PDA

View Full Version : ROTS paperback

Rocketboy
10-26-2005, 02:07 PM
Just an FYI, the other day I saw that the Revenge of the Sith novelization has now been released in paperback.

El Chuxter
10-26-2005, 02:26 PM
Really? Is this the collected version that contains Labyrinth of Evil and the CD-ROM?

Rocketboy
10-26-2005, 04:01 PM
All I saw was the standard ROTS story.
I didn't know there was another version coming out.

El Chuxter
10-26-2005, 04:05 PM
Very interesting indeed. I didn't realize it was going to be available in paperback by itself. :)

Rocketboy
10-26-2005, 09:38 PM
Well, it does have part of the upcoming Darth Vader novel in the back...a part that does not feature Darth Vader.

El Chuxter
12-05-2005, 02:24 PM
Okay, this is rather interesting, and not in a cool way:

From http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/publishing/news20050603.html:

"Revenge and Labyrinth Omnibus Coming Soon
June 03, 2005

The smash-hit novelization Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith by Matthew Stover and its bestselling lead-in, Star Wars: Labyrinth of Evil by James Luceno, are being gathered together in one blockbuster omnibus along with some never-before-seen material.

The culmination of the Star Wars saga is a tale so big that not one book could hold it. Stover's novelization, from the story and screenplay by George Lucas, goes inside the minds of the main players, examining the motivation of the characters during the dark times that grip the galaxy. Before those events play out, though, find out what happened immediately prior to Episode III in Labyrinth of Evil, a novel that explores the intrigue, action, and suspense of the final Outer Rim sieges of the Clone Wars, the fateful missions of Obi-Wan and Anakin , the search for the mysterious Darth Sidious, and the exploits of the villainous General Grievous. These two books will be available combined into a single trade paperback.

This volume will also include an exclusive CD-ROM containing the never-before-seen visual script created at George Lucas' request during the development of the movie. Exciting concept art tracks the progress of the story and chronicles the epic finale of the Star Wars saga.

The Revenge of the Sith and Labyrinth of Evil omnibus is due out on November 22, and is the perfect lead-in to Del Rey's forthcoming hardcover novel, Star Wars: Dark Lord -- The Rise of Darth Vader. The novel, by James Luceno, chronicles the events right after Episode III. You can read about it in this story here."

Anyone heard anything about this since this article was released back in June? amazon.com still has a page for it, with a release date in 2008, which probably means they have no clue when it's coming out.

I'd likely buy these two books again just for the CD-ROM.