PDA

View Full Version : Target Exclusive Shadow Trooper to be released on November 20th!

jedi master sal
11-03-2005, 10:05 AM
I just got the news from a VERY reliable source that the exclusive Shadow Troopers are shipping to stores (some stores already ahve them in stock), but with a strict release date of November 20th.

Of course that's not to say you can't ask employees to look it up by the DCPI number and see if they'll get it for you. (Good Luck there.)

At the least you now have a solid release date to look out for this figure.

If in the event this news does not pan out, please do not shoot the messenger. I'm only passing it along, but am fully confident that it is correct.

[EDIT] BTW, this was cross confirmed by another site I'm on staff for (not RS of GH). I realize SSG wants proof and confirmation, so I sent steve and JT my info in hopes they would post it. I'd like to see SSG get the scoop before RS of GH [End Edit]
-Sal
P.S. It's a Sunday! So all of us M-F, 9-5 working shlums actually have a shot at getting this.

sith_killer_99
11-03-2005, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the info JMS. I have hit all my local Target's (or is that just plain ol' Target without the 's?!?! Or is that supposed to be Targets' ?!?!) and checked them to see if they had any in the stockroom. Unfortunatly none have hit my area.:(

I do know one Target that has been especially helpful with pulling exclusives so I will most likely get mine from them. Now that I have a time table I can adjust fire accordingly.:D

SirSteve
11-03-2005, 12:27 PM
I just got the news from a VERY reliable source that the exclusive Shadow Troopers are shipping to stores (some stores already ahve them in stock), but with a strict release date of November 20th.

Of course that's not to say you can't ask employees to look it up by the DCPI number and see if they'll get it for you. (Good Luck there.)

At the least you now have a solid release date to look out for this figure.

If in the event this news does not pan out, please do not shoot the messenger. I'm only passing it along, but am fully confident that it is correct.

[EDIT] BTW, this was cross confirmed by another site I'm on staff for (not RS of GH). I realize SSG wants proof and confirmation, so I sent steve and JT my info in hopes they would post it. I'd like to see SSG get the scoop before RS of GH [End Edit]
-Sal
P.S. It's a Sunday! So all of us M-F, 9-5 working shlums actually have a shot at getting this.

I haven't received anything regarding this... please PM me as I am very interested in hearing what you have to say.

Thanks.

rich_of_the_dead
11-03-2005, 12:43 PM
my local target put them out on the 1st with the dvds of course the peg had an electronics lock on it and a policy of 2 per customer limit so i got 2 and my brother took 2 we asked the store mgr and he said they had a street date of nov 20th but it will help boost sales,i said oh ok then he said what is lucas gonna do? stop sending us figures? oh big deal.so i hapily took my figures and let so your right they are out there

kool-aid killer
11-03-2005, 12:52 PM
Good news: there appears to be an exact date for these things to hit. Bad news: everyone and their momma knows now.

jedi master sal
11-03-2005, 01:29 PM
I haven't received anything regarding this... please PM me as I am very interested in hearing what you have to say.

Thanks.

PM sent.
-Sal

mtriv73
11-03-2005, 03:35 PM
I just picked up 4 of these (2 for me, 2 for another collector friend) at the Target in Frederick, MD. Target, as a whole, must not be very consistent on their limit policies or street dates. Unfortunately, this is only going to make this exclusive another pain in the rump to find for most people.

trandoshan666
11-03-2005, 05:40 PM
Now I can start punching in DCPI codes again! Seriously, thanks for the info. It's greatly appreciated. It's also nice to see a weekend release date.

dashrender
11-03-2005, 06:22 PM
Hip Hip Horray.. I was wondering how much longer I would have to wait. and Now I know it's not long..

Blackened88
11-03-2005, 07:02 PM
Didn't have em at my Target oh well. :(

dashrender
11-03-2005, 07:22 PM
Yeah, I called all of my local target's and they all claim to not have them yet.

ANEEL
11-03-2005, 07:34 PM
La Got These, Got Mine Today-----------------

Slicker
11-03-2005, 10:25 PM
At least they're giving us time in between these exclusives. I just got the TRU Emperor and the Lava figs at Target so they gave me about a month between each one.

steeltormentor69
11-04-2005, 06:06 AM
SO.... what is the DCPI number on this one?

bkeddinger
11-04-2005, 08:07 AM
Yesterday, spawned by ebay sellers with these figures "in hand", I ventured to my local Target to try my luck. The DCPI indicated that these bad boys were available in the stock room but not yet assigned to an aisle. I asked an employee is she could bring these out and she had no problem with the request. A few minutes later she showed up with the case and sliced it open for me. I picked up 3, one for me, one for my son, and one for a fellow collector. My son tore his open immediately and it is indeed a very nice figure. Good Luck.

DCPI: 087-06-0516

I'm all caught up, and am now waiting for the separation of the twins and the animated clone wars sets both coming from Wal-Mart. :D

Val Da Car
11-04-2005, 09:30 AM
Devil's adovacate statement:

Will that leave any for anyone else on Sun 11/20 when they are in the advertisement?

dashrender
11-04-2005, 09:48 AM
I could be wrong, but I don't recall them being in the ad for the Lava Vader and Obi.

jedi master sal
11-04-2005, 10:47 AM
Devil's adovacate statement:

Will that leave any for anyone else on Sun 11/20 when they are in the advertisement?

That's the only thing I was afraid of when I posted this. But I figured it's better to give the collector a fighting chance to get this as well. (Just trying to be a helpful and not selfish collector.)
We all know that scalpers for the most part check everyday. At least armed with this info, you know to check NOW for the fig and NOT wait until the 20th.

Heck, I even posted this before getting any of this fig for myself. I still don't have it and am hoping for some SSGer out there to hook me up.

-Sal

evenflow
11-05-2005, 11:20 AM
I am going to hit up atarget this week, maybe i will get lucky like i did with the lava figures.

trandoshan666
11-06-2005, 12:18 AM
Got mine Saturday night it's definitely going to start arriving everywhere soon. Overall, I think it's a nice figure.

sith_killer_99
11-06-2005, 10:13 AM
Yeah, I got mine yesterday as well. I had to go to the customer service desk to ask for them. The DCPI code said they were in the stockroom, but came up with N/A for store (asile) location. The employees were very helpful and the cashier was really cute! ;) :D

MajikNinja
11-07-2005, 07:58 AM
i'm gonna give this a try tonight... i hope they have them, because exclusives get picked up quick by people in local collection stores who wait at the door and know every release date. i know this because i asked them. one guy said he had 3 of his friends go to different targers to get as many Lava Vaders and Super Articulated Troopers that they can... now they have a **** load and are selling them @ close to $60 last time i checked. so don't worry, i will only buy one.

P.S. just one question.. was this trooper actually in the movie?

Lazer Brain
11-07-2005, 09:09 AM
i got mine this weekend too, i got 3 , one to open ,one to keep and one to trade.
later

AmanaMatt
11-07-2005, 09:54 AM
So much for the 11/20 shelf date; the Target near me had one case of the new Clone trooper out....between this and the online exclusive version I got this week, I do like the Target one design more.

trandoshan666
11-07-2005, 05:45 PM
between this and the online exclusive version I got this week, I do like the Target one design more.

I was going to say exactly the same thing on another thread. Looking at it online, I thought the SWshop exclusive looked better, but after seeing them both in person, I think the Target exclusive's paint job is far superior to the the other. It's actually a pretty cool figure and will get gobbled up accordingly.

CrunchyNug
11-07-2005, 06:03 PM
Gobble Gobble is right...and just in time for Thanksgiving too. Out here in L.A. people are buying these by the case!!! There have been several instances where stockers are bringing them out from the back and people are just walking up to the register with the entire case.

TheDarthVader
11-07-2005, 06:13 PM
I am going to check my Target soon. If they have them, I am going to buy at least two.

B.
TDV

ANEEL
11-07-2005, 07:09 PM
I have a extra-----if anyone here as a extra covert ops clone-----lets do a trade-----

sith_killer_99
11-07-2005, 07:15 PM
Yeah me too me too.:D

DarkArtist
11-07-2005, 09:26 PM
just picked up two tonight in the target in westfield NJ. The shelves had about 50 or more falling off the pegs next to lava refelection anakin and obi wan.

jedi master sal
11-08-2005, 09:23 AM
I was able to get mine last night.

Anyone else realize that this is the exact same paint scheme as the regular Utapau Trooper, just with Black/Grey intead of White/Orange?

MAN, I wish they comne out with THAT trooper!!!

If the reports are true about the figs for next year, we're STILL going to be without movie accurate clones!

We MUST have the following before all is said and done:
Utapau (Orange/White)
Utapau officer (Beehive type helmet)
Cody (Thank gawd he's at least planned for)
Kashyyyk Camo-Scout clone
Galactic Marine (Bacara's snow-clones)

Then, I'd also like to see:
a correctly painted AT-RT driver. Look close at the movie and you'll see that the one we got was indeed painted wrongly
Correctly painted GREE!
Commander Neyo (Correct Barc Speeder driver-similer to the first Target clone but with a different helmet and shoulder armor with straps)

I think I'd be happy then with clones and could finally call it a day on them.

I do like this "shadow" clone though.

Darth Cruel
11-08-2005, 09:54 AM
I have two Targets near me. I collector buddy told me he used this code last night at on of them and was treated very rudely. They acted as thought the code was supposed to be a big secret. I called the other one (again, last night) and gave them the code. They told me they had lots of them in stock. When I asked if someone would get them out for me if I went to the store, they said yes. And when I got there, they were only too happy to help me out. They even had me call my buddy and helped him out as well. Then they took the rest of the case and stocked it. Very kind of them. I hope they have as many of these as they do the Lave Obis and Anakins.

DarthQuack
11-08-2005, 10:33 AM
Yesterday, spawned by ebay sellers with these figures "in hand", I ventured to my local Target to try my luck. The DCPI indicated that these bad boys were available in the stock room but not yet assigned to an aisle. I asked an employee is she could bring these out and she had no problem with the request. A few minutes later she showed up with the case and sliced it open for me. I picked up 3, one for me, one for my son, and one for a fellow collector. My son tore his open immediately and it is indeed a very nice figure. Good Luck.

DCPI: 087-06-0516

I'm all caught up, and am now waiting for the separation of the twins and the animated clone wars sets both coming from Wal-Mart. :D

Sorry, don't wanna like a dope...but what can you do with the DCPI? Can I just call the store and ask them to check that code to see if it's in stock already? Sorry for a "newb" question lol:D

sith_killer_99
11-08-2005, 10:47 AM
DC, the same thing has happened to a few other collectors here. Some Target stores seem to hold these numbers as sacred or something.

The next time that happens just tell the employee that you got the number off the tag at another Target. They print the freaking DCPI #'s on the price tags on the shelves.:yes:

That ought to shut them up. LOL:thumbsup:

ace2005
11-09-2005, 04:54 PM
These Exclusive Shadow Troopers are all over the Houston, Texas area instock, but with that weird message no location assigned, guess its because its for the 20th, but if you ask you are most likely to score...anyhow none of these are actually on the shelves by targets own doing, but if you inquire it won't be for not.

Good Luck,

:bandit:

MajikNinja
11-09-2005, 05:06 PM
i went to one of my local targets 2 nights ago... i gave them the dcip # and they said that an older looking man came in earlier that day and bought all 3 boxes that they had in the stock room. I have yet to go to the others... i'd rather call them.

trandoshan666
11-09-2005, 06:15 PM
They sold three cases to one person? In one store visit? Man, that's ridiculous.

spang2005
11-09-2005, 06:23 PM
I had a friend who found one of these early and hooked me up. It's a pretty nice clone, but I would rather have the orange/white version. If you'll notice too, this is the 2nd clone that's used this paint scheme since one of the three packs had the same deco just in green. I wish they would just do it right, but I still plan on checking Target early in the morning on the 20th in the hopes of finding another one of these to open.

spang2005
11-09-2005, 06:28 PM
They sold three cases to one person? In one store visit? Man, that's ridiculous.

There's an auction on ebay for a bunch of cases of this figure, as was the case (no pun intended) with the first exclusive clone. It's a shame.

Blackened88
11-09-2005, 07:09 PM
Found them tonight, DPCI # thing. I think I like these more then the Covert Ops Clone also.

2-1B
11-09-2005, 07:36 PM
I saw one of these last night and passed, not a very interesting piece.

sith_killer_99
11-09-2005, 08:44 PM
I saw one of these last night and passed, not a very interesting piece.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Like, I think you are the first person who has said that after seeing this thing close up.

You must have found one that someone traded out with a #6 plain white "quick draw" action Clone.:yes:

LOL

JK

Seriously, I really like this Clone it is one of my favorites. Sure $12.99 is pretty steep, but this guy is way better than any of the other "exclusive" figures from ROTS....IMHO.:thumbsup:

Turbowars
11-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Nah Killer, Caesar just wants to be different.;)

Man, some guy in my area on RS was able to buy 8 of these for 4.79 a pop. I wish all cashiers didn't care like the one he had.:p

2-1B
11-09-2005, 09:33 PM
No, I think it's a dumb figure and I wouldn't spend a dime on it. I don't buy EU.

Turbowars
11-09-2005, 09:38 PM
They aren't EU. The Shadow Troopers were in all the night scenes.:yes:

2-1B
11-09-2005, 10:15 PM
What do you mean, on Utapau or Kashyyk ?

Turbowars
11-09-2005, 10:38 PM
What do you mean, on Utapau or Kashyyk ? They were everywhere, but you just couldn't see them. They kind of have a stealth mode.;)

Do you want to buy them now since they were in the film?:yes:

2-1B
11-09-2005, 10:42 PM
I thought you were being smug Turbs, but I thought no, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I should have known better. :D

Anyway, I'm still not dropping 12.99 on this thing. lol

Turbowars
11-09-2005, 10:49 PM
ME, SMUG, NAH. Not good old Turbo.:razz: You know I do like this figure, but I was thinking the other day,(not like this is new news to anyone) it wouldn't be such a hot ticket item if it wasn't a $13 exclusive and the scalpers wouldn't even be bothering. I would have rather had the shock trooper be an exclusive. I less of those that the Shadows.

Kill Solo
11-09-2005, 11:58 PM
So on Monday I decide I was going to find myself some Shadow Troopers. The first TArget I visit is sold out of the Shadow Trooper, bummer. I get customer service to run the DPCI number for other Targets that show they have it in stock. I get a list of about 7-8 Targets. I choose the 3rd closest one (I have my reasons) from where I was. I get to that TArget and make a bee line to the Star Wars section. They have a endcap full of the Lava figures, Coruscant Bpacks, and Plo fighters, no Shadows to be seen. I notice a dude in electronics just chilling behind the counter and ask him if he could check to see if they had a item in stock. He asks me for the number and I spit it out from memory. He checks for like 3 minutes on the little computer, prints out a little slip, and says he will be right back. 10 minutes of waiting he appears out of nowhere spinning a box and smiling. He busts open the box, takes a look and asks me how many did I want. I said can I have the case? He says I can't because it's a Target exclusive, blah, blah, blah. I said cool, can I have 4? He says cool, I thank him profusely and I'm out. I got 2 for myself, and 2 for my collecting buddy in Baton Rouge. As soon as I step outside I call my buddy in BR and tell him I hooked him up. He says awesome. Later that day I get a text/picture message from my buddy, it's a picture of a case of Shadow troopers on his trunk. The little bastard, on my tip, at lunch, takes off to Target and gets himself a case. What's the point of this story? My friend is a jackass that always has to one up me, but he can't one up without my help. Wow this was a lot longer than I thought it would be. LOL.

Turbowars
11-10-2005, 12:03 AM
LOL, yeah I think we all have a friend or 2 that pulls that sort of thing on us. Now you guys can both have 6 each, a perfect squad.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-10-2005, 12:04 PM
I've checked a Target near me but they just flat out won't put them on the shelf until the street date. I had my wife try since she's way easier on the eyes than me and she had no luck as well. They mentioned getting fined if they were sold before the street date. Do you guys buy this cause I think the CS rep was blowing smoke (either in or out, either way)?

dashrender
11-10-2005, 02:10 PM
The guy at my target told me there was no street date on the box, so he let me have some. I know of at least 2 others here in Omaha that have managed to pick them up as well.

TheDarthVader
11-10-2005, 04:58 PM
I told the target guy the number, and he went to the back and got me the requested two figures. I was happy to get this guy and not to have to worry about a shortage.

B.
TDV

jedi master sal
11-10-2005, 05:23 PM
I've checked a Target near me but they just flat out won't put them on the shelf until the street date. I had my wife try since she's way easier on the eyes than me and she had no luck as well. They mentioned getting fined if they were sold before the street date. Do you guys buy this cause I think the CS rep was blowing smoke (either in or out, either way)?

It's a bunch of crap MC. As you can plainly se buy the number of people posting here as well as our VARIED locations, there is not secrue street date for these. The one I mentioned at first is what the "official" date is, but there are NO fine for releasing this figure early as it's not a tie-in with anything and they are NOT competing with other retailers for the business for this.

GO GET YOUR FIGURES MAN!

-Sal

Scackmgack
11-10-2005, 06:49 PM
My Target had 22 figures listed in the computer under the DCPI, but they had no store location and no stock room location for them. So, the customer service woman, who was very nice, called the Manager over, and he explained that the release date was November 20th and that they probably didn't even have them in the store.

He tried to explain to me that the computer saying they had 22 items available meant that they had ordered 22 of them, but they weren't actually in the store because there was no stock room location or floor location. Unfortunately, the manager I know wasn't working tonight, so that was about as far as I could take it.

I think I got bull****ted. If they come 12 to a case, how can they have 22? Either these are short cases, which is possible, or some have been sold already.

I've heard from a fellow collector in the area that there is someone who works at this Target who scalps Star Wars stuff, so perhaps it is an inside job.

In either case, I hate exclusives, and I continue to hate Hasblow production and distribution. First I didn't get any Shock Troopers, and probably never will (and the shelves are full of Super Articulated Clone Troopers, which really burns me - STOP MAKING THESE! WE HAVE THEM ALREADY!), and now I am sure I am going to miss out on these, too.

The best I can do is stop in again, see if the manager I know is working, and see what she says. If that doesn't work, I can call when they open at 8 and see if they will put the ones I want on hold for me, like the manager I spoke to tonight said, or just show up in person and pray they are actually there.

Where did things go so wrong that I let myself care this much about bloody hunks of plastic... *sigh*

It almost makes you wish something traumatic would happen to the world so our priorites would be forced into proper alignment.

Scackmgack
11-10-2005, 06:59 PM
By the way, can someone with an open fig take some better pictures than the two lame ones in the Collector Database and post them up so we can see them?

Thanks, if you can.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-10-2005, 07:33 PM
It's a bunch of crap MC. As you can plainly se buy the number of people posting here as well as our VARIED locations, there is not secrue street date for these. The one I mentioned at first is what the "official" date is, but there are NO fine for releasing this figure early as it's not a tie-in with anything and they are NOT competing with other retailers for the business for this.

GO GET YOUR FIGURES MAN!

-Sal

That's what I was telling myself the whole time I was given that line and when my wife repeated what was told to her. It's not a new line, like EP1 or POTJ, just an internal thing with Target. But what are you going to do? If you argue then you're a jerk and will get no help. If you try to explain rationally and nicely then it's hit and miss depending on the personality of the employee. They could either be a 'screw it and do it' person or a tow-the-line-follow-every-order-to-a-T peon.

This wouldn't bug me normally but I know individuals who were able to get items in other local Targets. Now it's hard to duplicate what they did at those stores either because they bought the inventory or the 11/20 date memo was finally circulated and the teat's gone dry til then. As a rule I don't shop on Sundays and am not optimistic about finding one seeing how the first clone exclusive went.

I would seriously laugh my A off if this turned out to be a black friday special after all and there were none left before the store even opened. :crazed:

kingyeti
11-10-2005, 08:28 PM
called my target tonight and gave them the DCPI. Finally they have arrived! the guy tells me they cant release them until the 20th. this is after he spent 10 min looking in the back and finds them. i tell him i'm a collector and i've read alot of targets had already put them out and some wont. so does this mean i cant buy any? i'll have to wait? he says,How many do you want? i say two.he says,I'll put it up at guest services on 24hr hold,come get em. I'll have to say, these figures are very impressive. worth the wait worth the price.

Turbowars
11-10-2005, 08:42 PM
That's what I was telling myself the whole time I was given that line and when my wife repeated what was told to her. It's not a new line, like EP1 or POTJ, just an internal thing with Target. But what are you going to do? If you argue then you're a jerk and will get no help. If you try to explain rationally and nicely then it's hit and miss depending on the personality of the employee. They could either be a 'screw it and do it' person or a tow-the-line-follow-every-order-to-a-T peon.

This wouldn't bug me normally but I know individuals who were able to get items in other local Targets. Now it's hard to duplicate what they did at those stores either because they bought the inventory or the 11/20 date memo was finally circulated and the teat's gone dry til then. As a rule I don't shop on Sundays and am not optimistic about finding one seeing how the first clone exclusive went.

I would seriously laugh my A off if this turned out to be a black friday special after all and there were none left before the store even opened. :crazed:Why don't you shop on Sundays?

MajikNinja
11-10-2005, 09:29 PM
i got 2 today at a distant target... all the ones in my area were warned not to sell them before the 20th because of the dumbasses who let a guy walk away with 3 cases at the one store. and that because of high demand they are only 1 per person. anyway... this store i went to had one case left... they said all the rest were given randomly to people who asked for them just like me... but me and my friend got 2 each. I know this probably ****es someone off because of the release date... but i really don't care... all i have to say is first come first serve... and for those who don't like that... drop the pride, stop crying and give it a try yourself... it's not hard.:whip: :thumbsup:

vulcantouch
11-10-2005, 11:30 PM
-not that it solves your mystery, but i think they're actually like 8 to a case. how do i know? 4 out of 5 targs i hit 2day had them, and brought out cases for me to go thru & pick out nice paint jobs: one for my tokyo pal (they don't have targ in jpn), 1 for local pal (in case he can't find one) and 1 for me (maybe- gonna take my time deciding whether i'll keep it). anyhoo i bagged a total of five so relax all, i'll have at least 2 and as many as four xtra- all w/above-average paintjobs- in case anyone here just can't find em over the next 2-3 months, yours for cost + ship :) or, if anyone ends up w/1 or 2 xtra covert ops (pkg condition unimportant) & wants to trade 1 for 1 lmk- i think i'd like that paintjob better than shadow, & it'd save me the trouble of dealing w/sta-wa-shop.com :crazed:
i've confirmed that bodysculpt is same as cw sa clone, but does anyone know if the same is true of cov-ops sculpt? lmk plz :)
vt

Joshkj
11-11-2005, 12:14 AM
Nabbed a whole case, and there was only one when they were starting to fill the shelves last night, so i know now there is someone on the inside taking the rest, thats y I havent found anything. If anyone needs one Email me at Joshkj@gmail.com

Kill Solo
11-11-2005, 01:24 AM
-not that it solves your mystery, but actually i think they're like 8 to a case. how do i know? 4 out of 5 targs i hit 2day had them, and brought out cases for me to go thru & pick out nice paint jobs: one for my tokyo pal (they don't have targ in jpn), 1 for local pal (in case he can't find one) and 1 for me (maybe- gonna take my time deciding whether i'll keep it). anyhoo i bagged a total of five so relax all, i'll have at least 2 and as many as four xtra- all w/above-average paintjobs- in case anyone here just can't find em over the next 2-3 months, yours for cost + ship :) or, if anyone ends up w/1 or 2 xtra covert ops (pkg condition unimportant) & wants to trade 1 for 1 lmk- i think i'd like that paintjob better than shadow, & it'd save me the trouble of dealing w/sta-wa-shop.com :crazed:
i've confirmed that bodysculpt is same as cw sa clone, but does anyone know if the same is true of cov-ops sculpt? lmk plz :)
vt

The covert ops is basically just a repaint of the #41 SA Clone from the ROTS line. It even has the slit in it's back for the antennae, but the antennae is not included.

vulcantouch
11-11-2005, 09:11 AM
damn damn Damn :frus: i was really hoping it was the cwsa/utapau sculpt, as i wanted to use it to replace both my cw sa and my earlier targ-xclusive clone (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=29708) cuz their predominantly-white paintjobs are too boring for me (and i already have a great all-white troop: my commtech sandy (http://r2toyforce.net/IMAGES/customtroopervt2003_7words.jpg) :) ). and of course gree already gives me a #41 w/cool paintjob. but since i'm still undecided about keeping my ushadow, a cw-sa sculpt on the covert-o woulda made the decision easier for me :upset:
anyhoo thanx for answer ks, and btw too bad i didn't know about your evol sandy preference (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=439237&postcount=316) earlier, as i've got both the yellow and the gray-white sets and woulda Happily traded you the sandies from both of them for a covert ops. in fact i still will if you wish- so long as i can keep a backpack from one of them :)
vt

Kill Solo
11-11-2005, 12:57 PM
Vulcantouch, although tempting is your offer for your Sandies (btw I love the custom commtech sandie, very freaking nice, better than the POTJ Sandie with the weird arms) I will have to see what condition the 2 extra I ordered from SWS.com are in.

DarthQuack
11-12-2005, 01:52 PM
Found a peg full of them yesterday and picked up just one. Looks decent.

vulcantouch
11-13-2005, 01:57 PM
-thanx- actually i've modified it since r2dee2 took that pic: when the votc stormy came out i grafted its shins & forearms onto my ct sandy so as to increase his articulation. i'll lyk when i take & post a pic of it if interested :)

"will have to see what condition the 2 extra I ordered from SWS.com are in"
-no problem, & no hurry, lmk whenever, i look fwd to hearing :) i might like pkg included but don't really care what condition it's in since i open everything; i also wouldn't need the guns, in case you'd want em :)
vt

ace2005
11-16-2005, 04:19 AM
Houston, Texas here...

These exclusive are starting to actually be stocked on shelves way before the release date, but I have noticed these are being stocked with the peg warming anakin and obi. Most of the time you will find these troopers behind the lava figures or in a sea of these peg warmers, if you look hard enough you will score. I think in our area a lot of people are missing these because they are mixed in with the other exclusives. I know because I almost past them and found a whole row of them behind the lave pieces.

Good Luck,

:D

Scackmgack
11-16-2005, 02:23 PM
These reports of early releases are beginning to freak me out. I've stopped by my local Target twice, had the DPI run, and both times the Shadow Troopers have shown up as no stock room location, no floor location, and they noted the release date of the 20th.

I am hoping that they do stick to that, in which case I should be fine as long as I get to the store when it opens on the 20th. If other people are checking, though, and the staff is willing to bring figures out when they do make their way inside from the truck, I'm going to get screwed.

I don't want to keep bothering them, calling and asking them if they hold items in Customer Service (which I already know they do, for 24 hours), and then giving them the DPI to see if they can grab me some. I have not done so yet, but I don't trust that the figures will not see the light of day before the 20th.

kingyeti
11-16-2005, 05:30 PM
i called my target last week,gave the dcpi#,the guy said they were in the back and wouldn't be out until the 20th.i said, so what, i can't buy any? he said he'd be more than happy to put two on 24hr hold right then. so i wen't straight to the store and got them.he said they just couldn't put them out on the shelves until the 20th.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-16-2005, 06:57 PM
That's a good idea. Mine won't put them out until the 20th and I won't be around that day to get one. Maybe I can get them to hold one until Monday.

Dark Helmet
11-17-2005, 05:18 PM
I picked up 3 of the shadow trooper in OH today.....they did say anything at all about the 20th release date. They had 12 so I bought 3. One to keep, one to open, and one to possibly trade. Thanks for all the info posted on this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yes:

Luuuuuuke
11-17-2005, 05:34 PM
I think the Covert Ops Clone's mold is better--obviously because it's the #41. I like the paint job better on the Target shadow trooper, but like the original one, he has no neck. It makes him look a little too stocky. Cool clone though.

JetsAndHeels
11-17-2005, 09:31 PM
Got a call from a buddy today who was in a target and spotted some of the shadow troopers. Since I cannot seem to find them around my area, I had him pick me one up.
What are the chances I start to see these bad boys around now that I have one? :D

UKWildcat
11-17-2005, 09:45 PM
What are the chances I start to see these bad boys around now that I have one? :D

If your luck is anything like mine... very good! lol

JetsAndHeels
11-17-2005, 09:58 PM
If your luck is anything like mine... very good! lol

I hear that. I am going to try my local target again tomorrow. I have a feeling there will be plenty there.
No worries though, I will get another.

tagmac
11-18-2005, 11:12 PM
I found one of these guys at a Target in NJ tonight, which I bought. Looked to be the only one on the shelf, and it was just sitting there, like someone just left it. I only noticed it when I was looking through the pegs for the Tactical Ops Trooper, as the rest of that case was all over the pegs. They also had tons of the lava Anakin and Obi-Wan figs, which I still have no interest in.

jimmymiro12
11-19-2005, 08:04 AM
I have 2 but I want to get another 1 or 2 of em to open.

jimmy m

Scackmgack
11-19-2005, 04:59 PM
I've got five of these - they were purchased for me as a birthday present - and I might bring them all back.

I am NOT impressed with this figure, and am a little embarassed that I was making such a big deal over it.

It's the exact same paint job as Cody's Legion clones but with black and grey instead of white and yellow. The weapons are no different, no special features - how is this worth $13.99 each or however much it was?

At this point, even as an army builder, I think I am limiting my clone purchases to clones I actually saw in the movie, or whose commanders I know are coming out at some point. The first target Exclusives, the Neyo's Legion clones, will be accompanied by Commander Neyo at some point I am sure. Commander Cody will get a figure to go with the Utapau Clones, and I am sure Galactic Marines will get made to go with Bacara.

I only wish they would come up with proper yellow-colored Star Corps figures to go with Commander Bly. I feel stupid for having purchased four red Clone Commanders now...

Right now, if I could get two Shock Troopers and one of the Jedi Temple Assault multi-packs for the pristine 501st Legion clones (as opposed to the Tactical Ops Trooper with the dirty feet and bad mold, which I would probably skip if I saw it on the pegs at this point), I think my clone purchases would be complete.

Veers
11-19-2005, 06:58 PM
I will be there to get these most definitely.

Hexagram520
11-20-2005, 01:36 AM
yay i haven't posted in a while.

i found this casually at target today. they had about 10-12, if anyone is worried about getting this one, i'd happily get one and trade for the red and blue royal guards i never found

Jango Speck
11-20-2005, 03:18 AM
yay i haven't posted in a while.

i found this casually at target today. they had about 10-12, if anyone is worried about getting this one, i'd happily get one and trade for the red and blue royal guards i never found

You should be finding lots of red/blue guards now. They're shipping again (both versions), and I always find them at Target.

Obi-wedge
11-20-2005, 12:29 PM
Some guy has a couple up on ebay for $1.00 each. There is only one day left and only two bids. Not too bad if you can't find them. If I don;t see any at Target todat thats the way I will probably go. Msot scalpers will most likely snatch them all up when they find them.

Search ebay for- star wars target utapau shadow trooper free

ace2005
11-20-2005, 01:13 PM
Those auctions won't last unless you are extremely lucky, most people have been bidding at the very last minute, but who knows...Good Luck.

Also from previous poster I have also seen both red and blue guards coming in collection 2 with the tatical ops trooper.

Good Luck,

:D

JEDIpartner
11-20-2005, 04:43 PM
I've had two of them for two weeks... *shrug*

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-20-2005, 05:22 PM
I hit three Targets today and they didn't even have them in the stockrooms. This is getting me mad . . .

Slicker
11-20-2005, 05:29 PM
I hit three Targets today and they didn't even have them in the stockrooms. This is getting me mad . . .Don't worry JJL my Target didn't have any either. Instead they had 30 or so of the craptastic Lava figs still.

I've never seen exclusives peg warm until the last 3 (Lava figs and Holo Emperor). Maybe Hasbro should take some notes and stop releasing them so close together.

dashrender
11-20-2005, 09:59 PM
Don't worry JJL my Target didn't have any either. Instead they had 30 or so of the craptastic Lava figs still.

I've never seen exclusives peg warm until the last 3 (Lava figs and Holo Emperor). Maybe Hasbro should take some notes and stop releasing them so close together.

Well not only so close together, but better figs. NOT rehashes..

and give us somethins more for our $13. not just a figue, something special...

Mandalorian Candidat
11-20-2005, 10:25 PM
and give us somethins more for our $13. not just a figue, something special...

Yeah, for that price why not make it a two pack?

And why the jump to $13? Weren't the OG Target Ex. clones going for $10?

2-1B
11-21-2005, 01:02 AM
I paid $12.99 for the Vader and Clone IIRC.

Hexagram520
11-21-2005, 02:01 AM
You should be finding lots of red/blue guards now. They're shipping again (both versions), and I always find them at Target.
what gorgeous news, thanks pal!

Slicker
11-21-2005, 05:40 AM
You should be finding lots of red/blue guards now. They're shipping again (both versions), and I always find them at Target.Off topic but yesterday I did finally find my Red Guard sittin' on the shelf.

MajikNinja
11-21-2005, 12:07 PM
i've had mine for a couple weeks now. but my one friend wanted to try to get his hands on these. we went to 4 targets in my area today and they all said that they were gone not 3 minutes after they opened because people waiting at the door wearing star wars costumes and when they came in they started grabbing and buying as many as they could. just becuase of this i have no sympathy for people who didnt get any, if you really wanted to get one you should have gone early like some of us did.Edited for potenial bating remarks I'm glad i got mine before anyone else.

steeltormentor69
11-21-2005, 12:11 PM
I'm glad i got mine before anyone else.

yeah me too!

dashrender
11-21-2005, 01:12 PM
i've had mine for a couple weeks now. but my one friend wanted to try to get his hands on these. we went to 4 targets in my area today and they all said that they were gone not 3 minutes after they opened because people waiting at the door wearing star wars costumes and when they came in they started grabbing and buying as many as they could. just becuase of this i have no sympathy for people who didnt get any, if you really wanted to get one you should have gone early like some of us did. i knew there would be obsessed ****** dressed in clone armor and vader suites waiting for these figures and i was right. I'm glad i got mine before anyone else.

So you are calling the 501st 'obsessed ******' eh? I personally take offense to that. Now that being said, yeah it is kinda wrong that a single person would take them all. But as long as they are not scalpers, I don't care. This is because I know people around here shop for more than just themselves. I shop for about 3 people. So when I find something, I normally get at least 3 of it.

These are just my 2 cents worth.

Edited by jedi_master_sal for potentially bating/flaming remarks

jedi master sal
11-21-2005, 03:05 PM
dashrender, "MajikNinja" did not specifically say the 501st. I have friends who have stormtrooper and Vader costumes who are not part of the 501st.
I've edited both of your posts for cussing.

dashrender
11-21-2005, 03:20 PM
dashrender, "MajikNinja" did not specifically say the 501st. I have friends who have stormtrooper and Vader costumes who are not part of the 501st.
I've edited both of your posts for cussing.

Wow, really? I can't believe that people would be willing to spend $600+ on armor and not join the 501st.

Thanks for editing, I was only using his wording.

jedi master sal
11-22-2005, 03:45 PM
Wow, really? I can't believe that people would be willing to spend $600+ on armor and not join the 501st.

Thanks for editing, I was only using his wording.

Yes, like I said, I've got a couple of friends who have either Stormtrooper or Vader armor and aren't part of the 501st. One specifically chooses not to be, but that's a story best left untold.

I realize you were just quoting, but please edit out any cussing in your reply, even if you were not the originator of the post.

MajikNinja, your post has been deleted because it is bating. Star Wars fans come in all "flavors." Just try to be more patient when posting and choose words that aren't so aggressive. That is one way to get a post deleted or oneself banned if it persists. Just passing along a kind administrative remark.

Now back to the thread topic please folks.

-Sal