PDA

View Full Version : Would you purchase collectibles from video games?

SirSteve
10-25-2005, 01:54 PM
We are asking if you would purchase collectibles from video games such as Knights of the Old Republic or Battlefront II.

Slicker
10-25-2005, 02:17 PM
What kind of collectibles are we talking here? Is it just action figures or is it scaled vehicles, Micro Machines, playsets, etc.?

EDIT: The "yes" and "no" options weren't up when I posted. I voted yes.

El Chuxter
10-25-2005, 02:20 PM
I'd be interested. A wave of all video-game figures would be nice, or they could mix them in. I wouldn't want games to be the only EU being made, but they should be a part.

Don't laugh, but I want an Arden Lynn figure.

sith_killer_99
10-25-2005, 05:18 PM
I would likely buy figures based on the SW video games. Though I would probably perfer SW figures based on the EU novels.

As for "collectibles" in general, it would depand on what it was specifically.

JediTricks
10-25-2005, 05:37 PM
I would, but not heavily, I'd be very picky simply because I haven't played all that many of the games, so it'd have to be stuff that fits with my take on Star Wars if it's something I haven't built an attachment through already. I'd buy anything from Dark Forces and its sequels though, I've been wanting to see that done since forever.

SirSteve
10-26-2005, 02:23 AM
Collectibles could be action figures, props, vehicles, die-cast, busts, etc.... it's all open.

figrin bran
10-26-2005, 02:49 AM
i voted "yes" even though i've not played a lot of the video games. i would definitely buy KOTOR figures were they to be produced.

DarkArtist
10-26-2005, 08:43 AM
I am actually shocked to see a pol like this since I thought that the video games fell into the EU catergory. I was also shocked to see such an overwhelming "yes" response to this poll since most people frown on the EU threads.

I would be most interested in collecting lines based on the games since I am one of the few who believe that just because it is not seen in a movie it never happened. Star Wars is such an artistic world as well as one of pure imagination that it would be impossible to put a cap on what could happen within the saga. EU is a way for fans to act out different adventures with new characters and still keep true to what the saga is all about, adventure and above all else IMAGINATION.

I would love to see the EU line brought back into the mainstream. Such games as Dark Forces, Republic Commando, Jedi Outcast, Starfighter, and Knights of the Old Republic are screaming to have figures made from them.

Captain Spoon
10-27-2005, 11:25 AM
I voted Yes. I gave KOTOR & KOTOR2 65 of the best hours of my life!!! :thumbsup: . I think that the Characters from these games were great. A figure line would be really nice. All party members plus the Darths. Also a Sith soldier would be cool. The only problem would be taht Hasbro would not make either an Ebon Hawk or an Ebon Hawk bridge playset taht would really tie the set together.

Ji'dai
10-27-2005, 10:31 PM
I voted yes since I bought several Dark Forces Dark Troopers and the Kyle Katarn figure back in '98. I'd buy a Jan Ors and General Mohc too, and probably Jerec and the other Dark Jedi acolytes from DF2.

I don't know much about KOTOR or Battlefront since I've never played them. I'd buy EU figures from Dark Horse Comics' Knights of the Old Republic in a heartbeat.

And while Hasbro is at it, they can also release Vlix and the second series of the Kenner Droids figures. Also a Boba Fett based on the 'toon artwork.

plasticfetish
10-30-2005, 05:45 PM
I voted Yes. I gave KOTOR & KOTOR2 65 of the best hours of my life!!!Hah! Ditto for me.

I've said it before, but the games are largely what Star Wars is about now (always has been really, but now even more so.) What did McCallum say at the Press Junket? ...that Battlefront 1 has sold 3 1/2 million copies... on it's way to 4 million. Battlefront 2 has gone gold already! I love the KOTOR games... they're why I bought an Xbox.

Would I buy figures and vehicles? Yes. Would I buy other collectable stuff? Probably yes. (From KOTOR: Ebon Hawk model, Revan's mask, a Mandalorian helmet... ?)

Lord Malakite
10-30-2005, 07:23 PM
Battlefront 2 has gone gold already!

The way you say that PF it makes it sound like Battlefront 2 has already accomplished something great for video games.:D Just so no one is under any false impression here, all "going gold" means is that the software programming is done and all that's left to do is distribution and packaging before selling the game.;)

As for buying SW stuff from video games, I'd say it depends on what it is. If its action figure related I'm all for it. If not it would probably have to be some sort of free premium for preordering or something like that for me to get it, otherwise I wouldn't really bother.

plasticfetish
10-30-2005, 07:40 PM
all "going gold" means is...Well, I suppose that shows my knowledge gap in the world of game lingo. I assumed it had to do with pre-sales or something... selling a 1/2 million units like with records. :ermm: (I'll just go back to playing Pong now.)

Lord Malakite
10-30-2005, 08:10 PM
Well, I suppose that shows my knowledge gap in the world of game lingo. I assumed it had to do with pre-sales or something... selling a 1/2 million units like with records. :ermm: (I'll just go back to playing Pong now.)
Its an easy mistake to make PF. Trust me, there are people out there far worse off than you in the tech/game knowledge department. Guyute and jangofett96 can tell you that.:yes:

kool-aid killer
10-31-2005, 01:55 PM
I voted "yes" since I would love to see figures from various Star Wars related games. I could even guarantee that i would get most, if not all, of them. The possibilities are endless. I dont know if it will happen anytime soon but maybe down the road it will be a reality.

bobafrett
10-31-2005, 07:00 PM
Not a game player, so I voted "No".

Mandalorian Candidat
11-16-2005, 02:48 PM
I've never bought one so I voted no. The games are way too expensive for my tastes when they come out. I wait until the price drops, so by then all the exclusives would be gone.

trandoshan666
11-16-2005, 04:54 PM
Absolutely. I voted yes not because I love SW video games I don't but because this is precisely the kind of stuff I love to collect. As far as figures go, I'd love to see Arden Lyn above all others.

Solo17
11-16-2005, 08:36 PM
Kotor figures would be great. We already have a Dark Trooper and Kyle Katarn. Plus, Scorch is right around the corner. Now is the time for more EU figures and I for one, would love to see them.

CooLJoE
11-17-2005, 06:07 AM
I voted yes because I would love to have the figures from the Dark Forces series. From Dark Forces up to Jedi Academy....4 games total with lots of figures possible. I'd probably buy some KOTOR ones as well, although I never really got into those games.

Battlefield1 and 2 don't even need figures since you play as or against existing characters that already have a figure.

X13VADER
11-17-2005, 08:24 AM
I Would Buy Them If They Fit With All The 3.75" Figures From Hasbro

SNAYSON
11-17-2005, 10:23 AM
I voted yes as long as it is mainly action figures!

I would love to see action figures from SW:KOTOR 1 & 2!

Arden Lynn is overdue for release as an action figure!

Hasbro could finish up releasing the remaining character line up from the Dark Forces series as action figures.

I don't think to many people played SW:Rebellion but i would like to see all the major characters in that game made into figures.

and as for the novels and comic books: a gold mine full of potential characters that could be produced as action figures.

jedi master sal
11-17-2005, 11:02 AM
A resounding "HELL YEAH!"

I'd buy figs from just about eveyrone of the games. Most notably:
KOTOR
KOTOR II
Battlefront and BF2 (Though most of those are already figs)
Republic Commando-Yeah Hasbro is actually making one of the clones, now where are the others?
Jedi Academy II (Jedi Outcast-or whatever it's called)
Any of the Rogue Squadron games
Battle of Naboo (Hello, Nym anyone?) or was that Jedi Starfighter? No matter, I want a NYM figure. (Especially because the actor who voiced him is dead now!)

One key thing would be to go by what the sales for each have been. It's obvious the KOTOR, Battlefront and Republic Commando are tops on the list. Others can be given consideration. Maybe not every character made, but at least the most popular ones in the game.

Hasbro's chance to REALLY cash in on these came and went with the release of teh games, but I still feel there is a smaller cash cow to be had on these, becuase of the remaining popularity of the games. In fact I think we'd see a rise in game-play as well as even some NEW sales of the games should the figures be made. SO it's a win-win for everyone. WE the fanbase get more figs, the video game manufacturers potentially have more sales and Hasbro of course makes more money off of new toys.

How can this not happen? (Well, I've got guesses, but I'll keep those to myself.)

Here's hoping!
-Sal

plasticfetish
11-17-2005, 12:14 PM
Collectibles could be action figures, props, vehicles, die-cast, busts, etc.... it's all open.Remember, we're not just talking about 3 3/4" action figures here.

Darth Cruel
11-21-2005, 11:42 PM
Absolutely! 'Nuff said!