PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Collecting: Frustrated

cffalztar
10-19-2005, 06:40 AM
I too have found the reflection figures after a long and grueling hunt. Ironically enough that even though I have been hitting Target at the opening hour nearly everyday, they would put them out Sunday night. I must have gotten there just after they had done it because the end cap was completely full. I took one of each...considered more and thought twice about being greedy. The next day I went back to take advantage of Targets SW figures that had been marked down to 4.34, and grab another of lava reflection as a request from a friend and noticed the Lava was all gone. I overheard some fellow "collectors" talking and one guy was saying that he had bought five of each. While I realize it is everyone's right to do as they please. I would like to thank those of you who buy it all up and sell it back to me for twice or tripple the price over ebay etc. It's bloodsucking ******* like you that ruin it for the rest of us collectors who are doing just that...collecting, and not trying to make a buck off of it. Get a real job. Hopefully I am not the only one that is irritated about this.

decadentdave
10-19-2005, 12:13 PM
That's funny. I must be the guy that bought 5 of each then! Actually, I got mine straight from the case by asking them to look up the DCPI number. I bought 2 of each for myself (1 to open, 1 to keep) and the rest for my friends out of state so I am not hoarding them or selling them for profit but I totally agree with you though. I was barely lucky just to get both versions of the Target Super-Articulated Clone Trooper. The Target exclusives have been the most difficult to get by far. Lava Vader was a joke. It sure has been alienating us collectors who have shelled out every penny we earn for rehashed figures at overinflated prices. Trust me, in a few years, scalpers on ebay won't be able to give these things away. They are trying to capitalize on the fact that they are hot right now. I gurantee in a few years, when everyone has forgotten about them, Lava Vader and Mustafar Duel Anakin/Obi-Wan will be a dime a dozen. Mark my words. Just because they are in special cases that say "exclusive" doesn't mean they are going to be good investments. The scalpers are going to learn this the hard way down the road. Then we shall have our Revenge!

trandoshan666
10-19-2005, 04:01 PM
They're not even that hot right now in my part of the country. I've been to three Targets in the past two days, and the Mustafar Duel figures, Plo Koon fighters, and clone 5 packs have been plentiful in each store. I get the feeling that the rush of hungry collectors and scalpers is over and those end caps are still pretty full. If only they would get the shadow trooper and some new collection 2 figures

TheDarthVader
10-20-2005, 07:44 PM
I can understand your frustration. Luckily, you have some members of this forum who would be more than happy to trade/sell at a good price to you to help you out.

What is frustrating to me is that I have NEVER seen the following figures: Tarkin, Ask Aak, or Meena Tills. I have all of the other figures and repaints up to figure 63. But I have not seen those other three figures.

B.
TDV

sith_killer_99
10-20-2005, 10:25 PM
TheDarthVader, I wouldn't worry too much about the Tarkin wave. It is scheduled to ship in future assortments. I found some interesting case assortments coming out on EE.

Jayspawn
10-21-2005, 01:20 AM
Dont worry about it too much cffalztar, the Lava Reflection figures are not that cool anyways. If you dont get them you'll be saving yourself $25. They're warming the pegs at my Targets.

X13VADER
10-21-2005, 07:53 AM
Im Not Sure Whats Going On At Targets Here In Grand Rapids Michigan. None Of The Stuff Is On The Shelfs. I Finally Went In With The Dcpi Numbers And Looked Them Up. Every Store I Went To (4 Total) All Had The Stuff In The Storeroom. The Lava Figures,fighter,and Clone 5 Pack. So I Asked Them To Get One For Me And They Did No Problem. I Thought Maybe They Are Wiating For Nov 1 To Put It Al Out.

TheDarthVader
10-21-2005, 11:16 AM
TheDarthVader, I wouldn't worry too much about the Tarkin wave. It is scheduled to ship in future assortments. I found some interesting case assortments coming out on EE.

Awesome! I hope that you aren't pulling my leg. I will keep an eye out.

B.
TDV

Mandalorian Candidat
10-21-2005, 04:08 PM

You may be onto something. I stopped off at a Target last night and found 2 Meenas and a couple of oddball figures from 4/2 that hadn't been at that store until very recently (the last day or so). I think there's a Utapaun Warrior in that case too.

Jayspawn, I've also seen that the Lava figs have been pegwarmers too. There's at least three sets that have been hanging around (pun intended) for 7-10 days now. The clone 5-pack went quick though. I've noticed that many have the face vent lines painted off center (just above and not directly on the black strip). I took the one that was painted semidecently but the commander's hand wasn't secured in the socket properly so it was hanging onto the rifle's muzzle like Thing from Addams family.

dashrender
10-21-2005, 06:21 PM
I too hope they re-release the Tarkin wave. I am missing most of them. Let us know if you start seeing them.