PDA

View Full Version : What the frag is a Titanium forged 3.75" figure?

sith_killer_99
10-19-2005, 11:21 AM
Off of RS.com

SW Titanium forged 3.75" figures
Same rule applies as far as license cross packing.

Darth Vader
Boba Fett (w/ removable helmet)

Bossk
Sandtrooper

IG-88
Clone Trooper

BG Cylon Warrior
General Grievous
C-3PO

Nice selection of figures but what the heck are they?

LTBasker
10-19-2005, 11:29 AM
They're 3 3/4" sculpts made into die-cast figures. They won't have moveable parts due to this I believe. They showed off a Boba Fett and I think a Sandtrooper at Comic-Con. However, the price that was listed for them at Comic-Con was $15 per figure!

BG Cylon Warrior? What the fudge? Maybe..a Super Battle Droid?... o_O

El Chuxter
10-19-2005, 12:28 PM
Whatever they are, they sound like Lobo will love them!!

Someone please "get" that joke.

jedi master sal
10-19-2005, 12:28 PM
They're 3 3/4" sculpts made into die-cast figures. They won't have moveable parts due to this I believe. They showed off a Boba Fett and I think a Sandtrooper at Comic-Con. However, the price that was listed for them at Comic-Con was $15 per figure!

BG Cylon Warrior? What the fudge? Maybe..a Super Battle Droid?... o_O

Actually they are going with a few different licenses for this line. Also, the figs IIRC, have limited articulation.

I dunno, if you ask me, $15 for limited (or no) articulation figures that we already have in plastic is WAY to much. I'm gladly passing on this line.

That as well as the SW motorcycle line and MOST of the SW Transformers line. (Looks like I'll finally be saving a bit of money on SW collecting later this year and next.)

SirSteve
10-19-2005, 05:07 PM
There are pictures in our Comic Con 2005 Event Coverage.

sith_killer_99
10-19-2005, 06:14 PM
Well, the Fett certainly looks pretty good. I guess I found something to spend my "Unleashed" money on, since Unleashed is now dead...or close enough.:whip:

Whatever they are, they sound like Lobo will love them!!

Someone please "get" that joke.

Que?:confused:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-19-2005, 06:19 PM
I don't much like this idea. Maybe the final product will look better.

WTF is a Cylon warrior? Isn't that from Battlestar Galactica (hence the BG)? What is that doing in there? :confused:

Slicker
10-19-2005, 07:57 PM
WTF is a Cylon warrior? Isn't that from Battlestar Galactica (hence the BG)? What is that doing in there? :confused:I think Steve may have given us some sort of hint with the most recent poll. They're probably mixing cases from other series.

abell748
10-20-2005, 07:30 AM
They supposed to be mixing Battlestar Galactica and Stargate items in with the later Star Wars assortments. Oh joy..........

JEDIpartner
11-01-2005, 03:43 PM
It looks like poo. I just got my Entertainment Earth catalogue and, frankly, I am appalled at how nasty these things look. $14.99 for a 3 3/4" figure? Spare me!!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-01-2005, 03:51 PM
It looks like poo. I just got my Entertainment Earth catalogue and, frankly, I am appalled at how nasty these things look. $14.99 for a 3 3/4" figure? Spare me!!!
Agreed; these are ugly as s***. They look like Christmas ornaments, I won't get any.

JEDIpartner
11-02-2005, 08:54 AM
The mix of metal and cloth on the Vader looks completely stupid. They are just two textures that do NOT make for a good combination. The fact that they also gave him the same old cheap plastic used for all the other figures lightsaber blade doesn't help much.

Darth Cruel
11-05-2005, 11:23 PM
And then on the other hand...they do have sharper detail than the plastic figures.

JEDIpartner
11-06-2005, 06:27 PM
Not really... I saw a couple close ups and they look sloppy as all hell!