PDA

View Full Version : November 2005 DVDs - round 'em up fellas !

2-1B
10-24-2005, 01:24 AM
11/1
Star Wars part 3

11/8
The Devil's Rejects
Jay and Silent Bob Do Degrassi

11/22
Seinfeld vol. 4
Seinfeld vol. 5

11/29
Mr. & Mrs. Smith (maybe?)
Deuce Bigalow 2 (I really shouldn't but I might for the hell of it?)
Family Guy vol. 3

And I'm definitely going to rent March of the Penguins. :)

Mandalorian Candidat
10-24-2005, 06:51 PM
Toss in Clone Wars Volume 2...or does that come out in December?

Jayspawn
10-24-2005, 09:22 PM
I have a few in November....

November 1st
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

November 8th
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

November 22nd
The King Kong Collection

Rocketboy
10-24-2005, 09:29 PM
Although I may have to wait until Christmas (or after) for some:

11/1
Star Wars Episode III

11/8
Beavis and Butt-Head: The Mike Judge Collection Vol. 1
Jay & Silent Bob Do Degrassi (Unrated)

11/15
Scrubs Season 2

11/29
Family Guy Vol. 3
Mr & Mrs Smith

UKWildcat
10-24-2005, 11:49 PM
11/1
Star Wars Ep III -duh

11/8
B&B Vol 1 - Mike Judge Coll.

11/15
Friends - Complete 10th Season
Scrubs - Season 2

11/22
Aeon Flux - Complete Animated Collection (awfully tempting)
AVP - Director's Cut (to complete Alien/Predator collection)
Seinfeld 5 & 6 Giftset

11/29
Family Guy Vol. 3

Definitely a lot of renters this month and possible buys, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Degrassi, The Skeleton Key, TRU Calling Season 2 (I know, don't make fun), Polar Express, War Of the Worlds, Deuce Bigalow and Mr and Mrs Smith. I should be rather busy during Novemeber.:D

2-1B
10-25-2005, 02:51 AM
I might rent Viet Cong and the Chocolate Factory if only to see if it's as annoying as the trailers made it look. lol lol lol

Slicker
10-25-2005, 03:42 AM
I hear there's a new Star War movie coming out. I may have to get that.

sith_killer_99
10-25-2005, 10:53 AM
TRU Calling Season 2 (I know, don't make fun)

No laughing here. But I already picked up a copy of it at Best Buy, so it's out now, with the final unaired episode. It was labeled "Best Buy Exclusive". So, I'm not sure if they are releasing Season 2 without the extras in Nov. or what. All the sites I have been to say the release date is 15 NOV.

Very strange.

I will be buying EP3 and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-25-2005, 07:11 PM
Space: Above and Beyond comes out on 11/8 everywhere else (it's a BB exclusive now). It should be cheaper at Target or WM.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-25-2005, 08:51 PM
Definitely ROTS, of course. I didn't even know Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was coming out so soon but I'll also get that.

General_Grievous
10-28-2005, 04:49 PM
First off, I already picked up ROTS at a video store that put it out early.

11/8
Might pick up Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, will definitely pick up Beavis and Butthead.

11/29
Family Guy Vol. 3

And I'll probably rent War of the Worlds to see the extras.

JimJamBonds
10-30-2005, 10:26 PM
11/01 I don't think anybody else mentioned this one: Office Space Special Edition with Flair! I think I may have to double dip on this one and pick it up. :)

2-1B
10-31-2005, 12:36 AM
No way will I touch that one, not enough new extras to justify it.

James Boba Fettfield
11-01-2005, 05:07 PM
Nobody picking up the new edition of The Frighteners at the end of the month?

Caesar, nice to see some love for The Devil's Rejects.

I'm also glad to see the decisions to rent the new War of the Worlds before buying. Still on the fence as to whether I want to own it.

2-1B
11-02-2005, 01:53 AM
Nobody picking up the new edition of The Frighteners at the end of the month?

I really like that movie but I'm not planning to double dip. Do you think it's worth it ? (I haven't read up on the DVD specs). But it's a cool movie, I love it . . . hey Jaymz, I'm sure you're aware that it was first conceived as a Tales from the Crypt movie with Zemeckis and his cronies, but how do you think it would have ended if they did do it that way ? (you know, with a twist ending and all).

Caesar, nice to see some love for The Devil's Rejects.

Absolutely, and the first viewing on DVD will be bittersweet in honor of Tiny aka Matt McGrory. I mentioned in the Rejects thread but I believe you were still away from the forums, well I saw him at a horror show back in August and he passed away a few weeks later so that was sad to hear. Hopefully Rob Zombie has some good behind the scenes footage of him on the DVD. :) The stuff on the soundtrack dualdisc was really neat, I liked the footage of Tiny dragging his date through the woods. :crazed:

I'm also glad to see the decisions to rent the new War of the Worlds before buying. Still on the fence as to whether I want to own it.

I actually might rent that one as well, I absolutely hated it in the theater and thought it was awful, so awful that I believe I feel asleep during a specific scene and I'd like to see that one. lol

It was this scene:

spoiler:

spoiler:

spoiler:

spoiler:

The scene where TomKat beats Robbins with the shovel. lol lol lol

James Boba Fettfield
11-02-2005, 05:15 AM
I really like that movie but I'm not planning to double dip. Do you think it's worth it ? (I haven't read up on the DVD specs). But it's a cool movie, I love it . . . hey Jaymz, I'm sure you're aware that it was first conceived as a Tales from the Crypt movie with Zemeckis and his cronies, but how do you think it would have ended if they did do it that way ? (you know, with a twist ending and all).

Off the top of my head, I can't say I knew that information but it sounds familiar. I don't rightly know where to even begin with designing an ending if it ultimately turned out as a Crypt movie. My belief, the whole film would have to be reworked first and then I'd maybe have an idea for an ending that would fit the Crypt style. You got an idea for the ending?

Do I think it's worth it...Yeah, I think it's worth a purchase even if you have the old edition. The big seller for me is that it's Jackson's director's cut, which is, I believe, around 13 minutes of added footage. It's also supposed to contain one hell of a documentary on the film. Though it's not been made known, at least to my knowledge, how big the documentary is. Originally, the laserdisc, where the documentary comes from, version of the doc was more than 4 hours! So how much of that makes it to the new disc, I don't know, but at least some of it will. It also comes with a free ticket to see Jackson's King Kong. Yeah, they pretty much have me for buying this set.

Absolutely, and the first viewing on DVD will be bittersweet in honor of Tiny aka Matt McGrory. I mentioned in the Rejects thread but I believe you were still away from the forums, well I saw him at a horror show back in August and he passed away a few weeks later so that was sad to hear. Hopefully Rob Zombie has some good behind the scenes footage of him on the DVD. :) The stuff on the soundtrack dualdisc was really neat, I liked the footage of Tiny dragging his date through the woods. :crazed:

DVD Talk posted a review yesterday for the disc and one of the extras is "a nice tribute to the late Matthew McGrory"

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=18504

I actually might rent that one as well, I absolutely hated it in the theater and thought it was awful, so awful that I believe I feel asleep during a specific scene and I'd like to see that one. lol

I never fell asleep, but I made it known after the film ended that I thought it blew. That scene you mention is okay, but, from what I remember, it all plays out behind a closed door. Really, I just want the film for the death laser scenes. The rest of it was bad.

Hellboy
11-12-2005, 03:37 PM
I'm a little late posting my purchases this month and both the titles I wanted have already come out but here they are anyway.

November 1
-Star Wars: Episode III

November 8
-The Devil's Rejects

Battle Droid
11-29-2005, 12:08 PM
Today Jurassic Park: The Franchise Collection Adventure Pack.

2-1B
03-04-2007, 06:00 PM
I'm a little late posting my purchases this month and both the titles I wanted have already come out but here they are anyway.

November 1
-Star Wars: Episode III

November 8
-The Devil's Rejects

I picked them both up as well. Awesome flicks, I love them both !!! :)

UKWildcat
03-04-2007, 06:06 PM
I really enjoyed Devil's Rejects. That was a blind buy for me when it came out release week. I think some of you guys talked me into getting it actually. I ended up enjoying it more than House of 1000 Corpses. You can actually get Devil's Rejects this week from Circuit City for a mere $3.99. :eek:

2-1B
03-04-2007, 06:34 PM
3.99 ? :eek:

Maybe I should have waited to pick it up this week.

UKWildcat
03-05-2007, 10:37 AM
No kidding. That price is a steal, especially if it is the 2-disc Unrated Directors Cut and not the 1-disc (fullscreen) version.