PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars on QVC

Slicker
10-26-2005, 02:34 PM
Star Wars will be on QVC October 27 at 2 in the morning.

It's been a while since I've seen a show on QVC and I'll try and watch this one tonight although it'll be tough seeing as how I have to be up at 6 in the morning.

CaptainSolo1138
10-26-2005, 03:11 PM
I wonder if QVC temporarily lost the license or if it just didn't sell well enough to facilitate a show/segment any longer. Either way, I may try to stay up and watch it. Although 7:00 in the morning comes awfully quick even when I get enough sleep.

JimJamBonds
10-27-2005, 12:30 AM
I just hope its the same guy who a few years ago sold baseball cards on an QVCesc station. It was great, he'd yell and scream "I HAVE MARK MCGUIRE ROOKIE CARDS, GEM MINT 10!" etc. :D

2-1B
10-27-2005, 12:51 AM
Hell yeah, that guy's name was Don West, right ?

"EIGHTY DOLLAR ROOKIE CARD!!!!!!!!!!"

lol lol lol

Slicker
10-27-2005, 08:39 AM
Anyone watch this last night? I was sleeping unfortunately so I missed it.

CaptainSolo1138
10-27-2005, 10:04 AM
Anyone watch this last night? I was sleeping unfortunately so I missed it.
Either they were selling the backs of my eyelids or I was sleeping, too.

JawaJoe
10-27-2005, 03:44 PM
I caught the last 40 mins. Didnt see anything too appealing except luke and vader lightsabers. They were coooool. Other stuff included books, signed comic books, a really lame vader nutcracker, snowglobes with light and sound, a gold framed picture with 8 pix of heros and villains that was limited to 500, and a die cast atst with pull off panels. Didnt buy anything.

timmae
10-27-2005, 06:57 PM
i stayed up til 2 AM to see it. what a waste. the signed poster art looked cool. sold out fast. 50 bucks can get ya lots of figures though. then it would prob cost about 150 more to have it framed. i passed on all and was disapointed. i was looking for another exclusive figure...(just what we need) or a signed carded figure.:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Slicker
10-28-2005, 01:28 AM
I'm glad I didn't make an attempt to watch it then. I remember when the SE came out QVC would run shows several times a year and they'd have Steve Sansweet and they were actually worth watching.

Rocketboy
10-28-2005, 03:37 PM
I remember when the SE came out QVC would run shows several times a year and they'd have Steve Sansweet and they were actually worth watching.Yeah, if you wanted to buy things for double retail price that could be found on clearance at the time.

"Ooooh! A Tiger Naboo Blaster game! Only $24.95 + shipping!"

InsaneJediGirl
10-29-2005, 07:42 PM
QVC is crazy. Didnt catch the Star Waes show,but didnt miss anything obviously. Half the fun of watching QVC is the commentary by the hosts anyways,not the products.

Rogue II
10-30-2005, 10:35 AM
Hell yeah, that guy's name was Don West, right ?

"EIGHTY DOLLAR ROOKIE CARD!!!!!!!!!!"

lol lol lol

I remember that guy. He was one of those guys that you knew were lying, but couldn't stop watching. I think he is an annoucner for the new wrestling show on Spike.

JimJamBonds
11-08-2005, 11:32 PM
I remember that guy. He was one of those guys that you knew were lying, but couldn't stop watching. I think he is an annoucner for the new wrestling show on Spike.

Wow perfect match for the guy. :yes:

2-1B
11-09-2005, 12:34 AM
A tribute site dedicated to "the best sports collectible seller ever." :thumbsup:

http://www.donwest.org/

JimJamBonds
11-09-2005, 10:39 AM
A tribute site dedicated to "the best sports collectible seller ever." :thumbsup:

http://www.donwest.org/

You really have a bit to much time on your hands there Caesar. :p

2-1B
11-09-2005, 11:11 AM
It took you longer to hit Quote and Post Reply than it did for me to find that link. :crazed:

Rogue II
11-09-2005, 11:14 AM
That's awesome. My wife is going to flip when she sees that website. She gave me crap every time I watched Don West on QVC. I downloaded some of those .mp3s and it brought back memories of the him opening packs of cards on the air and exaggerating the value of each card.

Pro Wrestling seems like a good fit for him. And you have to love this (http://www.donwest.org/pics/10_announcers.jpg) picture.