PDA

View Full Version : Omg Check This Out Lol

rich_of_the_dead
10-31-2005, 08:08 PM
i just read this over @ imdb

10 disc info-----http://www.theforce.net/timeline/swdvd.asp

Work In Progress Editions (10 disc set)

This box set would offer fans a unique chance to look back at the evolution of the series through the "unfinished versions," accessible on DVD through seamless branching technology. Also included are vintage TV, home video, and Internet specials, which offer a one of a kind look at how Star Wars has become the cultural phenomena it is today.

Disc One: The Phantom Menace

Theatrical Edition (1999)

Sound Options
1. Dolby Digital Track
2. Isolated Audio track of the Music Score
3. Isolated Audio track of Alternate and/or Unused Music
4. Isolated Sound Effects tracks.
5. Samuel L. Jackson's narration for the blind.

Disc Two: Attack of The Clones

Theatrical Film Edition (2002)

Theatrical Digital Edition (2002)

IMAX Edition (2002)

Sound Options
1. Dolby Digital Track
2. Isolated Audio track of the Music Score
3. Isolated Audio track of Alternate and/or Unused Music
4. Isolated Sound Effects tracks.

Disc Three: A New Hope

Original 70mm Edition (1977) this version did not have the "Episode IV: A New Home" title and did not contain the scene on the Death Star where Chewie barks at the mouse droid.

Original 35mm Edition (1977) this version did not have the "Episode IV: A New Home" title.

Original Re-release / Home Video Edition (1981) included the "Episode IV" title.

Special Edition (1997)

Sound Options
1. Six track mix for Original 70mm Edition
2. Four track Dolby Mix for Original 35mm Edition
3. Mono mix for Original 35mm Edition
4. Home THX Mix from 1993 for Original Re-release Edition (1981)
5. Dolby Digital Track for Special Edition
6. Audio Commentary from Definitive Collection Laser Disc
7. Isolated Audio Track of the Music Score
8. Isolated Audio Track of Sound Effects
9. Isolated Audio Track of Alternate and / or Unused Music

Disc Four: The Empire Strikes Back

Original Edition (1980)

Special Edition (1997)

Sound Options
1. Original Theatrical mix
2. Home THX Mix from 1993 for original edition
3. Dolby Digital Track for Special Edition
4. Audio Commentary from Definitive Collection Laser Disc set
5. Isolated Audio Track of the Music Score
6. Isolated Audio Track of Sound Effects
7. Isolated Audio Track of Alternate and / or Unused Music

Disc Five: Return of The Jedi

Original Edition (1983)

Special Edition (1997)

Sound Options
1. Original Theatrical mix
2. Home THX Mix from 1993 for original edition
3. Dolby Digital Track for Special Edition
4. Audio Commentary from Definitive Collection Laser Disc set
5. Isolated Audio Track of the Music Score
6. Isolated Audio Track of Sound Effects
7. Isolated Audio Track of Alternate and / or Unused Music

Discs Six: TV Specials, Part 1

1. The Making of Star Wars (1977)

2. The Star Wars Holiday Special (1978) With the ability to watch the cartoon Starlog 432-1 as a separate work

3. SPFX- The Empire Strikes Back (1980)

4. Classic Creatures of Return Of The Jedi (1983)

Discs Seven: TV Specials, Part 2

1. From Star Wars To Jedi The Making of A Saga (1983)

2. Material from Star Wars Premiere on TV (1984), a behind the scenes documentary hosted by Mark Hamil, plus celebrity guest spots from commercial breaks.

3. George Lucas: Heroes, Myths and Magic (1993), a PBS documentary from their "American Masters" series

Discs Eight: TV Specials, Part 3

8. Star Wars: The Magic and The Mystery (1997) TV Special about the making of the special editions hosted by Howie Long.

9. From Star Wars To Star Wars; The Story of ILM (1999)

10. The Mythology of Star Wars (1999)

11. Star Wars Connections 4 Episodes (2002) The Anakin Skywalker episode is available on the Episode II VHS tape
- Anakin Skywalker
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
- The Fetts
- The Skywalkers

Discs Nine: Home Video / Internet Videos

1. THX Demo / Documentary (1990) Home Video
- Wow! - A THX Demonstration
- Soundtrack! - A THX documentary hosted by James Earl Jones

2. Extras from The Definitive Laser Disc Collection (1993)
-War Stories: An Interview with George Lucas
-Art Gallery: Narrated by Ralph McQuarrie
-The Lucasfilm Archive Tour
-Sound Advice: An Interview Ben Burt
-How the Walkers Walk: Narrated by Dennis Murrin
-Story-board comparison
-ABCs of Jedi Effects: An Interview with Dennis Murrin
-Jedi Video-matics
-Lapti Nek- music video
-Various Videomatics, with Stills of Production Photos,
Conceptual Art, and Storyboards

3. Leonard Maltin interviews with George Lucas from THX release (1995)

4. Special Edition Featurette (1997) Home Video laserdisc version

5. The Anatomy of A Dewback from starwars.com (1999)

6. Making Episode I: Lynn's Diary, SUB CLIPs and Intros, which are missing on the Episode I disc (1998-1999)
- 1a Interview Out takes
- 4a Something Out of Nothing
- 6a The Fall
- 7a One Day To Go
- 8a Casting Director
- 10a Naboo Soldier

7. Episode I The Music EPK Featurette (1999) There were six Electronic Press Kit Featurettes released to the media for Episode I, they included Story, Costumes, Design, Fights, Visual Effects, and Music. Of these six, only five are included on the current DVD, for some reason the music featurette is absent. However, it should be said that part 12 of Lynn's Diary (which is on the DVD) is almost identical to the music featurette.

5. Making Episode I: Featurettesfrom starwars.com (1999-2000)
- Sound
- Depth
- Watto
- Podracing

8. Episode I Behind The Scenes Featurette from VHS Release (2000)

9. Episode II: On Location Hosted by Ahmed Best 30 Episodes from starwars.com (2000-01)

10. Episode II Electronic Press Kit Featurettes (2002) Two of the three featurettes can be downloaded via a link on the original Episode II DVD.

11. Episode II Preview from Classic Trilogy VHS re-release (2001)

12. Animatics: The Force Behind the Force (2002)

13. Episode III Hyperspace Videos(2005) A collection of featurettes and demo reels previously available only to Hyperspace members.
- It's A Big Universe: The Making an Audiobook
- EPK: Questions Answered
- Episode III Animatics Reel
- Animation Sizzle
- The Journey
- EPK: Inside ILM

Discs Ten: Deleted Scenes/Trailers/Short Film

1. The Star Wars: The Lost Cut (1976) The first assembly cut of Star Wars.
A work in progress it contains the cantina scene before reshoots, the Biggs footage, the pre-Special Edition Jabba The Hutt, and lots more.

Sound Options
1. Original production sound
2. A commentary by the "Star Wars Insider's" David West Reynolds

2. Deleted Scenes from all five films, not previously available on past releases. One such scene available on-line to Hyperspace members is the Jedi Assault on the Droid Control Ship from Episode II

3. Original Trilogy Trailers (1977-1997)
Several trailers that were available on previous laserdisc releases where omitted from the 2004 DVD release, they are...
a. Star Wars Trailer with an Academy Award Card at the end
b. A trailer for a limited 2 week release of Star Wars on
"Friday April 10"
c. A Empire Trailer with no voice over
d. A 2nd Revenge of The Jedi Trailer
e. A ROTJ trailer that starts with the narration "Return To..."
f. The Special Edition Laserdisc contained a slightly different
version of The Star Wars Special Edition Trailer
g. Special Edition Trailer for ESB
h. Special Edition Trailer for ROTJ

4. Return of The Ewok(1983) Hyperspace members can download an edited version of this short film, which was shot during the production of "Return of The Jedi." The full version has yet to be made available

The Star Wars Other Appearances (2 Disc Set)

Star Wars has appeared on television in many forms, this mini-set collects some of the more varied and unusual in addition to a few behind the scenes documentaries and a look at the Star Tours theme park ride. The inclusion of this material maybe prohibited by copyright issues, but I think they belong here. This list partially comes from Star Wars Insiders 23 and 32.

1. Star Wars Goes Commercial (1977 - present) A collection of all the various TV commercials to have used Star Wars characters from product tie-in (books, toys, comics, etc.), to public service announcements. There are to many to list here.

2. Muppet Madness (1979, 1980) one episode of The Muppet Show and two episodes Sesame Street with Star Wars guest stars. NOTE: The Muppet Show apperence is available on DVD seperatly

3. Star Wars Sings (1978) Clips from "The Donny and Marie Show" and "Saturday Night Live" with Star Wars characters

4. The Magic of Myth (1998) - a documentary used in the Smithsonian Exhibit plus it's out takes (1998)

5. Star Tours - A behind the scenes look at the attraction that is apart of all four Disney theme parks

Star Wars Animated Classics - Ewoks (2 Disc Set)

This set covers the 13 episodes of the original Ewoks Animated series. These are the original episodes and not the reedited versions released by Fox Home Video.

Disc One - Includes the episodes
THE CRIES OF THE TREES
THE HUNTED VILLAGE
RAMPAGE OF THE PHLOGS
SUNSTAR VS. SHADOW STONE
TO SAVE DEEJ
THE TRAVELING JINDAS

Disc Two - Includes the episodes
THE TREE OF LIGHT
THE CURSE OF THE JINDAS
THE LAND OF THE GUPIN
WICKET'S WAGON
THE THREE LESSONS
BLUE HARVEST
ASHA

Star Wars Animated Classics - The All New Ewoks (2 Disc Set)

The Ewoks cartoon was transformed into "The All New Ewoks" in 1986, some shows contained two different story arcs. These are the original episodes and not the reedited versions released by Fox Home Video.

Disc One - Includes the episodes
THE CRYSTAL CLOAK / THE WISH PLANT
HOME IS WHERE THE SHRIKES ARE / PRINCESS LATARA
THE RAICH
THE TOTEM MASTER / A GIFT FOR SHODU
THE NIGHT OF THE STRANGER
GONE WITH THE MIMPHS / THE FIRST APPRENTICE
HARD SELL / A WARRIOR AND A LURDO

Disc Two - Includes the episodes
THE SEASON SCEPTER
PROW BEATEN / BAGA'S RIVAL
HORVILLE'S HUT OF HORROR / THE TRAGIC FLUTE
JUST MY LUCK / BRINGING UP NORKY
BATTLE FOR THE SUNSTAR
PARTY EWOK / MALANI THE WARRIOR

Star Wars Animated Classics - Droids (3 Disc Set)

This set covers the Droids Animated series. The show, which ran for only one season, was divided into three parts. Each DVD in this three disc set represents one of the three different story arcs plus a few extras. These are the original episodes and not the reedited versions released by Fox Home Video.

Disc One: The Speeder Racers - Includes the episodes
THE WHITE WITCH
ESCAPE INTO TERROR
THE TRIGON UNLEASHED
A RACE TO THE FINISH

Disc Two: The Prince and The Pirates - Includes the episodes
THE LOST PRINCE
THE NEW KING
THE PIRATES OF TRANOONGA
THE REVENGE OF KYBO REN
COBY AND THE STARHUNTERS

Disc Three: The Adventures of Mungo Baobab - Includes the episodes
THE GREAT HEAP
TAIL OF THE ROON COMETS
THE ROON GAMES
ACROSS THE ROON SEA
THE FROZEN CITADEL

Also included is the half-hour special "The ABC Seek Peak and Fun Fit Test" starring R2D2 and C3PO.

Star Wars DVD-ROM (1 disc)

This bonus DVD-ROM will combine elements from various sources like CD-ROMs and the World Wide Web to give users a faster and clearer presentation of some of the interactive features and videos that Star Wars has produced for the home computer.

1. A combined presentation of material from the CD-ROMS

Making Magic (1996)

Behind The Magic (1998)

Episode I - Insider's Guide (1999)

2. An archive edition of the official Star Wars web site, with a link to exclusive new web based features

Exhaust Port
10-31-2005, 09:07 PM
If this is true then.....well, that'll answer every SW fanboys dream. I hope it happens. :D

Rogue II
10-31-2005, 09:34 PM
Sounds like a prank. Seriously, does anyone really think Lucas would release the Holiday Special or the Original Theatrical Releases?

It would be nice if it were true, but I doubt it.

2-1B
10-31-2005, 10:29 PM
It's a long ways off til April 1st but thanks for the laughs, that was a great read. lol

"5. Samuel L. Jackson's narration for the blind." -- Man, that would be awesome.

Rocketboy
11-01-2005, 09:29 AM
HA HA...good one.
Multiple versions of each film one 1 disc? Isn't that waaaaay too much stuff for each disc?
And why would the Sam Jackson narration only be on TPM?

JimJamBonds
11-01-2005, 09:39 AM
I think this may clear up some of our questions, this is also from that site and is at the top of the page where that 10 disk info is given... :D

All six Star Wars films are now on DVD, but with the exception of Episode III none of the films are available in their original theatrical versions. Now, I respect and understand George Lucas's desire to create a version of the Star Wars Saga that is seamless and fits his creative vision. That is his right as the creator of the series and I am happy to purchase that version and place it on my shelf.

However, for close to thirty years we fans have been witness to various incarnations of The Star Wars Saga as it evolved into its final form. These separate releases have broken box office records, won academy awards, and changed lives. They also deserve to be collected and released on DVD. Not to subvert Mr. Lucas's final incarnation of the series but for both cultural and film history.
What follows are my ideas for a possible future Star Wars DVD releases that would in no way overlap with the current versions available but would serve as supplements that give viewers a chance to explore the nearly thirty years of Star Wars history as it has evolved into its present form.

Work In Progress Editions (10 disc set)
This box set would offer fans a unique chance to look back at the evolution of the series through the "unfinished versions," accessible on DVD through seamless branching technology. Also included are vintage TV, home video, and Internet specials, which offer a one of a kind look at how Star Wars has become the cultural phenomena it is today.

darthvyn
11-01-2005, 11:29 AM
HA HA...good one.
Multiple versions of each film one 1 disc? Isn't that waaaaay too much stuff for each disc?
And why would the Sam Jackson narration only be on TPM?

they did an awesome job of it on T2 and the abyss... i don't see why it couldn't be done... unless they left film imperfections in the older versions, which i doubt they would...

JEDIpartner
11-01-2005, 03:20 PM
It sounds like a completely disasterous release that would probably have a retail value of about $399.99.

I don't care about these films THAT much!

LOL What a bunch of poop!

Deoxyribonucleic
11-01-2005, 04:53 PM
It sounds like a completely disasterous release that would probably have a retail value of about $399.99.

LOL What a bunch of poop!

I like poop, especially for $399.99 :bandit:

Seriously though, IF that ever happens, it'll have to be after George passes on and even then I'm sure he'll leave very specific instructions on what is ever to be released and if said instructions are broken, the "break-ee" shall be vanquished to Bea Arthur's cantina and made to watch "The Holiday Special" for all eternity.

:dead:

JimJamBonds
11-01-2005, 11:48 PM
Ehh most of those things are already 'out' and owned so I don't think I'd blow that much on it.

trandoshan666
11-02-2005, 05:17 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't mind seeing "A New Home." ;)

tagmac
11-03-2005, 07:30 PM
This whole thing sounds about as real as all those wonderful ROTS deleted scenes someone posted a few months back that we never did get.

CanadianPharaoh
11-10-2005, 11:42 PM

Yes you do. You have 6,000 posts on this board.

CaptainSolo1138
11-11-2005, 12:53 PM
Yes you do. You have 6,000 posts on this board.
OOOH! You got served, JP!:rolleyes:

But not THAT bad.:D

JEDIpartner
11-14-2005, 01:45 PM
"Free time" versus "cash" is a BIG DIFFERENCE. That sort of cash can buy a lot of groceries, help fix something in the house, help pay for a vacation... like I said, for $399.99 "I don't care about these films THAT much!" Basically, there's more to my money than "Star Wars" spending...

So, really, I didn't "get served". :rolleyes:

CaptainSolo1138
11-14-2005, 02:30 PM
So, really, I didn't "get served". :rolleyes:
*PSST* I was joking;)