PDA

View Full Version : so I guess Oddball is the preferred nomenclature . . .

2-1B
11-04-2005, 08:34 PM
Did you know the handle of that ARC pilot who falls in behind General Kenobi ? :confused:
I didn't. :D

I saw that movie 18 times in the theater plus 2 times on DVD and I always thought Obers said "Arc Four, form your squad up behind me" (or something similar). I know his droid is R4 and that the ships behind him are ARC fighters, so with that accent it sounded like "Arc Four" to me . . . but watching ROTS last night with commentary (and ergo with subtitles so I could follow the dialogue as well), it gave Obi-Wan's line as "Oddball, form your squad"

Was that obvious to anybody or am I just dumb ? :stupid:

Oddball, that's a great name. lol

darthvyn
11-04-2005, 09:00 PM
i never picked up on that... although i only saw it once in theaters. when i buy the DVD i'll see if it sparks my memory. i remember the line right now, but not the exact words...

sith_killer_99
11-04-2005, 09:02 PM
I knew it was Oddball, but I don't remember if I read it in the novel or caught it in the film.

2-1B
11-04-2005, 09:22 PM
I figure the novel gives Oddball as his handle but that's not something I was likely to remember. :D

DarthBrandon
11-04-2005, 09:43 PM
Oddball, they must be using R.M. nickname I would presume.:D

Lord Malakite
11-04-2005, 11:42 PM
Oddball, I wonder if that is a reference to the character from the WWII comedy movie "Kelly's Heroes."

Ji'dai
11-05-2005, 04:04 PM
Oddball, I wonder if that is a reference to the character from the WWII comedy movie "Kelly's Heroes." The name reminded me of Goldfinger's henchman Oddjob and his razor-brimmed bowler.

I didn't catch the name the first time I saw ROTS but caught it when I read the novelization. I thought Oddball was just an awful invention of author Matthew Stover, but then I noticed it on my second viewing of the film.

plasticfetish
11-05-2005, 10:36 PM
Oddball, I wonder if that is a reference to the character from the WWII comedy movie "Kelly's Heroes."...the great Donald Sutherland. That's a good guess. It sounded familiar, but for the life of me I couldn't remember where I'd heard it before. (Haven't seen that film in ages.)

Slicker
11-07-2005, 02:21 AM
I knew the name was Oddball but I don't recall it sounding anything like that in the movie. I must've thought he said R4 or ARC 4. I'll have to watch it again.

JEDIpartner
11-07-2005, 07:58 AM
I knew his name was "Oddball"... why didn't you???!!!! :whip:

JimJamBonds
11-07-2005, 10:51 AM
I never caught the Oddball 'handle', I guess I read it in the novel but it didn't stick with me (although I do remember the "Scramble code to Curascant courtesy the old folks home")