:13 PM
Except for the 100% price difference.

matthewilw
12-28-2005, 01:21 AM
I'm slightly skeptical about some of those, but the large amount of rehashes scream truth. AT-AT, Snowspeeder, Falcon, Vader's Tie, Slave 1. Bleh, they're seriously trying to kill this line as quickly as possible.

The droid tank and Jedi Starfighter caught my attention, although I'm too afraid to ask what version of JSF it might be. *Hopes for AOTC version*

britcit3
01-05-2006, 12:16 AM
Lots of new stuff to look forward to............

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=5165&zoneid=2

especially looking forward to Blue Jedi Starfiighter & Clone Wars paint job Rep Gunship (presumably the one with the face painted on the front).

BC3

AndyW
01-05-2006, 10:14 AM
Excellent, I was hoping for a blue Jedi fighter, but didn't think they'd bother. Clone wars deco Gunship should be sweet!

Bloody confusing article though, no idea whats in what wave, and whats all this Rev 1 nonsense?

Some good titbits of info in there though, we should now rest easy as it appears that the lost Wave 4 is coming back. Top stuff.

No sodding way I'd pay EE's prices, and the shipping to Europe is the most expensive I've ever seen on the web, bunch of crooks!

JediTricks
01-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Rev 1 is usually a "first revision" case, when they take a wave and revise its case assortment to change up what's on shelves by changing what's in the case. In the 4" figure line, this usually means taking out half the good figures and inserting pegwarming losers in their place.

vulcantouch
01-10-2006, 02:10 PM
-why do you say that, cuz i also frequent stylin scenes? i think that, for a man, style's like an archer's bow; if it's always pulled to its max tautness it eventually loses strength. so cycling between impeccable & slovenly not only helps me slide into diff scenes at diff times, it keeps me style fresh :smoker:

"much less reporting back positive results"
-how do you know? just cuz i don't always give tactical blow-by-blows in my all-purpose positive-result boastthred (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/printthread.php?t=149&page=26
&pp=40)? ;)

vt: "judging from above-linked pic it looks like the only two i'd be interested in -tank & venator- might be disappointingly executed, namely the unsubtle scoring overemphasized by excessive "weather/shadowing" paintwashes"
jt: "Try not to prejudge, Hasbro's prototype phototype department has been a little crazy with the weathering and when the final product comes out it's totally unweathered"
-ironically, in person it turns out i'm favoring More excessive paintwashes- in part cuz they help compensate for the inherently cruder detailing on diecasts (put ts venator next to isd mm & see for yourself just how much cruder :p)!
vt

BountyHunterScum
01-10-2006, 04:52 PM
Has anyone noticed that some vehicles have a titanium series badge painted on them? My first Attack Cruiser has one on the bottom but the other two don't.

AndyW
01-11-2006, 04:49 AM
Yes, there is a discussion about this on Rebelscum, which has started an amusing scramble to find these 'variations'. Doesn't make sense to me, but there you go. My Venator doesn't have one, nor does my TIE, but my Clone Tank does.

Warstar
01-11-2006, 11:46 PM
Has anyone noticed that some vehicles have a titanium series badge painted on them? My first Attack Cruiser has one on the bottom but the other two don't.

WHAT????

A "badge?" None of my Titanium opened ships from this latest wave have one.

The only "badges" I have seen are on the Ultras (and so far I have seen them only on the Republic Gunship and X-Wing)

What are you talking about???

Post pics!

*Found that thread at Rebelscum*

They don't have pics either...

I smell BS...Grrr...

vulcantouch
01-12-2006, 11:55 PM
-where? not anywhere it'd be easily seen i hope :frus: geez, it isn't enuf that they're embossed w/©hasbut, ©LFL, ©the year of our lord not once but twice as if once doesn't do the trick, etc- they gotta crap em up w/even More logo? deja tacky-70's-fashdesigner-ploy vu all over again (gloria vanderbilt jeans ring a bell?) :p we don't need no stinkin ****er Badges :p
vt

JediTricks
01-13-2006, 03:44 PM
There better not be badges, that'd be crap.

I started a thread with links to proto photos of the DV TIE, Imp Shuttle, and Wookiee Flyer.

Warstar
01-13-2006, 05:49 PM
I agree on both fronts. :yes:

I still have yet to see pics of these badges but I am prepared to eat crow if pics turn up...

...they had better not...being a packaged variation completist collector I'd have to go permanently insane...:sad:

RJarvis
01-17-2006, 11:20 AM
I still have yet to see pics of these badges but I am prepared to eat crow if pics turn up...

mmm...crow...tasty...

:-)

the venator is the only one i've got to compare (i haven't got the $ to get the rest) the closeup pic of the actual "badge" isn't as clear as i'd like, but it's sometimes hard to keep a steady hand when doing closeup shots with a digital cam...

enjoy!

rj

Sith Lord 0498
01-17-2006, 12:36 PM
mmm...crow...tasty...

the venator is the only one i've got to compare (i haven't got the $ to get the rest) the closeup pic of the actual "badge" isn't as clear as i'd like, but it's sometimes hard to keep a steady hand when doing closeup shots with a digital cam...

enjoy!

rj

Give yourself due credit. I don't know how much clearer you could've made those shots. They look great!! :beard:

I kinda like this "badge" idea. They make for a nice little bonus, and they're not intrusive at all. Although I'm sure some hardcore completists and variation hunters are going to pull their hair and teeth out!! :)

JediTricks
01-17-2006, 03:44 PM
WEAK! Yet more crappy distractions from the toy! I was never thrilled with the copyright text (*which is pretty blatant on the Venator) and even the stand holes bugged me a little, but this just isn't cool. Hopefully it easily scratches off though.

I'm pulling my hair and teeth out now. :p

ecl
01-17-2006, 06:43 PM
Those look pretty neat

Warstar
01-17-2006, 08:53 PM
I need some salt- these black feathers are AWFUL...*Sob*

Heh- well, being a completist/variation hunter I have only one thing to say-

And that's I'll never get this variant because you can't see it when the ship is in the package :D

HA!

And is that painted on there or a sticker?

What would be the REALY joke would be if these badges become the common versions and our non-badge ones would be the rare ones :D

...but I take it none of the New Wave of ships have them? (Imp Shuttle, etc.) JT?

Scackmgack
01-17-2006, 11:04 PM
It's really painted on there.

All mine have them - I assumed they all did.

My white TIE fighter also has one, on the inside of the left wing. It's really obtrusive placed on the black solar panel the way it is.

itsme
01-18-2006, 08:01 AM
...but I take it none of the New Wave of ships have them? (Imp Shuttle, etc.)

None of mine have those "badges".

StarmanSkywalker
01-18-2006, 02:59 PM
I really hope this isn't old news, but here are some pictures of the new wave:
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/New_Titanium_Series_Found_96618.asp

Slicker
01-18-2006, 05:44 PM
I really hope this isn't old news, but here are some pictures of the new wave:
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/New_Titanium_Series_Found_96618.aspYou're probably like me and don't read the front page but we beat RS by one day.

Link. (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=32133)

JediTricks
01-18-2006, 08:12 PM
If they do, Rick didn't tell me when he opened his. I'll let you know when I get my set.

Thanks for the link to us beating them Slicker. :D

Val Da Car
01-18-2006, 11:10 PM
You know guys (and gals) I was a 3 3/4 figure collector but the Die cast stuff got ahold of me of late and I like it....

I am looking forward to most of these and forgot that I had the Micro Machines (2002) and finally set some of them free and I like the different scales and sized.

But the CW Gunship has me completely, because I want in the small size and the std Full size.

Blue2th
01-19-2006, 08:22 AM
Found the latest wave yesterday at Target. Good thing there is not much of a price difference on the Titanium as opposed to Walmart. The Vader Tie is the same sculpt as the one offered long ago, but with a painted black cockpit window instead of a clear one. Flat blue paint, instead of glossy blue-grey paint. I like the old one better. The best ones I think are the Imperial shuttle where the all the wings are metal, and the AT AT with the body and head are metal. The Gunship is cool with the exception of the nose guns are oversized. The Shuttle and AT AT don't have the little badges (those are the ones I opened)

StarmanSkywalker
01-19-2006, 02:37 PM
Some questions.

Can you see inside Darth Vader's TIE Advanced? Is there anything interesting about the cockpit? Same for the Imperial Shuttle.

Do the wings on the Imperial Shuttle move? Same for the AT-AT's legs and head.

Jangu Fett
01-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Does anyone have any info on the Battlestar Galactica and Stargate Titanium ships, that Hasbro is doing? It was announced a while ago, but does anyone know when they will ship or if there are any photos?

Blue2th
01-19-2006, 06:08 PM
Some questions.

Can you see inside Darth Vader's TIE Advanced? Is there anything interesting about the cockpit? Same for the Imperial Shuttle.

Do the wings on the Imperial Shuttle move? Same for the AT-AT's legs and head.
Ok I opened my Vader advanced. You can see inside the cockpit when you open the hatch on top of Vaders fighter. Not much goin' on in there. A formed seat, but the windshield is painted instead of clear. I will say that I like that the body and wings are metal. The shuttles wings fold up. The body and wings are metal with the exception of the nose/cockpit area which is plastic with clear plastic windshield. Don't see any detail inside. The AT-AT legs pivot at where they join the body but not at the knees. They are plastic but are weathered nicely to match the metal body and slightly movable head. Nice snow base.

BountyHunterScum
01-19-2006, 08:13 PM
mmm...crow...tasty...

enjoy!

rj

My first Venator has that badge, none of my other Titaniums have it so far.

JediTricks
01-20-2006, 10:26 PM
The Vader Tie is the same sculpt as the one offered long ago, but with a painted black cockpit window instead of a clear one. This mold was never offered as a die cast, only as an X-ray and a painted X-ray, and the painted X-ray has the window painted black. This is, btw, why the new Titanium version has the window painted, it's the same sculpt pretty much everywhere except for the opening cockpit top, so the window is the same piece as the rest of the hull (also explains why the windo isn't exactly the right shape).

Warstar
01-22-2006, 08:54 PM
WRONG!

Darth's window IS see-through- at least it is on mine.

I opened mine today, opened the cockpit and looked through and it's VERY VERY dark translucent plastic- it's see-through, but barely (kind of like the red plastic on the Jango's Slave 1).

It is it's own piece :)

I am posting a new variation list in a bit :p

JediTricks
01-22-2006, 10:44 PM
Well, that's pretty peculiar, that's what I said earlier when "itsme" posted his photo of it, but you guys all said it was metal.

Blue2th
01-23-2006, 12:22 AM
I stand corrected. You are right Jeditricks. I thought that this new Tie Advanced was the same as my old die cast Kenner Vader's Tie, but it is different. Once I dug it out of storage and compared them. The old Kenner one is slightly larger with different structure. I didn't know you could pull the back off and there is Vader sitting in his chair. The body and wings on the new Tie are metal with the exception of the hatch and window which is glued in and black with blue paynes. I can barely see through the black glass if I shine a light behind it Warstar.

Warstar
01-23-2006, 02:37 AM
Yep- but you CAN see through it- like it's meant to be. I do wish it wasn't quite so "smokey" though.

Sorry if we misinterpreted, JT.

I hope to get a Tyderium to open soon- let alone the rest of the new ones!

itsme
01-23-2006, 03:02 PM
Darth's window IS see-through- at least it is on mine.

I opened mine today, opened the cockpit and looked through and it's VERY VERY dark translucent plastic- it's see-through, but barely (kind of like the red plastic on the Jango's Slave 1).

Sorie guys! My mistake. Warstar is RIGHT!

I didn't know the canopy can be opened. Mine got stucked, ....argh manufacturing defect! Manage to open the cockpit, with a little force n a slight (inner) paint chipping off :(

The canopy is smokey black! Can't really see through till u shine a light at it...... with the canopy opened!!!

JediTricks
01-23-2006, 04:21 PM
Don't feel too bad about the cockpit hatch not opening on yours, the Galoob DC TIE Fighters had the same problem, they were tightly shut and once you "broke the seal" they never closed as good again.

Slicker
01-31-2006, 06:35 PM
Here's a link from the official site. It shows the new Ultra's (Slave I and Snowspeeder) and the 2 new figures (Sandtrooper and Bossk). Those figures look pretty sweet.

Link (http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.news/newsID.20ADFE53-D56F-E112-459D8E9A089B91C2/default.cfm)

Warstar
01-31-2006, 07:01 PM
And here I thought that Hasbro was just going to re-hash the Action Masters line...WOW!

Bossk and the Sandtrooper look COOL :D

Slicker
01-31-2006, 07:40 PM
I'm actually looking forward to the Titanium figures. The Sandtrooper and Bossk look amazing and I like the little bases that they come on.

Does anyone know the retail price for these?

Sith Lord 0498
02-01-2006, 08:59 AM
Last I heard, they were $14.99.

JediTricks
02-02-2006, 08:50 PM
Yeah, they're fifteen bigboys, which is about seven and a half bigboys more than I think they're worth. :p And what's with that idiotic grin on Bossk's face? Is Bossk the Star Wars universe's version of The Joker?

Slicker
02-26-2006, 04:50 PM
Here's some pics from GH. They show the Infiltrator, AAT, Falcon and the UGH Slave I. Not sure if you guys have seen them or not.

Link. (http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=5226&zoneid=2)