PDA

View Full Version : What are you gonna be for Halloween

Blackened88
10-24-2005, 09:02 PM
What are you gonna be for Halloween? I'm gonna be Jango. :D

bobafrett
10-24-2005, 09:06 PM
A Stormtrooper, or a Tusken Raider, or a slice of Pizza.

Rocketboy
10-24-2005, 09:26 PM
I'm gonna be waiting for midnight.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-24-2005, 10:28 PM
What are you gonna be for Halloween?1980s-era John McEnroe, complete with wooden racket. No SW theme this year, however the anger is strong in this one. :mad:

Paraphrases:
"The question, you will answer, jerk!"
"You will find it is you, who cannot be serious... about a great, many, things."

JimJamBonds
10-24-2005, 11:07 PM
I'm gonna be waiting for midnight.

Good call there RB. :thumbsup:

Slicker
10-25-2005, 02:03 AM
I'm gonna be working.

2-1B
10-25-2005, 03:00 AM
I'm gonna be watching the Steelers hammer the Ravens . . . meh, I hate both of those teams.

I'm gonna be rejoicing that I have to work during Trick or Treat time, thank the maker I don't have to listen to that doorbell on Sunday while I'm watching football (recently moved to a town where they actual trick or treat on Halloween and not the nearest Sunday).

CooLJoE
10-25-2005, 03:33 AM
Its not exactly a specific person or thing, but I'm going to wear my black Jedi robe and paint my face like The Crow. Thats pretty much it, aside from wearing all black beneath the robe.

As for what I'm going to be doing, I'll be sitting on my best friend's porch, handing out candies to the kids. Still gotta finish decorating his porch though. He has one of those big old-style porches complete with pillars, like you would find back in the 1800s (wouldn't surprise me if his house was from the late 1800s or very early 1900s).

darthvyn
10-25-2005, 07:20 AM
man, every year i say i'm going to start thinking about it on the first of oct. and then end up scrounging around for stuff to wear on halloween...

El Chuxter
10-25-2005, 10:33 AM
I'm going to dress up like kidhuman. It's mah jawb.

sith_killer_99
10-25-2005, 11:16 AM
I just plan on throwing on the Vader helmet and taking out my Vader F/X saber. I'm not gonna do a whole big costume this year.

LusiferSam
10-25-2005, 02:31 PM
I'm going to do something my dad does when he needs a costume, full Boy Scout uniform. Shirt with my youth patches and awards, merit badge sash, OA sash, pants, belt, hat and even socks (I'll have to barrow a pair). Some additional items will be a swiss army knife, hiking boots, flashlight, maybe compass and maybe some rope. The hat is only a ball cap, not the campaign hat (Smoky the Bear hat). Those are like 90 buck plus another 5 for the pin. It should just blow the folks at the party I'm going to away. The only pain is going to be sewing on the 6 patches I need.

JetsAndHeels
10-25-2005, 08:50 PM
I am going to be a disgruntled Jets fan.

(Looks at himself in mirror)

What do you know, I am dressed up early this year

mabudonicus
10-26-2005, 08:52 AM
I lent the classic Jar Jar mask to a little kid across the street, so right now it's kinda up in the air, but I think I may be Dengar....

Vyn, I am the same way, every halloween I figure that I'll build a killer costume all year, then come oct 31 I too have to slap something together (SO many times I have put on a ball cap and some silly looking pants and said I was dressed as Kim Mitchell, but it is a lousy "costume")

CaptainSolo1138
10-26-2005, 03:16 PM
I lent the classic Jar Jar mask to a little kid across the street Not Lanny, Jr. right?!?!?

so right now it's kinda up in the air, but I think I may be Dengar....*SNICKER* Are you gonna wear your little backpack and head wrap too?*SNICKER*:D

darthvyn
10-26-2005, 07:44 PM
I lent the classic Jar Jar mask to a little kid across the street, so right now it's kinda up in the air, but I think I may be Dengar....

Vyn, I am the same way, every halloween I figure that I'll build a killer costume all year, then come oct 31 I too have to slap something together (SO many times I have put on a ball cap and some silly looking pants and said I was dressed as Kim Mitchell, but it is a lousy "costume")

yeah, a couple of years ago i put together a pretty good last-minute "zombie john ritter" costume.

Rocketboy
10-26-2005, 09:36 PM
yeah, a couple of years ago i put together a pretty good last-minute "zombie john ritter" costume.Sweeeeeet! Please tell me that you have pictures!

plasticfetish
10-30-2005, 04:08 PM
Let's bump this one up...

I'm sitting here building an Episode III Anakin costume for an 8 year old, (wishing I had time to do a Palpatine costume for myself.) let's make this an official "post pictures of your costume from this year" thread...

I'll see what I can do with them later. ;)

Dar' Argol
10-30-2005, 06:03 PM
Cool, I'll post the first pic then. My wife and I went to a Halloween party last night at her sisters . . . here's the pic of me and the Mrs Argol

bobafrett
10-30-2005, 10:26 PM
After being told that I was going to be delivering Pizza's on Halloween, and asking for the night off at the Y, I was told just yesterday that I wasn't going to be needed, now I'm just fumiong, and don't want to dress up at all. I will work as a disgruntled Y.M.C.A. employee.

LTBasker
10-30-2005, 10:50 PM
Was that the cop or mohawk guy? :p

Unfortunately, around here there is very little to do during halloween if you don't feel like trick or treating, theres no parties or anything like that. So...I'll just be my lazy and very tired Clone. :beard:

CaptainSolo1138
10-31-2005, 06:42 AM
I'm gonna be an IT employee for Halloween. I'll sit at my comfy chair listening to the hockey game, all the while prentending to be busy and attentive. God, I love student employment!:thumbsup:

Actually, Mrs. CaptainSolo is taking our nephews Trick or Treating tonite. I was gonna go since my Monday nite shift is totally optional, but I opted not to since I don't have a costume (someone might recognize me when I pee on their porch).

bobafrett
10-31-2005, 12:41 PM
Was that the cop or mohawk guy? :p

No, I actually work part time at the local Y.M.C.A., it's pretty cool, and I don't have to pay for a membership. Considering I work one of my jobs or another almost every hour the Y. is open, thats a good thing. I'll probably throw on my Tusken robes, and go as that tonight.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-31-2005, 06:18 PM
I was Napoleon Dynamite today at school, and I think I'm going trick-or-treating with a friend tonight as well. The outfit is totally sweet; I found awesome boots at Kmart for $5. :thumbsup:

I'll post pics in a week or two; I don't have a digital camera or scanner so I have to go the Wal-Mart pictures CD route.

THE Slayer
11-03-2005, 06:56 PM
I was a Jedi Master.
My MOm was Leia
My dad was Han
My Grandma was Luminara
My cousins were=
An Ewok
Darth Vader
Clone Trooper
And my Aunt and Uncle were
Fans with funny shirts we made with marker at the last minute.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-11-2005, 08:39 PM
Here's some pics of me as Napoleon, and also just plain ol' me with my clone trooper pumpkin.

plasticfetish
11-11-2005, 09:08 PM
Awww, good costume, but I was really hoping that you meant Napoleon Bonaparte. :)

-----

OK. Here's my kid as some guy...

TheDarthVader
11-11-2005, 09:22 PM
I was Napolen Dynamite too! I wish I had a picture. OH wait! Here is one! And heck, here is one of me on a normal day.

B.
TDV

Bel-Cam Jos
11-12-2005, 09:43 AM
Here's a scan of an old-school shot of me as "Return of the Jedi" Vader, as one young trick-or-treater called me (he got extra candy for knowing why I was unique to that film). Notice the high-quality plastic cup on my "battle damaged" hand and cardboard instrument panels. The reason for the skull cap was that I did not (and still do not) own the mask.

CaptainSolo1138
11-12-2005, 12:00 PM
JJL and TDV: GREAT costumes! Both of them were dead on!

BCJ: Nice "burned off hair" effect!:D

bobafrett
11-12-2005, 11:50 PM
Here is my Tusken raiding of a young female coworker of mine at the pizzeria I work at.

darthvyn
09-28-2006, 09:08 PM
i got the perfect one this year, following a theme...

zombie steve irwin.

i was zombie john ritter a few years ago.

bobafrett
09-28-2006, 10:25 PM
I wanted to be a slice of pizza, with a small sausage!

JimJamBonds
09-28-2006, 11:51 PM
i got the perfect one this year, following a theme...

zombie steve irwin.

i was zombie john ritter a few years ago.

You Sir are worse then Hitler!

El Chuxter
09-29-2006, 01:43 AM
Slicker's Mom. If I can find a scary enough mask.

mabudonicus
09-29-2006, 07:32 AM
Heck, I think I will be T-shirt ninja, sadly... I want to make a Galactus costume but I keep waffling between it and a few other Marvel characters so I doubt I'll actually construct it in time, leaving me a few hours on the actual day to cover some cardboard with tinfoil to makes some shuriken and I'll be good to go :beard:&

darthvyn
09-29-2006, 12:13 PM
You Sir are worse then Hitler!

i get that a lot...

actually, not a day went by in my illustration class sophmore year where my friends and i weren't told we were going to hell by the professor. but she loved it and said she'd meet us there.

i was picturing the costume in my mind on the subway this morning... i'd have to get the khaki safari shorts/shirt combo, get it good and dirty, with a huge blood stain on the shirt. i'm thinking about getting a plastic ray and attaching it to the shirt, too. then of course the zombie makeup. and i'll need a wig, cuz i'm buzzed right now.

Slicker
09-29-2006, 03:36 PM
zombie steve irwin.

Best. Costume. Idea. Ever.

Jargo
09-29-2006, 03:51 PM
I shall be a miserable old fart and bung the note in the window saying NO TRICK OR TREAT. Turn off the lightsat the front of the house and block up the letterbox flap. And point blank refuse to answer the door to demanding fat kids with sugar addictions.

Then I shall slip on a set of headphones and light up a doobie and listen to Roger Waters being miserable.

Or I shall open the door and let my entirely docile but very jumpy black dog out to scare the kids away.

Bah humbug.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-29-2006, 04:51 PM
Slicker's Mom. If I can find a scary enough mask.

and you would have to be covered in various bodily fluids and have things filled........yeah, i'll stop there. :thumbsup:

2-1B
09-29-2006, 07:31 PM
Hey JMG, I think this year I'll pay homage to Halpert and go as 3 Hole Punch Caesar. lol lol lol

Here's a scan of an old-school shot of me as "Return of the Jedi" Vader, as one young trick-or-treater called me (he got extra candy for knowing why I was unique to that film). Notice the high-quality plastic cup on my "battle damaged" hand and cardboard instrument panels. The reason for the skull cap was that I did not (and still do not) own the mask.

Nicely done ! Bonus points for having the pre-DVD-removed eyebrows. ;)

Here is my Tusken raiding of a young female coworker of mine at the pizzeria I work at.

Not sure how I missed this last year Frett :confused: but I don't blame you for wanting to raid her tusken...

:)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-01-2006, 09:46 AM
Gosh, I haven't the foggiest. The bad part is that I have to dress up this year, and I haven't worn a costume since the 8th grade.

I like some of the few ideas being tossed around, like Zombie Steve Irwin and such, but I think I have to stick to something more tame and less gruesome. Don't want to disturb the kiddies.

JimJamBonds
10-01-2006, 03:29 PM
Being a reenactor I have plenty of choices just sitting in my closet. :D

2-1B
10-01-2006, 04:14 PM
why not go as zombie cliff burton ? since he's, you know, wearing a zombie shirt...

JimJamBonds
10-01-2006, 11:26 PM
I own neither a.....

1) bass guitar

2) DoTD t-shirt.

bobafrett
10-02-2006, 10:53 PM
Not sure how I missed this last year Frett :confused: but I don't blame you for wanting to raid her tusken...

:)

She sadly quit a short time later, but I saw her just recently, just days after she turned 19. I got a big hug from her, but had to keep my "dirty" thoughts to myself, as I am old enough to be her father. :lipsrsealed:

Darth Instigator
10-03-2006, 12:21 PM
trying to be Darth Maul just need to get the costume, but not a cheesy one

Rocketboy
10-03-2006, 02:10 PM
She sadly quit a short time later, but I saw her just recently, just days after she turned 19. I got a big hug from her, but had to keep my "dirty" thoughts to myself, as I am old enough to be her father. :lipsrsealed:Or her daddy.

mabudonicus
10-03-2006, 04:37 PM
Man, I got the frame for a cool mask made up but don't know what I'm gonna make outta it- I'm thinking of making a Dai-KAiju (godzilla-type) design, maybe some sort of mantis-like thing, but after thiking of everything else I think I'm just gonna make a generic "Super Monster" costume :beard:&

Jargo
10-04-2006, 12:17 PM
I think I have to stick to something more tame and less gruesome. Don't want to disturb the kiddies.

I thought the whole idea was to disturb and traumatise kids at halloween? sets em up for future life I was always told. "kids LOVE to be scared" "kids love the grizzly side of things" :rolleyes:

:lipsrsealed:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-09-2006, 12:23 AM
I thought the whole idea was to disturb and traumatise kids at halloween? sets em up for future life I was always told. "kids LOVE to be scared" "kids love the grizzly side of things" :rolleyes:

:lipsrsealed:

Yes, that is true Jargo, and if I didn't work with children, I would have no qualms of dressing up in something that would traumatize them (like a Catholic Priest).

I am more and more interested in becoming a Jedi. I have a friend who can lend me a karate uniform for me to use underneath. I have a lightsaber and the only thing I would really want to get, before I order the robe, is a jedi braid. Does anyone know a way I can obtain, make or get one without letting my hair grow out?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-09-2006, 01:01 PM
Around the release of TPM, they had several Jedi braid things. The one I have was from the Hasbro Jedi kit (I forget the specific name), but it comes with a foam Qui-Gon lightsaber, belt, comlink, and holoprojector. However, the part that connects to the ear is freakin' huge and could easily be mistaken for a hearing aid. This set (with some changes, including a Jedi Starfighter headset, a blue lightsaber, and a buckle on the belt that said "Star Wars") was reissued in 2002, but I don't remember if it had the braid so I guess it wouldn't be of much good to you.

Another one I remember was a more realistic one made by Rubie's (I think). It was sold individually around Halloween 1999 and has a tiny little clip that connects to the hair.

Slicker
10-09-2006, 01:17 PM
I'm probably gonna be drunk for Halloween...

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-09-2006, 03:37 PM
Around the release of TPM, they had several Jedi braid things. The one I have was from the Hasbro Jedi kit (I forget the specific name), but it comes with a foam Qui-Gon lightsaber, belt, comlink, and holoprojector. However, the part that connects to the ear is freakin' huge and could easily be mistaken for a hearing aid. This set (with some changes, including a Jedi Starfighter headset, a blue lightsaber, and a buckle on the belt that said "Star Wars") was reissued in 2002, but I don't remember if it had the braid so I guess it wouldn't be of much good to you.

Another one I remember was a more realistic one made by Rubie's (I think). It was sold individually around Halloween 1999 and has a tiny little clip that connects to the hair.

Thank you Mr. JJL, I am searching for one already. :)

CaptainSolo1138
10-11-2006, 10:09 PM
I'm gonna be "Obi-Wan Kenobi" (http://www.halloweenexpress.com/obiwan-kenobi-adult-p-7151.html).

2-1B
10-11-2006, 10:12 PM
Oh, that is FUNNY. lol lol lol

Somebody please save that and put it up somewhere else ? ? ? :grin:

Slicker
10-12-2006, 08:18 AM
Holy carp!!! I love the disclaimer at the bottom of it too.

mtriv73
10-12-2006, 08:23 AM
It looks like I'll be the "Grave Digger" at the Haunted Hayride here in Frederick, MD again this year. We actually start tonight and I have to dress up and scare kiddies 9 nights between now and Halloween.

2-1B
10-12-2006, 06:18 PM
mtriv, will SeanMcFripp be there, too ? :)

He'll be the guy dressed as Fidel Castro. ;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-01-2006, 04:44 PM
Here's a picture of me and my friend Eric yesterday as Pee-wee Herman (me) and Cowboy Curtis. :laugh: I think my costume turned out really well; I got the suit for less than $15 at a thrift store and it worked really well. My mom made the bowtie and hankie, I got the shirt at Wal-Mart, and I got the shoes at Kmart (even though you can't see them here). I'll get a full body shot up soon.

bobafrett
11-01-2006, 09:19 PM
Nice Pee Wee JabbaJohnL.

I went as a tusken trooper mix, for two reasons, one, my co workers have seen me in either my Tusken, or my trooper armor, second I needed something comforatable to wear so I opted not to wear my entire trooper armor as I couldn't work in that stuff.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-01-2006, 09:33 PM
I went the simple and subtle route and was Norton of The Honeymooners this year. I tried to remain in character at school, but didn't have many opportunities to be nervously skittish and kinda whiny. What're ya gonna do, eh Ralphy boy?

2-1B
11-01-2006, 09:39 PM
nice work JJL but you could have taken the opportunity to cut that moptop. lol lol lol

JimJamBonds
11-01-2006, 09:40 PM
I wasn't feeling good on Sat. night so I didn't go to a party I planned on but I did see some nice ones last Friday/Tuesday night. Captain Morgan, the racing sausages from Miller Park and THE BEST one of all was a guy dressed up as that puppet thingy from Saw. He even had a red tricycle that he rode around!

CaptainSolo1138
11-01-2006, 09:50 PM
Does anyone else have the problem where you think of the BEST costume ever on November 1st?

Today I thought of how cool it would be and planned the logistics of my wife and I being Beaker (me) and Dr. Bunsen Honeydew (her). Man, even typing that makes me wish it was 48 hours ago and I had access to two lab coats. :D

bobafrett
11-01-2006, 09:53 PM
Pictures of me in my costume at my work station in Wal-Mart.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Since all the other Halloween threads are being "dug up" (best pun ever - admit it), I figured I'd get this one as well. I said I'd get a full picture of me as Pee-wee, but I can't seem to find one, so tough luck.

Anyway, what are everyone's ideas for this year? If I can get some other people to go along, I want to be Fry from Futurama. I'd just use gel to make my hair like his, buy a red jacket/shirt thing (what is it, anyway?) and I already have the rest. I'm trying to make one of my blonde friends be Zapp Brannigan and I'm planning on asking (telling? forcing?) a female friend of mine to be Leela. We'll see on the others later.

Jargo
09-03-2007, 08:42 PM
I shall be dressing as a mass outpouring of public grief for a person never known. covering myself in bunches of flowers and sympathy cards and votive candles and playing Elton John's candle in the wind on a tinny CD walkman with extra speakers to completely distort the sound.

chris deal painter
09-07-2007, 12:19 AM
hi everyone, first post here, I am probably going to be working but my kids are going as master chief spartan halo guys, I always make their costumes, last year my 7 yr old was boba fett and my 11 yr old was a random jedi. I love it!
---chris

stillakid
09-07-2007, 12:54 AM
my 11 yr old was a random jedi.

I have that figure on a MOM card.

Mister Roboto
09-07-2007, 03:24 PM
I want to be a retooled Dutch Vander with ball joint shoulders. I must do it.

TeeEye7
09-08-2007, 05:10 PM
What am I going to be for Halloween?

I'm going to "be" at work.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-08-2007, 10:15 PM
I'm still not sure. I have some old costumes that I can dig up (Halloween puns a-plenty) that people might not recall me wearing. Or I can go the lame way and "create" a costume out of nothing. :confused:

darthvyn
09-11-2007, 10:56 PM
i'm thinking zombie pavarotti.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-11-2007, 11:53 PM
i'm thinking zombie pavarotti.In some ways that's funny, and in some ways that's awful. Perhaps that makes it awfully funny. :squareeye

I am trying out for a local play production of the courtroom scene in To Kill a Mockingbird, so I may actually get to be Atticus Finch a few days after All Hallow's Eve. :fingerscrossed: If you remember, the end of the novel/movie was on 10/31/1935. :spooky:

TeeEye7
09-12-2007, 04:25 AM
Fingers are crossed for you, BCJ. :yes:

Any truth to the rumor that Tycho is trying out for Boo Radley? ;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-12-2007, 05:18 PM
Fingers are crossed for you, BCJ. :yes:

Any truth to the rumor that Tycho is trying out for Boo Radley? ;)
God, I hope so. :D

I want to be a giant ham.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-08-2007, 10:57 PM
Well, I was not cast in as key a role as I'd hoped, but in a cast of only 13 members, I made it as the Court Bailiff. Come on out to southern CA in November and see the play! :D It doesn't sound like Boo made the cut, as it's just the courtroom scene being performed.

BTW, now I'm leaning towards The Fonz :thumbsup: or a re-hash of my cheapo Indiana Jones :whip: costume for All Hallow's Eve.

Slicker
10-09-2007, 02:17 AM
I think I'll be a sailor...

El Chuxter
10-09-2007, 10:18 AM
I want a scary costume. Slicker, is it okay if I dress up like your mo--

CRAP!! I made that joke last year!

jedi master sal
10-09-2007, 10:42 AM
I'm going to be a middle aged fat guy giving out poor quality candy and cheap toys to kids for Halloween.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-09-2007, 06:56 PM
My Fry jacket came a few days ago but was too small, so I ordered another one. The style was perfect, though.

The friend I wanted to be Zapp is now gonna do some stupid Pac-Man thing, but another is going to be Farnsworth and another is either going to be Bender or Scruffy (the latter is more feasible but less awesome). We'll see.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-20-2007, 11:25 AM
I was able to use my Atticus Finch costume at the Kickoff Event to our city's Big Read program (the novel chosen was To Kill a Mockingbird), where they asked me to just walk around as him for a while. Here's me with some of my "friends" from the story:

TeeEye7
10-20-2007, 06:12 PM
Cool! Very, very close to the original. :thumbsup:

Great book. Great movie. :yes:

.....Where's JabbaJohn? I thought he tried out as the ham? ;)

Blue2th
10-20-2007, 06:27 PM
Gonna go simple this year. Black shoes, black pants, and a Star Trek "The Next Generation" maroon and black long sleeve t-shirt, comunicator pin.

I could be Captain Picard but fortunately I've got alot more hair.

El Chuxter
10-20-2007, 06:31 PM
I'm dressing as mabs. I know my costume is going to be cool. When I was in line buying the stuff, the cashier said, "Oooh, you're going to be mabudonicus for Halloween, aren't you? That's totally gnarly!"

Mad Slanted Powers
10-20-2007, 08:50 PM
My department at work is doing a pirate theme. I don't always go along with the theme, but didn't have anything better prepared, so I just bought a pirate costume and pirate wig.

mabudonicus
10-21-2007, 10:38 AM
you charlatan Chux!!!
I bet you bought one o them knock-off "mabuDOONicus" costumes that are clogging dollar store shelves, denying me my royalties.

Maybe I'll just get a bunch of mismatched drapes and a mixed drink of malibu rum, beer and tequila and go as the official Chuxter, likely resulting in a 4 hour stream of steadily detiorating posts on 2 separate forums :D :D :D

:beard: Iso & Baws
True story lurking in the body of this post ;)

El Chuxter
10-21-2007, 10:48 AM
Nah, I bought all the pieces separately to make my own mabudonicus costume. It's a good thing the Vengeance Tiger figures were on sale for $0.33 each at Big Lots.

Kidhuman
10-21-2007, 11:29 AM
I am going to be wearing Slickers Mom.

2-1B
10-21-2007, 12:04 PM
So I went to this Halloween Party last night, kinda last minute in terms of getting any kind of costume ready (I'm not really a fan anyway) so I bought a set of devil horns from Walgreens for $1.99 and wore them with regular clothes.

A two dollar costume !!! :grin:

Kidhuman
10-21-2007, 12:06 PM
I am going to be wearing Slickers Mom.

A two dollar costume !!! :grin:

Yup, you got it

2-1B
10-21-2007, 04:03 PM
KH you should've been dressed as a drumkit so we can hit a rimshot off ya. :grin:

El Chuxter
10-21-2007, 05:21 PM
I was going to dress as jjreason, but the store was out of the pink tutus.

JetsAndHeels
10-21-2007, 07:09 PM
I'm going to be a one-armed man

All I have to do is put on my Chad Pennington jersey

JEDIpartner
10-23-2007, 09:09 AM
I'm gonna be absent this year. I'm over passing out candy and getting dressed up. I'll clock back in next year.

TeeEye7
10-23-2007, 12:26 PM
I'm gonna be absent this year. I'm over passing out candy and getting dressed up. I'll clock back in next year.

I get burned out on Halloween easily, too, JP. I'm glad I'll be at work on Halloween night this year and won't have to deal with it. Does this mean we have the Halloween equivalent of "Bah! Humbug!"?

DarthQuack
10-23-2007, 12:29 PM
I was toying with the idea of being the ^%$#-in-a-box guy....seems like a good idea for a costume.

CaptainSolo1138
10-23-2007, 02:32 PM
I was toying with the idea of being the ^%$#-in-a-box guy....seems like a good idea for a costume.
Until some drunk dude decides to make puke-in-the-box.

JimJamBonds
10-23-2007, 11:53 PM
I'm going to go as a guy working as a merchandiser for a wine and spirits wholesaler.

bobafrett
11-04-2007, 02:53 PM
Due to my lack of funds, I bought a cape from Wal-Mart, put on some parts of my Stormtrooper armor, and my shiney red boxers, an "Imperial Domination" t-shirt, and went as a Super Stormtrooper. If I was at my regular computer, I could have pictures for you, but sadly I don't....................................for now.

2-1B
11-04-2007, 03:44 PM

I got my picture taken with two dudes last weekend who were dressed like that. :grin:

El Chuxter
11-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Sadly, I wasn't able to get the final two pieces for my mabs costume, so it looked pretty bad. Almost like a Caesar costume. Everyone seemed to think that's who I was supposed to be. "No," I said, "why the hell would I dress up as Caesar?"

2-1B
11-04-2007, 07:48 PM
I ask myself that same question EVERY DAY before work.

lol lol lol

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Pics, where are the pics?

Here's me as Fry. In the group shot, left to right: Pac-Man (which looks pretty queer), Fry, Farnsworth, nobody (she was going to be Amy but couldn't find clothes), Leela, and Zoidberg (which could've been infinitely better if he painted his face, but oh well). And they generally don't look this angry. :D

The parts of my costume I needed to get were the jacket, white shoelaces, and haircut (it doesn't always look like that, of course). My friend who was Farnsworth and I "borrowed" the coats for him and Zoidberg from a King Soopers where he used to work, and they were just jackets that the butchers wear. Good stuff.

JimJamBonds
11-05-2007, 09:53 PM
Next year? Chazz Michael Michaels.

CaptainSolo1138
11-12-2007, 12:47 PM
Hayden and Hannah went as Princess Leia and R2-D2. (http://a14.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/59/l_1234c2f935b8d64024f20670e600f115.jpg) They'll never forgive their parents...

darthvyn
11-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Pics, where are the pics?Here's me as Fry.

that came out really good!

In the group shot, left to right: Pac-Man (which looks pretty queer),
???

nobody (she was going to be Amy but couldn't find clothes)

LIAR! she has clothes on right there! i see them!!!

but seriously, how hard is it to find a pink tracksuit?

Hayden and Hannah went as Princess Leia and R2-D2. (http://a14.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/59/l_1234c2f935b8d64024f20670e600f115.jpg) They'll never forgive their parents...

ha! awesome! they look great. and, yes, they will get their revenge.

i'll get my pics up as soon as i get them off the camera...

Rocketboy
11-12-2007, 03:06 PM
Hayden and Hannah went as Princess Leia and R2-D2. (http://a14.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/59/l_1234c2f935b8d64024f20670e600f115.jpg) They'll never forgive their parents...Awesome. Couldn't really get a good look at the other pic you had on myspace.

(and thank you for not dressing Hayden up as Luke)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Vyn, the Pac-Man kid was going for "Pac-Man in real life" and another girl went as the Ms. version. He was originally gonna be Zapp Brannigan, which obviously would've fit the theme better, but oh well. I let it slide since Pac-Man did appear in the Anthology of Interest II episode.

As for the Amy girl, she at first couldn't find a pink track/sweat suit and then didn't want to spend money on one as she would have only worn it once.

Cappy, those kids are hilarious. lol

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-10-2008, 12:49 AM
Does it count as a double post if it's been nearly ten months? AND if I'm the guy who resurrected this thread last year too?!?

Anyway, in my quest to be the same thing as absolutely everyone else, I will be the Joker - the bank robber version, so it's slightly more unique, I guess. I originally thought of being the nurse but have decided instead to go the bank robber route, so I will probably get the mask as well as doing the make-up. I might actually reuse the Pee-wee suit for it . . . I will see, though; it wasn't too small and might work unless I find another cheap one. I still need a suitable shirt and gloves (in addition to the aforementioned mask and make-up kit).

I'm still disappointed in the lack of pictures in this thread. :cry:

Mad Slanted Powers
10-10-2008, 01:06 AM
Well, here is my Devo costume from 3 years ago.

jedi master sal
10-10-2008, 08:34 AM
"What are you gonna be for Halloween?"

Drunk and passed out...

No seriously, I have no intentions of dressing up on Halloween this year.

However a week prior, I will be at a costume party for adults. I'll most likely go as a Zombie butcher. That is to say a Butcher who has been turned into a Zombie. Not a person who butchers Zombies...

Bel-Cam Jos
10-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Dr. Gregory House. I plan on absorbing some of his attitude and comments on the 31st. Then I expect to be looking for other employment on the 1st. :rolleyes:

mabudonicus
10-11-2008, 07:36 AM
Hmm haven't thought about it yet- I kinda wouldn't mind being Racer X as depicted in the original cartoon but I'll probably end up being t-shirt ninja again
:beard: Iso&Baws

Jar Jar is also a perennial possibility

bobafrett
10-11-2008, 08:38 AM
Mine will depend if I am up to getting dressed this year, not because I don't like getting dressed up, but more because I might be healing from a minor surgery, and may be in some discomfort after.

Here I am, sans helmet this past June.

JetsAndHeels
10-11-2008, 08:47 AM
At school I am going to wear my 19th century outfit to wear for my classes...as far as on my own time, I may mix things up and wear my ghostbusters uniform t-shirt with a darth vader helmet!!

JimJamBonds
10-12-2008, 04:08 PM
At school I am going to wear my 19th century outfit to wear for my classes...

What kind of outfit is that?

Bel-Cam Jos
10-12-2008, 06:15 PM
What kind of outfit is that?I'm guessing bright lime green Spandex pants with mesh muscle shirt, black cowboy hat, Ray Ban glasses, and Doc Martins. Am I right? :pleased:

I had one such outfit; on Dec. 31, 1999 I dressed in a vested suit with fedora. I made a "McKinley in '00" button and only drank sodas that existed in 1899 (Coca Cola). That was a joke about the Y2K bug. A lame joke, apparently.

JetsAndHeels
10-18-2008, 01:52 PM
What kind of outfit is that?

I have somewhat of a Davy Crockett outfit that I kind of put together...the coat, shirt, breeches (sorta breeches), and shoes.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-25-2008, 09:25 AM
i'm going to a concert on Halloween, so I wasn't sure at first. Last week I decided to attempt to put together a Rorschach costume from WATCHMEN. We'll see how this turns out.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-25-2008, 12:07 PM
I got the mask in the mail yesterday and it is awesome. I have everything else, and now I'm still waiting on that makeup kit . . .

Mad Slanted Powers
10-25-2008, 12:58 PM
I guess my department at work is going with a witch/warlock theme so I thought I might try some sort of wizard costume. I have a black cape I bought a few years ago, and also a Jedi robe my mom made for me, so I'll wear one of those. Thursday I bought a beard. My parents have this carved wooden stick that I might be able to use as some sort of wizard's cane or something. Maybe I'll wear a sign that says "I am a wee-zurd."

Bel-Cam Jos
10-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Thursday I bought a beard.They do have cheaper do-it-yourself ones of those, you know? :beard: :yes:

Mad Slanted Powers
10-25-2008, 07:41 PM
They do have cheaper do-it-yourself ones of those, you know? :beard: :yes:Oh, I can definitely do that, as seen by the attached photo. I just can't do it in a day, and not something that will make me look like a crazy old wizard.

JEDIpartner
10-31-2008, 03:43 PM
Indiana Jones this year. LOL

:whip:

(get it?)

pbarnard
10-31-2008, 03:46 PM
I guess Roger Ebert, pre cancer. My wife is dragging me to High School Musical 3 (there's a full list of bribes including SW stuff involved). At least we avoid giving out candy but I'm still hoping something with my research goes wrong here in the last hour so I can weasel out.

JEDIpartner
10-31-2008, 03:48 PM
Oh, gads... Even I wouldn't go see that movie!!!! LOL

mtriv73
10-31-2008, 03:50 PM
... I'm still hoping something with my research goes wrong here in the last hour so I can weasel out.

Just work closely with a semi-competent post Doc. It's ruined many fridays for me.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-31-2008, 04:35 PM

(get it?)
Dude, GREAT work! :D

bobafrett
10-31-2008, 04:44 PM

(get it?)

Your old? You look better than Harrison Ford does these days!

pbarnard
10-31-2008, 04:57 PM
Just work closely with a semi-competent post Doc. It's ruined many fridays for me.

4 Person lab group, PI, her husband a semi-retired protien chemist, an undergrad and me. All about me since i generate 70% of all data. My job description is also worded that I train and manage resources of post docs or grad students join the group.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-31-2008, 07:00 PM
I used the robe I used for my Jedi costume a few years ago, added a beard, and got this stick that my parents had. Put it all together and I'm a crazy old wizard!

Bel-Cam Jos
10-31-2008, 07:08 PM
Here's me in front of my house-away-from-my-house (classroom C-40) as House. Spent 5 days growing the facial shadow, limped around as much as I could today. Pleasantly, many students recognized my character; oh, and they knew I was House, too. :p

And yes, my door sign IS meant to look like an Etch-A-Sketch.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-31-2008, 07:13 PM
Did you hurl witty insults at them and give them all nicknames?

bobafrett
10-31-2008, 07:38 PM
I figured I had worn out the Stormtrooper armor and the Tusken robes, so I spent a great deal of time yesterday looking for ideas at 4 different costume shops. I bought a set of bat wings, some make up, and hair spray, and cat ears at a costume store, then I bought an oversize black sweat shirt, and a pair of clearance black shorts, and put this over my black body stocking and gloves from my stormtrooper gear, and made myself a ..............Man Bat, or really a bat.

El Chuxter
10-31-2008, 07:53 PM
I couldn't find the last part for the costume locally, so I'll dress up as Clark Kent next year.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-01-2008, 01:44 AM
I repeat my "great work" for those of you who have posted more recently!

My Joker costume turned out pretty great, I think. Not quite perfect, but better than many others. I'll post pictures in a few days, or whenever I get back home as they're on that computer.

Umbra
11-01-2008, 01:59 AM
I used the robe I used for my Jedi costume a few years ago, added a beard, and got this stick that my parents had. Put it all together and I'm a crazy old wizard!

There's a difference between the two? >>

I got to be a retail store employee all day...definitely not my best Halloween ever x_x

Mad Slanted Powers
11-01-2008, 02:06 AM
There's a difference between the two? >>A lightsaber.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-01-2008, 02:20 AM
Here I am in line for last night's Halloween smashing pumpkins show...:thumbsup:

bobafrett
11-01-2008, 07:30 AM
Here I am in line for last night's Halloween smashing pumpkins show...:thumbsup:

Forgive me, but what or who are you?

Bel-Cam Jos
11-01-2008, 08:24 AM
Forgive me, but what or who are you?BF, you might be the first person ever to fail a Rorschach test... :( ;)

Did you hurl witty insults at them and give them all nicknames?I forgot about the nicknames, but I was "less polite" throughout the day, yes.

TeeEye7
11-01-2008, 05:16 PM

(get it?)

Nicely done, Jp! You must apply for your Screen Actor's Guild card, go to Hollywood and keep the franchise alive! :yes:

JetsAndHeels
11-01-2008, 05:34 PM
I couldn't find the last part for the costume locally, so I'll dress up as Clark Kent next year.

What part did you need?

I did things simple this year. I found one of those Ghostbuster costume shirts at Target and wore that.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-02-2008, 08:18 AM
What part did you need? I was figuring it was the white collared shirt, myself. :yes:

JEDIpartner
11-02-2008, 10:57 AM
Nicely done, Jp! You must apply for your Screen Actor's Guild card, go to Hollywood and keep the franchise alive! :yes:

LOL!!!! I figured I'm kinda at the age to feel a bit "old" and "grizzled", so I thought it was a good time to do the Indy! :thumbsup:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-02-2008, 06:50 PM
I haven't dressed up for Halloween since I was wee teenager. Even though I teach in an elementary school, and it is perfectably acceptable for everyone to dress up, no team beyond 3rd grade wants to dress up so I haven't had the opportunity.

I love all the costumes. Props to BCJ and BF for creative costumes. Dale you look good as Indy and MSP, you are a spittin' image of Obi-Wan. Keep the photos coming.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-02-2008, 08:38 PM
These were taken by my sister and aren't too great. You can kind of get the idea for my costume, but better pictures are on my computer at home and I'll hopefully post them soon. The scar pieces were enormous and you can see where they go back into my "normal" skin.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-02-2008, 09:15 PM
very nice, JabbaJ! I like how you went with the bank robbery version instead of the regular one. Joker customes were EVERYWHERE and you're one of the few who did it different. Well done.

and the scars look good, from what I can tell! :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-02-2008, 09:53 PM
very nice, JabbaJ! I like how you went with the bank robbery version instead of the regular one. Joker customes were EVERYWHERE and you're one of the few who did it different. Well done.

and the scars look good, from what I can tell! :thumbsup:
Aye, thank you. I saw four Jokers that day, three of which were in the purple costume and the last one in some random mishmash costume (one even had the cheap-o mask, and another had a higher-quality-but-still-bad-looking mask). I actually didn't take pictures of me wearing the bank robbery mask while in the full costume, but I felt that added at least something more to it. :D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-02-2008, 09:58 PM
These were taken by my sister and aren't too great. You can kind of get the idea for my costume, but better pictures are on my computer at home and I'll hopefully post them soon. The scar pieces were enormous and you can see where they go back into my "normal" skin.

Just one question to ask,

"Y so srs?"

Mad Slanted Powers
11-02-2008, 10:31 PM
Aye, thank you. I saw four Jokers that dayDid anyone say, "What a bunch of jokers"?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-02-2008, 10:56 PM
Did anyone say, "What a bunch of jokers"?
They should have. lol We were all spread out, though. The first two, I saw at around 9 in the morning. I wonder when they had to wake up to put all that on.

DarthQuack
10-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Here's hopefully how my costume will turn out....Not sure if I'm going with a cape, and I need to find a staff somewhere....any ideas???

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-23-2009, 03:47 PM
The staff reminds me of the old Aladdin toy I had when I was 4 or so . . . it was Jafar's staff, and looked pretty similar to that, but was much smaller. I don't think that really helps, but there you go. lol

I still don't know what I'm going to be. I think I get the honor :rolleyes: of being designated driver to some friends from the dorms. I've been Vince Offer and Freddie Mercury at different times this year, so both those costumes are ready to go; if I could find a good poncho and hat, I'd want to be the Man with No Name, but I probably should have been thinking about this before now.

JEDIpartner
10-23-2009, 03:50 PM
I'm just gonna be me, sitting at a table with my partner and three other people; playing the BSG roleplaying game.

Ando
10-23-2009, 04:03 PM
I'm going to be a University of Oregon Duck football fan sittin' on my couch watching what could the biggest game of our season when the USC Trojans come to Eugene to play the Ducks in one of the toughest stadiums in the country on HALLOWEEN NIGHT.

Go DUCKS!

El Chuxter
10-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Superman.

And I also thought of the Jafar staff, DQ, if you could find one.

Slicker
10-23-2009, 04:29 PM
I'm gonna be **** drunk if I play my cards right.

bobafrett
10-23-2009, 06:18 PM
I'm going to the hospital to have a cat scan done of my kidney.

JimJamBonds
10-24-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm going to be dressed up as a bouncer at night. During the day I'll be dressed as a wine/liquor merchandiser.

morpheus282
10-24-2009, 09:43 PM
I'm just not feeling the Halloween spirit this year. It kinda worries me.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-24-2009, 09:57 PM
Dr. Gregory House. I plan on absorbing some of his attitude and comments on the 31st. Then I expect to be looking for other employment on the 1st.
On a few different occasions this year, and always unprovoked, people have told me I look like Hugh Laurie. So, uh, now you know. Connecting it all back.

Superman.
Did you ever find the shirt, or is this something else?

I've settled on Spagett (http://www.timanderic.com/images/spagettPoster.jpg), from Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! I got a semi-okay wig and am still on the lookout for a red turtleneck. Then I need to smear marinara all over my mouth and I'll be good to go. lol

El Chuxter
10-25-2009, 01:58 AM
Yeah, I found one on clearance at Hot Topic like two weeks after last Halloween. It's the fairly recent red-and-black version, but still easily identifiable. Of course, given how these things go, I've seen a few million of the red-and-yellow since.

2-1B
10-25-2009, 08:13 PM
One of you with a kid needs to force him (or her) into this scenario (http://www.microflight.com/Balloon-Boy-Halloween-Costume-Kit).

PLEASE ? :grin:

Bel-Cam Jos
10-31-2009, 12:38 PM
I like how at the bottom of the main Forums page, it shows today's event as ": 10-31-2009." So, how are all of you celebrating your : October Thirty-First? :p

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-31-2009, 02:20 PM
I went to a Halloween party last night, which was pretty fun. Some people knew who I was supposed to be, but one person thought I was dressed as a Frenchman, partly because of my facial hair. :p A picture may come along later.

bobafrett
10-31-2009, 02:51 PM
Well, I got up, went on the computer for awhile, went back to sleep for an hour or so, got up and washed the dishes, washed the kitchen floor. Then I went to McDonalds for lunch, came back home, showered, went and had an ultrasound done on my remaining kidney, stopped by a bookstore to pick up the "SW Insider", stopped by my work to get my schedule since they couldn't get it posted until YESTERDAY. Then I came here, and checked to see if my Millionaire Raffle ticket was a winner, but they won't have the drawing until later tonight.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-31-2009, 03:24 PM
We had our Halloween dress up at work on Thursday. Our department was doing a vampire theme, but I figured I would do something else. However, I didn't really come up with anything, so I threw something together at the last moment that sort of looked vampirish, but more like a goth kid with a cape.

TeeEye7
10-31-2009, 04:18 PM
You gotta admit it, Goth kids can be scary, MSP!

Mad Slanted Powers
10-31-2009, 04:52 PM
What was amazing is those black jeans were ones I wore in high school. A little tight, and kind of hard to bend or squat, but they still fit. I have a similar grey pair that fit about the same. They had been in my parents' basement for 10 or 15 years.

DarkArtist
10-31-2009, 06:46 PM
I'm a Ghostbuster, have a glow in the dark ghostbusters tee shirt and a white lab coat....

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE !!!!!!!

JEDIpartner
11-01-2009, 07:40 AM
I made this Jack O'Lantern for last night's BSG roleplay night. :love:

bobafrett
11-01-2009, 08:12 AM
We had our Halloween dress up at work on Thursday. Our department was doing a vampire theme, but I figured I would do something else. However, I didn't really come up with anything, so I threw something together at the last moment that sort of looked vampirish, but more like a goth kid with a cape.
Your certainly tall looking MSP.

Nice carving JP! Cylon I presume?

Here is my halloween costume.......

JEDIpartner
11-01-2009, 08:30 AM
Yeah... it's a Cylon. I never did one like that before, so I was happy with how it turned out. It took me 45 minutes from start to finish. Lou dropped this on me right at the last minute. It's good thing I was too busy with the knife to go chasing him around the house with it. LOL

Nice costume, by the way. LOL

Mad Slanted Powers
11-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Your certainly tall looking MSP.I'm only about 5'11", so not too tall.

Here is my halloween costume.......So, a valley girl told you to bag your face, and you actually did.

JimJamBonds
11-01-2009, 03:28 PM

Nice work JP!

As for myself I went as a bouncer who didn't want to be working. I was told I really pulled it off. :D

DarthQuack
11-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Here's a solo shot of me and one with my brother "Wayne"

JEDIpartner
11-01-2009, 04:37 PM
Nice work JP!

As for myself I went as a bouncer who didn't want to be working. I was told I really pulled it off. :D

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

:love:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Here's me as Spagett. The facial hair, eyebrows, and sideburns were recolored with black makeup to match the wig. The "marinara sauce" is just red and orange makeup. So now you know, should you all ever want to make your own Spagett costume. :D

bobafrett
11-02-2009, 07:21 AM
Here's me as Spagett. The facial hair, eyebrows, and sideburns were recolored with black makeup to match the wig. The "marinara sauce" is just red and orange makeup. So now you know, should you all ever want to make your own Spagett costume. :D

Looks like your about to break out into a poem or whatever beatnecks do.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-09-2009, 08:45 AM
I went as Hagrid from HARRY POTTER. I've attached a pic of my costume during the trick r treatin' evening.

My fiance' is REALLY into pumpkin carving, so her, her friend, and I carved some pumpkins before passing out candy. I haven't carved a pumpkin in probably a decade, but I think I did a solid job. I carved Staypuft and Homer (messed up his eyes), her friend carved Beetlejuice and the pumpkin king and Mel carved MIchael Myers, Harry Potter, and the pug. Enjoy!! :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-09-2009, 08:45 AM
and the rest!!

JEDIpartner
11-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Nice!!!!!!!!!

Bel-Cam Jos
11-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Those are awesome! Or, to anger JT (and others here) with a bad pun: gourd-eous! :p

preacher
11-17-2009, 12:14 AM
Holy crap! Those are cool! Did you guys have templates or are these from scratch? Either way those are excellent.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-31-2011, 11:37 AM
Was there no Halloween thread for last year? How frightening! :eek:

Mad Slanted Powers
10-31-2011, 06:41 PM
I went as Emperor Palpatine - cross dresser. Like many other politicians, he had a secret life that has now been exposed and become fodder for the political opposition. Of course, it is all moot now that he is dead. "Behold, the Emperor's new clothes!"

JimJamBonds
10-31-2011, 08:15 PM
I went as an employee of Dr. Pepper Snapple Group.

sith_killer_99
10-31-2011, 08:26 PM
I went out as a lightsaber wielding thirty-something dad.

TeeEye7
11-01-2011, 03:04 AM
I went as a crime scene investigator in my company car because I had to work.

(I even had to deal with real blood and guts because Halloween is a drinking holiday).

Bel-Cam Jos
11-01-2011, 07:34 PM
I went in as ball cap-wearing candy passer-outer guy.

El Chuxter
11-01-2011, 10:35 PM
I was going to go as Slicker's Mom. But I decided it was safer to wear pants.

sith_killer_99
11-02-2011, 01:00 AM
I was going to go as Slicker's Mom. But I decided it was safer to wear pants.

Plus it would be a little tricky getting 8 guys to follow you around in a circle all night.

JEDIpartner
11-02-2011, 09:24 AM
I was sweaty for Halloween. I was at the gym for my two-hour Monday night cardio marathon and that was during the hours of trick-or-treat. Maybe next year.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-08-2012, 09:39 AM
Since Halloween is on a school day for the first time in a couple years, I may break out the ol' Jedi costume for a change.

TeeEye7
10-08-2012, 04:22 PM
I went as a crime scene investigator in my company car because I had to work.

(I even had to deal with real blood and guts because Halloween is a drinking holiday).

What he said....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Last year I was Ron Swanson (of Parks and Rec fame), and two years ago I was . . . nothing, I think. This year I'll likely just wear a black shirt and say I'm Louis C.K. but with more hair and less fat.

JediTricks
10-08-2012, 09:46 PM
An adult.

Since Halloween is on a school day for the first time in a couple years, I may break out the ol' Jedi costume for a change.And what will you say to the ones who guess you're a "harry potter wizard"? ;)

What he said....I bet you think you're so clever. :p

Last year I was Ron Swanson (of Parks and Rec fame), and two years ago I was . . . nothing, I think. This year I'll likely just wear a black shirt and say I'm Louis C.K. but with more hair and less fat.Last time I saw you in a video you looked not much like Louis CK, but I appreciate the lack of effort. :D

TeeEye7
10-14-2012, 12:27 AM
I bet you think you're so clever. :p

It helps to be in my business...

Bel-Cam Jos
11-03-2012, 10:31 PM
Since Halloween is on a school day for the first time in a couple years, I may break out the ol' Jedi costume for a change.I got some "props" for my coolness in costume, but I also realized I haven't washed the robes in some time. I also got to judge the students' costume contest and one of mine won for Best Overall as "The House From Up," complete with balloons. I didn't influence the panel; we all agreed his was creative.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-09-2012, 09:15 PM
I work at a school too, a grade 4-5 one to boot, and the kibosh was put on any dressing up for Halloween. At our school, a K-5 building, we could not dress up either, lest we went on a field trip and sang at the old folk's home.

Needless to say I dressed up for the first time in nearly 20 years as I donned an orange jumpsuit while my girlfriend put on the slutty cop outfit and wielded me around in handcuffs.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-31-2013, 08:00 PM
Alive! That's what. :D

El Chuxter
11-01-2013, 12:15 AM
My daughter dressed up as a certain Disney princess who is a part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor. Take her away!

Bel-Cam Jos
11-02-2013, 09:42 AM
My daughter dressed up as a certain Disney princess who is a part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor. Take her away!You mean Ariel?

I went as my same-birthday buddy, Al Yankovic, most famous for being his high school's valedictorian, IIRC. And he did a library poster, apparently, that somehow made it onto my classroom wall. Doncha make me repeat it!