PDA

View Full Version : The Unofficial Ultimate Star Wars DVD collection

Rocketboy
11-01-2005, 08:34 PM
No, not that fan-made pseudo-list in the OT thread. :D
I tried making a list of all possible Star Wars DVDs, offical and unoffical, for an unoffical ultimate Star Wars DVD collection.
Did I miss anything?

Prequel Trilogy
Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Original Trilogy
Original Trilogy - official set (with Bonus disc)
Original Trilogy (Bootlegs)
Special Edition Trilogy (Bootlegs)

Animated
Star Wars: Clone Wars Volume 1
Star Wars: Clone Wars Volume 2
Star Wars: Droids
Star Wars: Ewoks

Various
The Story of Star Wars (Wal-Mart Episode III exclusive)
Star Wars: A Musical Journey (Episode III Soundtrack bonus DVD)
Star Wars Holiday Special (Bootleg)
R2-D2: Beneath the Dome
Ewoks: The Battle for Endor/Caravan of Courage
The Best of The Muppet Show Volume 2 (with Mark Hamil)
Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Edit (bootleg)
Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Edit (bootleg)

Documentaries
Starwoids
Star Wait (Target exclusive)
The Best of Triumph, The Insult Comic Dog
A Galaxy Far Far Away
The Stars of Star Wars
Star Wars vs. Star Trek

Parodies
Spaceballs/Spaceballs: Special Edition
Troops
George Lucas in Love
Hardware Wars
Thumb Wars
A Lost Hope

LTBasker
11-02-2005, 12:06 AM
Parodies
Spaceballs/Spaceballs: Special Edition
Troops
George Lucas in Love
Hardware Wars
Thumb Wars

You forgot A Lost Hope, I believe they offer the DVD on their site. It even has a deleted scene. :D

JimJamBonds
11-02-2005, 12:13 AM
I'm sure "Revenge of the Edit" will be coming soon also. :D

2-1B
11-02-2005, 02:25 AM
Rocky, I also own 3 more DVD documentaries called A Galaxy Far Far Away, The Stars of Star Wars, and Star Wars vs. Star Trek. :)

Rocketboy
11-02-2005, 02:50 PM
Updated the list. Thanks.

You forgot A Lost Hope, I believe they offer the DVD on their site. It even has a deleted scene.Oh yeah. I keep forgetting that...thing even exists. :D

Rocky, I also own 3 more DVD documentaries called A Galaxy Far Far Away, The Stars of Star Wars, and Star Wars vs. Star Trek.Forgot about The Stars of Star Wars. Never heard of the other two though. Are any of those 3 any good?

Rogue II
11-02-2005, 10:30 PM
You need to add "Wierd" Al Yankovic's The Saga Begins and Yoda videos.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-02-2005, 10:59 PM
There's also The Simpsons Bart Wars, which is not a true parody but worth mentioning.

What are The Phantom Edit and Attack of the Edit? Where are they?

2-1B
11-02-2005, 11:21 PM
Why bother with The Phantom Edit and Attack of the Edit on a list such as this ? :confused:

Just about anybody can put together his or her own cut of the movies, are you going to include a million different possible bootlegs from the rest of us as well ? :confused:

Rock - A Galaxy Far Far Away is a fun watch. The way I remember, it's very much like Starwoids.
"Vs. Trek" is decent too, just a bunch of celeb footage and maybe some fan stuff, I don't really remember (it's been a few years :D ). The package tries to hype it up as pitting one franchise vs. another but the content isn't like that at all.

And I know it's not SW but can we include Trekkies and Trekkies 2 on this list, just because they're so awesome ? :crazed:

Rocketboy
11-03-2005, 09:54 AM
There's also The Simpsons Bart Wars, which is not a true parody but worth mentioning.

What are The Phantom Edit and Attack of the Edit? Where are they?I included the Triumph DVD also, and I'd Bart Wars is more Star Wars related than that.
The edits are a fan made re-edits. The TPM one caused a lot of controversy wehn it was released and Lucasfilm got pretty ticked. The guy basically cut out/down most of the Jar Jar scenes or scenes he didn't like.

Why bother with The Phantom Edit and Attack of the Edit on a list such as this ?I only included The Phantom Edit because of all the controversy around it. Attack of the Edit didn't really cause that much of a stir though, but I put it on anyway.

And I know it's not SW but can we include Trekkies and Trekkies 2 on this list, just because they're so awesome ?OH F@#! NO!
I caught some of the first one on cable a week or two ago. 99% of those people were truly sad.
"I'll dress my cat up as a character!"
"I'll go to work dressed up like a character!"
"We have a Star Trek party every year. This year we even had a girl attend!"
YAY STEREOTYPES!

:D

Bel-Cam Jos
11-11-2005, 12:31 PM
No, not that fan-made pseudo-list in the OT thread. :D
I tried making a list of all possible Star Wars DVDs, offical and unoffical, for an unoffical ultimate Star Wars DVD collection.
Did I miss anything?

Prequel Trilogy

Original Trilogy

Animated

Various

Documentaries

Parodies

I read this thread the wrong way, and was going to list music (don't ask me why), CD-ROMs, and VHS. There are some of those that haven't been made into DVD yet, but as I have decided to post my confusion rather than just ignore it, I will go now... :confused: