PDA

View Full Version : How did this guy get this stuff???

jaxx
10-25-2005, 10:45 AM
I was just over at Rebelscum.com, and I came across their "Collector's Collections Gallery" for Niņo Cajayon And Clara Macapugay. It's on their front page for today.
This collector has three Target Exclusive Shadow Troopers, the Wal*Mart exclusive "Separation of the Twins," the new 4 pack "Unleashed Battle Pack" sets for Utapau, and the new Titanium ships (the series with the Naboo Royal Starship).
How does this collector have all of this stuff???? :confused: Where did it come from? I didn't think that this stuff was out yet!!
Does anyone have any info on this?

By the way, here's the link to the pictures:
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Collectors_Collections_Gallery_Niņo_Cajayon_and_Cl ara_Macapugay_94958.asp

sith_killer_99
10-25-2005, 11:45 AM
He lives in the Philippines.

Asia always get the new stuff first...even the exclusives. From there it's a simple matter for someone in the Philippines to get their hands on the stuff. This is a good sign though, because it's usually a good indicator that the stuff is only a few weeks away from hitting stores here in the states.

jaxx
10-25-2005, 01:14 PM
Well, that actually answers my next question... which was, "when are we supposed to get these in the states?"

Man... it looks like I need to movce to Asia!!!!

Darth Cruel
10-25-2005, 01:50 PM
This comes as no surprise to me. I was at a buddy's house two days ago and as he was giving me one of each of the 12 "final" ROTS figures, he showed me that he already has one of the Utupauan Shadow Troopers. And he is right here in Southern CA. Some people have all the luck.

El Chuxter
10-25-2005, 02:40 PM
Maybe this guy sold his soul to the devil in exchange for Star Wars toys? :twisted:

plasticfetish
10-25-2005, 02:53 PM
Man... it looks like I need to move to Asia!!!!Why stop there? You could even get a job working in one of the factories, and then, (not that you'd be able to afford any of them because you'd be making about 4 cents a day) you'd get to see them all first. ;)

-----

I like how the person's "collection" photos are just a big, "Hey, s**** you guys, I've got all this new stuff now and you don't." I'm surprised there isn't a little sign with the name of his eBay store in there as well. :rolleyes:

pegger
10-25-2005, 04:04 PM
Maybe this guy sold his soul to the devil in exchange for Star Wars toys? :twisted:

You can do that?

Deoxyribonucleic
10-25-2005, 07:02 PM
I like how the person's "collection" photos are just a big, "Hey, s**** you guys, I've got all this new stuff now and you don't." I'm surprised there isn't a little sign with the name of his eBay store in there as well. :rolleyes:

hehe

It always cracks me up how people like to think themselves "special" because they found something "first" ROFL lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

HELLO! There's gonna be millions more where they came from and pretty soon everybody and their dog will have one, two, one hundred of them! I'd really like to know HOW having a plastic figure first (or any other kind of commercial goods for that matter) affects anyone else's life...AT ALL?!

lol lol lol lol lol

Now if it were a cure for cancer or an antidote for some crazy virus going around, it could make a difference.

Otherwise, have fun with your bragging rights foo, especially since nobody knows who you are being that this IS the internet. derrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

plasticfetish
10-25-2005, 07:43 PM
Exactly.

I mean... I'll look at photos of people's toys. I don't know why, but I'm perfectly happy to look at the same old photo of a wall full of carded figures, or the same old picture of a shelf full of... whatever. At least it tells me something about that person as a collector, but this... :tired:

rich_of_the_dead
10-25-2005, 08:36 PM
i know its a different subject but toys r us started putting out the holographic emperors tonite.the come delicious cases of 12 just thought i wouold give everyone a heads up

Slicker
10-25-2005, 08:38 PM
Exactly.

I mean... I'll look at photos of people's toys. I don't know why, but I'm perfectly happy to look at the same old photo of a wall full of carded figures, or the same old picture of a shelf full of... whatever. At least it tells me something about that person as a collector, but this... :tired:I love looking at walls of figures. That's some good stuff.:thumbsup:

Now if this guy had pics of say a bunch of vintage carded figures I'd be impressed but he's got new toys which don't impress me. I'll have the same ones in a matter of weeks. As stated above he's just showing off.

sith_killer_99
10-26-2005, 12:30 PM
It always cracks me up how people like to think themselves "special" because they found something "first" ROFL

This is a symptom of the whole "instant gratification" mind set. These are the same people who pay Brians Toys $20.00 per figure because they want to be the first ones to own the figures. They certainly don't buy 'em for that much because they don't want the hassle of driving around to find them....or save money on gas...not at those prices.:rolleyes:

Val Da Car
10-26-2005, 01:38 PM
This is a symptom of the whole "instant gratification" mind set. These are the same people who pay Brians Toys $20.00 per figure because they want to be the first ones to own the figures. They certainly don't buy 'em for that much because they don't want the hassle of driving around to find them....or save money on gas...not at those prices.:rolleyes:

I love the fact that Brian's toys has the Plo Koon starfighter for $59.99 and it is still on a few shelvs for $19.99 each..

btw when you watch the DVD on Tuesday am, check out Plo Koon's cockpit, it is newer EP 3 cockpit not the EP2 fighter cockpit.

inkedforlife
10-28-2005, 01:48 PM
Just to throw my two cents in to the mix I would also like to agree with the instant gratification theory. There is still the problem though that companies like Hasbro and Lucas Ent. allow this to happen because plain and simple they make money on the product no matter what.
If you buy Baseball, Football or any other sport tickets from the source then sold them either via the internet or outside the park it is a legally punishable offense we all know as scalping. Those teams made their money on the tickets too but they don't want to see their fans being ripped off by some schmuck because he was first in line and bought a ton.
If Hasbro and Lucas really cared about the fans and not just the profits they would stop this as well. Sure there is a fine line between selling ones old collection off to pay unforeseen bills and scalping. But we all know Brians Toys, Action Figure HQ and others are not doing it to make the house payments only. We all also know as long as some idiot wants to pay 50 bucks for a 5 dollar figure that is not out at most stores yet this is unfortunaltely going to happen again and again.
Another thing Hasbro could do is start an online fan club similar to Hotwheels with their collectors site. They sell stuff especially for the collectors and only to the collectors that join. Sure they have stuff sold out too but if you have to pay to be a member and you can only order as a member scalpers may be too cheap to pay on the what-if that something good comes out on the site? Who knows anymore though?? I just get my stuff and stay happy with what I find in stores.