PDA

View Full Version : Luke Skywalker:Endor Confrontation

ROTJLuke
10-19-2005, 01:39 PM
I havent talked about this in a fraggin long time, so what do we think about the Endor Confrontation Luke? Repack or resculpt? Im hopin and prayin its a brand new SA figure, but what are your guys thoughts? Im goin with its a resculpt b/c the only other Luke is in the Battle of Tatooine, and its prob. gonna be a repack. :D :D

Slicker
10-19-2005, 02:09 PM
I hope it's the worst Luke ever made.

Here's a list of what I want it to have/not have:
No neutral pose, lots of action features, crappy accessories, very little articulation, open tunic, non-VOTC sculpting (it sucked anyways), and it doesn't even have to be that accurate. Maybe like the POTF2 beefy Luke. Then I'd be happy.

:p
To be honest I was pretty happy with the Saga 2 one with the exception of the mouth. I just want a figure that looks good and obviously it's your favorite fig so you want it to be perfect but unfortunately that's not how it's gonna happen. You should be pleased if it's half as good as the one in yer sig.

Captain Spoon
10-19-2005, 02:34 PM
My guess it will not have an action feature and it will not be SA. It will probobly be close to what you want but not 100%. Not that I wouldn't like to see you get your Luke (I would love it too) I think it will be a case of close.. but not quite yet.:D

ROTJLuke
10-19-2005, 04:17 PM
I think as long as the sculpting is good, it has articulation on par with the ROTS Obi Wan Pilot figure, and has the correct accessories Ill be happy. I dont expect whats in my profile, but I sure as hell dont want a repeat of SAGA's Throne Room Duel Luke. Im not a hard man to please, honestly! lol :)

Captain Spoon
10-19-2005, 05:16 PM
That would be fine for me also I don't think Hasbro has the brass ones to repack the monkey face luke. My problem with this figure is, once it comes out ...what figure will you beg for??????!!! lol :thumbsup:

Devo
10-19-2005, 05:37 PM
I think as long as the sculpting is good, it has articulation on par with the ROTS Obi Wan Pilot figure, and has the correct accessories Ill be happy. I dont expect whats in my profile, but I sure as hell dont want a repeat of SAGA's Throne Room Duel Luke. Im not a hard man to please, honestly! lol :)

Obi-wan pilot isn't the best SA example, why everyone cites him as the articulation benchmark kind of goes over my head - great figure but he can't hold his sabre doublehanded in a way that looks like he's either attacking or defending. He can only hold it up to his chest as though he's posing for promotion photos. Its the amazingly overlooked ROTS Count Dooku who boasts the poseability we need for DSII Jedi Luke - he can be neutral, attacking or defending.

I think it will be a new sculpt and SA aswell. It seems like its going to be a year where Hasbro demonstrates that it has listened to collectors (well except on the vehicles/playsets issue). We're getting figures that have been requested for years, resculpts of old figures that were badly needed, never-before made figures, some figures that they know will pegwarm but made anyway to please their collector fanbase...breath...and they know now that we love SuperArticulation. They must know that the saga Throne room duel Luke doesn't cut it. So yeah I think it will be a great figure - I'd be surprised in a bad way if it ended up being some sort of repack or kitbash.

ROTJLuke
10-19-2005, 07:54 PM
Obi-wan pilot isn't the best SA example, why everyone cites him as the articulation benchmark kind of goes over my head - great figure but he can't hold his sabre doublehanded in a way that looks like he's either attacking or defending. He can only hold it up to his chest as though he's posing for promotion photos. Its the amazingly overlooked ROTS Count Dooku who boasts the poseability we need for DSII Jedi Luke - he can be neutral, attacking or defending.

I think it will be a new sculpt and SA aswell. It seems like its going to be a year where Hasbro demonstrates that it has listened to collectors (well except on the vehicles/playsets issue). We're getting figures that have been requested for years, resculpts of old figures that were badly needed, never-before made figures, some figures that they know will pegwarm but made anyway to please their collector fanbase...breath...and they know now that we love SuperArticulation. They must know that the saga Throne room duel Luke doesn't cut it. So yeah I think it will be a great figure - I'd be surprised in a bad way if it ended up being some sort of repack or kitbash.

I wholeheartily agree with that. For starters, the Dooku figure was f**kin awesome, I got two just to open one up. Two, the TRD Luke sucked really bad. Finally, I doubt they have enough Final Duel Luke costumed figures to make a kitbash, unless they threw binders on that horrible monkey TRD one. The only Luke figures (to my knowledge) in the DSII outfit are as follows: Cinema Scenes Final Jedi Duel, Speederbike (Under the poncho), MMC Endor Luke (again under the poncho), and Throne Room Duel. The first three are POTF2, and will NOT due for the kinds of figures weve seen thus far (excluding the Skiff guard in the Carcoon wave) and everyone and their mother hate the Throne Room Duel one. So, heres to Hasbro finally answering my prayers and making a figure Ive wanted for nearly a decade now. :)

ROTJLuke
10-19-2005, 07:55 PM
That would be fine for me also I don't think Hasbro has the brass ones to repack the monkey face luke. My problem with this figure is, once it comes out ...what figure will you beg for??????!!! lol :thumbsup:

I guess well have to wait and see, my friend! :thumbsup:

vadersvette
10-19-2005, 10:56 PM
...the TRD Luke sucked really bad.
Wha...What are you talking 'bout?! Whataya even sayin'? TRD Luke was THE BEST STAR WARS FIGURE EVER MADE...EVER!!!....well besides POTF2 R5-D4, which was equally awesome!

:D :D :D :D :D
Oh no. Everyone on the boards hates me now:love:

Seriously, in the words of Comic Book Guy: "Worst...Figures...EVER!":yes:

whiteghost
10-20-2005, 12:00 AM
I have also wanted a better DSII Luke figure and hopefully they will finally release him with his own new lightsaber hilt mold (maybe the one that was originally planned in the protoype pics of holo luke) and be packaged with both the ignited saber and the plain hilt that can be attached to the figures belt. Hell while they are at it put together a new R2 that comes with the luke ROTJ hilt that raises up out of his dome when you turn his head much like the early bird R2. and then it could also have a removable blade.

mastermatt24
10-20-2005, 02:40 AM
Welcome to the boards whiteghost! :D
(even if you did join in '02 ;) )

AS for Luke- Ill probably end up passing on it anyways so it doesnt really matter, unless its really really good.

Blue2th
10-20-2005, 08:29 AM
So do you think the Endor Luke will be in camo for the confrontation with the biker scouts or in black for his confrontation with Vader? As yoda says "You must confront Vader and confront him you will" He is basically in the same black garb as in the Throne room. I have a feeling that we will get a real nice Jedi Luke in the next Evolutions wave I hope.:yes:

Bacta Beast
10-20-2005, 10:46 AM
I hope there is a "next" Evolution wave!:thumbsup:

Bacta Beast
10-20-2005, 10:49 AM

A decent Qui-Gon maybe. Or Good versions of Obi from EI & EII. Queen Amidala in one of her many as yet unproduced costume variations.

pegger
10-20-2005, 11:39 AM
Hate to be the pessimist, but I think it'll be a re-pack...probably of the Jabba's encounter...

anti-hero
10-20-2005, 03:16 PM
ROTS Dooku really is the best lightsabre dueling fig they've made so I hope they pattern it after him. I think it would work a lot better with Luke than pilot Obi since they could use the same slim style torso in order to let the arms move inward. Obi's tunic (while sculpted well) gets in the way of his arms, while Luke's outfit in Jedi is perfect for a Dooku styled figure.

I'm right with ROTJLuke on this one. Until they make a good DSII Luke I won't be really happy. JP Luke was reeeeaaally close. But I hate those cut elbows with a passion. Actually, I'd be happy if they used that entire mold except with new arms that had ball shoulders and ball elbows. Provided the arms could be straight and still have the hands together like Dooku.

BTW, what number of Saga wave is this scheduled to be in?

maatu
10-20-2005, 03:58 PM
i think it will be a little repack and resculpt . a better version luke jedi that they put out earlier. the one where it had the cape. and limited arm movement for jabba's palace.i think hasbro will supprise us collectors this time.

ROTJLuke
10-21-2005, 12:51 PM
If hasbro release the Jabba's Palace Luke with out the skirt and the modified torso so he wasnt in the vest, and replaced the right hand with a brand new one, and put a peg in him to hold the lightsaber hilt, and basically if he had a decent amount of articulation, Id be happy. I thought the Jabba's Palace one was great, I would have prefered alternate hands so he could hold his saber, but if they do this with the ability to hold his saber than Ill be satisfied and not ask for another one...for a few months :) As long as their smart if they kitbash this one than Ill be straight. :)

Devo
10-21-2005, 01:12 PM
ROTS Dooku really is the best lightsabre dueling fig they've made so I hope they pattern it after him. I think it would work a lot better with Luke than pilot Obi since they could use the same slim style torso in order to let the arms move inward. Obi's tunic (while sculpted well) gets in the way of his arms, while Luke's outfit in Jedi is perfect for a Dooku styled figure.

Exactly. I was going to further clarify what I was talking about in my post on page one but this about does it. The torso shape of Dooku was important in his poseability where the torso of pilot Obi was quite limiting. That Dooku is easily one of the very best Star Wars figures ever made. DSII Luke has him to live up to.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-21-2005, 05:32 PM
If hasbro release the Jabba's Palace Luke with out the skirt and the modified torso so he wasnt in the vest, and replaced the right hand with a brand new one, and put a peg in him to hold the lightsaber hilt, and basically if he had a decent amount of articulation, Id be happy. I thought the Jabba's Palace one was great, I would have prefered alternate hands so he could hold his saber, but if they do this with the ability to hold his saber than Ill be satisfied and not ask for another one...for a few months :) As long as their smart if they kitbash this one than Ill be straight. :)
That seems like something Hasbro would do, and I think it would work. I don't really think we should expect anything too spectacular for this figure, since no matter what, it's not going to live up to a lot of people's expectations.

I'll be okay with it just so long as it's not a TRD repack. (Interesting how one of the crappiest figures has, more or less, TURD as a tagline. :D )

ROTJLuke
10-21-2005, 06:09 PM
It doesnt have to be whats in my profile. I know one day theyll make that one, but if they kitbash him the way I said before, I think that would be on par with the rest of the new figures in this line, and would make for a really nice luke. Its the still the same costume, nothing was wrong with the Jabba's Luke legs, head, or left arm. If they do decide to kitbash it then they need to make a new torso and right arm sculpt. Id stop asking for this figure if it is indeed a new sculpt, and had ball joints at the sholders, elbows and knees, along with an accurate sculpt. This is how I view the break down:

Moff Jerjerrod-Possible new sculpt/Kitbashed
C-3PO-Possible new sculpt/Kitbashed
Death Star Gunner-Possible new sculpt/Kitbashed
Luke Endor Confrontation-Possible new sculpt/Kitbashed
Chief Chirpa-New Sculpt
Vader-Repack
Emperor-Repack
Rebel Commando-Repack

My guesses are that Moff Jerjerrod is gonna be like Veers and have a brand new head sculpt but be a kitbashed Figure, same with the DS Gunner, have new and old Imperial parts, the Vader will (hopefully) be a repack of the Evolutions, same with the Emperor and Rebel Commando, repacks and possibly the ROTS or Evolutions Emps, and I have a feeling that 3PO will be a kit bash with ball jointed knees, leaving Luke to be either a new torso/right arm kitbash. I agree with Hasbro not having the balls to put out the TRD one AGAIN,(after Saga and the Battlepack) and just repainting the Jabba's Luke's right hand black would def. not sit with the fans. SOO, I really think were not gonna be dissapointed. Like I said, it doesnt have to be all the way up to my standards, as long as its accurate, has good articulation and can hold a lightsaber in attack position and neutral position (as well as a hilt in the peg on his belt) and can be in his binders, I really dont need anything better than that. :)

DarkArtist
10-23-2005, 11:20 AM
looking at the hoth wave and seeing what looks like a few repacks in there, r2, vader and the snowtrooper, one can only guess that hasbro will repackage either a lamer version of luke or the horrible TRD luke.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Hasbro wakes up and finally caves in to giving us the luke we all want. That also goes for the vader mention in the set.

Devo
10-23-2005, 12:31 PM
My collecting habits are in one respect like Tycho's. I now see the value in having multiple Hans, Lukes, Vaders etc (I didn't before) because you can run multiple scenes featuring the core characters simultaneously. So having definitive core character sculpts and offering many opportunities to get these figures - be they repacks, pack-ins whatever - is something I like these days. So, given a decent DSII Luke I'd buy 3 or 4.

maatu
10-23-2005, 06:01 PM
i think r2 d2 is a new version of him. it looks like his third wheel or leg goes up in side him if you turn the head. i mean they had to improve this figure with so many newer cool droids coming out.

LTBasker
10-23-2005, 06:21 PM
looking at the hoth wave and seeing what looks like a few repacks in there, r2, vader and the snowtrooper, one can only guess that hasbro will repackage either a lamer version of luke or the horrible TRD luke.

Actually only Riekan and Vader are direct repacks. R2's a repaint of the ROTS R4 droids and the Snowtrooper (turbowar has a thread on this) is a kitbash using the legs and arms of the POTF2 Snowtrooper.

Personally, here's what I think is going on. During the OTC, they were rushed to make stuff (though no clue how they were able to get the 12 brand new VOTC out in time...) and ended up having to repack/repaint alot of stuff.

This time around, they've been planning the whole thing and hopefully plan to switch the situation around where they use mostly new figures for the waves.

If anything, I'm really hoping this Luke comes with a removeable rebel helmet and either a fabric or plastic tunic.

ROTJLuke
10-24-2005, 12:58 AM
well if rumors are true about a VOTC POTF set comming out, then prehaps well get a VOTC Endor Luke w/o the Poncho underneath, giving us the ultimate DSII Jedi Luke for a repack later. Im not a diarama collector, Im usually a MOMC collector, but Id still get 3-4 of a perfect DSII Luke, not to mention 1 to open up. :)

Devo
10-24-2005, 12:39 PM
well if rumors are true about a VOTC POTF set comming out, then prehaps well get a VOTC Endor Luke w/o the Poncho underneath, giving us the ultimate DSII Jedi Luke for a repack later. Im not a diarama collector, Im usually a MOMC collector, but Id still get 3-4 of a perfect DSII Luke, not to mention 1 to open up. :)

only one to open?? Wouldn't you like to be able to see your most-coveted Star wars figure in a number of different poses possibly facing off against the best of the Vaders Hasbro has put out (evolutions gets my vote)? At least one Luke to have in a cool neutral pose and one to have in a duelling pose. You cannot escape your destiny - you must open at least 2 jedi Luke figures.

ROTJLuke
10-24-2005, 08:14 PM
only one to open?? Wouldn't you like to be able to see your most-coveted Star wars figure in a number of different poses possibly facing off against the best of the Vaders Hasbro has put out (evolutions gets my vote)? At least one Luke to have in a cool neutral pose and one to have in a duelling pose. You cannot escape your destiny - you must open at least 2 jedi Luke figures.

Hahaha, your right. Hell, Ill buy 10, as long as hasbro puts this figure out sometime in the near future. I dont know if I can wait till 2018. :(

DarkArtist
10-25-2005, 08:42 AM
I called R2 a repack in the Hoth Wave due to no sensor scope. I loved that feature on the vintage Kenner figure and even the POTF versions. The figure itself is a far better improvement over what has been made before.
As far as the snowtrooper goes, to me it looks like a repack of the Saga one, but it seems I am wrong.

As far as the Endor Luke, Hasbro knows what the fans want, their problem is that they want a profit just as much as we want SA figures. (Now this is not a siding with Hasbro statement) True hasbro will make a profit off the figures regardless of what they make since most of us are completists and want at least one of each of figure, I know I am, but the idea of SA has somewhat eluded them. I am looking forward to seeing the pics of this wave and hope that Hasbro pulls it together and gives us an awesome line.

Also I hope that the Emperor is not a repack, unless it is the Evolutions one. plus he should come with a throne and force lighting, as well as his cane.

ROTJLuke
10-25-2005, 12:56 PM
I called R2 a repack in the Hoth Wave due to no sensor scope. I loved that feature on the vintage Kenner figure and even the POTF versions. The figure itself is a far better improvement over what has been made before.
As far as the snowtrooper goes, to me it looks like a repack of the Saga one, but it seems I am wrong.

As far as the Endor Luke, Hasbro knows what the fans want, their problem is that they want a profit just as much as we want SA figures. (Now this is not a siding with Hasbro statement) True hasbro will make a profit off the figures regardless of what they make since most of us are completists and want at least one of each of figure, I know I am, but the idea of SA has somewhat eluded them. I am looking forward to seeing the pics of this wave and hope that Hasbro pulls it together and gives us an awesome line.

Also I hope that the Emperor is not a repack, unless it is the Evolutions one. plus he should come with a throne and force lighting, as well as his cane.

Well this is my only reason for holding on to the idea that Luke is infact a resculpt. Hasbro said that they wouldnt put out anymore "action feature" figures, and if throne room duel Luke fits into that category, plus looking at the figures weve seen so far, he isnt on par with them in sculpting or articulation. Plus, there is a huge backlash from collectors on this one, and they cant expect kids to just all of a sudden buy him up more so than before. I also believe that hasbro does understand the demand for movie accurate figures, and if they were to repackage the saga jabba's luke, it would indeed be inaccurate. Look at the TRD figure, when they realized the obvious mistake of painting the left hand black, they rushed into production to change it. Hasbro does acknowledge movie accurateness, and theyve been pretty good about giving us accurate figures. Finally, the demand for a brand new DS Duel/Endor Luke is extremly high, and they're more likely to put this one out (being on collectors wishlists) than an obscure or background character like Jabba's Palace cronies or Cantina Dwellers. Im thinking Jerjerrod, Chirpa and Luke will be new sculpts (following the Carcoon wave with three new figures), and 3PO and the DS Gunner will be great kitbashed/retooled figures. I believe they could even please collectors by rehashing the Evolutions Vader/Palpatine with a new ROTJ head sculpt, and the Endor Commando will more than likely be a rehash. I dont think too many people army build hardcore with this fellow, but I could be wrong. Im praying hasbro doesnt f**k this up, a new Luke DSII Duel figure on par with the Obi-Wan Pilot articulation is WAAAAYYYYY over due, and its one we have all been asking for for a long time now.