PDA

View Full Version : The Battle of Yavin

ROTJLuke
10-27-2005, 04:53 PM
Graciously Taken From Rebel Scum.com:

The Battle Of Yavin/ Death Star Wave:

As the wave name would indicate, this set of figures will feature characters we’ve all been wanting forever. Thankfully, the line will have next to no rehashes. Here’s the scoop:

Han Solo
This version of the rogue will utilize interchangeable parts not unlike the Dagobah Luke Skywalker figure from the OTC line. He’ll be packed with a headset (so he can tell his farmboy friend to blow that thing so they can go home…), interchangeable hands so the figure can have gloves or bare hands, and a medal (!!!). No word if this figure’s shirt will be buttoned up or opened, but it is a new sculpt.

Luke Skywalker
He’s just blown up the Death Star and about to live all his dreams. The future is looking bright for Luke, so he throws on his stylish yellow jacket (no doubt to impress that hot brunette he just rescued), and goes to get himself a medal of honour. This version of Ceremony Luke will be a complete resculpt. Wondering why they made this instead of an X-Wing Luke? Well quit it! You’ll have that one soon enough (my lips are sealed).

Rebel Sentry
Remember that Rebel Soldier on sentry duty? You know, the dude in the crows nest scanning the Falcon as it approaches the Rebel Base? We’ll here he is, and if a totally new sculpt isn’t enough for this army builder, he comes complete with his with his little fort in the sky.

X-Wing Pilot
This figure will be built upon the wicked Dutch Vander body, but with a repainted helmet and a totally new head sculpt. Fear not, this one couldn’t suck as much as you fear it will. If there’s one thing I can tell you, Hasbro knows how to make great X-Wing pilots now, and they want to hook you up. No word on who this pilot will actually be.

Death Star Trooper
This figure is going to be slightly retooled, but who can say if that’s going to be just a new head sculpt , a repaint, or a total kit bash. Let’s hope for the latter since the POTF2 version of this figure was 100% crappy.

So, great figure news, and the possibility of a new VOTC line and/or Luke Evolutions set for the X-Wing Pilot Luke. :thumbsup:

Devo
10-27-2005, 05:30 PM
Minutes before reading that I was thinking 'where's the Death star trooper?' We were getting the Death star gunner in the endor wave (armourless version?) so it seemed like it should have been a given that the trooper would reappear.

Its good that celebration Luke is being redone - badly needed. Where's celebration Leia though? VOTC han with a medal from Dodonna does the job fine for that scene. Its Leia who needs a new treatment. If Luke gets downsized in line with most new Luke figs then the old Leia will possibly be taller than him.

A new X-wing pilot is always welcome (I really wish they'd do some snowspeeder pilots though) - I assume it will be a new Biggs figure.

Rebel sentry - are they seen anywhere else in the yavin base other than those birdnests? In any case its a new figure - cool.

figrin bran
10-27-2005, 07:19 PM
perhaps the X-Wing Pilot is Red Leader? it's not Wedge, since we're getting him as an online exclusive. it's not Luke, it's not Gold Leader since that's the mold they're basing this figure on. anyhow, i hope they make him a bit shorter b/c Vander was a tad bit on the tall side especially when you place him next to other figures.

LTBasker
10-27-2005, 07:27 PM
I believe the Rebel sentry was a Rebel fleet trooper, so yes they were around and have been in need of a more poseable resculpt.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-27-2005, 10:09 PM
If we get a new Ceremony Luke and tucked-in collar Han, I'll s*** my pants. In a very good way. :D Even though this is all resculpts, it'll still be great, as they're all very sorely needed.

Slicker
10-28-2005, 01:38 AM
Not bad. It's looking like they're admitting that the POTF2 figs sucked and now they're rescultping them. Thank God for that.

All of these figs are in need of a re-release too so this is good news. The one thing I hope is that they don't rehash that damn Cantina Han that's been rehashed at least a dozen times.

DarkArtist
10-28-2005, 08:04 AM
I like the idea of a random X-Wing pilot. Was hoping for the Luke X-Wing redo since the other versions are just bad but will have to wait.

My only question is that since we are getting these battle waves of figures and now that both Hoth and Yavin have been mentioned, which wave will we see Luke as an X-Wing pilot ?????? True he wears the pilot suit in ROTJ leaving Tatoonie, as well as in ESB on Dagobah, but both of those waves would sufffer a figure if they were containing a Luke X-Wing.

Perhaps he will get the VOTC treatment ??????

jedi master sal
10-28-2005, 08:15 AM
If we get a new Ceremony Luke and tucked-in collar Han, I'll s*** my pants. In a very good way. :D

Is there ever a time when that can be done in a good way??

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-28-2005, 08:46 PM
Is there ever a time when that can be done in a good way??
Yes . . . out of joy of getting a tucked-in collar Han. :D Because it means if they do that then they can slap a Lando head on there and make it a new ESB ending Lando figure. :thumbsup:

pegger
10-28-2005, 09:00 PM
The Rebel trooper I'll probably pass on, unless he's SA. The POTJ was pretty good, and didn't really need to be done...A rebel tech would have been better...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-05-2006, 09:32 PM
So, what's the deal with these? Hasbro said on their site that the Endor/Naboo wave would be the last of the year. Looks like I won't have to worry about crapping my pants . . .

abell748
07-06-2006, 07:28 AM
I wonder what else they intend to do for the rest of the year? With 2 Endor and the Naboo wave left, what will fill up the rest of the year, especially as we head into the Christmas shopping season. If they have no new waves like the Yavin wave on tap for this year, then I hope they ship some figures like Scorch again so I can find one in a store.

mtriv73
07-06-2006, 07:51 AM
I've always found the first wave of the next year before Christmas so I'm sure they'll have something out for us to buy. Hopefully we'll know what that is after comic-con. I'd really like to see the rest of this wave made at some point though.

Jargo
07-06-2006, 11:35 AM
Han Solo sounds interesting. Death star trooper is a must have for me. provided they take that pre-posed pile of junk and trash it and start over.

kool-aid killer
07-06-2006, 12:23 PM
So we will be getting this wave then. I was under the impression that the Endor and Episode 1 wave were going to be the final ones of the year. Any pictures?

BoShek
07-06-2006, 01:01 PM
Darn, I wanted the Rebel guard, wearing green, with the big pike.

Jargo
07-06-2006, 01:07 PM
Me too and the rebel tech dude with the nifty yellow hangar transport. and some darn ladders for the x-wings.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-06-2006, 01:08 PM
The Rebel trooper I'll probably pass on, unless he's SA. The POTJ was pretty good, and didn't really need to be done...A rebel tech would have been better...

I agree with pegger!

So anyone know when these are due out?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-06-2006, 01:10 PM
So we will be getting this wave then. I was under the impression that the Endor and Episode 1 wave were going to be the final ones of the year. Any pictures?
No . . . the reason I "dug up" this thread was to ask what happened to this wave. All of RS's other 411 reports were dead on, but we haven't heard anything about the Yavin wave outside of their site. It looks like we won't get these figures any time soon, but maybe Hasbro pushed them into the 2007 line-up?

Banthaholic
07-06-2006, 03:07 PM
Me too and the rebel tech dude with the nifty yellow hangar transport. and some darn ladders for the x-wings.
When the canceled Yavin accessory set was leaked in '02 I thoguh I'd finally get my ladders. A few years afterwards and the x-wing pilots still have to use the force to get inot their crafts (or use the horible force flipper launchers).

JediTricks
07-06-2006, 03:46 PM
What, not everything you read on the internet is true???

;)

Rogue II
07-06-2006, 04:20 PM
Did Hasbro ever confirm anything from this list? I began to wonder how much of it was true after Toy Fair when the only one shown was the DS Gunner. After checking SWC.com, I see that this was still rumored as of April. Hopefully more will be revealed at Comic Con or at worst pushed back to next year. It would be sad if the Death Star Gunner was the only one to become reality.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-06-2006, 09:31 PM
What, not everything you read on the internet is true???

;)
Imagine that! :D

Did Hasbro ever confirm anything from this list? I began to wonder how much of it was true after Toy Fair when the only one shown was the DS Gunner. After checking SWC.com, I see that this was still rumored as of April. Hopefully more will be revealed at Comic Con or at worst pushed back to next year. It would be sad if the Death Star Gunner was the only one to become reality.

Actually, the Death Star Gunner figure we're getting was announced in RS's Endor wave 411 report last year . . . the Death Star Trooper (those guys with their faces still visible, with big black bowl helmets) isn't coming out, as far as I know.

Rogue II
07-06-2006, 10:01 PM
Actually, the Death Star Gunner figure we're getting was announced in RS's Endor wave 411 report last year . . . the Death Star Trooper (those guys with their faces still visible, with big black bowl helmets) isn't coming out, as far as I know.

Oops, I read "Death Star Gunner" instead of "Death Star Trooper" like it really said. The Trooper needs a resculpt more than the Gunner.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-07-2006, 06:25 PM
Oops, I read "Death Star Gunner" instead of "Death Star Trooper" like it really said. The Trooper needs a resculpt more than the Gunner.
Yeah, no kidding. I must've missed the part in the movie where the Death Star Trooper pranced like a little girl, but good thing Hasbro made a figure of it.