PDA

View Full Version : Jabbas Barge in 2006!!!!

Jangu Fett
10-28-2005, 01:35 PM
It has been confirmed, along with NEW batman building sets. Jabbas Sail Barge will be released some time in 2006. This is just one of the seven Star Wars set for 2006.

From LEGO comes the following:
The first licensed property to join the LEGO family in 1999, LEGO Star Wars(TM) has become one of the best-selling lines in global company history, and continues in 2006 with seven new playsets representing vehicles from the entire saga, including the B-Wing Fighter(TM) and Jabba the Hutt(TM)'s Sail Barge.

"Building upon the success we have had over the years, and particularly in 2005 with Star Wars, we're thrilled to extend and compliment our existing stable of top licenses with three more red-hot properties to appeal to children of all ages," says Jill Wilfert, vice president, global partnership and alliance management for LEGO Group. "All-access to the Nickelodeon portfolio allows us to bring some of the most popular television stories and characters into the LEGO build-and-play universe for kids, while the classic Batman brand offers a tremendous opportunity to simultaneously engage boys and adult collectors in a building experience rich with details, functions and play possibilities."

This was foung at RS.com.

decadentdave
10-28-2005, 02:20 PM
Oh it's only LEGO. :(

Man, you scared me! When I read that I thought you meant Jabba's Sail Barge for the action figures. I almost crapped my pants!

I have no interest in LEGO.

LusiferSam
10-28-2005, 02:33 PM
It should be noted that Rebelscum is not a reliable source of Lego news. A quick peek over at FBTB yields no such info. At this point I'd said this isn't worth believing.

Jangu Fett
10-28-2005, 03:49 PM
I don't know about RS being unrelialbe. I do know that FBTB is slower then a snail when it comes to any news about legos. Right now I think I'll stick with RS on this, they are the second site I seen that has confirmed lego got the batman license.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-28-2005, 11:41 PM
I don't think they're totally unreliable, but they do seem to throw anything remotely possible on their website while SSG and fbtb wait to get a confirmation.

Anyways that's a pretty cool announcement if it's true. It'll be a $80+ set I bet.

Ji'dai
11-07-2005, 01:27 PM
A Sail Barge would probably be a monster System set akin to the Sandcrawler, and probably retail for the same price. Though I could see them using a boat hull for the bottom and building up from there. It wouldn't take much to get it into scale with that dinky Desert Skiff we got a few years ago.

Slicker
11-20-2005, 06:33 PM
It's up on the FBTB site and here's an article that the site points you towards. Link. (http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20051026005472&newsLang=en)

Looks like we are indeed gonna get it and I can't wait.

Ji'dai
11-20-2005, 07:00 PM
Hey, Spongebob Squarepants is listed as a new licensee as well. Bikini Bottom playsets might be pretty cool if they're System sets. My mom loves that little guy, I know she'll probably want them.

Slicker
12-12-2005, 02:35 PM
Well, here it is. It is indeed being released.

Jabba's Sailbarge (http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/lego6210_lowrescatalogueimage.jpg)

Jangu Fett
12-12-2005, 04:21 PM
Not only are we getting that awesome model we're also getting a mini-figure scaled IMPERIAL STAR DESTROYER.

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/lego6211_lowrescatalogueimage.jpg

Slicker
12-12-2005, 04:52 PM
Not only are we getting that awesome model we're also getting a mini-figure scaled IMPERIAL STAR DESTROYER.Ahh, yes. I forgot to put that one in here Jangu. Thanks.:thumbsup:

Ji'dai
12-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the links, fellas. The Sail Barge doesn't quite look right with all those studs showing. Maybe it'll look better in person. It appears a skiff and the Sarlacc mouth are included with the barge. Lots of mini-figs too (10 by my count), and what looks to be a Skiff Guard Lando complete with helmet. I think it says the Sail Barge is 90 Euros, so at the current exchange rate that will be $107.

The ISD is okay I guess. The conning tower is removable and the top bulkhead on the fuselage opens for interior access. Looks like a lot of play area. The two figures peering out of the tower look a little ridiculous. 150 Euros = $179

I'm glad these two sets won't be released until mid-Summer, it'll give me time to catch up on the other new stuff.

LusiferSam
12-12-2005, 09:54 PM
Those sick monkeys are teasing me with yellow mini-figures. The ISD doesn't like to bad. Photos are too resolution for me to see what's happening with on the interior.

The Sandcrawler doesn't quite look right with all those studs showing. Maybe it'll look better in person.
Did you mean Sail Barge? If that's what your talking about I'm with you on that one. Good, but not as good as the ISD.

Ji'dai
12-12-2005, 11:13 PM
Did you mean Sail Barge? If that's what your talking about I'm with you on that one. Good, but not as good as the ISD. Yep, I meant the Sail Barge. Must've been a Freudian slip on my part. All that brown reminds me of the Sandcrawler, 'cept for the sails.

Glad to see the Gamorrean Guard figure again as well as Jabba. All that work to create a Jabba mold and it's only appeared in one set prior to this one.

Jangu Fett
12-13-2005, 11:02 AM
No problem, Slicker. I happened to see these pics on RS and was going to post them, but you beat me to the punch.

Now if only lego will do a Mon Cal Cruiser, with a Admiral Ackbar mini-figure.

JediTricks
12-13-2005, 08:31 PM
These 2 sets look pretty slick, although there better a friggin cover for that ISD bridge (there probably is, there appear to be 2 handle plates that can accept clips just beneath there). I suspect the dollar-to-euro conversion won't come into play, Lego's European pricing is different from US pricing, I bet $90 and $150 will be the tags on these come June.

What are the odds that the flying Boba in that picture is referring to a spring-loaded gimmick? I'm betting a 33% chance they went there. :D

The MINI X-wing and TIE Fighter should look pretty slick with that ISD.

Kidhuman
12-14-2005, 01:50 AM
I like them. Probably the closest we will ever see to a real barge.

Battle Droid
12-19-2005, 09:59 AM
Better pics,

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1533241

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1533240

LusiferSam
12-19-2005, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the links Battle Droid. The ISD interior doesn't look too bad. But it comes with Royal Guards. It should have Star Destroyer Commanders. Plus side is we get two officers.

What are the odds that the flying Boba in that picture is referring to a spring-loaded gimmick? I'm betting a 33% chance they went there. :D
Looks like they used a catapult.

Battle Droid
01-06-2006, 09:46 PM
http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/lego/news20060106.html

Slicker
01-07-2006, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the link BD. These sets are looking really good. I like how Jabba's Barge comes with a second little skiff and the sarlaac! The ISD looks good as well. I was leary when I saw the first pics but now that they show a decent pic of the interior I'm likin' it. I'm also likin' the alternate set that can be made out of the ISD, the Outrider!

JediTricks
01-08-2006, 02:46 AM
Looks really cool, I think I'll have to get it. No Bib Fortuna in the set though, that is the one thing I really thought was in the photos (and even put that in the SSG news, d'oh!) and wanted to own since I never got the original version.

Kidhuman
01-08-2006, 03:44 AM
They are nice, a hefty tag though. Will scrounge up the cash for it.

lukesky27
01-08-2006, 09:45 AM
I am very impressed with both the Sail Barge and the Star Destroyer. The prices are comparable to other Legos and the details appear to be up there with the Falcon...which I loved.

Battle Droid
01-17-2006, 01:26 PM
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/LEGO_6211_Imperial_Star_Destroyer_96592.asp

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/LEGO_6210_Jabbas_Sail_Barge_96597.asp

JediTricks
01-17-2006, 04:39 PM
FBTB actually has the same photos, but bigger. www.fbtb.net (http://www.fbtb.net)

The large photo of the ISD open seems a little underwhelming, but I'm still intrigued. The open photo of the Sail Barge looks more impressive than before, I love that they included the pop-up hatch on the top deck.

LusiferSam
01-18-2006, 12:11 PM
I'm a little like JT by the ISD. Underwhelmed by the open photos but still intrigued. Clearly this should be a SSD with the meditation chamber and Emperor hologram. And what I've said early about the mini-figure still holds.

About the Sail Barge, another new set, another round of new elements. This is really ticking me off. One trick or no trick ponies are turning this company in megablocks and it sickens me. Over all it's a decant looking set, just need to fix the mini-figures.

Slicker
01-18-2006, 06:46 PM
Wow, Jabba's Barge is f-ing sweet looking! I may have to plunk down the loot to pick that one up.

I also saw on fbtb that the Outrider and T-16 WILL have instructions offered through LEGO.com.:thumbsup:

DarthQuack
01-18-2006, 08:18 PM
Yea, I'm gonna be on the fence with this, hopefully if I see it in person I'll figure out if I want it.

JediTricks
01-18-2006, 08:59 PM
About the Sail Barge, another new set, another round of new elements. This is really ticking me off. One trick or no trick ponies are turning this company in megablocks and it sickens me.Um... what new elements? I'm looking at the set and *everything* looks like stuff we've seen before, and not single-use shell elements but actual bricks and plates that have real uses. Do you mean the peach minifigs?

The alt models on the ISD were the thing I tried to highlight when I posted pictures of these sets earlier in the month, both look to be really top-notch designs, I was very impressed with each. That T-16 model looks like it could be the same size as the model Luke has in ANH. And that Outrider does an outstanding job of capturing that shape without curved parts.

LusiferSam
01-19-2006, 01:42 AM
Um... what new elements? I'm looking at the set and *everything* looks like stuff we've seen before, and not single-use shell elements but actual bricks and plates that have real uses. Do you mean the peach minifigs?
The white sloped elements in the bay of the ISD and on the haul of the Outride and the black versions that make up the meditation chamber look new to me. That's also some angled plates that look new as well. Show me what set their in prior to this year's and I'll stand corrected. And the peach mini-figure go without saying. They totally [censored].

EDIT:
I stand corrected. The sloped elements I'm talking about are windscreen bricks, like in the Cloud Car. What through me was the fact their not transparent and every time I've seen one it was transparent. The angled plate is new to this year however.

JediTricks
01-20-2006, 11:19 PM
I was speaking only about the Sail Barge set as were you: "About the Sail Barge, another new set, another round of new elements...", but as for the ISD with new parts, the angled plates, yes, I see a new 6-stud angled plate, and a 12x6 plate with a huge flat spot (and actually, another flat-spot plate as well, all the studs are in the middle), both seem new to me, but those are hardly pieces we couldn't use elsewhere, they're not specialty parts at all, they are not one-trick-ponies at all, the angled piece is a good size between the undersized 3 and 4 stud angled plates and the wing plates, and the flats always seem to have some use at LEGO.

starwarsfan1
01-22-2006, 02:11 PM
Rebelscum.com has just posted larger pics of the alterante models(Outrider and T-16) you can make from the Star Detroyer set. They also confirm that Lego will be providing directions for these alternate models. No word yet on whether or not they will come with the set or be online.

Slicker
01-22-2006, 03:45 PM
Rebelscum.com has just posted larger pics of the alterante models(Outrider and T-16) you can make from the Star Detroyer set. They also confirm that Lego will be providing directions for these alternate models. No word yet on whether or not they will come with the set or be online.Actually the pictures have been up on fbtb.net (http://www.fbtb.net/) for some time now and they also say that the instructions will likely be available from the LEGO shop.:thumbsup:

LusiferSam
01-22-2006, 04:54 PM
I was speaking only about the Sail Barge set as were you: "About the Sail Barge, another new set, another round of new elements...",
You're right I was specify talking about the Sail Barge when I made that statement. I looking at the bow of the Barge and was thinking it was 12 studs wide, hence too wide to use this boat piece (http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=2622) (I don't like these "boat" parts). But after looking very carefully at the photo, I think it's 10 studs wide. And I thought you were talking about both sets. So with that and my change of mind ...

(B)ut as for the ISD with new parts, the angled plates, yes, I see a new 6-stud angled plate, and a 12x6 plate with a huge flat spot (and actually, another flat-spot plate as well, all the studs are in the middle), both seem new to me, but those are hardly pieces we couldn't use elsewhere, they're not specialty parts at all, they are not one-trick-ponies at all, the angled piece is a good size between the undersized 3 and 4 stud angled plates and the wing plates, and the flats always seem to have some use at LEGO.
The plates with studs around the outside edge and on in the center are old elements. I first saw them in the Sopwith Camel (3451) (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/3451) set. I don't really see a reason to use them on the ISD set. It's not like those place need tiled brick or for appearance (unless the ISD has some minor details I've never noticed before). As for the angled plates, we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I don't build much that heavily relies on plates, so I don't see the need.

mbschwerin
03-08-2007, 10:33 PM
ANyone have any idea where to find the alternate model directions for the sail barge? I could have sworn they were on the Lego site before, but when I went to get them for my son today, they are no where to be found. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Slicker
03-08-2007, 11:17 PM
ANyone have any idea where to find the alternate model directions for the sail barge? I could have sworn they were on the Lego site before, but when I went to get them for my son today, they are no where to be found. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
I went and searched around but every site I found said that no alternate instructions are made for sets and that the alternate models are just to give people other ideas.

I'll keep lookin' though.

mbschwerin
03-09-2007, 10:29 AM
Well Lego.com has the alternate directions for the Star Destroyer and the Death Star( i think that was the other one). Just not the Sail Barge. I am pretty sure it was there before.

Mike