PDA

View Full Version : ROTS #66, #67: Hologram Transmission Plo-Koon and Aayla=Awesome!!!

decadentdave
10-28-2005, 05:33 AM
What can I say... I LOVE these figures!!!

I love the transluscent blue plastic... especially the SMELL!!!! Mmmmmmm!

There is no greater scent than whiffing the smell of new figures but these are very distinct.

With Holo Sidious on the way, these are a nice addition to the ROTS line. Hopefully we will see more of these in the Saga line like Holographic Anakin and Obi-Wan from ROTS and Bail Organa and a Holo Nute Gunray and Senator Palpatine from Episode I. Even a Mace Windu from Clones. Come to think of it, just do one for EVERY character so they can all send a hologram transmission! Now THAT would be a sneaky thing Hasbro would do to double-dip on all of us to get us to buy every figure we already have as a hologram sculpt! $$$

DarkArtist
10-28-2005, 09:17 AM
I'll agree on the Aayla Secura being a great figure, even the TRU Yoda was okay. The Ep I Sidous was a cool figure as well, but the plo Koon was MEH !!!

As far as more, I don't know, I am happy with the idea of the Saga 2 mini holo figures.

If only they could make a small enough holo Sidious for our clones so they can act out Order 66:thumbsup:

pegger
11-02-2005, 08:43 AM
As much as I like these figs... I don't understand why they went with the bright blue, as oppposed to the purple/mauve of yoda/emperor.

If I try to make my jedi council with holo figs....it just looks off.

decadentdave
11-02-2005, 12:18 PM
I don't understand why Yoda and The Emperor are purple. I think the transluscent blue looks much more like the actual hologram transmissions. Definitely Leia, Sidious, Aayla and Plo Koon appear in a monochrome bluish haze but some shots of Yoda do appear slightly of a purple haze (in my brain!). Then we have the hologram Jedi Luke that is painted with metallic colors and has flesh tones. I think it would be almost impossible to accurately recreate a true holographic likeness as an action figure. Most of the hologram figures have been of the purple haze flavor ever since Qui-Gon and Maul but I definitely prefer the transluscent blue. I just wish that Hasbro had been consistent from the start but that word doesn't exist in their vocabulary.

Here's an idea: Holographic Transmissions Battle Pack - Darth Maul, Darth Sidious, Nute Gunray, Yoda, Aayla Secura, and Plo Koon (all molded in transluscent blue)

Jayspawn
11-07-2005, 12:28 PM
I'm glad to hear these figures are getting good reviews. I still havnt found them yet but am eagerly looking.

Agreed, we still need Holographic Senator Palpatine, Nute Gunray, Mace Windu, Commander Cody, Ki-Adi Mundi, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Bail Organa.

jaxx
11-09-2005, 11:04 AM
I have to say... I'm disappointed that they didn't make a holo Ki-Adi Mundi! You see him a lot more than you do the holo representations of Aayla and Plo-Koon. And a holo Cody would be friggin great. They already have 3,492,617.625 clone trooper repaints out there, so why not add a holo version. Seriously though... that would kick butt!

plasticfetish
11-10-2005, 02:41 AM
Ki-Adi, Cody... bring 'em all on. decadentdave's idea for a Holo Pack sounds great to me.

...I still haven't found figures #66 and #67 yet BTW. :mad:

figrin bran
11-10-2005, 03:01 AM
I have to say... I'm disappointed that they didn't make a holo Ki-Adi Mundi! You see him a lot more than you do the holo representations of Aayla and Plo-Koon. And a holo Cody would be friggin great. They already have 3,492,617.625 clone trooper repaints out there, so why not add a holo version. Seriously though... that would kick butt!

jaxx, a holo ki-adi is coming in the battle of coruscant wave of the saga line. and we need a regular cody before we even think about a holo version.

mastermatt24
11-12-2005, 01:48 PM
I sure hope Tycho doesnt read this thread.. He may have to go back in the hospital! :p

Jayspawn
11-15-2005, 12:58 AM
I just picked these 2 up today! I really like em! The sparkeling blue is a cool effect. I'm not at all big on re-buying figures but I'll let these slide.