PDA

View Full Version : Pushups with Hayden

2-1B
11-03-2005, 01:02 PM
aka "The Sound of Episode III ROTS"

Did you see Hayden doing pushups in Matt Wood's recording studio to prep for the action scene dialogue replacement ? lol

The whole ADR process amazes me, the accurate lip synching they do is incredible. Compare that to some of the crusty movies I have on my self with obviously bad overdubs (like foreign films spoken in English but then redubbed with non-foreign accents).

But sometimes the ADR sticks out, or more specifically I should say the dialogue that is overlayed when there was none originally.
I don't know this for a fact but I think I might be right, I believe it was not originally intended for Obi-Wan to say "Let's see if we can find something in the hangar bay that's still flyable." It just seems like he . . . didn't say anything there originally. It's like they had E McG record that line in just enough time for the character's back to be turned while saying it. It feels a bit unnatural.

That is the most obvious example of audio cheating in ROTS that I can think of.

In AOTC, when Anakin says he thinks Zam is a changeling, that one bugs me because I HEAR him say changeling but it looks like his mouth ended with an "m" sound. Probably because Zam wasn't a changeling originally, they did that later. But I still wonder what he originally said on set.
So it's either that, or it's the cotton ball in his mouth yielding that effect. lol lol lol

JEDIpartner
11-03-2005, 02:24 PM
There is SO MUCH obvious ADR in the OT that it isn't even funny. Pretty much all of Carrie Fisher's lines are obviously replaced. Poor thing was so damn high most of the time that her original dialogue was unintelligible and the replacement track was just sloppy. LOL

Those of us crushing on Hayden would like to see more push ups... LOL

JimJamBonds
11-03-2005, 02:32 PM
So it's either that, or it's the cotton ball in his mouth yielding that effect. lol lol lol

and/or all the crying that he does in ROTS? :D

Rocketboy
11-03-2005, 04:38 PM
There is a TON of ADR in TPM also, mostly dealing with Jake Lloyd.
The are two that stick out in my mind.

"Sandstorms are very..." someone walks in front of Anakin "...very dangerous."
and
"Mom! I did it! Yeah!," where Anakin's mouth isn't that visible in most of the shot.

JimJamBonds
11-04-2005, 01:06 AM
When Hayden is on the table getting 'the armor' put on him he screams and takes a poke at 2-1B, his teeth are clenched yet he belts out a healthy scream.

Slicker
11-04-2005, 03:07 AM
The most notable one for me is in Jedi when Han, Leia, Luke, and Chewie are in the Imperial shuttle and Leia says come on general let's get going (or something like that) and she obviously said Han in the original before dubbing. Just watch it once and it's one of those things you'll constantly notice.

Elliejabbapop
11-04-2005, 09:23 AM
aka "The Sound of Episode III ROTS"

Which one was that again?

2-1B
11-04-2005, 11:44 AM
Huh ? :confused:

Elliejabbapop
11-04-2005, 12:50 PM
I mean is it a documentary on the dvd?

JimJamBonds
11-04-2005, 01:53 PM

Yup its on the dvd.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-04-2005, 05:58 PM
In AOTC, for whatever reason, they had Natalie re-record the line "I'm going to save Obi-Wan" into "I'm going to help Obi-Wan." It kinda sticks out . . . all the words match up nicely, except of course for save/help.

However I am VERY glad that they changed "YES!" to "Uh-huh" on the AOTC DVD when she gets up after falling out of the gunship.

2-1B
11-04-2005, 09:46 PM

Gottcha, sorry. :D

Yeah, if you watch "Within a Minute" they do a segment on the audio with Matthew "call me Alan Smithee or General Grievous" Wood and that's where you can see Hayders getting his reps in. :)

Elliejabbapop
11-06-2005, 05:31 AM
Ok thanks. I usually don't watch these docs, now I will :thumbsup:

Elliejabbapop
11-07-2005, 11:50 AM
Seen it!!! I have to admit I enjoyed this one, apart from some weary technical details :tired: , and the pushups were hilarious, not to mention some of Ewan's goofs (ex. the "ballerina trot" lol ) lol lol lol