PDA

View Full Version : VOTC POTF Collection

ROTJLuke
10-24-2005, 12:01 AM
Is there rumors saying there is going to be another 12 VOTC styled figures? If so, I hope they put out an Endor Luke in the ROTJ wave, and one that could be used as a repack later to stand for as the DS Duel one. Anyone else heard rumors about this, and if so what figures would you like to see? Ill post mine later, Im tired and Im payacin out. :thumbsup:

Deoxyribonucleic
10-24-2005, 01:26 AM
haven't heard about it but I'd like to see (and not in any special order)...

1. Tusken Raider

2. Jawa

3. Death "Squad" Commander

4. Luke X-Wing

5. Leia Hoth

6. Han Hoth

7. Luke Hoth

8. Stormtrooper Hoth

9. Boushh

10. Wicket

11. Emperor Palpatine

12. Biker Scout

Bacta Beast
10-24-2005, 09:42 AM
Are you referring to that new line? Hasbro announced they're giving up on the 12" license. Someone else is picking it up, I think it was sideshow or someone like that.

jjreason
10-24-2005, 10:42 AM
I'm sure he's referring to the 3.75" VOTC line from 2004, Bacta Beast, the ones with the retro packaging and special star cases protecting them.

I like those figures, but I hate the price point. I'd much prefer Hasbro to continue on with the Evolutions 3 packs of higher-end figures, and then to carry on with this concept as "Troop Builder Sets"

1. Luke Skywalker (Tatooine, Bespin, Jedi Knight/Throne Room)

2. Obi Wan Kenobi (TPM, AOTC, Old Man Ben)

3. Imperial Officer, Imperial Gunner, Imperial Trooper

4. Rebel Tantive IV Trooper, Endor Rebel Trooper, Rebel Flight Technician

Etc, etc. There's lots of room for high end figures, I'd just rather get 3 for $35 than spend an extra $15 per figure on the VOTC single releases. (And I'm not crazy, those were the CDN prices for theses figures and sets).

Deoxyribonucleic
10-24-2005, 12:35 PM
2. Obi Wan Kenobi (TPM, AOTC, Old Man Ben)

isn't the idea behind these figures being from the vintage kenner line? (hint: there are no vintage prequel figs) *wink wink

I'm just giving you a hard time ;)

Devo
10-24-2005, 01:21 PM
Deoxyribonucleic's (what a username!!) list is probably the most suitable for another Vintage themed line. It takes some of the most important or notable figures from the vintage collection for each film. The only thing is I really don't think characters like the Jawa, Tusken raider or Wicket need SA treatment. And Boushh is a character we are getting in the basic Saga 2 line so it would seem to be a waste to have it here aswell. Perhaps a new Jabba's palace Luke with ROTS Dooku articulation (saga one is best for neutral standing only) or a core character in endor fatigues.

maatu
10-24-2005, 05:54 PM
well if they do the votc line again.. i liked everybodies suggestions. but i want han solo and luke skywalker in stormtrooper outfits with super articulation..

ROTJLuke
10-24-2005, 07:16 PM
Id love to see luke endor/stormtrooper/jedi w/ a removable cloth tunic. :) Ive been hearing rumors ever since the "swami" on GH stated that OTC/VOTC were comming back in '06

Deoxyribonucleic
10-24-2005, 08:48 PM
well if they do the votc line again.. i liked everybodies suggestions. but i want han solo and luke skywalker in stormtrooper outfits with super articulation..

Great idea! :thumbsup:

...but, they never had one in the old vintage line so there would be no vintage card to go with, unless of course they made one up... :)

JEDIpartner
10-24-2005, 09:36 PM
I don't want anymore VOTC figures. They would make the original VOTCs less special.

Jayspawn
10-26-2005, 09:11 AM
I'm with JEDIpartnr. I'd rather not see anymore. The figures are awesome but the ones that came out are still unique.

DarkArtist
10-27-2005, 04:08 PM
Great idea! :thumbsup:

...but, they never had one in the old vintage line so there would be no vintage card to go with, unless of course they made one up... :)

they didhave a Luke in Stormtrooper Disguise as part of the vintage line, he was included in the POTF set. It actualy was a decent figure for the time and now that they are starting to make the figures with the swivel head feature an updated version would be awesome.

As far as Han the card could just be made up and use the same method for the Luke, perhaps making Han's stormtrooper body a little taller.

I would so buy a set of the VOTC series 2.

Figures I would like to see:

Luke Skywalker X-Wing pilot - new sculpt, blaster with holster and lightsaber and lightsaber hilt that attaches to belt, removable helmet

Princess Leia Jabba's Slave - new sculpt, metal chain, force pike, cloth skirt

Emperor Palpatine - hell this can be a reissue of the Evolutions sith set but with a throne accessory

Luke Skywalker Death Star Duel - new sculpt, binders, lightsaber and lightsaber hilt, force lighting effects.

Imperial Scout Trooper - new sculpt, removable helmet blaster pistol

of course it goes without saying that all the figures are super articulated.:thumbsup:

ROTJLuke
10-27-2005, 04:59 PM
they didhave a Luke in Stormtrooper Disguise as part of the vintage line, he was included in the POTF set. It actualy was a decent figure for the time and now that they are starting to make the figures with the swivel head feature an updated version would be awesome.

As far as Han the card could just be made up and use the same method for the Luke, perhaps making Han's stormtrooper body a little taller.

I would so buy a set of the VOTC series 2.

Figures I would like to see:

Luke Skywalker X-Wing pilot - new sculpt, blaster with holster and lightsaber and lightsaber hilt that attaches to belt, removable helmet

Princess Leia Jabba's Slave - new sculpt, metal chain, force pike, cloth skirt

Emperor Palpatine - hell this can be a reissue of the Evolutions sith set but with a throne accessory

Luke Skywalker Death Star Duel - new sculpt, binders, lightsaber and lightsaber hilt, force lighting effects.

Imperial Scout Trooper - new sculpt, removable helmet blaster pistol

of course it goes without saying that all the figures are super articulated.:thumbsup:

Would def. love to see those figures, and it looks like we may be getting the X-Wing Luke. :thumbsup: :D :D

TheDarthVader
10-27-2005, 05:25 PM
The orginal twelve is enough for me. That is, if Hasbro is going to contine to charge $9.99 per figure. If that is the case then I don't want to see any more VOTC figures...EVER!

B.
TDV

ROTJLuke
10-27-2005, 05:37 PM
I thought the line was brilliant, and the figures are phenominal, I saw BRING ON MORE VOTC FIGURES!!!!!

Deoxyribonucleic
10-27-2005, 08:14 PM
I thought the line was brilliant, and the figures are phenominal, I saw BRING ON MORE VOTC FIGURES!!!!!

I can't believe I forgot about the POTF 85 pinhead luke in stormtrooper disguise!

That I'd like to see, and I would definitely buy a second set of VOTC but I'm gonna be a "perfectionist" or "old school" person and say that I would hope they only do VOTC figures (with update resculpts of course) from the orginal vintage kenner line put on the orginal cards! So I wouldn't want a Han in stormtrooper disguise on a made up card that never existed in the orginal line but that is not to say I wouldn't want an updated sculpt of him on some other card, say the new Saga line that's coming out in 2006.

I was extremely happy with the first line of VOTC and I really didn't mind the price...$9.99 is not too bad for what we got!

Just my opinion though :thumbsup:

bobafrett
10-27-2005, 10:13 PM
I don't know, I thought there were many dissapointments with the original 12 VOTC, like the 3PO for example, what an overpriced piece of trash. Yoda wasn't worth the $9.99 price tag, nor the R2 for that matter. I was happy with the Stormtrooper, the Fett, Chewbacca, and Vader, and so so with Luke, Han, Leia and Lando.

DarkArtist
10-28-2005, 08:12 AM
While Vader, Fett and the stormtrooper were the best three out of that line, perhaps Hasbro will learn it lesson with the hunk of crap Threepio and give us a new lower price VOTC maybe $7.99, and give us the figures we really want.

I also think that even thought the idea was to give us vintage style Kenner cards with the figures that were released in 1977, it would be cool to see some prequel figures done the same way.

dindae
10-28-2005, 06:09 PM
Being strictly an opener I'm not thrilled at another wave of VOTC. As far as how good the figures were themselves, I can't see where we got much more then we did for Episode III (not the action feature figs but the collection 2 figures). I thought figs like Dooku and Shaak Ti were every bit as good as any VOTC figure. If it meant every figure would be that good I wouldn't have a problem paying more but I felt like most of the extra bucks went to packaging.

ROTJLuke
10-29-2005, 11:33 AM
I loved the line, and would def. love to see it come back, and as someone else had mentioned, bring back the older figures on different cardbacks, i.e. Luke Skywalker (Tatooine) on an Empire card, and so on.