PDA

View Full Version : episode 2 fanscript

Daz
11-02-2005, 02:12 PM
Apeing the bearded one I've started in the middle of the prequel trilogy though unlike the bearded one I do actually have a clear idea of what comes before beyond "he turns evil and aquires a fetish for leather" it just so happened that when I brain stormed the material that spilled out was best suited for the middle part of the trilogy. Rest assured however I will get around to it eventually in the meantime I will post what I have up in installments and please if you guys have any suggestions feel free to weigh in.

STAR WARS

EPISODE II:

THE CLONE WARS

KEY

[ ] = Description of setting i.e. Planet, building

< > = Character actions

{ } = Specific camera moves

* * = Where Iíve taken ideas in part or wholesale from other
sourceís e.g. the clone wars cartoon, and the real films .
themselveís because as much as I hate to admit it not all
Georgeís ideas were crap.

INT = Internal shot

EXT = External shot

//--// = cut

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away . . . .

[ SPACE The boundless heavens serve as a backdrop for the main title, followed by a roll up, which crawls into infinity.]

CLONE WARS!

It is a turbulent time for the Republic
separatist forces striking from a hidden baseís
have stretched the Republic to breaking point.

The chancellor has dispatched Jedi Knights Obi Wan Kenobi
and his apprentice Anakin Skywalker to the forest moon of Baal to find
the location of this hidden
base.

Meanwhile on Coruscant the seat of the
Galactic senate the Jedi have a decision to make
one that will effect both their and the entire galaxies future the
issue of the clones.

[pan down to reveal the lush green forest moon of Baal two swift star fighters fly past the screen from below they bear the markís of the Jedi order on their hull]

INT. JEDI STARFIGHTER -- COCKPIT

OBI-WAN

We will be observing radio silence from here on in so Anakin no fancy flying we must remain undetected remember , oh and do check your landing vector this time we donít want a repeat of the Ordell incident.

// ------- //

INT. JEDI STARFIGHTER -- COCKPIT

ANAKIN

<Laughing> Hey that wasnít my fault master I had no idea krillion strangling vines were indigenous to that planet, but understood.

// ----- //

EXT. JEDI STARFIGHTERS

OBI Ė WAN

Ok so engaging radio silence. . . . . . . now

EXT. JEDI STARFIGHTERS

[The two starfighterís now more or less in orbit enter the atmosphere on the far side of the planet from the installation and approach on a stealth trajectory]

// ----- //

EXT. A CLEARING IN THE JUNGLE

{An aerial shot slowly descending of the two Jedi emerging from their ships}

[Anakinís ship lies on lower ground then Obi-Wans a little stream runs close by]

OBI-WAN

<Rooting something out of his ships supplies compartment he eyes the positioning of Anakins ship and itís proximity to the stream>
You sure you want to leave your ship there ? <gesturing to the stream>

ANAKIN

< Also rooting equipment out of his compartment he looks down dismissively at the little stream> It will be fine.

OBI-WAN

Alright then lets get moving.

< the two Jedi stride off into the jungle>
{The camera stays low and stationary as we see the two figure enter the thick jungle}

// -----//

EXT. CORUSCANT

{ The camera flies through the concrete jungle that is Coruscant flitting between buildings and traffic on its way to its destination the chancellors chamber window. Reaching them we see chancellor Palpatine standing at the window smiling serenely , due to the reflection we canít see much more until the camera zooms through the window and we see and hear a heated meeting is taking place.}

INT. CHANCELLORS CHAMBERS

GENERIC ALIEN SENATOR NO. 1

Chancellor <imploringly > we must receive more troops weíve already lost many of our outer colonies to the separatists cause and I fear Talos is next, please if Tal. . . . . . <interrupted>

GENERIC ALIEN SENATOR NO. 2

Talos is lost it will be of little consequence to the Republic if the separatists want that useless sand trap of a planet I say let them have it,<gets a dirty look from generic alien senator 1> that way resources can be used to protect planets that actually contribute to the Republic like Corridan my own planet whoís contribution is . . . . . .

CHANCELLOR PALPATINE

. . . . .Admirable my dear senator Tobruk<turning around to face them> but it does not change the fact that our resources are stretched too thin as it is, Iím afraid until the clone issue is resolved you will have to make do with what you have.

GENERIC ALIEN SENATOR NO.1

Yes the clones. If the separatists forces were breathing down those rebel senators and their Jedi backerís necks would they be so quick to veto the new batch of clones.

< On this the senators both agree on>

CHANCELLOR PALPATINE

<Smiling to himself > Yes well until they all come to their senses Iím afraid politically my hands are tied, now gentlemen if you will excuse me I have other matters to attend to.

// ----- //

EXT. JUNGLE

[ As the two Jedi trek through the jungle there discussion also turns to politics]

ANAKIN

Why is the council so opposed to releasing the next batch of clone troops master I just donít understand I mean if were ever going to win this war surely we need them.

OBI-WAN

Itís complicated Anakin, you see the Jedi have been guardians of peace and justice in the Republic for thousands of years weíve resolved conflict with diplomacy where others would use war. . . . . . .

ANAKIN

Are you saying you think there could be a diplomatic solution to this ?

OBI-WAN

No. . . no Iím afraid things have progressed a bit to far for that, too many people have too much to loose ,(i.e future imperial contractors like Kuat) but my point is with a vast, mobile and obedient clone army I and the council fear that force of arms will become first preferance in resolving any future conflict. . . . . . . . oh and on a personal note I just donít like them.

ANAKIN

How come ?

OBI-WAN

Yes of course you havenít worked with them yet have you ?

ANAKIN

No not yet.

OBI-WAN

Well you would understand if you had, I once worked with a squad of them on Pilosia they were fine warriors to be sure but . . . . . . there was something about the ruthless and cold manner they went about there business that I just found unsettling.

ANAKIN

But surely we need a person someone who can follow orders during war time.

OBI-WAN

Yes but what about when the war ends Anakin what will the chancellor do with his grand clone army then ? send them back to their families . . . they donít have any, they were built for war and that is I fear what the chancellor will use them for.

ANAKIN

Youíre too cynical master the chancellor is a good man.

OBI-WAN

And your naive

ANAKIN

Iím just sayin . . . . .

[a flock of predatorial birds in the jungle canopy begins to squawk disturbed by something or someone]

OBI-WAN

<gestures to Anakin to shut up, he closes his eyes stretching out with the force. . . . . . . unable to sense anything concrete he indicates to Anakin that that they should continue on in silence>
[a light rain begins to fall]

// ----- //

END OF PART ONE

THE CHANGES

The main title
"The Clone Wars" simple understated and accurate and not in the least way cheesy.

The Issue of the clones

The clone wars will have kicked of at the end of episode one

In the films it was implied that the Republic had no standing army I alway found this hard to swallow considering its size so in my version it does have one if not a very big one this is supplemented by a batch of clones at the wars outset, but by Episode 2 is being stretched to breaking point.

The Jedi along with a number of rebel senators such as Bail Organa have blocked the passage of a bill releasing any more Clones from passing through the senate and calling for a more diplomatic solution , this has made them some powerful enemies.