PDA

View Full Version : Why do we get 15 webdocs instead of 18?

Elliejabbapop
11-03-2005, 05:04 PM
I was extremely p*ssed off when I found out. The bloopers (or non bloopers) were a bad enough blow.....
Does anyone know if there is a particular reason?
:frus: :frus: :frus:

2-1B
11-04-2005, 12:01 AM
I don't know for sure, just that they announced awhile back that they were putting the "best" of the web docs on the DVD. :)

Which ones were left off ? I'll have to go watch them again on Hyperspace to see if they were worth putting on the DVD . . . but even the worst doc should be there in place of all that video game garbage. :rolleyes:

Elliejabbapop
11-04-2005, 08:22 AM
They left out the Anakin one, the wookies one and the one about the models (I think). The first two were in my opinion among the best ones of the whole bunch, certainly better than the HD tape one :rolleyes:

JEDIpartner
11-04-2005, 09:11 AM
"The Wookiees are back" is on the DVD.

Elliejabbapop
11-04-2005, 09:17 AM
Is it? :confused:
In that case which one is missing?
Maybe they did different editions for the various countries. :Ponder:

JimJamBonds
11-04-2005, 11:09 AM
certainly better than the HD tape one :rolleyes:

Yeah that one is pretty lame. I've enjoyed all the webdocs finding something interesting in all of them.... that one just sucks. :sad:

2-1B
11-04-2005, 11:47 AM
Maybe they reused some of the Anakin footage in the Chosen One featurette, thus rendering the web doc obsolete ?

JEDIpartner
11-04-2005, 01:20 PM
That's possible... My partner actually enjoyed the one about the digital tape. He thought it was an interesting glimpse into the process. This kinda illustrates the point of fanboy vs. general consumer needs. We got what we wanted out of it and there are still some things that someone who isn't as invested in the series can enjoy as well.

JimJamBonds
11-04-2005, 01:47 PM
He thought it was an interesting glimpse into the process. This kinda illustrates the point of fanboy vs. general consumer needs. We got what we wanted out of it and there are still some things that someone who isn't as invested in the series can enjoy as well.

True, what is weird is that I love the "within a minute" doc. but for some reason the tape one didn't do it for me.

Elliejabbapop
11-04-2005, 02:38 PM
but for some reason the tape one didn't do it for me.

I'll tell you why: because the HD one is presented in a boring and uninteresting way. I think anything can be objectively great or not great depending on how it's presented.
BTW I still can't get why they couldn't put all the webdocs in the dvd
and even if the HD one had been "interesting" for some people, even if they had got out the Anakin one because of what C. suggested, the one about the models (for example) was objectively more functional to anyone who'd want to be "informed" about the making of the movie, also because the "within a minute" one makes the HD one look quite useless.

JEDIpartner
11-04-2005, 04:06 PM
I'll tell you why: because the HD one is presented in a boring and uninteresting way.

Again, that's just you. My partner thought it was more interesting than the "Within a Minute", which he thought was tedious and overdone.

2-1B
11-04-2005, 10:08 PM
Good point Ellie, now that you mention it I do recall them reusing some of that HD Tape stuff in Within a Minute. :)

Elliejabbapop
11-05-2005, 09:00 AM
Again, that's just you. My partner thought it was more interesting than the "Within a Minute", which he thought was tedious and overdone.

You are astoundingly wrong, it can't be me because I don't even like these kinds of documentaries, not one bit, I was merely pointing out the differences from a technical point of view, as Caesar has well understood :thumbsup:. I never said the "Within a minute" was better, the only comparison of this kind was made by JJB, so I really don't know where you got that idea from.

JimJamBonds
11-07-2005, 12:02 PM
Good point Ellie, now that you mention it I do recall them reusing some of that HD Tape stuff in Within a Minute. :)

That wasn't the only time info was reused, while I can't remember off hand there are other times where I noticed double dipping.