PDA

View Full Version : Saga 2 Kitbashed Snowtrooper.

Turbowars
10-19-2005, 09:44 PM
I know some of you guys might have noticed, but the new Snowtrooper that is in the up coming Hoth wave isn't just an old Saga version. It looks to me that the torso and head are from the Saga figure and the arms and legs are either new or from the POTF2 version. You can tell that arms are different because the shoulder pads are on correctly and the legs now have knee pads and better looking boots.

Just thought some of you might want to know.

jedi master sal
10-20-2005, 08:59 AM
You can tell that arms are different because the shoulder pads are on correctly and the legs now have knee pads and better looking boots.

I too noticed the shoulder pad thing. Didn't look at the knee pads though. Hmm, I may get more than one or two of this one now. I just wish it was the grunt Snowtrooper instead of the officer. Oh well, guess I can always sand the rank insignia off of the fig.

Jayspawn
10-20-2005, 10:17 AM
I think it looks great. Cant wait to get a few of these!

ROTJLuke
10-21-2005, 05:25 PM
I honestly dont mind kitbashed figures :) Theybe been doin a great job with them thus far.

LTBasker
10-21-2005, 06:12 PM
Dang it Turbo, why'd you have to point this out?

Now instead of just buying a carded one for the set, I'm going to buy some to open. :p

Turbowars
10-21-2005, 06:43 PM
Sorry LT, just doing my part in making Hasbro richer.:thumbsup:

TheDarthVader
10-21-2005, 11:43 PM
What!? D*mn you Turbowars! I need more snowtroopers for my AT-AT! I already have seven saga snowtroopers inside of it. Now I am going to have to get some of these "better" versions for the ground. I am going to buy as many as I can find.

B.
TDV

Turbowars
10-21-2005, 11:48 PM
Hey, at least there's 2 in a case. :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-22-2005, 11:22 AM
It looks to me that the head, torso, skirt, and crotch are from the 2003 Saga/2004 OTC version, and the arms and legs are from the 1997 POTF2 version. The stance appears wider than on the POTF2 version, due to the crotch being from the Saga version.

I think it looks good, and I'll definitely get a few, but the outdated arms (particularly the hands) make it look a little weird. Oh well, new troopers is new troopers. :)

plasticfetish
10-22-2005, 03:54 PM
You can tell that arms are different because the shoulder pads are on correctly and the legs now have knee pads and better looking boots.Wow. Good eye... I wasn't really thinking about that when I looked at it. I hate the Saga Snowtrooper -- Hasbro should put out a special press release saying, "Hey! We fixed the thing... please forget about the other one."

Does it look like the knees are bendable also? Mmm, gonna need a few of these.

Turbowars
10-22-2005, 09:18 PM
Wow. Good eye... I wasn't really thinking about that when I looked at it. I hate the Saga Snowtrooper -- Hasbro should put out a special press release saying, "Hey! We fixed the thing... please forget about the other one."

Does it look like the knees are bendable also? Mmm, gonna need a few of these.No bendable knees.:tired:

Thanks for clarifying what was in my 1st post JabbaJohn.;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-23-2005, 12:17 PM
Thanks for clarifying what was in my 1st post JabbaJohn.

Yep, it's always good to retread on some stuff. :D I just wanted to point out in my post that the arms and legs are indeed from the POTF2 version and are NOT new.

I wonder if he'll come with the cannon? I really don't want another one of those.