PDA

View Full Version : is the red clone trooper #6 still shipping?

steve3p0
10-30-2005, 09:52 PM
this is the only figure i have not yet found. i see the white trooper often, but never a red version. is it currently shipping or should i go ahead and buy one on ebay?

TIE Pilot
10-30-2005, 10:29 PM
Same here, I've been to every Target, KB, K-Mart and TRU in my area.. and no luck. I just want one to open, but can't seem to track one down.

I refuse to buy off EBay.. I'd rather do without.

bobafrett
10-30-2005, 11:14 PM
At Wal-Mart we have been getting quite a few cases of figures in with a lot of the #6, but only in white. We have been getting asortments of older and newer figures. Not sure if this is the case at other Wal-Mart stores.

Blue2th
10-31-2005, 08:32 AM
I have not seen the red Shock Trooper for a long time now. Got a couple then never saw him again. Lucky to find what I did. The only figure I had to resort to eBay was the black Clone Pilot. I simply did not see him ever on the pegs. I don't know why Hasbro doesn't ship these two variants instead of the regular ones that are becoming peg warmers.:yes:

tagmac
10-31-2005, 06:17 PM
Interesting. Around here, the black clone pilot is the easiest one to find. I've seen them several times, often 2-3 on the pegs. The Sith eyes Anakin seems to be the rarest of them all (found one once, which I bought), although the shocktroopers are extremely difficult to come by here, too. I found two of them on one occasion and bought one, but that was it. Granted, the fact that these are army builders and shipping one per case (and in only one assortment) is what's creating that shortage.

TheDarthVader
11-01-2005, 08:42 PM
I found many of these at one Wal Mart. Other stores are bone dry. The problem is due to DISTRIBUTION! Once again, Hasbro/these stores don't know how to distribute these figures. I have NEVER seen a black pilot on the pegs. I have NEVER seen Tarkin, Meena, or Ask Aak either. PM me if you need a shock trooper, and maybe we can work something out.

B.
TDV

plasticfetish
11-01-2005, 09:40 PM
I saw one at a store here in the Portland area (Fred Meyer) just today, so they're still out there. I don't know if it's old stock that's still floating around or not, but I'd say it's better to hold off from eBay for now.

DarthBrandon
11-01-2005, 10:32 PM
Found two today as a matter of fact, they are shipping to Canadian Tire here & it looks like they are two per case. Wal-Mart here is getting exactly what you said bobafrett nothing but #6 / 41 white & old case assortments.

Scackmgack
11-01-2005, 11:30 PM
I still have not seen a single Shock Trooper in the Boston area.

Hasblow screws up distribution again...you would think they would get the picture with army builders. Why wouldn't they pack these six to a case and sell out the cases and keep the pegs empty so stores re-order faster?

Idiots...

figrin bran
11-02-2005, 01:28 AM
i have only seen them once and that was at kay bee. the frustrating thing is that the case in which this ships in often has a regular white #6 and not a red one.

Slicker
11-02-2005, 02:51 AM
Today I saw a smattering of both at WM. Not sure what case they were in but they were there.

trandoshan666
11-03-2005, 11:23 PM
As I recall, the cases with those particular repaints were different from the regular ones: They were long and narrow and had a kind of pull-out display box. That made them easier to spot on pallets. Hope that helps.

bobafrett
11-04-2005, 11:45 PM
As I recall, the cases with those particular repaints were different from the regular ones: They were long and narrow and had a kind of pull-out display box. That made them easier to spot on pallets. Hope that helps.

I don't know that to be true, otherwise it would have been easier for me to select the boxes for some of the other collectors. You may be correct still though as the ones shipped to your store may have been in the longer boxes. It has been awhile though since I have seen the boxes that had the repaints in them.

BlueSnags
11-05-2005, 12:30 AM
Yeah, I haven't seen any for at least four weeks (last seen at Wal-mart). I have a feeling they are done.

trandoshan666
11-05-2005, 06:35 PM
I don't know that to be true, otherwise it would have been easier for me to select the boxes for some of the other collectors. You may be correct still though as the ones shipped to your store may have been in the longer boxes. It has been awhile though since I have seen the boxes that had the repaints in them.

I observed this phenomenon at three different WMs, so I thought it was universal. Weird.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-05-2005, 07:24 PM
Since we've been seeing HTF 4/2 show back up again (just today my local TRU in UT put out a case of preview figures for $4) I wouldn't count them out. What I'd really like to see is some 2005 OTC stuff. Those buggers came and went really fast.

trandoshan666
11-06-2005, 01:13 AM
Preview figures? That's really odd. What could they possibly be thinking with that one? That really sucks, because they're probably never gonna move that product. Once again TRU finds a way to screw up.

sith_killer_99
11-06-2005, 11:11 AM
Well, it's not just TRU that does strange stuff like that. I remember KB selling the Ephant Mon wave almost 2 years after it's initial release. I bought a few at the discounted price of $2.99!!!:D

tagmac
11-06-2005, 11:30 AM
They may yet move those preview figures. The wookiee warriar and R$ figs are good for army builders, that Greivous was the best version (other than the deluxe one), and it's the only way to get Tion Meddon if you missed it the first time (or to customize other Utapauans) - I don't think those figs will stay on the shelf too long.

Old Fossil
11-06-2005, 05:55 PM
Shame these are so hard to find. I had to get my only one off Ebay a while back. It's such a cool design, wish I had a couple more.:(

Mandalorian Candidat
11-06-2005, 09:36 PM
Preview figures? That's really odd. What could they possibly be thinking with that one? That really sucks, because they're probably never gonna move that product. Once again TRU finds a way to screw up.

I'd think that too, but I snapped up two more, my son got one, and another guy had two in his hands and was debating on which one to buy when I was there. I would have thought putting out 4/2 stuff would have been death, but it's been selling in my area. Hell, my WM stuck out what seemed like 3-4 cases of ROTS Vaders at the beginning of October and they now have just a few left. It seems like the only nonselling figure right now are the Neimoidians.

But back on the shocktroopers...I don't get why Hasbro busted out those few figures then stopped abruptly. You'd think they put our more and even some other differently painted ones, like the orange/yellow ones from Cody's regiment, and watch them fly of the pegs. They definitely sell well.

ROTJLuke
11-07-2005, 08:37 PM
I was lucky enough to find all three basic trooper figure variants (black pilot, green commander, red trooper) at once. Havent seen them since, but I mangaed to score that last Saturday nite around Midnight at a meijers.

Battle Droid
11-13-2005, 01:17 PM
I got 4 Shock Troopers the other day at Wal-Mart so I guess so, but this was a new Wal-Mart that just opened that day, so that might be why.

steve3p0
11-22-2005, 10:33 AM
i ended up buying this one on ebay. $10.50 including shipping.

from the episode 3 figures with all variations included, this is the only one i never saw in any store.

Scackmgack
11-24-2005, 11:25 AM
Still have not seen one anywhere near Boston.

Am considering returning the Target Utapau Shadow Troopers I was meant to get for my birthday so I can get some Shock Troopers off eBay instead, along with a Jedi Temple Assault multipack so I can have some decent 501st troopers, as well.

Given the choice between clones which had screen time and clones which didn't, I would choose the former every time.

Kidhuman
11-24-2005, 12:27 PM
I found a lone one at WM about two weeks ago.

Veers
11-24-2005, 07:53 PM
They are still shipping but they do not last on the pegs. I seen some at Sears as well.

steve3p0
12-15-2005, 08:52 PM
i finally saw this one yesterday. for the past few days we've had a total of maybe five figures. it looked as if one case had been placed on the pegs, it must have been lost in the back room or something a customer placed on layaway and then cancelled. one red clone trooper with a few other figures.

this was the only figure from the line that i never saw in any store and i finally found it.

Old Fossil
12-15-2005, 11:22 PM
Nice find, steve. I've paid a small fortune to assemble my little team of Shocktroopers, all of them off Ebay. I, too, have never seen this figure in stores -- the only one of the line I never found at retail, and danged if it isn't one of the best Clones.:rolleyes:

UKWildcat
12-15-2005, 11:43 PM
I've only seen the ShockTrooper once in the stores and its the sole one in my collection. I will definitely pick up more if I see them on the pegs but I am not going to pay 10+ bucks a pop for one of these on eBay, atleast not yet.;) :D

Old Fossil
12-16-2005, 05:34 PM
I will definitely pick up more if I see them on the pegs but I am not going to pay 10+ bucks a pop for one of these on eBay, atleast not yet.;) :D

It's worth it... almost.:love:

At least, that's what I keep telling myself.:thumbsup:

bobafrett
12-17-2005, 11:30 PM
I saw a bunch of figures at my Wal-Mart and I had joped somewhere in the mix I would find another shocktrooper to open, and put next to his comrade, but it wasn't to be.

jimmymiro12
12-18-2005, 09:56 AM
I need two more. I saw them in retail 1 time which was in Deleware.

jimmy m

TheDarthVader
12-19-2005, 02:24 PM
I have trade proposition for first one who pms me. My two loose shock troopers which are complete and all that for Ask Aak and Tarkin ROTS figures CARDED. PM me and let me know. I will trade with the first person who PMs me. The cards must be at least near mint. Not BEAT UP! =)

B.
TDV

X13VADER
12-19-2005, 04:58 PM
I Could Get You Those I Have Seen Them On The Shelf. Unless You Have It Already.

sith_killer_99
12-20-2005, 07:02 AM
WOW, it looks like Hasbro will be shipping these in a new Battle Pack! Each pack will include Palpatine, Yoda, 2 Shock Troopers and a Senate pod!:thumbsup:

DarthBrandon
12-20-2005, 07:23 AM
Sounds good to me, the more the merrier.:thumbsup: