PDA

View Full Version : Master Replicas @ Fall Toy Show

Jayspawn
10-26-2005, 01:04 AM
I cant seem to locate where this is being held, BUT Master Replicas has a little setup with some AWESOME looking 2006 products! Here's a recap of what we're getting and a link to check out the pictures.....ENJOY!

Force FX
Obi-Wan Kenobi ROTS Has the thick neck like the Luke ROTJ FX
Darth Maul TPM

Scaled Replicas Great news for Mini Fans!
Stormtrooper Blaster
Han Solo ESB Blaster

Limited Editions
Qui-Gon Jinn Lightsaber

Studio Scale
Darth Vader LE Helmet
Y-Wing Fighter w/ Death Star base!

Costume Replicas
Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi

Other
Star Wars Poker Set

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=4433

decadentdave
10-26-2005, 12:35 PM
Which Darth Helmet LE? Is this a carry over of the ROTS LE or will we get a new sculpt from ESB? I'd love a vintage Vader helmet as well! How about some "weathered" Clone Trooper helmets and especially Commander Gree's. Could there be a Jango or Boba Fett Studio Scale helmet on the horizon?

I'm surprised no mention of the Millenium Falcon studio scale model. Still, better start saving your pennies for this one since we know it is coming!

Plus we have Indiana Jones props in 2006! I've seen pictures of the Headpiece but I believe there is the golden Idol and I'd love the Holy Grail and the Grail Diary as well. It is going to be another expensive year. :frus:

Captain Spoon
10-26-2005, 01:24 PM
Man o Man o Man!!!! This will be an expensive year. I want the Maul FX!!! I can't wait!!!. Is there any Idea of how much they will be asking for the Costumes?

SirSteve
10-26-2005, 05:17 PM
It is from ROTS. Taken from the exact helmet Hayden wore.

Jayspawn
10-26-2005, 11:23 PM
I think the price point is still up in the air Captain Spoon. I think we'll get an idea on that then MR releases their '06 Marketing plan within the next month.

Jedi_Mike
10-26-2005, 11:53 PM
A fellow blogger went to MR to do an interview with Steve D and tour the facility and he makes us extremely aware that some of the stuff that MR has planned for 2006 and 2007 will blow us away. He tells of more helmets, minis and vehicles but is sworn to secrecy (by legal purposes I'm sure) until MR announces their product plan. We cannot talk about it until MR decides what they will announce to the public but he's on pins and needles waiting for that release. I for one am extremely excited.......so is my CC company...

Jayspawn
10-27-2005, 11:17 AM
Heres another gallery of great pictures from SirSteve!

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=4433

Steve, where is this show being held at? Who is the fellow in the suit holding the Maul FX?

plasticfetish
10-27-2005, 08:23 PM
The American International Fall Toy Show (http://www.toy-tia.org/Content/NavigationMenu/TIA_Trade_Shows_and_Events/American_International_Fall_Toy_Show/American_International_Fall_Toy_Show.htm) is held in New York city. (I think today's the last day?) I'm gonna guess that it's Michael Cookson (Founder, Chairman and CEO) in the photo. I may be wrong though... Steve?

I'm surprised no mention of the Millenium Falcon studio scale model. Still, better start saving your pennies for this one since we know it is coming!The what? The who? The when? :) The toy show Web site says, "Must show actual new product for the following year ONLY. Show is not a 'concept preview.'" This "Millenium Falcon studio scale model" that you speak of may not be a 2006 item. ;)

JediTricks
10-27-2005, 10:34 PM
I'm bummed that the Obi-Wan Force FX looks so much nicer than the Luke ROTJ FX we just got even though they're very similar in many regards.

Those mini-weapons are AWESOME! I hope they're not too expensive 'cause I'll want 'em all.

The lenses in the Vader helmet look flat instead of bubble-like, just an observation, dunno if they're like that in ROTS but I doubt it.

That Maul FX looks great, I love the endcap (which wasn't shown in the SSG gallery unfortunately) that is replaced by the doubler collar to make the full-sized saber. I am going to buy this saber, and have a VERY hard time deciding on getting a duplicate. :D

BEW
10-27-2005, 11:37 PM
I am very disappointed in the Obi ROTS FX Saber...it looks horrible...they obviously cannot reproduce the hilt accurate so why even bother? They should have just made something simpler from the AOTC or TPM hilt in which they can reproduce faithfully. What a waste of money for that saber and the Luke saber out now.

plasticfetish
10-28-2005, 03:32 AM
I am very disappointed in the Obi ROTS FX Saber...You know... we're talking about something that's got a big long plastic tube that lights up sticking out of it, and it's designed so that people can really bang them together. Given the "real world" limitations, and the fact that they're not suppposed to be exact replicas, I think it looks pretty good.

BEW
10-28-2005, 06:39 AM
well if you want to spend $120 on something that is advertised to be Obi Wan's ROTS saber but looks nothing like it then go right ahead. I just think it looks horrible and even worse it puts a bad vibe in my mind about Master Replicas and how they can release something as ugly as that. They might as well just call it a generic Jedi hilt.

dgauci5
10-28-2005, 09:48 AM
This "Millenium Falcon studio scale model" that you speak of may not be a 2006 item. ;)

It's coming in 2006 and is being commented about by MR in many threads, they just didn't show it yet at this show. It's a 32" Studio Scale model, so it will be huge!!!

decadentdave
10-28-2005, 01:27 PM
well if you want to spend $120 on something that is advertised to be Obi Wan's
ROTS saber but looks nothing like it then go right ahead. I just think it looks
horrible and even worse it puts a bad vibe in my mind about Master Replicas and
how they can release something as ugly as that.
Oh geez, are we REALLY going to have this argument again about the FX Obi-Wan? These are the same old complaints we've heard about the Luke FX.

Get over it.

If you don't want to spend $120 on something as "ugly" as that then simply don't buy it. There are some EL sabers out there such as Parks, Larbel or some "other" customs if you want 100% realism but they are going to cost you considerably more. Do a search on ebay.

Blaming MR for making it innacurate to the movie counterpart is out of line. They have always stated that it was necessary to accomodate the polycarbonate blade or else the emitter neck would break. Since they are a mass-market company, they put themselves at risk if they sold items that would easily break if the emitter necks were to snap off from swinging and hitting. Even now MR puts disclaimers saying that these are not intended to be used for combat, yet, we see videos of MR sponsoring exhibition combat with their FX sabers. Obviously this is just a legal CYA for the company. The FX blades are quite durable but excessive force could damage them. A thin emitter neck would never tolerate such force, if you'll excuse the pun there.

Personally, I LOVE my FX Luke and I am excited about the FX Obi-Wan.

plasticfetish
10-28-2005, 02:30 PM
I just think it looks horrible and even worse it puts a bad vibe in my mind about Master Replicas and how they can release something as ugly as that.I understand what you're saying. But given the limitations of this particular line (FX sabers) that's the way it goes. May not be the thing for you...

...given the choice of doing it this way, and not doing it at all, I'd suspect that many people are willing to deal with the fact that it's not an exact replica.

It's coming in 2006 and is being commented about by MR in many threads, they just didn't show it yet at this show. It's a 32" Studio Scale model, so it will be hugeI know what you're talking about. (I was just being sly.) If you've seen comments, throw up some links if it's official chat... or better yet, start a thread. :)

BEW
10-28-2005, 07:52 PM
Yeah but they could invest their money in a true product...like a Qui Gon or an Obi Wan AOT PTM hilt that still looks like the true hilt. I understand that I complain alot but I love my Anakin and Vader sabers and they are true to the actual hilt. I own the ROTJ Luke Full Size hilt and you put that next to the FX one and they look nothing alike. All I am saying is that MR should just do the ones that they can somewhat faithfully produce for the time being. I feel people are being cheated into buying this hilt for the name and it is not. OK...throw me to the wolves because you are hearing the same thing from me so I will shut up and I am sorry if I offend anyone. I just feel very strong about this that a company I hold in such high prestige would manufacture a product that looks nothing like it should. All I am saying is there are other lightsabers they can faithfully produce in the meantime. I will never mention this again. Sorry to all I offend. I hope you all enjoy your MR Luke ROTJ FX sabers.

plasticfetish
10-28-2005, 09:04 PM
No... no offense taken, and there's nothing wrong with voicing your opinion.
Yeah but they could invest their money in a true product...like a Qui Gon or an Obi Wan AOT PTM hilt that still looks like the true hilt.I'd say, if the line continues to do well... who knows. :)

JediTricks
10-28-2005, 11:31 PM
well if you want to spend $120 on something that is advertised to be Obi Wan's ROTS saber but looks nothing like it then go right ahead. I just think it looks horrible and even worse it puts a bad vibe in my mind about Master Replicas and how they can release something as ugly as that. They might as well just call it a generic Jedi hilt.NOTHING like it? Talk about over-the-top ridiculous hyperbole! Except for the 2 neck sections, it looks just like it, and the neck sections make up only around 15% of the hilt shape. Be accurate in your claims or don't expect to be taken seriously, I think.

And as someone who just bought the Luke ROTJ FX and wasn't entirely pleased with it, I think this Obi-Wan saber looks nicer than that one because this has more defining details and contrast than just the neck.

BEW
10-29-2005, 12:01 AM
If you guys want to keep believeing that it is the ROTJ hilt then by all means keep on doing so. Me, I rather save my six batteries to use 3 at a time on my Anakin FX.

JediTricks
10-30-2005, 06:30 PM
That doesn't even make sense, who said it was the ROTJ hilt?

BEW
10-30-2005, 07:24 PM
your response does not make sense? I was referring to same the MASTER REPLICAS LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ FX saber that you were 2 posts ago. OK lets just drop this stupid argument. You obviously love your saber and I don't like it because of the reasons I described already. Done deal. No more criticism from me.

Jayspawn
10-30-2005, 10:06 PM
I like it alright but I'm gonna hold out for eventual Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan TPM/AOTC FX sabers.

BEW
10-30-2005, 10:53 PM
I'm with you Jayspawn! They will eventually wise up and make those two!

JediTricks
10-31-2005, 10:27 PM
your response does not make sense? I was referring to same the MASTER REPLICAS LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ FX saber that you were 2 posts ago. OK lets just drop this stupid argument. You obviously love your saber and I don't like it because of the reasons I described already. Done deal. No more criticism from me.
I don't see anybody here saying they believe this is going to be the ROTJ hilt, that's why it makes no sense. And as for me loving the new Luke ROTJ, did you not read my other post? I said "as someone who just bought the Luke ROTJ FX and wasn't entirely pleased with it..." not exactly a love-fest.

BEW
10-31-2005, 10:58 PM
If you are referring to the future Obi Wan ROTS FX saber then I say in my opinion it looks totally disporportionate (not sure if spelled right) just like the Luke ROTJ saber. And yes I understand why they cannot make it lifelike becuase of the electronics and the supportion of the polycarbonate blade. All I say is that they should make alternate sabers that they can somewhat reproduce. If this does not clear up our debate in what I mean then I am sorry because I am totally lost then. Thanks and I mean no disrespect. Just my biased opinion...that's all!

Jedi_Mike
11-04-2005, 10:39 PM
The whole Luke ROTJ FX next doesn't bother me any more the updated Blade and sound makes it all worth while. Since according to Steve D the Obi-Wan ROTS is supposed to be better I will definitely be in. One other interesting note someone very close to MR has said that a Bowblaster is in the works from MR in the .33 Scale and will be offered next year. 2006 is sure going to be interesting if all the rumors are true.

Jayspawn
11-07-2005, 10:58 AM
You said it Jedi Mike! The highlight for me is gonna be the Qui-Gon Jinn LE.

megaprime33
11-07-2005, 11:51 AM
You said it Jedi Mike! The highlight for me is gonna be the Qui-Gon Jinn LE.
Agreed. As of right now, before the entire 2006 product plan comes out, the thing I look forward to the most is Qui-Gons. I'm definitely signing up for CS membership this year!

BEW
11-07-2005, 06:52 PM
Hold off to sign up for that membership until next year...you know why? My friend did for the Obi Elite and he was told last week that his membership coupons only lasted until the end of this year and he would have to buy another CS membership for next year's coupons...just thought I would share!

BountyHunterScum
11-20-2005, 01:49 AM
Isn't the maul saber one big unit or is it two seperate sabers I have to buy seperately?

Jayspawn
11-20-2005, 09:38 AM
Its going to be 2 seperate sabers that you join together. But you buy them in a set.

dgauci5
11-20-2005, 09:55 AM
Hold off to sign up for that membership until next year...you know why? My friend did for the Obi Elite and he was told last week that his membership coupons only lasted until the end of this year and he would have to buy another CS membership for next year's coupons...just thought I would share!

Unless you want the full length Maul .45 mini saber. That is exclusive to the 2005 membership kit, and will be retired on 12/31/2005. For that reason alone it was worth it to me to purchase a 2005 membership kit, even though I was already a 2005 CS member.

As stated to have next years coupons you will have to purchase a 2006 membership next year, each purchased kit is only valid for the current calendar year.

BEW
11-20-2005, 05:26 PM
see that is kind of stupid to me...it should be a rolling calendar year...that mini Darth Maul is not worth no $60 to me...more like $5...

dgauci5
11-20-2005, 07:11 PM
To each his own . . . to me the .45 full Maul is more than worth the price of the membership.