PDA

View Full Version : Rambo IV the final nail in the coffin....

JimJamBonds
10-29-2005, 12:44 AM
LOS ANGELES - Rambo is back in business. Sylvester Stallone will reprise his role as gun-toting John Rambo in the upcoming "Rambo IV," said Ben Nedivi of Millennium Films, which is producing the project with Emmett/Furla Films.

The 59-year-old Stallone also intends to bring boxer Rocky Balboa out of retirement. He will write and direct "Rocky Balboa," the sixth film in that franchise, with shooting set to begin next year.

Nedivi said the $50 million "Rambo IV" will recapture the rawness of "First Blood," which launched the franchise in 1982.

Production is set to begin after "Rocky Balboa" wraps.

Michelle Bega, a spokeswoman for Stallone, said the actor wasn't available for comment Friday.

A new "Rambo" script hasn't yet been written, but the story calls for the reclusive Vietnam veteran to return to his vigilante ways when a young girl is kidnapped.

The first three films grossed a combined $614 million worldwide.

:rambo: IV :stupid:.

2-1B
10-29-2005, 01:16 AM
I'm looking forward to it. First Blood is an awesome movie, a childhood favorite of mine as was Rambo: FBpartII . . . but it sure was goofy. lol 3 was alright, my least favorite of the 3 but I still liked it.

I'm skeptical about this though, since Richard Crenna has passed away and will be absent. :(

scruffziller
10-29-2005, 02:09 PM
The reclusive Vietnam veteran to return to his vigilante ways when a young girl is kidnapped..

I liked this movie the first time I saw it when it was called COMMANDO!:rolleyes:

The Rambo movies were masterpieces, don't taint them with a lame sequel.

Rocketboy
10-29-2005, 05:00 PM
But the real question is:
Where is "Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot! 2"

bobafrett
10-29-2005, 11:40 PM
I wonder if Sly is going to workout to get into his "Rambo" shape? I mean at 59, he isn't as lean as he used to be. Or maybe he's doing it after Rocky 600 wraps, so he can kill two movies with one buff bod!

maatu
10-30-2005, 01:29 AM
i kind of look forward to rocky and rambo. i mean with all the remakes and junk and remake junk there putting out and the all the bad actors that are out there and get the press for making really bad movies. but are stars. this a good idea..do you know where george clooney would be if he was'nt a hollywood actor. flipping burgers. his career is all luck. thanks to his dad and aunt rosemary clooney.. he is the reason why you should finish high school and go to college. he is a bad actor.
sorry about the babbling...

JimJamBonds
10-30-2005, 04:33 PM
But the real question is:
Where is "Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot! 2"

My dream? Tango and Cash II. :yes:

JediTricks
10-30-2005, 06:19 PM
i kind of look forward to rocky and rambo. i mean with all the remakes and junk and remake junk there putting out and the all the bad actors that are out there and get the press for making really bad movies.Yeah, why remake a movie with bad new actors when you can remake them with the bad actors who made the original? ;)

.do you know where george clooney would be if he was'nt a hollywood actor. flipping burgers. his career is all luck. thanks to his dad and aunt rosemary clooney.. he is the reason why you should finish high school and go to college. he is a bad actor.I disagree, I think Clooney is a very naturally talented, nuanced actor and from what I hear people knew he was going to be a star while working with him on Facts of Life and Roseanne. And BTW, if you're going to blame anybody for his career, blame Miguel Ferrer who is his cousin and got him started in movies (and Ferrer is also a talented actor in his own right).

My dream? Tango and Cash II. :yes:Yeah, and he could follow that up with David Carradine making Death Race 2000 II. ;)

Oh man, I just checked IMDB, stupid Paul WS Anderson is supposedly actually doing a real sequel to Death Race 2000! :upset: That guy is a pretty poor director.

Lord Malakite
10-30-2005, 07:48 PM
Death Race 2000 II, sweet. I doubt Stallone will make a comeback in that one though. Its been a while since I've seen it but I'm pretty certain Frankenstein killed Stallone just before giving the President the ax.

If Rambo is coming back though, just remember to have a good supply of...ziploc bags. (A little MTV B & B humor):D

El Chuxter
10-31-2005, 01:04 PM
Bananas II cannot be far behind. This time, Stallone can write, direct, and star, and Woody Allen can have an uncredited cameo.

maatu
10-31-2005, 08:24 PM
tango and cash 2 could be good. he might be a star. but if he keeps making bad movies. he will be forgotten...what's next from george. ocean 13 and 14 . brother where art thou. the sequel.

2-1B
10-31-2005, 11:24 PM
Coming Soon: "O Brother Where Art Thou This Time?" lol

Sly should make a sequel to "A Party at Kitty and Stud's" ;)

2-1B
07-09-2006, 04:34 AM
I saw the trailer for Rocky 6 and I'm cautiously optimistic...I just love those characters so I'm going to take a chance on one last go round.

Well, actually Sly is the one taking the chance - I'll be paying $8.25 to watch his chance at redeeming the series. Which he won't, because the film will be panned and goofed on by many people. That's my prediction.

scruffziller
07-09-2006, 11:04 AM
tango and cash 2 could be good.
Then Sly could say that "Rambo is STILL a Pu**y":D

JimJamBonds
07-09-2006, 10:58 PM
I can't wait to see Mason 'The Line' Dixon in action.

JimJamBonds
07-09-2006, 11:03 PM
I just looked on IMDB and it seems that ol Johnny Rambo married Ms. Joanie Stubbs that is a nice pick up!!! :thumbsup:

2-1B
07-10-2006, 12:07 AM
WOW? :eek: Good for her. lol

And good for Rambo, John J. considering he's 20 years her senior. :D

Tycho
08-29-2006, 11:00 AM
I just watched the first Rambo, as part of my Vietnam War movies marathon. It was pretty good and was best described as "show not tell." The guy played Colonel Troutman was likeable, but overacted his part, sounding like a swaggering nerd almost. I could see him playing George McFly trying to be tough.

Stallone finally did a somewhat decent acting scene at the very end of the film where he broke down and put a voice to all the heartbreak that faced veterans returning home from the American military's first real loss it ever suffered.

His speech impediment often makes it difficult to understand what he's saying unless you really listen to him, but the dialogue was intelligently written. I'm not sure how old Stallone was when he first played Rambo, but he did not resonate as "a baby who killed other babies." He seemed older than his years actually.

I like how they found logical reasons for him to blow up most of the small town though, hehe.

The new Rambo DVDs have some kind of special feature mode to them that I haven't tried out yet. "Survival Mode" or something. I really only buy movies to watch them, not play around unless I totally love the movie I suppose. I like Rambo, but I don't love it. There you have it. I'll be watching Parts 2 and 3 later.

DarkArtist
08-29-2006, 08:58 PM
First Blood was a great stand alone movie, in my book Rambo II & III didn't happen. So as far as Rambo IV, all I can say is &*(&&*^%#$%@#!@$(**()* sorry but what I would say would be censored anyway.

Tycho
08-30-2006, 04:01 AM
Rambo: First Blood Part II was a sequel even better than the original!

What are you talking about? The tragic love lost. The soldier betrayed. The set up to make a man burn for revenge! The heroic rescue of POWs still held in Vietnam!

The helicopter battle and Rambo burning the Russians and Vietnamese regulars in the grasses. Plus the beautiful photography and a not-half-bad music score that was definitely an improvement over the first one.

So far II is better than I.

So we'll see where it goes.

BTW: how long was John Rambo in prison for? Rambo I takes place when? After 1972 I'm sure. So when? Rambo II takes place in 1985 - Rambo himself says so when a POW asks what year it is. Heck: the Vietnamese Army was holding American prisoners for possibly over 10 years!

And I loved the girl! Dang she was hot. Too bad she gets killed and burried in the mud. That was truly moving.

Oh - I liked the battle between the boats on the river as well, btw.

JimJamBonds
08-30-2006, 08:37 AM
I'm not sure when but Rambo I takes place a number of years after the end of Vietnam and II starts out with Rambo breaking rocks for his little boo boo.

One of the greatest lines in movies happens in Rambo II.... "Murdoch..... I'm coming to GET YOU!!!"

El Chuxter
08-30-2006, 09:50 AM
And I loved the girl! Dang she was hot. Too bad she gets killed and burried in the mud. That was truly moving.

Thanks for the spoiler warning! :mad::p

2-1B
08-30-2006, 10:15 AM
"Maybe go America. Live the quiet life."

"Expendable. What mean 'expendable' ?"

"You may scream. There is no shame."

and then this little Rambo-Murdoch exchange:

"I always believed the mind was the best weapon."
"Time's changed."
"For some people."

lol lol lol

Man that movie has some great dialogue. Oh, and the scene where Rambone packs up his gear and readys for battle is overly stacked with testosterone. :grin:

Tycho
08-30-2006, 12:29 PM
The Russian said: "You may scream. There is NO SHAME."

El Chuxter, I think you were kidding about spoilers. You could have watched this movie any time since 1985 I think. :rolleyes:

2-1B
08-30-2006, 01:07 PM
The Russian said: "You may scream. There is NO SHAME."

Yeah, that's what I said. lol lol lol

Tycho
08-30-2006, 01:16 PM
Caesar, if your edit button on this forum page starts to overheat...

Tycho
08-30-2006, 05:54 PM
I liked Rambo III (just watched it), and it's interesting that how the Afghans are shown in such a positive light then, during the Cold War when that picture was made, compared with now after 9-11. I couldn't help but watch it thinking Rambo's friend was Bin Laden.

That alone doesn't influence me liking the picture less than Rambo II, but I really associate Rambo with Vietnam and I think the 2nd picture really found him in his element.

Colonel Troutman's acting steadily improved through each of the films though.

Meanwhile, boy is Afghanistan a desolate place! Those people there are dying to defend what essentially amounts to rocks. I can't believe they all didn't want to emigrate someplace else.

Also it made me wonder why Rambo gave away his necklace that his "girlfriend" gave him when she died in Vietnam? You'd think he'd keep that. Yeah I realize the young boy represented her spirit in another freedom fighter, but still, she meant even more to him than that kid did. Sure he earned "something" of somesort by taking a bullet on the mission. But I'm not sure how much he was really worth.

JediTricks
08-30-2006, 06:23 PM
I liked Rambo III (just watched it), and it's interesting that how the Afghans are shown in such a positive light then, during the Cold War when that picture was made, compared with now after 9-11. I couldn't help but watch it thinking Rambo's friend was Bin Laden. Another movie that does that is the James Bond film "The Living Daylights" (very underrated, one of my favorites), there are these characters - the Mujahideen - who in the movie are portrayed as romantic freedom fighters staving off the Commies, these are the same guys we now recognize are really radical terrorists (the term "Mujahideen" is actually more generic than that and can refer to anybody on a Jihad, it's essentially the same as our term "Crusader", but the Mujahideen in TLD are most definitely reflective of those who became the current Islamic terrorists today).

Blue2th
08-30-2006, 07:19 PM
I've got a good idea for a script. Rambo returns to Afganistan, and captures Osama Bin Forgotten. If anybody can get-er done Rambo can. :laugh:

2-1B
08-31-2006, 12:55 AM
Tycho, I'm posting to disagree with the opinion of Troutman's acting...I have to defend the work done on First Blood by the late, great Richard Crenna. :)

But thanks because now you just prompted me to put in the DVD! :grin:

2-1B
01-27-2008, 12:08 AM
I just looked on IMDB and it seems that ol Johnny Rambo married Ms. Joanie Stubbs that is a nice pick up!!! :thumbsup:

WTF are you talking about ? :confused: She wasn't in this movie...go away, troll. :stupid:

I loved it, well I suppose it wasn't great and I wish it was longer but for what it was, it was pretty good. Lots of arrows-in-the-head, exploding-heads-and-limbs, decapitations/guttings, you know...all that good stuff from war.

It's not a great movie and certainly not as good a comeback as Rocky 6, but Rambo 4 was a respectable return to the franchise. And it's got a nice little closing scene. :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
01-27-2008, 09:55 PM
If Rambo 4 is the final nail in the coffin, then Rambo 5 must be the the first shovel full of dirt.

From slashfilm (http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/01/27/harvey-weinstein-already-wants-to-make-rambo-v/):

Harvey Weinstein Already Wants To Make Rambo V

Like two puppies in love, Harvey Weinstein and Nikki Finke had their requisite Sunday chat today, with Weinstein declaring (http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/wkd-box-office-slys-violent-rambo-cant-beat-300-spoof/) that he’s quite pumped up about Rambo’s combined domestic and international box office potential, while Finke’s sentiments are, adorably, the exact opposite. Serving as executive producer on the fourth Rambo film, which opened in second place this weekend, grossing $18.2 million, Weinstein also said that he’s hungry for a sequel, and this time he wants Rambo to come back to America.

Sylvester Stallone has stated many times that, while Rocky Balboa’s days on film are up, he’d love to bring John Rambo back. Recently, we reported (http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/01/16/spec-rambo-to-become-super-rambo-ramboin-space/)that Stallone emphasized adding “another element of the surreal [to a Rambo V] that would actually take the audience into a slightly different genre.”

Weinstein said he expects Rambo to do $50 million domestically, with $100-150 million on top of that internationally, where Stallone is a bigger draw. Both the speculated sci-fi or superhero slant and a return to the states sound like good moves, creative and business-wise, for the franchise and the Rambo character to me. You?Sci-fi Rambo? Superhero Rambo?

Tycho
01-27-2008, 09:59 PM
They could do a reality movie with Rambo where he tries to sing but Simon and Ryan Seacrest slams him (or whomever the guys on American Idol are - I don't watch that show).

Then Rambo gets mad and organizes The Spice Girls like Charlie's Angels to get the industry back!

Everyone makes a comeback. It would be a movie like nothing you'd ever seen before.

2-1B
01-27-2008, 10:01 PM
I'm in favor of it, with the ending of Rambo 4 they could either leave the series alone OR have him do something stateside and I know I'd go see it. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
01-28-2008, 04:41 PM
Politics Rambo probably.

Tycho
01-28-2008, 04:59 PM
That would be awesome!

Maybe there will be this scene where he kicks Mitt Romney's ***!

JimJamBonds
02-19-2008, 11:34 PM
I'm in favor of it, with the ending of Rambo 4

I don't understand after all those years how his duffel bag still looks brand new as does his field jacket.

2-1B
02-20-2008, 12:05 AM
Brian Dennehy might have something to say about that jacket.

vader121
08-05-2008, 12:02 PM
I just saw this last night. I gotta say that it was pretty good for what it is but I think it was way too short. They could've done more development with the mercenaries or even the do-gooder group.

It was very brutal though. Very hardcore and violent. In fact some parts were a little over-the-top.

preacher
08-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Brutal is an understatement. Did anybody else watch the commentary included with the DVD? The movie is banned in Berma and Stallone has a warrant for his arrest. He basically can't set foot in the country - ever. Who would want to? The dude that played the Bermese general is apparently a (former) citizen of Berma and the government threatened to kill his family if he acted in it. But the actor really wanted people to know what is going on.

Not much of a story. But Stallone set out to shock the world. According to the testimonials in the DVD commentary this is about as true to the Bermese condition as it can get. And I applaud Sly trying to inform people. Even though there really was no story.

2-1B
08-05-2008, 10:00 PM
over-the-top.

one of Sly's best movies !

Blue2th
08-06-2008, 02:01 AM
Brutal is an understatement. Did anybody else watch the commentary included with the DVD? The movie is banned in Berma and Stallone has a warrant for his arrest. He basically can't set foot in the country - ever. Who would want to? The dude that played the Bermese general is apparently a (former) citizen of Berma and the government threatened to kill his family if he acted in it. But the actor really wanted people to know what is going on.

Not much of a story. But Stallone set out to shock the world. According to the testimonials in the DVD commentary this is about as true to the Bermese condition as it can get. And I applaud Sly trying to inform people. Even though there really was no story.

I didn't know that about this movie. I had planned on renting it, but now I'm more interested in seeing it after what recent events happened there, and how they treat their own people.

preacher
08-06-2008, 08:34 PM
I didn't know that about this movie. I had planned on renting it, but now I'm more interested in seeing it after what recent events happened there, and how they treat their own people.

Yeah man check it out! Really interesting stuff. Heck for 99 cents you can rent this from a red box.

Tycho
03-22-2009, 04:28 AM

I finally saw this and I think there was a good story and yes, I also give Stallone many kudos for showing what is really going on over there.

This was a powerful movie and a lot of great action!

mabudonicus
03-22-2009, 11:28 AM
Funny, I finally saw it just last week too.

Only real complaint is Rambo didn't have to do any field surgery :(

The orgy of death at the end of the film was downright HILARIOUS tho
:beard: Iso&Baws

BOP BOP BOP BOP BOP

Blue2th
03-22-2009, 11:41 AM
I did finally see it. Enjoyed it. It's what Sly does best. This was by far more graphic in the violence dept.

Now if he would just go over to Darfur and solve some massacres there, and bring it on home so we can see what it's really like. Then a trip down to the Congo.

The world needs Rambo!

2-1B
09-07-2009, 07:56 PM
bring on Rambo 5 !!! :)

JimJamBonds
09-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Did you hear something about Rambo Pent?

Rocketboy
09-11-2009, 11:16 PM
The story involves a secret U.S. military installation where they are doing experiments to create “brilliantly instinctual killer soldiers that have no qualms about taking life.” And when things go wrong, Rambo is brought in with a Black Ops squad to hunt, capture and kill these chemically engineered creations. So basically, Rambo will be the hunter instead of the hunted. Head on over to AICN (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42256) to see the full early concept poster for the new film, which is cropped above. And yes, the working title right now is Rambo V: The Savage Hunt.http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/09/04/rambo-5-goes-sci-fi-the-savage-hunt-confirmed/

JimJamBonds
09-13-2009, 01:36 PM
http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/09/04/rambo-5-goes-sci-fi-the-savage-hunt-confirmed/

Ehhhhhhhhh :rolleyes:

mabudonicus
09-14-2009, 09:35 AM
Oh I hope it corrects the issues that hindered John Rambo- if 5 has the same level of violence as the last 15 minutes of 4 did only 10 times the duration, it could be an awesome movie- plus if Rambo is on government business with a government team he'll REALLY be loaded down with tehc death-bringers etc. This could be fantastic :D
:beard: Iso&Baws&Topes

Oyes I finally saw 4 and it was pretty fun to watch

2-1B
09-14-2009, 07:38 PM
"Kind Cobra...world's most dangerous Cobra..."

El Chuxter
09-14-2009, 07:46 PM
No, the most dangerous Cobra would be a lone SAW-Viper with an attitude.

2-1B
09-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Chux, I think you just hit on the plot for the inevitable crossover film between Rambo and GI Joe. ;)

Hey if Rocky Balboa could join the Joes, why not John Rambo ? :)

pbarnard
09-15-2009, 07:21 AM
Chux, I think you just hit on the plot for the inevitable crossover film between Rambo and GI Joe. ;)

Hey if Rocky Balboa could join the Joes, why not John Rambo ? :)

Because they'd meet in a hallway, and strike up a conversation. "yo". "uhh" "yo", "uhhh". And than get kicked out because they can't say "Yo Joe!". :thumbsup:

That and Gung Ho won't share his HGH stash.

2-1B
09-15-2009, 09:25 PM
See ??? These scripts write themselves ! :)

scruffziller
10-16-2009, 05:36 PM
And I applaud Sly trying to inform people. Even though there really was no story.

What story was there was all that was needed. Anything more, and it would have diluted the film.
Basically it was Sly on assignment for 60 minutes, but done with screen charachters. The story tells itself; and I love 60 minutes.

JimJamBonds
05-04-2010, 03:46 PM
I just read this on MSN, in it Stallone says he is "99% sure he is done with Rambo movies." I hope that is the case.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=497390

2-1B
05-04-2010, 10:16 PM
"Kind Cobra...world's most dangerous Cobra..."

Oops, that should have said King Cobra.

I just read this on MSN, in it Stallone says he is "99% sure he is done with Rambo movies." I hope that is the case.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=497390

I hope he's done, too, because Rambo Quad was awesome and had a GREAT ending with him going to see Pa Rambo...I like the reunion coda they put on that flick.

Hell, I haven't even seen The Expendables yet...but I'm already excited for part 2 !!! :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
05-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Speaking of Rambo...
Rambo: Extended Cut on July 26 (http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/rambo6.html)

Lionsgate Home Entertainment has announced DVD and Blu-ray releases of Rambo - Extended Cut for the 27th July. The film will include 9 extra uncut minutes. Each release will also include a 60 minute production diary.

JimJamBonds
05-06-2010, 09:51 AM
I'm guessing "9 extra uncut minutes" = "9 extra uncut minutes of killing."

OC47150
05-06-2010, 09:11 PM
I do want to see the extended Rambo.

And the storyline for the now defunct Rambo 5 does sound cool. I hope some other studio picks it up.

2-1B
05-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Maybe they're turning Rambo 5 into Die Hard 5 ?
I heard this morning that Bruce Willis signed on for DH5...but I don't know if that was accurate.

JimJamBonds
05-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Maybe they're turning Rambo 5 into Die Hard 5 ?
I heard this morning that Bruce Willis signed on for DH5...but I don't know if that was accurate.

Is the guy from the Apple commercial's going to be in it as well?

OC47150
05-07-2010, 03:18 PM
I saw on Dark Horizons where a writer is starting to work on the Die Hard 5 script. The storyline is hush-hush, but there wasn't any more info than that. I'll try to find the article, but what I wrote is the jist of it.

Rocketboy
05-08-2010, 01:07 AM
Hitman/A-Team Screenwriter to Write Die Hard 5 (http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/05/04/hitmana-team-screenwriter-to-write-die-hard-5/)

Skip Woods is in talks with 20th Century Fox to write Die Hard 5. Woods is the screenwriter behind Swordfish and Hitman, and one of the writers on X-Men Origins: Wolverine and the upcoming A-Team movie (http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/05/04/hitmana-team-screenwriter-to-write-die-hard-5/#). No information has been released on a possible storyline for the fifth installment, but Bruce Willis has said that it would have to expand in scope and go “worldwide”.

This comes after Bruce Willishttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/2_bing.gif (http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/05/04/hitmana-team-screenwriter-to-write-die-hard-5/#) made claims (http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/02/22/bruce-willis-says-die-hard-5-could-shoot-next-year-story-would-go-worldwide/) at the Cop Out junket in New York City that not only would he like to do another Die Hard film, but “I think we’re going to do a ‘Die Hard 5‘ next year.” It is now one step closer to being possible.

Willis has also said that the series needs to expand in scope. The original film had John McClane “trapped in a building”, in Die Harder he was “trapped in an airport”, Die Hard With a Vengeance expanded the scope to “New York City” and Live Free or Die Hard expanded the threat to the United States. So as you might have guessed it, Willis says the fifth film would have to go further: “Well it’s got to go worldwide.”

Darth Jax
05-08-2010, 10:51 AM
by that logic is armageddon die hard 6? john mcclain in space.