PDA

View Full Version : ROTS Easter Egg thread (merged)

JEDIpartner
10-27-2005, 08:49 AM
I figured we might as well start this so we are ready to go.

This would be the place to list the easter eggs, how you found them, hoe to access them and so forth.

Here's the first one that was posted on the net...

CLICK HERE!!! (http://www.leenks.com/link26692.htm)

plasticfetish
10-27-2005, 01:06 PM
I've yet to find any other Easter eggs, just that one. (Like to know if there's more.)

Here's how to get to the Yoda thing...
"...on "Disk 1." After selecting, "Options" from the main menu, enter "11", then "3" and then "8". A short clip will play of a bunch of Clone Troopers standing behind Yoda while he dances and raps a bit from the song "Don't Say Nuthin'" by The Roots."

Mentioned it here...
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=31903

JEDIpartner
10-27-2005, 01:36 PM
Too bad there isn't a full complement of bloopers on this one.

Elliejabbapop
10-27-2005, 02:41 PM
I thought it was funny but I'll be very disappointed if I don't get live action bloopers

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-27-2005, 05:43 PM
On the TPM and AOTC DVDs, there were little boxes on the deleted scenes menu with easter eggs on them. On TPM I know it had something to do with the podrace but I don't remember what it was on AOTC. Maybe there'll be something like that for ROTS?

Bacta Beast
10-27-2005, 05:50 PM
Oh My God!!!!!lol lol lol That's hilarious!!!!

Have you ever seen a blooper role from any Star Wars film? I wish they would but they haven't yet:( . If they have let me know, I'd love to see it. I've been hoping they would do something like that for a special box set.

El Chuxter
10-27-2005, 06:07 PM
Oh My God!!!!!lol lol lol That's hilarious!!!!

Have you ever seen a blooper role from any Star Wars film? I wish they would but they haven't yet:( . If they have let me know, I'd love to see it. I've been hoping they would do something like that for a special box set.

I hope I'm misunderstanding you, but if not, here's how to get them: Put in Disc 1 of AOTC or TPM, or Disc 4 of the Trilogy set. Go to the Options menu and enter 11 (on some DVD's, you'll enter 1-1, on others "10+" and "1"). When that "takes," enter "3." When that "takes," enter "8" and VOILA! Bloopers!

The prequel bloopers are great, but the OT bloopers are kinda meh.

SirSteve
10-27-2005, 07:24 PM
There is a segment that shows C-3PO (Anthony Daniels) taking a fall in one of the documentaries.

JEDIpartner
10-27-2005, 08:49 PM
There is a segment that shows C-3PO (Anthony Daniels) taking a fall in one of the documentaries.

Was that the scene at Padme's apartment on the veranda?

Elliejabbapop
10-28-2005, 12:18 PM

I think they're great, considering that material has lasted all these years :thumbsup:

JEDIpartner
10-28-2005, 02:43 PM
Ehhhh... they removed the thing because of LFL. Who can blame them... still, it's nice to see a bit of what we'll be in for next Tuesday. :)

Bacta Beast
10-29-2005, 03:01 AM
I hope I'm misunderstanding you, but if not, here's how to get them: Put in Disc 1 of AOTC or TPM, or Disc 4 of the Trilogy set. Go to the Options menu and enter 11 (on some DVD's, you'll enter 1-1, on others "10+" and "1"). When that "takes," enter "3." When that "takes," enter "8" and VOILA! Bloopers!

Thanks for the directions, I'll be sure to check them out. But why did you say you hope you misunderstood me? I would really like to see the bloopers for each film put on the supplemental discs with easy access, and audio commentary to set up the scenes or something along those lines. Know what I mean?

El Chuxter
10-31-2005, 01:01 PM
I meant that it would really surprise me if you didn't already know about them. :)

jonthejedi
11-02-2005, 04:50 AM
Technically speaking, I guess this is an Easter Egg...watch the "Chosen One" documentary...if you can spot it, then yo da man!

JEDIpartner
11-02-2005, 09:43 AM
I haven't had a chance to watch that one... I had a gig last night and only got to see all the webdocs and look at the poster gallery. That was completely moronic. The poster was the same in all the territories and only the text changed. POINTLESS!!!

plasticfetish
11-02-2005, 08:37 PM
The poster was the same in all the territories and only the text changed. POINTLESS!!!Sooooo true. I felt like a fool clicking through all of those... I stopped paying attention and started looking at Obi-Wan (not like that) trying to figure out if they flipped his photo, because the part is on the wrong side. Dull.

sebillba
11-03-2005, 02:45 AM
Technically speaking, I guess this is an Easter Egg...watch the "Chosen One" documentary...if you can spot it, then yo da man!

I've seen this one... there's a clip from TPM, where Yoda does his "fear leads to anger" speech - only it's not a clip, it's a completely redone scene, with that horrible pug-nosed puppet replaced by the wonders of cgi.

But I can't seem to access hip-hop Yoda.... I've gone to language slection, highlighted the THX logo, and pressed 1138 and Enter, but nothing ever happens. I've tried this on both my dvd player and pc, but no joy. Am I doing something wrong? Or maybe it's exclusive to R1 dvds? Has anyone else in the UK managed to find this one?

Incidentally, I've noticed there are two completely different background scenes for the language menu - one showing Obi on Boga fighting Grievous, and the other with Yoda fighting off loads of clones.

plasticfetish
11-03-2005, 02:51 AM
Try it like this...

on "Disk 1." After selecting "Options" from the main menu, type "11" (enter), type "3" (enter), and then type "8" (enter)

...should work in that order.

-----

Anyone notice how the Easter Egg won't work if you're watching the movie on an Xbox?

JimJamBonds
11-03-2005, 11:40 AM

I didn't catch it the first time but after watching it again I saw it. Pretty good looking to me, I'm hope in the next release it will be in TPM.

2-1B
11-03-2005, 01:18 PM
For me I have to hit "+10 138" on my remote.

I'm still waiting for someone to wake me up from this nightmare of "Yoda Raps." :rolleyes:

Gotta go sign the petition again . . .

sebillba
11-03-2005, 02:08 PM
Cheers guys. I tried all sorts of combinations with no luck, then accidentally pressed 10+18, with no 3, and hey presto, success at last! Took several goes to view it again, so seems kind of random as to whether or not it will play. Fortunately I don't particularly want to see it any more.

JEDIpartner
11-03-2005, 02:21 PM
They were really skimpy on the gags and hidden stuff this time around. Too bad.

Elliejabbapop
11-03-2005, 03:11 PM
Gotta go sign the petition again . . .

I'm with you on this one C.

:dis: :dis: :dis:

Droid
11-04-2005, 08:49 AM
I have been able to access everything on the prequels discs, but where do I go on Disc Four of the Original Trilogy that it will let me punch in 1-1-3-8? There is no options menu that I can find.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-05-2005, 06:48 PM
I have been able to access everything on the prequels discs, but where do I go on Disc Four of the Original Trilogy that it will let me punch in 1-1-3-8? There is no options menu that I can find.

I want to say its in the menu with the interior of the MF with Luke dueling the remote.

Exhaust Port
11-07-2005, 12:45 AM
This is hilarious!!! :D Nice work who ever put this together.

http://www.collegeafterhours.com/content/media/movie_827.wmv

2-1B
11-07-2005, 01:43 AM
Hawwwwwwwww ?

Yeah, that's on the ROTS DVD and I was hoping to never see it again. :(

I should have known better than to open that link but I guess I assumed it was going to be something different.

scruffziller
11-07-2005, 08:24 AM
I don't care what anybody says, that was flippin' awesome.:yes: :thumbsup:
The clonies standing around with their arms folded and bobbin' their heads was priceless!!!!!!

Bacta Beast
11-07-2005, 10:04 AM
Is a moderator going to link this to the existing thread?
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=30145

JimJamBonds
11-07-2005, 12:28 PM
"Worst Easter egg ever."
- Comic Book Guy