PDA

View Full Version : Jade only has 14 votes in front of Padme, LOL

Turbowars
10-29-2005, 12:27 AM
I can't believe this. Padme looks like she will win this. Now all I have to do is make 15 more new e-mail address and Padme will be locked in.:thumbsup:

2-1B
10-29-2005, 12:49 AM
Good job Turbs, I'll do another 10 for every one you do just to be certain we lock this up for our gal Paddy. :)

Turbowars
10-29-2005, 12:52 AM
I wouldn't except anything less.:yes:

Slicker
10-29-2005, 01:20 AM
I'm straight up calling BS on Sideshow on this one. This is really funny if you ask me. I like how she has gained more a trillions votes in a matter of a couple weeks. Whatever.:rolleyes:

Jayspawn
10-29-2005, 08:47 AM
I actually want Padme to win. We need a good looking Natalie Portman 12" figure for once. I voted once which is enough for me. Now I'm sittin back and watching.

TCC-1972
10-31-2005, 05:54 AM
Looks like anybody that actually wanted an expanded universe character is **** out of luck!

Turbowars
11-05-2005, 12:37 AM
LOL, well I guess Caesar's and my idea about voting another 20 times did it. Padme is in the lead by 12. Cool by me. I just wonder what kind of release date she will have. 3 months, 6 months, NEXT WEEK?:laugh: There's only a bit more than a hour left people. I'm sure that most of us that care have made their vote around here though.

2-1B
11-05-2005, 01:37 AM
Turbs, I just bought an Arctic Padme prototype on eBay. ;)

TCC-1972
11-05-2005, 01:39 AM
Don't know what the game is here but whatever it is, it sure as hell ain't right! And it's depressing that humans have to be the way they are. Rigged or not rigged something is very wrong! Never black & white with people,always some secret,deceptive crap going on in the shadows. Can't trust anything or anybody! The word trust doesn't even have any meaning anymore. How sad!:sad:

We'll probably never know the truth about this poll. I'm just glad it's a stupid worthless toy poll & not something life threatening.

Turbowars
11-05-2005, 09:26 AM
Yeah, you know it reminds me of the last Presidential election and that was a matter of live or death. At least there wont be a war due to the result.:thumbsup:

Turbowars
11-05-2005, 10:17 PM
SO? Whats the result SS? Come on, you guys don't work on Saturdays?

Jayspawn
11-08-2005, 12:31 AM
I'm anxious to hear the results as well. I'm hoping for Padme. But I'll be fine with Jade too.

maatu
11-08-2005, 06:07 PM
i hope she did not win. then it's not a expanded universe one. i will just go after the luke and forget this one. man it is depressing that people have to cheat and screw with the results and not pick a character fairly. padme is weak.......then again maybe they will make all the ones from the list.

Jayspawn
11-08-2005, 06:16 PM
Padme isnt weak. Hasbro's attempts at making a decent 12" figure of her are weak!

Its about time we get a 12" figure that looks like Natalie Portman! We'll probably get one later this year anyways, so my hopes are high.

sith_killer_99
11-08-2005, 06:24 PM
Yeah, you know it reminds me of the last Presidential election and that was a matter of live or death. At least there wont be a war due to the result.

What!?!?!:eek:

There's been another war since the 2004 election?!?! Why didn't someone tell me. I'm in the Army for crying out loud!:crazed:

Ooops...back on topic.

Who did win the poll?

Garth Algar
11-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Who did win the poll?
they'll announce it this friday.

Don't know what the game is here but whatever it is, it sure as hell ain't right! And it's depressing that humans have to be the way they are. Rigged or not rigged something is very wrong! Never black & white with people,always some secret,deceptive crap going on in the shadows. Can't trust anything or anybody! The word trust doesn't even have any meaning anymore. How sad!:sad:

We'll probably never know the truth about this poll. I'm just glad it's a stupid worthless toy poll & not something life threatening.
did anyone check on this guy to see if he's still alive?

JediTricks
11-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Its about time we get a 12" figure that looks like Natalie Portman! We'll probably get one later this year anyways, so my hopes are high.Here's the thing, the second sentence here says it all, we'll probably be getting a 12" Padme from this line no matter what, so why bother with this barely-different Arctic Padme??? I don't get that, there's no appeal there whatsoever, and in the end even Padme fans will be miffed when Sideshow releases AOTC Padme and it's all but identical to this Arctic Padme figure they had already bought. Hell, Sideshow does variants all the time, they could have done AOTC Padme regular and then released the arctic variant outfit based off that piece... but noooo, we have to get this POS usurping all the REAL expanded universe choices instead.

Jayspawn
11-09-2005, 10:16 PM
Here's the thing. I want a 12" Padme. I dont care much for EU so to heck with them. But Sideshow has my faith so if its somebody else then great.

JediTricks
11-10-2005, 04:56 PM
That seems like a very poor reasoning if that's what pushed Padme into the lead, but it's as much Sideshow's fault for including that option as anybody's. Desparate men take desparate measures... hee hee, we're talking about being desparate for toys. :p Sorry, I mean "collectibles".

Turbowars
11-11-2005, 03:42 PM
Well people Padme won by 54 votes. I don't about you guys, but I'm a happy camper! Check it out

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/php/081905sweu.php?&source=swpoll

JediTricks
11-11-2005, 03:58 PM
Wow, I'm shocked Sideshow had the nerve to show that graph, it shows exactly what I was saying about Padme having a ridiculously out-of-proportion upswing in votes. Look how cool Kir Kanos is, that would have been totally awesome as a figure, instead we get an EU fig that's AOTC Padme with a fur-lined hooded cape and matching gloves... which I bet NONE of those who buy it will actually display it with, and that'll go great with the real AOTC Padme they release later that gets soft sales because most of the interested parties already bought the EU Padme... HA! Bet you guys didn't think of THAT! If EU Padme hinders AOTC Padme's sales, Sideshow might get the idea that there is less interest in Padme figs and end up putting less out. :D

(I just hope Sideshow is smart enough to recognize that any soft sales on this EU Padme's part are not reflective of EU sales in general, being as this POS isn't any sort of EU figure at all.)

Turbowars
11-11-2005, 04:09 PM
Damn JT, did someone pee in your Cheereos today? You don't like the 12" Jedi Luke, which is perfect and you hate this Padme figure, whats up?

JediTricks
11-11-2005, 04:17 PM
To be fair, I've hated this Padme figure since day 1. It just cheeses me off that AOTC Padme buyers would ruin a cool poll for no good reason; and it still bothers me that Sideshow would even include such a worthless option on the poll in the first place - it's disrespectful to us SW fans and especially to EU fans.

And I don't dislike the Jedi Luke, read my posts again, I just don't think it's perfect: it's called an opinion.

And it's "Cheerios". :p

Turbowars
11-11-2005, 04:22 PM
Thanks Spell check. :rolleyes:

Opinion, whats that?

Jayspawn
11-11-2005, 04:40 PM
Padme won! Woohoo!

I'm just suffering from a MAJOR lack of GOOD Padme merchandise thats all.

Aliencowthatmoos
11-11-2005, 06:49 PM
The problem here is that it's a poll targeting an extremely small demographic: a subset of Star Wars fans who care about the books and games and such. This poll is meant for that set but open to the much larger set of Star Wars fans who don't know or care about EU. Thus they pick they pick the same thing we've got before and will again.

It's a lot like listening to the radio when they're taking requests. The public always request the same damn song that's already playing in 5 minute intervals.

Eminiem: ".... his name was Stan, oh, it was you. Damn."
Announcer: "Ok, now it's time for your requests."
Annoying Teenie boper: "Oh my god, oh my god, can you play Stan? I love that song!"
Me: "ARRRRRGH!"

Oh yes, and here's my prediction for the next customer selected Expanded Universe figure:

Jayspawn
11-11-2005, 11:01 PM
We're going to get Padme in her Snow Bunny outfit. Hehe. :D :D :D

Turbowars
11-11-2005, 11:08 PM
HeHe, that just sound bad Jay. The funny thing is, it true. The result shows 3 things. #1 There's a more collecters that DON"T like EU that the ones that do.(Go to hell EU #2 The poll was rigged, but thats a tried one and #3 There's just too many sick fanboys out there that love the hottie and created as many e-mail addresses as they could to vote multiple times.:twisted: :thumbsup:

JediTricks
11-12-2005, 03:28 PM
Padme won! Woohoo!

I'm just suffering from a MAJOR lack of GOOD Padme merchandise thats all.
And you think Arctic Padme is going to be a worthy inclusion of "good Padme merchandise"? I'm not seeing it at all, silly snow bunny Padme is like a bad joke, like something out of the Barbie line, "Snow Fun Padme comes with a hooded cloak, gloves, a matching belt, and a snowman!"

Aliencow, Papa Luke there I think will have a pimpin' cane to complete the look, should be dandy. :p I still maintain Sideshow shot themselves in the face by including this poll option at all, it created a bad feeling in some collectors, a bad PR move - give the people good choices and you cannot go wrong when they choose something good. I don't care that much about the EU, but I would have bought a Kir Kanos or Asajj Ventress or Mara Jade or Thrawn, they would have been nifty and Star Warsy and something outside the normal routine, there's nothing remotely acceptable about this lame-arse Padme and it's destined to be an embarassing retread of the AOTC Padme they're sure to put out anyway.

Jayspawn
11-12-2005, 08:38 PM
Seems that plenty of other people are looking forward to it. Assuming it looks like Natalie Portman -we got a winner. Thats all there is too it.

Garth Algar
11-12-2005, 09:30 PM
Seems that plenty of other people are looking forward to it. Assuming it looks like Natalie Portman -we got a winner. Thats all there is too it.

i think she will sell well as long as the sculpt is good.

what i'm gonna think is really funny is if she's a super limited edition of 500 or 1000 and all these people bashing padme will be complaining that they couldn't get one. :)

Turbowars
11-13-2005, 12:17 AM
Yeah, I'd almost like see that happen.

InsaneJediGirl
12-11-2005, 09:45 AM
I just decided to check this poll since I forgot. How could Padme win? I was really pulling for Quinlan Vos or Mara Jade,yet we get "EU" Padme. I hope Sideshow will put out perhaps a few of the other true Expanded Universe characters.Until then,I certainly wont be buying Padme.

Turbowars
12-11-2005, 11:18 AM
Until then,I certainly wont be buying Padme.Why? You know she will look incredible. Is it the principle of the thing?:cross-eye;)

Jayspawn
12-11-2005, 07:51 PM
The World has spoken and it wants Padme!!!!

DarthBrandon
12-12-2005, 04:03 AM
No a select few decided to vote multiple times, thus screwing most out of Jade or someone else. Sounds like the elections around the world.:D

Turbowars
12-12-2005, 06:29 PM
Who do such a thing?:rolleyes:

InsaneJediGirl
12-13-2005, 11:23 AM
Why? You know she will look incredible. Is it the principle of the thing?:cross-eye;)

Not really,I'm not a huge fan of Padme to begin with. Secondly,she wasnt an EU choice in the true sense,although it could go either way since the stupid outfit is.

If it was maybe Senator/Queen Padme,I would buy it. I just think the snow suit Padme will look like a Barbie or some other little doll sitting amongst a bunch of sci-fi characters.

Turbowars
03-20-2006, 08:55 PM
So when the hell is she coming out? I want my bad girl now damn it! :lipsrseal

2-1B
03-20-2006, 09:41 PM
Good question Turbs, I would have thought there would be some news by now.

Sith Lord 0498
03-21-2006, 05:39 AM
During one of their previous chats, Sideshow insinuated that they were withholding any EU figure announcements until they had several figures to introduce as a group. My take on that is that they want to be able to roll out the EU line in a similar fashion to the Order of the Jedi series where there was a new announcement/pre-order every few weeks.

2-1B
03-21-2006, 11:39 AM
They're going to release more than one EU figure in a row ? That's a good way to kill the line.

JediTricks
03-21-2006, 02:30 PM
This Padme figure was a good way to kill it anyway.

nash
03-21-2006, 06:26 PM
what makes you think it would kill the line? being able to get a character that has never been offered before anywhere else is awesome imo.

Jayspawn
03-21-2006, 06:31 PM
Agreed nash, Padme is gonna be a great figure when she shows.

Kidhuman
03-21-2006, 06:34 PM
Actually, Padme is an upcoming exclusive for Target, so it is and will be offered before this line.

Turbowars
03-21-2006, 08:28 PM
This Padme figure was a good way to kill it anyway.What? Are you mad?Someone has been hitting the Crack Pipe again and it isn't me.

Sith Lord 0498
03-22-2006, 08:25 AM
They're going to release more than one EU figure in a row ? That's a good way to kill the line.

Just because they're waiting until they can offer more than one EU figure in a short time doesn't mean that's all they'll be offering. Sideshow has already said that several lines will be running concurrently.

Besides, if Sideshow hasn't killed the line already by flooding us with Jedi figures, then I doubt EU is going to kill the line. Personally, I'm not looking forward to seeing an entire row of brown robes on my shelf. It'll look much better when some other figures get thrown into the mix.

And yes that includes Snow Bunny Padme!! :love:

JediTricks
03-22-2006, 06:07 PM
what makes you think it would kill the line? being able to get a character that has never been offered before anywhere else is awesome imo.Are you asking me or Caesar? Caesar is probably suggesting that there is far less interest in EU so 2 in a row would be a heavier lull, more collectors going longer without ordering a new SSC Star Wars figure. I was bouncing my comment off what Caesar said about releasing more than 1 EU figure in a row would kill the line, if 2 EU in a row will kill the line, then the silliness of this Snowbunny Barbie Padme figure is probably twice as bad on its own.

Plus, it's not a character that's never been offered anywhere else before, it's just AOTC Padme who we got in the Saga line, only with a fur-lined cloak and gloves, very "BFD" in my book. Snow Padme is a pitiful entry, not really an EU character, not exactly a movie figure - gives nothing to the EU fans at all while simultaneously screwing the movie fans out of getting an AOTC Padme figure any time soon.

2-1B
03-23-2006, 12:54 AM
Are you asking me or Caesar? Caesar is probably suggesting that there is far less interest in EU so 2 in a row would be a heavier lull, more collectors going longer without ordering a new SSC Star Wars figure.

roger that, good buddy. :thumbsup:

However, if what Sith Lord says is true about lines running concurrently, then I shouldn't dismiss it so easily. :) I hope it works out for you guys who like the EU figs. :)

Do you think the EU figs will have a lower production run ?

Sith Lord 0498
03-23-2006, 05:45 AM
However, if what Sith Lord says is true about lines running concurrently, then I shouldn't dismiss it so easily. :) I hope it works out for you guys who like the EU figs. :)

Do you think the EU figs will have a lower production run ?

It's times like this that I wish a had a better memory so I could quote the exact link to that interview for all you guys and gals!! :)

Still, that's what Sideshow is doing right now...Order of the Jedi and Heroes of the Rebellion. Obviously, the Jedi line will continue (after all...no Yoda yet), and with the Sith supposedly looming on the horizon, that'll be one more series running alongside the Jedi and definitely Heroes of the Rebellion.

I do think we'll see varying production numbers for the EU, but they will generally be low. Kit Fisto, while a movie-based figure, had a smaller run because SSC gauged that there would be less interest in him. I can imagine most EU figures being at the Kit Fisto level or 500-1000 lower.

Kidhuman
03-23-2006, 08:37 AM
It's times like this that I wish a had a better memory so I could quote the exact link to that interview for all you guys and gals!! :)

Were your teen years as "smoked" out as mine? :p :beard:

Sith Lord 0498
03-23-2006, 08:51 AM
Were your teen years as "smoked" out as mine? :p :beard:

LOL :p

Nope...sorry. Although at least that would've given me an excuse... :D

JediTricks
03-23-2006, 05:08 PM

Do you think the EU figs will have a lower production run ?You're the one who defined "in a row", Sith Lord said "in a group" which does *suggest* the same thing but is not definitively the same. I think you're right about "in a row" and I think if that were the case you'd be correct about the effects being detrimental of releasing them in a row without another line in between. But SL's probably right that we'll get 1 EU fig, then another Heroes of the Rebellion (or similar movie line), then after that another EU, thus staggered releases.

I can almost guarantee you the EU figs will have a lower production run, look at Kit Fisto, the production runs had been going up and up till that point, he comes out and it goes way down, then they go back up for Mace & Han. SSC knows there's less interest in certain characters and changes release numbers to accomodate, that makes sense to me.

mrcrowlley
03-24-2006, 11:01 AM

Still, that's what Sideshow is doing right now...Order of the Jedi and Heroes of the Rebellion. Obviously, the Jedi line will continue (after all...no Yoda yet), and with the Sith supposedly looming on the horizon, that'll be one more series running alongside the Jedi and definitely Heroes of the Rebellion.

I do think we'll see varying production numbers for the EU, but they will generally be low. Kit Fisto, while a movie-based figure, had a smaller run because SSC gauged that there would be less interest in him. I can imagine most EU figures being at the Kit Fisto level or 500-1000 lower.

How big would a 1/6th Yoda be? About what about 4 inches I don't know if SS has ever done a figure this small. The 1/4 scale would only be about 7 I am not sure either of these are covered by licenses that SS has rights too.

2-1B
03-24-2006, 11:07 AM
They'll probably stuff the package with Dagobah rocks and a Jedi Council chair.

mrcrowlley
03-24-2006, 11:10 AM
Your probably right. That is how it seems koto got around it by putting yoda on the hunk of tree that kinda looks like ah well .......