PDA

View Full Version : so I guess Panaka told Charlotte about Ani & Ami's nuptials (another anti EU thread).

2-1B
11-04-2005, 10:07 PM
Reading the SWE3ROTS Vis Dic book awhile back, I noticed a little blurb that said Panaka was the one to tell Charlotte about Padme and Anakin's shotgun wedding on Naboo.

WTF is that ? :rolleyes:

I think it's a really silly idea and one that I am going to discard. :grin:

Without this "valuable" info, as it stands in ROTS Char just knows and that's all there is to it. How he knows is mysterious and I think that's how it should be.
I am reminded of ROTJ when Vader is looking for ways to bait Luke into a continuation of their fight and I love how he probes around inside Luke's noggin to find that little nugget about his sister. That's how I see Char's interaction with Anakin in ROTS, he goes digging inside to pull out something he can use against him.

Oh okay, but I guess afterall it was just because Panaka told him. :rolleyes:

F***in' Panaka. lol lol lol

Rocketboy
11-05-2005, 08:40 AM
I assumed Anakin told him, since he told Charlotte about the Tusken slaughter.

2-1B
11-05-2005, 10:42 AM
That's certainly a much better theory than Pancakes telling Charlotte. :D

But there's something in there about Anakin's surprise when Char tells him he will be able to save his wife from certain death. "What did you say?" is Anakin's reply (and he says it almost like Ron Burgundy said it when Veronica Corningstone told him he had bad hair. :crazed: ).

So what was Anakin surprised about ? Only the "certain death" part ? I think he is surprised at the whole thing but even if Anners DID tell Charlotte offscreen, I guess there is still some of that creepiness factor since he still knew what was racing around in Ani's head. :)

Elliejabbapop
11-05-2005, 01:26 PM
Reading the SWE3ROTS Vis Dic book awhile back, I noticed a little blurb that said Panaka was the one to tell Charlotte about Padme and Anakin's shotgun wedding on Naboo.

Right, so Panaka is the new "know it all", "man's man", "ladies' man", etc. :rolleyes:

BTW I think a "shotgun wedding" is usually intended as something else ;) .

2-1B
11-05-2005, 05:17 PM
BTW I think a "shotgun wedding" is usually intended as something else ;) .

True, but keep in mind how eager Anakin was to get to work. lol lol lol

Elliejabbapop
11-06-2005, 04:26 AM
You dirty little ...... lol lol lol
He must have been a great lover but they didn't concieve for another two and something years. When duty calls.... lol

JEDIpartner
11-06-2005, 08:54 AM
I think Captain Pancakes knew Charlotte was looking for a new apprentice and was just kissing his butt.

Bacta Beast
11-06-2005, 02:01 PM
Who the @##$%$@#&*%$ is CHARLOTTE?!!!!!!! Obviously Palpatine, why is everyone calling him Charlotte?

2-1B
11-06-2005, 04:17 PM
Cos is just a nickname for his real name of Charlotte. :)

Rocketboy
11-06-2005, 05:14 PM
Who the @##$%$@#&*%$ is CHARLOTTE?!!!!!!! Obviously Palpatine, why is everyone calling him Charlotte?Sorry, that's kinda fault.
:D
Check out this thread (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=30184).

trandoshan666
11-06-2005, 05:45 PM
So what was Anakin surprised about ? Only the "certain death" part ? I think he is surprised at the whole thing but even if Anners DID tell Charlotte offscreen, I guess there is still some of that creepiness factor since he still knew what was racing around in Ani's head. :)
Yeah, it should have creeped out Anakin that Palpatine knew what his nightmares were about. I've always felt that this dialogue suggests that Palpatine had somehow influenced the dreams to help move the whole process along.

JEDIpartner
11-06-2005, 06:14 PM
Charlotte always knew...!!!!

El Chuxter
11-07-2005, 08:47 AM
Panaka was only hoping to get the two of them broken up. He's had a crush for a while. And he wanted Anakin to be heartbroken, kicked out of the Jedi Order, and dumped by his wife, to turn to him for consolation.

Bacta Beast
11-07-2005, 09:57 AM
Sorry, that's kinda fault.
:D
Check out this thread (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=30184).

Ooooooooooooooooooooh! I see:D
I found this one to be particularly humorous.:thumbsup:

"That's funny, my Charolette's Web DVD reads "Revenge of the Sith" when I pop it in my computer"

Droid
11-07-2005, 10:26 AM
The Revenge of the Sith novel (page 277) implies that the person that married Padme and Anakin was the one who told Palpatine, not Panaka. Palpatine states, "You of all people know how I value loyalty and friendship; do you think I have no friends amon the civil clergy in Theed? Your scret ceremony has never been secret. Not from me, at any rate."

And people mocked me for saying that they should make a figure of the clergyman, claiming it was an insignifcant character!

2-1B
11-07-2005, 10:35 AM
Panaka was only hoping to get the two of them broken up. He's had a crush for a while. And he wanted Anakin to be heartbroken, kicked out of the Jedi Order, and dumped by his wife, to turn to him for consolation.

So that's why Panaka was staring at Ani in TPM . . . :eek:

JEDIpartner
11-07-2005, 11:15 AM
Maybe he wanted to douse HIM in butter and maple syrup!!! :D

-- sounds like Pancakes was a member of N_MBLA (Naboo Man-Boy Love Association). There really is a NAMBLA... (North American...) and I think that it's just disgusting.

JimJamBonds
11-07-2005, 11:42 AM
I think Charlotte knew about the marriage (but not from Anners so I guess it would be Panaka) he was just waiting for the right moment to use that nugget to his advantage. With that in mind when Charlotte says it Anners is suprised to find out that Charlotte knows of their little secret.

Yeah, it should have creeped out Anakin that Palpatine knew what his nightmares were about.

I think he told Charlotte, just like he told Obi about the dreams of his mother.

2-1B
11-07-2005, 12:33 PM
We don't know for sure that Ani told Char about the dreams, just the Tusken revenge part.

I'd love a figure of the faux Alec Guinness minister guy.

El Chuxter
11-07-2005, 05:18 PM
Panaka was a member of one NAMBLA, but not the other. He has never qualified to join the Naboo Association of Marlon Brando Look-Alikes.

darthvyn
11-08-2005, 09:06 AM
palpatine was using the force to kill padme, that's how he knew she was dying.

2-1B
11-08-2005, 09:58 AM
I think it was Anakin's Turn that "killed" her . . . Had he not tried to play god with his dreams, they never would have come true. A self fulfilling prophecy or somethin' :D

trandoshan666
11-08-2005, 04:29 PM
I think it was Anakin's Turn that "killed" her . . . Had he not tried to play god with his dreams, they never would have come true. A self fulfilling prophecy or somethin' :D

That's why I've always felt that Palpatine was causing the dreams because he knew he could use them to steer Anakin down the dark path, and ultimately, everything progressed just as Palps had foreseen.

2-1B
11-09-2005, 12:31 AM
That I can't agree with. He saw premonitions of his mother dying just as his son saw premonitions of his friends in trouble. Palps wasn't involved with those and I don't believe he had anything to do with these wife dreams, either. :)

Droid
11-09-2005, 08:52 AM
That I can't agree with. He saw premonitions of his mother dying just as his son saw premonitions of his friends in trouble. Palps wasn't involved with those and I don't believe he had anything to do with these wife dreams, either. :)

If you read the Making of Revenge of the Sith book, there is an early portion of the screenplay that implies that the Sith were behind Shmi's kidnapping. I'll pull the quote tonight. Maybe in Lucas' mind Palpatine was behind all the premonitions. But since Lucas chose not to put it in the film it is open to debate...

Jayspawn
11-09-2005, 09:12 AM
Not this again. Why people call him Charlotte is beyond me. How about calling him Palpatine? Or the Chancellor? Or the Emperor? Or Ian McDiarmid? Sakes!

JimJamBonds
11-09-2005, 10:24 AM
Why people call him Charlotte is beyond me. How about calling him Palpatine? Or the Chancellor? Or the Emperor? Or Ian McDiarmid? Sakes!

See this thread that Jedi Partner started....

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=30184

Its just a goofy little thing that a bunch of us are having some fun with.

2-1B
11-09-2005, 11:10 AM
If you read the Making of Revenge of the Sith book, there is an early portion of the screenplay that implies that the Sith were behind Shmi's kidnapping. I'll pull the quote tonight. Maybe in Lucas' mind Palpatine was behind all the premonitions. But since Lucas chose not to put it in the film it is open to debate...

I have read it and I am very glad that idea got tossed. :D