PDA

View Full Version : Changes You'd Like to See on the Inevitable Upcoming Re-releases

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-23-2005, 02:12 PM
The Phantom Menace
*Yoda - like on the ROTS DVD, they need to replace the horrible puppet with the awesome CGI version.

Revenge of the Sith
*Droid voices - the ROTS battle droid voices make my skin crawl! Just change them to the TPM/AOTC voices.

Return of the Jedi
*Lando's back - when he turns away from Han and walks to the Falcon, and he turns into a damn silhouette . . . that bugs the nuts outta me. Either change it so it's not as bad, or just trim the scene so we don't even see him walk so much.

What else?

Rocketboy
10-23-2005, 04:48 PM
I agree on Menace and Sith, but I never really noticed the Lando thing.

The two I can think of off the top of my head are:
Jedi: Return Han's original dialogue from the new "Icanseealotbetter" back to "Trust me."
And of course...
ANH: Han shooting first.

Slicker
10-23-2005, 05:08 PM
ROTJ: Definitely Han's dialogue in Jedi.
ROTJ: The old Rebo Band from Jedi needs to come back.
AOTC: Need I even say the sorry excuse for a love scene on Naboo.

sith_killer_99
10-23-2005, 06:27 PM
Well, how about GL change the OT back to the Original Theatrical release just keep the cleaner "DVD" picture quality.

Call me nuts, I just want the actual OT on DVD.:yes:

Anyway, as far as the PT goes, I don't really have much input. The biggest complaint I have is the pixilated scene where Qui-Gon saves Jar-Jar, it really annoys me.

2-1B
10-23-2005, 10:30 PM
They should delete all black people from the saga to please Slicker.

Rocketboy
10-23-2005, 11:50 PM
Call me nuts, I just want the actual OT on DVD.Ebay my friend. Ebay.

They should delete all black people from the saga to please Slicker.:confused:

2-1B
10-24-2005, 02:06 AM
:confused:

My mistake, I must have gotten the wrong impression somewhere . . .

I'd like to see the Spirit of Anakin wearing his ROTS duds in ROTJ.
I'd like the old Sarlaac back.
I'd like Greedo to not shoot. Period.
I'd like the TPM puppet Yoda replaced with the CG model. Or at least his big eyes.
I'd like Luke's "that's not true, that's impossible. No. Nooooo ohhhh ohhhhh" cut from ESB.
I'd like the old Sy Snootles back.
I'd like to see Padme's parents back in AOTC.

The 'Xir
10-24-2005, 11:21 AM
Is it possible to just have TPM, and then have a screen card saying 13 years later and then just show the final duel between Ben and Anakin. :nerv:
No?! So much for wishful thinking.

One thing(which I've pointed out a doz x's on this site) that has always bugged me about the OT is in ANH. Right after the falcon blasts it's way out of Mos Eisley, Luke accuses Han,"why don'tcha out run them, I thought you said this thing was fast!" Well after Han's response including the whole dusting crops comment and all, at the end he adds, "besides, I know a few manuveurs, we'll lose'em". However right after that comment it cuts to the Star Destroyer hot on the Falcons tail, but the falcon is just flying straight, and I always thought it would be fun to put a CG falcon in there doing all sorts of twists and turns kinda like in the Asteroid chase in ESB. But that's just me! Again wishful thinking. :(

As far as any serious rerelease changes in AotC and RotS, I don't think Sirsteves has enough computing power to hold my response on that one. :crazed:

2-1B
10-24-2005, 12:08 PM
I've gotta say it again, Xir I think you are the only person on the face of the planet to enjoy TPM while disliking AOTC and ROTS. :crazed:

Rogue II
10-24-2005, 03:38 PM
I've gotta say it again, Xir I think you are the only person on the face of the planet to enjoy TPM while disliking AOTC and ROTS. :crazed:

Actually, I think TPM is the best of the 3 Prequels, too. (At least until I watch ROTS again.) I've learned to black out all of the things that bothered me...the midichlorians, Anakin building C-3PO & meeting R2-D2, etc. AOTC was ok up until the chase scene with Zam Wessel ends. Aparently, the movie keeps going on after that...:D But, since Lucas probably won't rewrite the entire prequel trilogy, I guess I can live with the films that were made.

Besides the previously mentioned Yoda and Greedo changes, I'd like them to re-edit the Jabba scene in ANH. Han stepping on Jabba's tail is still wierd. Maybe they can throw a few more gratitous shots of Boba Fett standing around.:rolleyes:

Re-do the CGI animation of the band in Jabba's palace. I cringe every time I can see the saliva dripping inside of the male singer's mouth. Then again, the crappy CGI kind of ties the movies together with the annoying animation of the battle of Geonosis.

El Chuxter
10-24-2005, 03:42 PM
Personally, I think Henry Winkler should be digitally inserted into the background of at least one scene in each movie.

Imagine Henry Winkler's head on one of the CG Utapau Clonetrooper bodies. That's some funny stuff right there.

CaptainSolo1138
10-24-2005, 03:44 PM
the final duel between Ben and Anakin.When I forst glanced at that as I scrolled down the page I thought it said "the final duel between Ben Affleck". Important to note? Hardly. Further evidence that I'm on crack and don't know it? For sure.

I'd like to see alot of the SE "improvements" tossed. Some (the additions to Cloud City, the expanded Mos Eisley opening) were really good, but every real improvement seems to be negated by the Muppet Show in Jabba's Palace, the Sarlaac beak, Atkins Jabba talking to Han (Hanjabba?), and the blasphemous "first shot" BS.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-24-2005, 06:19 PM
For ANH, ROTJ, and a lot of TPM, I think they need to re-do the CGI, as it just looks so much better nowadays. They particularly need to re-do the ronto, sarlacc, Jabba's band, and maybe some Gungans.

I also want them to replace "You were lucky to get out of there" with "You're lucky you don't taster very good!" I just like the older one better.

For deleted scene reincorporations, they need these:
*TPM - Farewell to Jira - not necessarily Anakin saying goodbye to Jira, but definitely the part where Qui-Gon cuts down the probe droid and they start running.
*AOTC - Padmé's family - maybe not both scenes of them, but at least one, I think. It shows a less creepy relationship between Ani and Padmé, and also it's not so out of the blue when her parents and nieces show up again in ROTS.
*ROTS - Qui-Gon - even though it wasn't filmed, would it really be that hard to have Liam (or at least some other voice actor) and Frank Oz do some lines and have some new CGI of Yoda? They should also kind of retool the script for that part, since Qui-Gon doesn't need to tell Yoda that he learned to retain his spirit since Yoda already knows that he did that. Maybe a quick discussion about the Sith, Qui-Gon regretting finding Anakin in the first place, and Qui-Gon telling Yoda that he'll help teach him how to remain "alive."
*ROTS - Yoda arriving on Dagobah - short and sweet, there's no reason for it not to be in there.

Oh, and the reversed shots really "flip" me out. (Pun intended, thank you very much. :D ) Just do like they did in ESB and digitally change the obvious stuff to the correct side - Obi-Wan's braid on Tatooine, Ani's braid in the club, Boba's antenna in Jabba's palace.

For the sarlacc, they definitely need to keep the beak and extra tentacles. Without it, it just looks . . . well, you know. I think the beak is much better than a man-eating p***y. But, re-do its CGI.

tagmac
10-24-2005, 07:16 PM
ANH: - Han shoots first - 'nuff said!
- Biggs scene (at least as a deleted scene)

ESB: - Wampa scenes restored & included

ROTJ: - Original Rebo Band footage restored
- Extended Rancor scene
- Extended Sarlaac battle footage (w/ Han's original "trust me" restored)
- Sandstorm scene restored
- Extended Death Star footage (Royal Guard attack)
- Re-do the ending to get "Yub Nub" back in there, while still showing the footage of other worlds.

TPM: - More Darth Maul footage!!!!! We know a lot was cut, so edit it back in!
- Replace puppet Yoda w/ CGI version

AOTC: - Extended version of the Obi-Wan/Jango battle
- Finish & include the scene w/ Ki-Adi Mundi, Adi Gallia, & Plo Koon
- Scene of Boba Fett blasting off in the Slave I (to add some closure/connection to OT)

ROTS: - Extended opening battle
- Battle Droid voices fixed to sound more like they did in TPM
- Count Dooku outing Palpy before his death (if it was filmed) and the extended saber battle between he, Anakin, & Kenobi
- Alternate version of Mace's death (Palpy w/ Anakin's saber)
- All rebellion scenes included back in the movie
- Extended Kashyyk Battle (this was waaaay too short)
- Yoda's escape from Kashyyk - Tarfful & Chewie deserved at least one scene of them destroying clones
- QUI-GON!!!!!!! Lucas promised the secret of why Jedi disappear would be revealed, but unless you read the book, there was no mention of this in the film. With all the $$ they've earned, I'm sure Liam Neeson could be convinced ot get into costume and film a few lines so as to appear as a ghost. Forget the voice - this should be a ghostly appearance to connect to Obi-Wan's appearance in the OT (although a voice-over would be better than nothing) Personally, I can't believe this was never even filmed to begin with!

(I realize this is a lot for ROTS, but if any of the movies deserved a 3+ hour, LOTR-style treatment on DVD, this is the one. Hope Lucas is listening!!!)

Darkross
10-25-2005, 08:52 PM
TPM: Extend the Maul / Obi-Wan Duel and Extend the Obi-Wan / Qui-Gon / Maul Duels. Take out all scenes with Gungans, and Nemoidians.

AOTC: Extend the Dooku & Yoda Duel, and show the Jedi invade the Trade Federation Ship.

ROTS: Show the two deleted scenes from the Invisible Hand where Anakin & Obi-Wan watch Grevious kill Shak-Ti and escape in the Fuel Tanks. Take out that Vader said Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

ANH: Han Shoot Greedo only, Jabba Scene cleaned up again.

ESB: Put the old Emperor Dialog with Vader back but keep McDiarmid Emperor for the scene. Include the Wampa attack on base scene, and the Snowtroopers get mangled by Wampas scene.

ROTJ: Put the original Jabba's Palace music number back, and include the Sandstorm scene on Tattooine.

Also...redo all Naboo and Nemoidian ships...they all look so dumb! I hate the Trade Federation ships and all Naboo ships especially the Naboo Starfighter.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-25-2005, 09:43 PM
Re-do the ending to get "Yub Nub" back in there, while still showing the footage of other worlds.
God no!!!!! I hate the old song. It's a freakin' teddy bears picnic and is way too happy for me. The new one instills a feeling of "Yes, we did it!" and helps much better to close the whole saga, whereas the old one is more like, "Let's frolic in the flowers!"

In addition to the added planet scenes, we need to have a Kaminoan orgy thrown in there. ;) :D

2-1B
10-26-2005, 01:27 AM
My public apology to Slicker for my sarcastic remarks - sorry for a misunderstanding spilling into a different thread instead of squaring things away in a more dignified manner. :)

---------------

Yub Nub ? No way I would ever want that back, no way EVER. :D It's a neat diddy but come on, I don't want that in the movie. I'm glad I have it on CD so I can hear it sometimes but NOT in ROTJ, are you kidding me ? :crazed:

JimJamBonds
10-26-2005, 11:01 AM
I always kind of liked Yub Nub, but with the expanded number of planets we see I understand that a new song is needed. The one thing that bugs me about it is the Ewok that is doing his Keith Moon impression on some trooper helmets, it fits in with Yub Nub but with the new song its out of place.

tagmac
10-27-2005, 12:13 AM
I just finally saw the Droid Control Ship footage from AOTC on Hyperspace. Now I really hope they include an extended version of the battle of Geonosis when the box set comes out.

mastermatt24
10-27-2005, 12:40 AM
I wouldnt mind seeing some color variations on OT Stormies

DarkArtist
10-27-2005, 05:25 PM
TPM : add the probe droid scene in (it explains the reasons why Qui Gon and Anakin are running in the first place.)

TPM: Darth Maul ( This guy was a bad*** and should have more screen tim)

TPM : replace Yoda with a CG version

AOTC: I like the idea of Boba Fett escaping from Geonosis, seeing the Slave 1 rocket away would be a cool scene.

ROTS: more scenes from the novel (The death of the Jedi in Palpy's office is just awesome and adds more hatred to the character)

ROTS: the horrible VADER "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO' scene. just give it the axe. the scene would have worked so much better had Vader just stood there and crushed the medical equiptment with the force then cry out in agony.

ANH: the deleted scenes with Biggs, after all since they respliced in the rebel hanger scene it would be a great addition for the other scenes to be put back as well.

ESB: Dagobah, the original line that Luke uses after Artoo is spit out of the swamp is much better, and funnier, "You're lucky you don't taste very good."

ROTJ: Restore the SandStorm scene, the Imperial Guard Attack scene and perhaps extend the final battle scenes. It would be cool to see aspects of EU in the OT. After all the images from the CG card series as well as the rogue and wraith squadron novels make it seem as if Endor was one awesome battle to see. Also I like the the Manga Comics take on ROTJ, If you look towards the end of the comic, the part where the victory celebration is about to take place, they show Endor and a panel of drifting hulks of TIE fighters and Star Destroyers.