PDA

View Full Version : This may've already been pointed out but...

anti-hero
11-02-2005, 10:54 PM
I rarely notice these in SW films but I thought this mistake was so glaring that it might be fun to point it out...

In the final duel when it cuts back to Ani and Obi in the "war room" that he killed the seperatists in and only Obi has a saber...the saber switches from Obi's to Ani's. The only shot that has Obi's is the one with a close up of the hilt. I'm guessing they cut a large part of the duel since Ani has no saber and it looks like Obi (before the movie was cut) was using it.

Discuss!

2-1B
11-02-2005, 11:16 PM
That's pretty much what happened. They never bothered to swap out the hilts in post.

shammykenobi
11-03-2005, 08:47 AM
I noticed that too...sometimes I think george just throws stuff like this in to mix it up a little bit...I like doing that too....I'm a loose collector and I make dioramas and stuff and i'll put the wrong gun or the wrong colored lightsaber with someone just to keep it interesting...I'll use stormtroopers where there should be clones and vice versa...sometimes put the wrong ships fighting....for some reason it kinda tickles my fancy to do this....

sjd9299
11-03-2005, 10:18 PM
I just watched it with the comentary on and that is what happend. The original scene was much longer. It showed how they ended up on the table and at one point Obi had both lightsabers. That is why we see Anakin's in his hand. They do not mention why it was not fixed though.